100 Day Pull-up Challenge!!! Join Me Starting Monday March 9th

Page 2 of 18 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by TheLastRonin View Post
    "can currently do a 50 pound plate(yes I have a home gym lol) for 8 repsx3 sets I think in 100 days I could at LEAST get 100 for 1-4 reps..I used to do 2 50 pounders for 4 reps before I got married, so i hope muscle memory can help me transition easily back into heavy lifting again'

    lol you can see what my max was , I never hit 10 reps @ 100 pounds..but I am willing to try. I'll keep you all posted on reps/weight per back workout. It can be done!
    I posted me response before i saw that post... i think you'll reach that target w/o any problems... for me i dont know about adding any weight but for sure i'll go eclipsing my personal best


  2. i think it was thesinner who was posting dips with 90lbs added. not quite the same as pullups, but it makes me wonder what he does pullups with
    •   
       


  3. in! i need to improve on my pull ups anyway! I'd quite like to be able to do wide grip pull ups for like 20 reps. But i'm just rubbish.
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”

  4. Quote Originally Posted by DormantFiber View Post
    I posted me response before i saw that post... i think you'll reach that target w/o any problems... for me i dont know about adding any weight but for sure i'll go eclipsing my personal best
    Ohh buddy.. you would like it. When I started to add weight to pull ups my lats grew like a mofo.Its fun to do variations on hand placement and alternating chins as well.

  5. Did 15 today.
    •   
       


  6. I am in......Rangers all the way, hoah.

  7. wow this is very interesting im not going to join wont fit in with my routine but definately an exciting way to test yourself to see if you can make it! best of luck to everyone!! and if he can do 100lbs around his waist i wanna see that so make a video bud

  8. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    i think it was thesinner who was posting dips with 90lbs added. not quite the same as pullups, but it makes me wonder what he does pullups with
    Yeah, I've seen a guy in the gym at my base you was spec ops and could dip with 3 to 4 plates and pull-up 2-3. The man was beastly.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  9. Quote Originally Posted by ABNRanger View Post
    I am in......Rangers all the way, hoah.
    You know, those of us in the Navy/Marine Corps make fun of you guys for that line right??


    Oh, and I got mine in for today. It's not back day so I won't do many, but since I've got a bar in my office I will do some more. I do them every day.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  10. Quote Originally Posted by MMAMONSTER19 View Post
    wow this is very interesting im not going to join wont fit in with my routine but definately an exciting way to test yourself to see if you can make it! best of luck to everyone!! and if he can do 100lbs around his waist i wanna see that so make a video bud
    If I get there I will ...but it will be a cell phone vid or equal lol. As for dips I used to do 2 platesx12(100 pounds)at a BW of 235..its just not one of my staples anymore. Here is a guy doing 135 pound dips [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTbz20987dw"]YouTube - 10 PERFECT weighted dips 135 lbs.[/ame] Thought you dippers might enjoy it.

  11. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj9DTlnfs68"]YouTube - Weighted Pull-ups 90lbs.x6[/ame]

    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB85Xrg7di0"]YouTube - Ninja Warrior - Weighted Pull-Ups #2 of 3 = 135 Extra Pounds!!![/nomedia]

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79UTZC4rBnM"]YouTube - Weighted Chins - me + 145[/ame]

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB6qXWWgmBA"]YouTube - 139 Consecutive Pull-ups (Unofficial World Record?)[/ame]

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NU_EhOp8E4"]YouTube - 386 lb Pull-up for 1 rep (BW(200lbs) + 186 lbs)[/ame]


    In the name of motivation.hehe.

  12. I just re-read the rules, I thought the ultimate goal /challenge is to do a 100 pull ups on the 100th day without resting. I know it seems crazy, but I thought that would be more of a challenge than spreading it out throught out the day. I mean, I am sure any of you guys can do a 100 pull ups right now if you spread it out throughout the day. Not trying to stir up anything, just making sure I have a firm grasp on the challenge. What if I arrive at the 100 before the 100th day, or it does not matter?

  13. i'm in....luckily i'm starting on the first day.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by TheLastRonin View Post
    Ohh buddy.. you would like it. When I started to add weight to pull ups my lats grew like a mofo.Its fun to do variations on hand placement and alternating chins as well.
    I'll have to take you up on this... its been a while i did them often but today i got my first 10 in (a little extra credit)

  15. Quote Originally Posted by ABNRanger View Post
    I just re-read the rules, I thought the ultimate goal /challenge is to do a 100 pull ups on the 100th day without resting. I know it seems crazy, but I thought that would be more of a challenge than spreading it out throught out the day. I mean, I am sure any of you guys can do a 100 pull ups right now if you spread it out throughout the day. Not trying to stir up anything, just making sure I have a firm grasp on the challenge. What if I arrive at the 100 before the 100th day, or it does not matter?
    The goal isn't to be able to do 100 consecutive pull-ups. If you can do them consecutive then that's bad ass. I just wanted to make a fun routine to get stronger on pull-ups. I know I can do 100 in sets, but remember towards the end you will be doing a good number of pull ups each day, i.e. in the last 3 days alone you will do 294 pull-ups. Most of us don't do that many in such a short time span. After 100 days you would have done 5050 pull-ups. I'll be switching up grips, styles, and how I number my sets etc. though out. I of course will make it my goal to be able to do all I can consecutively when this is done.

