100 Day Pull-up Challenge!!! Join Me Starting Monday March 9th

Page 7 of 18 First ... 56789 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by WhatsaRoid? View Post
    Nice, how much were you deadlifting?

Side not man I'm a few days behind, but my dip belt should be coming in soon so I can add a 45 plate
    My 3 warm ups were 135 and my last 1 rep was 355.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

2. Ran a 5k tonight with my wife.......halfway through remembered my 10 and jumped on a telephone pole bar that hung over the sidewalk and banged them out!
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by scottedont View Post
    Ran a 5k tonight with my wife.......halfway through remembered my 10 and jumped on a telephone pole bar that hung over the sidewalk and banged them out!
    Word
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market

4. Got my 10 in at the gym with perfect form on each rep and great height over the bar.
    I'm pretty sure I won't be making that same comment next week, lol.

5. 11 down.
    ...or up...whatever you call it.
    •   

6. 11...

7. i'm here hope to make my 11 today i've been doing it since last monday 1 per day

8. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    Lift
    Deadlift 3-2-2-2-1-1-1-1-1 (use the 3 reps as a lighter warm-up weight, then go up in weight each set for the remaining sets until you hit your one rep max)
    WOD
    With a continuously running clock do one chest to bar pull-ups one minute, 2 chest to bar pull-ups the second, and so on until failure.

Then I superset some various biceps lifts with some more back work like rows. Followed everything with a good cycling session.
    After my back workout on Tue. I was the most sore today and pumping out 11 sucked. It's always 2 days later that I am the sorest if I do get sore.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market

9. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    Man I killed it on back yesterday with this workout below so today should have been an easy 10, but it was a struggle. Tomorrow is an active recovery day with a 3-4 mile run so I should be fine again.

Lift
    Deadlift 3-2-2-2-1-1-1-1-1 (use the 3 reps as a lighter warm-up weight, then go up in weight each set for the remaining sets until you hit your one rep max)
    WOD
    With a continuously running clock do one chest to bar pull-ups one minute, 2 chest to bar pull-ups the second, and so on until failure.

Then I superset some various biceps lifts with some more back work like rows. Followed everything with a good cycling session.
    I know what you mean I think I have to move pullups to the beginning of my workout...I tend to rape my back with deads.

10. 12 this morning.
    I need a massage.
    Talked to a girl until 4am last night.
    Hmmm...I need more than a massage...

11. I'll be in the gym at 2pm today. This is what todays workout is. I'm sure it's got my 12 pull-ups covered. Ha!

Complete as many rounds as you can in thirty minutes of:
    5 pull-ups
    5 ring dips
    10 push-ups
    15 Sit-ups
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market

12. no way am i going to be able to play catch up when we pass the 50 mark!

just away to do my 23 now
    We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.

13. 12 down, thousands to go!!!

14. Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    no way am i going to be able to play catch up when we pass the 50 mark!

just away to do my 23 now
    Just have to make sure you don't miss any days
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market

15. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    I'll be in the gym at 2pm today. This is what todays workout is. I'm sure it's got my 12 pull-ups covered. Ha!

Complete as many rounds as you can in thirty minutes of:
    5 pull-ups
    5 ring dips
    10 push-ups
    15 Sit-ups
    Results:
    16 Rounds n 30 minutes

Totaling
    85 Pull-ups
    85 Ring dips
    160 Push ups
    240 Sit-ups

I'm F*ckin beat

Except for the pull-ups for the challenge I'm off for Sat/Sun
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market

16. 13 done and done
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market

17. ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
  18. purebred

i have a question: what is the correct breathing pattern for pull-ups?

when i've done them in the past i inhale at the bottom and exhale as i'm getting to the top. is this correct breathing technique?

19. 14

This pic is of my last (#14) L Pull-up. Form def started to falter at the end. I'm working on that, but the L position is hard for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market

20. Quote Originally Posted by purebred View Post
    i have a question: what is the correct breathing pattern for pull-ups?

when i've done them in the past i inhale at the bottom and exhale as i'm getting to the top. is this correct breathing technique?
    You know, that's a good question. I really am not sure. I believe I inhale on the way up and exhale on the way down, ending my breathes at the to extremes of the ROM. It just feels natural to me. I haven't read anywhere anything regarding breathing and pull-ups. I would say don't even think about it and let your body just do it.

On another, but similar note, I am working on putting a guide to better Pull-ups together. I want to cover aspects from the beginner working for their 1st to the experienced working towards a PR, whether it's for reps or poundage/tonnage. I will also cover the various methods, grips, their purposes etc. All that into an easy to read/follow summary. I've got it started, just need to finish it now.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
  21. purebred

Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    You know, that's a good question. I really am not sure. I believe I inhale on the way up and exhale on the way down, ending my breathes at the to extremes of the ROM. It just feels natural to me. I haven't read anywhere anything regarding breathing and pull-ups. I would say don't even think about it and let your body just do it.

On another, but similar note, I am working on putting a guide to better Pull-ups together. I want to cover aspects from the beginner working for their 1st to the experienced working towards a PR, whether it's for reps or poundage/tonnage. I will also cover the various methods, grips, their purposes etc. All that into an easy to read/follow summary. I've got it started, just need to finish it now.
    I've read its easier to breathe at the bottom portion of the lift (i.e. big ol' breath before you pull yourself up). and hey, your pull-up improvement guide sounds fantastic. what a great idea! wishing you the best with compiling all that together. i believe many, both newbies and experienced lifters will benefit from that, including all lifters in-between the two experience levels

22. 14, it's getting tougher to get em all in one set, might have to break into 2 or more soon...

23. Man I missed like a week haha, but I did 40 last night with a 10 pound dumbell between my legs. I'ma do another 40 at the gym on my lunch break and 40 tonight and I think I'll be good. I'm catching up lol
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    www.appliednutriceuticals.com

FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Applie...ls/64122223218

24. Quote Originally Posted by scottedont View Post
    Ran a 5k tonight with my wife.......halfway through remembered my 10 and jumped on a telephone pole bar that hung over the sidewalk and banged them out!
    Your awesome

FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:

25. Quote Originally Posted by WhatsaRoid? View Post
    Man I missed like a week haha, but I did 40 last night with a 10 pound dumbell between my legs. I'ma do another 40 at the gym on my lunch break and 40 tonight and I think I'll be good. I'm catching up lol
    I was going to shout out to you in another thread to see if you were still with us, but I think I got side tracked.

Got my 15
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market

26. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    I was going to shout out to you in another thread to see if you were still with us, but I think I got side tracked.

Got my 15
    Check out my training thread I just started I'm down and knocking em out.

EDIT
    I have no more room in my sig to add this

FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:

27. Quote Originally Posted by WhatsaRoid? View Post
    Check out my training thread I just started I'm down and knocking em out.

EDIT
    I have no more room in my sig to add this
    Ha, all good bro.

I'll check it right now.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market

28. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    Ha, all good bro.

I'll check it right now.
    Imagine what are backs will look like when this is over...Ahhhh I can see it now, I'll change my SN to Cobra Commander

FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:

29. bwx10 20poundsx10 50 poundsx8-8 now on to deadlifts...I need to eat more calories..I am plateauing.

30. Quote Originally Posted by TheLastRonin View Post
    bwx10 20poundsx10 50 poundsx8-8 now on to deadlifts...I need to eat more calories..I am plateauing.
    Ohh ****, your a beast I'll catch up soon enough

FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 121
    Last Post: 10-09-2011, 11:30 AM
  2. Ok just got my order in...starting monday
    By East1600Plus in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13