100 Day Pull-up Challenge!!! Join Me Starting Monday March 9th - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

100 Day Pull-up Challenge!!! Join Me Starting Monday March 9th

Page 2 of 13 First 12347 ... Last
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj9DTlnfs68"]YouTube - Weighted Pull-ups 90lbs.x6[/ame]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB85Xrg7di0"]YouTube - Ninja Warrior - Weighted Pull-Ups #2 of 3 = 135 Extra Pounds!!![/nomedia]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79UTZC4rBnM"]YouTube - Weighted Chins - me + 145[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB6qXWWgmBA"]YouTube - 139 Consecutive Pull-ups (Unofficial World Record?)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NU_EhOp8E4"]YouTube - 386 lb Pull-up for 1 rep (BW(200lbs) + 186 lbs)[/ame]

In the name of motivation.hehe.

Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

I just re-read the rules, I thought the ultimate goal /challenge is to do a 100 pull ups on the 100th day without resting. I know it seems crazy, but I thought that would be more of a challenge than spreading it out throught out the day. I mean, I am sure any of you guys can do a 100 pull ups right now if you spread it out throughout the day. Not trying to stir up anything, just making sure I have a firm grasp on the challenge. What if I arrive at the 100 before the 100th day, or it does not matter?
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.

i'm in....luckily i'm starting on the first day.
    •   

Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastRonin View Post
    Ohh buddy.. you would like it. When I started to add weight to pull ups my lats grew like a mofo.Its fun to do variations on hand placement and alternating chins as well.
    I'll have to take you up on this... its been a while i did them often but today i got my first 10 in (a little extra credit)
    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    If you are not on the PES Insider list you are not cool. Uncool people don't deserve free Alphamine.
    PES product educator, PM me with any questions!
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by ABNRanger View Post
    I just re-read the rules, I thought the ultimate goal /challenge is to do a 100 pull ups on the 100th day without resting. I know it seems crazy, but I thought that would be more of a challenge than spreading it out throught out the day. I mean, I am sure any of you guys can do a 100 pull ups right now if you spread it out throughout the day. Not trying to stir up anything, just making sure I have a firm grasp on the challenge. What if I arrive at the 100 before the 100th day, or it does not matter?
    The goal isn't to be able to do 100 consecutive pull-ups. If you can do them consecutive then that's bad ass. I just wanted to make a fun routine to get stronger on pull-ups. I know I can do 100 in sets, but remember towards the end you will be doing a good number of pull ups each day, i.e. in the last 3 days alone you will do 294 pull-ups. Most of us don't do that many in such a short time span. After 100 days you would have done 5050 pull-ups. I'll be switching up grips, styles, and how I number my sets etc. though out. I of course will make it my goal to be able to do all I can consecutively when this is done.

What do you mean if you arrive at 100 before the 100th day. I'll hit 100 in one day before the 100th day because this is on top of my normal routine.

I can post a much harder pull-up challenge if you'd like. I've got one saved.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

My goal is to do as many as I can consecutive. You right though, that last week is going to be a bitch.
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

That vid above with the 139 consecutive pull-ups....I don't really believe it.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

I was going to say the same thing... looks like the video is edit and running in a loop 139 times... he doesn't look like he can do that many!
    If you are not on the PES Insider list you are not cool. Uncool people don't deserve free Alphamine.
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    My goal is to do as many as I can consecutive. You right though, that last week is going to be a bitch.
    that is also MY goal.
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

So, are you going to try to do the most consecutive every time or just follow the program and then on day 100 try to do as many consecutive?

I'm going to follow the program until day 100 then give my back a good 3-5 days of rest, then I'll hit up my max rep for pull-ups.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.

did one today felt a little silly, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    So, are you going to try to do the most consecutive every time or just follow the program and then on day 100 try to do as many consecutive?
    I'm going to stick to the program ex. Day 1, 1 pull up. Day 2, 2 pull up. etc but when it gets to the higher numbers 30-100, I'm going to do as many as possible in a row, rest, then complete the remainer.
  13. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

i still have to decide whether to do my 2 before or after chest workout
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.