    What do you mean if you arrive at 100 before the 100th day. I'll hit 100 in one day before the 100th day because this is on top of my normal routine.

    I can post a much harder pull-up challenge if you'd like. I've got one saved.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  16. My goal is to do as many as I can consecutive. You right though, that last week is going to be a bitch.

  17. That vid above with the 139 consecutive pull-ups....I don't really believe it.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  18. I was going to say the same thing... looks like the video is edit and running in a loop 139 times... he doesn't look like he can do that many!

  19. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    My goal is to do as many as I can consecutive. You right though, that last week is going to be a bitch.
    that is also MY goal.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    My goal is to do as many as I can consecutive. You right though, that last week is going to be a bitch.
    So, are you going to try to do the most consecutive every time or just follow the program and then on day 100 try to do as many consecutive?

    I'm going to follow the program until day 100 then give my back a good 3-5 days of rest, then I'll hit up my max rep for pull-ups.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  21. did one today felt a little silly, but whatever.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    So, are you going to try to do the most consecutive every time or just follow the program and then on day 100 try to do as many consecutive?
    I'm going to stick to the program ex. Day 1, 1 pull up. Day 2, 2 pull up. etc but when it gets to the higher numbers 30-100, I'm going to do as many as possible in a row, rest, then complete the remainer.

  23. i still have to decide whether to do my 2 before or after chest workout

  24. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    I'm going to stick to the program ex. Day 1, 1 pull up. Day 2, 2 pull up. etc but when it gets to the higher numbers 30-100, I'm going to do as many as possible in a row, rest, then complete the remainer.
    that's my plan too. i'll end up doing sets to failure, and keep repeating till i get to the magic number. i mean, its a complete waste doing 100 sets of 1 rep spread over a 24 hour period.

  25. i think the objective is to do as many as you can consecutively till you reach the target for that day, you'll eventually build up more strength as you go along! if you can finish 100 consecutively more power to ya!

  26. Quote Originally Posted by DormantFiber View Post
    i think the objective is to do as many as you can consecutively till you reach the target for that day, you'll eventually build up more strength as you go along! if you can finish 100 consecutively more power to ya!
    that's the only way it makes sense to me too.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    i still have to decide whether to do my 2 before or after chest workout
    Before..part of your overall warm up.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  28. Quote Originally Posted by DormantFiber View Post
    i think the objective is to do as many as you can consecutively till you reach the target for that day, you'll eventually build up more strength as you go along! if you can finish 100 consecutively more power to ya!
    I believe variety will be the most beneficial overall in the end. IMO. All my pull-ups will be done at one time, they may be sets, but it won't be 1 an hour over 24hrs.

    I'm curious as to how reps to failure each day works out so keep us posted.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  29. In. Just did my first pull up. Then I did 15 more... It's ok, those were just for fun. I'll be regretting trying that again at about day 20... haha!

    This is gonna be a blast!
    ...GMG760 Version 2.0 ... Back from the dead.

  30. BTW, that 139 rep video is complete b.s.

    Either it is a loop or his feet can touch the floor... IMO it could very easily be both. That guy looks like he could do about 10 pull ups, and his legs look pretty damn straight, which IMO makes pull ups a lot harder to not swing/keep the body level. Plus his arms go to the EXACT same spot each time, and he didn't even fully extend his lats... there is no way he stopped the muscle contraction at the same place EVERY time. His breathing is ridiculously similar too.

    I've bore witness to guys coming out of boot camp doing about 45 bodyweight pull ups, but I can't recall anyone I have ever seen even hitting 50, and this guy is not in post boot camp shape.
    ...GMG760 Version 2.0 ... Back from the dead.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 121
    Last Post: 10-09-2011, 10:30 AM
  2. Ok just got my order in...starting monday
    By East1600Plus in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-06-2007, 07:49 AM
  3. starting monday
    By texas in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-22-2005, 01:40 PM
  4. Starting T 1 Pro on Monday
    By Rolling6s in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-23-2003, 05:46 PM
  5. Starting Monday, need a little help
    By babygetoboy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:56 PM
Log in
Log in