I'm going to stick to the program ex. Day 1, 1 pull up. Day 2, 2 pull up. etc but when it gets to the higher numbers 30-100, I'm going to do as many as possible in a row, rest, then complete the remainer.
    that's my plan too. i'll end up doing sets to failure, and keep repeating till i get to the magic number. i mean, its a complete waste doing 100 sets of 1 rep spread over a 24 hour period.
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

i think the objective is to do as many as you can consecutively till you reach the target for that day, you'll eventually build up more strength as you go along! if you can finish 100 consecutively more power to ya!
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DormantFiber View Post
    i think the objective is to do as many as you can consecutively till you reach the target for that day, you'll eventually build up more strength as you go along! if you can finish 100 consecutively more power to ya!
    that's the only way it makes sense to me too.
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    i still have to decide whether to do my 2 before or after chest workout
    Before..part of your overall warm up.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DormantFiber View Post
    I believe variety will be the most beneficial overall in the end. IMO. All my pull-ups will be done at one time, they may be sets, but it won't be 1 an hour over 24hrs.

I'm curious as to how reps to failure each day works out so keep us posted.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.

In. Just did my first pull up. Then I did 15 more... It's ok, those were just for fun. I'll be regretting trying that again at about day 20... haha!

This is gonna be a blast!
    ...GMG760 Version 2.0 ... Back from the dead.
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.

BTW, that 139 rep video is complete b.s.

Either it is a loop or his feet can touch the floor... IMO it could very easily be both. That guy looks like he could do about 10 pull ups, and his legs look pretty damn straight, which IMO makes pull ups a lot harder to not swing/keep the body level. Plus his arms go to the EXACT same spot each time, and he didn't even fully extend his lats... there is no way he stopped the muscle contraction at the same place EVERY time. His breathing is ridiculously similar too.

I've bore witness to guys coming out of boot camp doing about 45 bodyweight pull ups, but I can't recall anyone I have ever seen even hitting 50, and this guy is not in post boot camp shape.
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by GMG760 View Post

Either it is a loop or his feet can touch the floor... IMO it could very easily be both. That guy looks like he could do about 10 pull ups, and his legs look pretty damn straight, which IMO makes pull ups a lot harder to not swing/keep the body level. Plus his arms go to the EXACT same spot each time, and he didn't even fully extend his lats... there is no way he stopped the muscle contraction at the same place EVERY time. His breathing is ridiculously similar too.

I've bore witness to guys coming out of boot camp doing about 45 bodyweight pull ups, but I can't recall anyone I have ever seen even hitting 50, and this guy is not in post boot camp shape.
    I just moved from SD to DC in Oct. You in the military? What branch?
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.

i'm betting trampoline, based on how quickly he gets his head up to the bar.
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.

Well It probably is B.S. but its up there for motivation.Even if its B.S. anger. Of course there is a crackhead in downtown Vancouver, Canada, who is about his size who will rep out 100 1 hand push-ups for 5 bucks(probably 4 with the economy now haha). I have personally witnessed this with my own eyes. Full reps too.So who knows for sure. If you have ever watched a pull-up competiton on ESPN ot TSN, there are guys putting up close to 100 reps...@ a higher BW than that scrawny bastard is though lol. Not much for legs though.
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.

I just moved from SD to DC in Oct. You in the military? What branch?
    Actually no, I am not military, but most of my family is... probably what kept me from joining up actually, I wanted to rebel at 18, not conform. Now I think it would have been a great decision, but I'm too far along in my life/age. Being so close to camp penalton I'd say about a good half of my close friends all are, and I have witnessed a lot of them make some serious changes from going into and out of boot camp. It probably would have done me a lot of good at 18... probably would have gotten my head screwed on straight a lot faster than my own successes/failures have.
  25. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

2!.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.

Dos.
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Last summer, on back days, I started 100 pullups/day. Started with about 10 reps, then 9, then 8 until you hit 100 that day. Took awhile, but a great back workout. My elbows are still sore(tendonitis)!
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Fine, count me in. I'll do 3 today (1 for yesterday, and 2 for today). I have a bar in my doorway.

I'm in a weird mood for change. I was so pleased with myself when I did 50 full bodyweight dips on the parallel dip bars a few days ago for my bday. I couldn't lock out the 50th one, and I'm sure my form for the last 10 was sloppy, but I didn't quit until I got 50, so I'm counting it, lol.

A few summers ago I'd walk/bike to the park regularly, and whenever I passed the swingset (and nobody was around), I'd do chinups, and usually do 20 on the first swingset, walk over to the 2nd and do 10. Now granted, the swing bar was VERY thick, so I gripped with both my hand and wrist, which meant I wasn't going down nearly as far as I would with a chinup bar. I'm probably at the 10-12 rep range on the bar right now, lol.

As weird as it sounds, I'm just hoping my shoulder holds up, as I can't do certain chin grips or it tweaks my shoulder.
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunder View Post
    Fine, count me in. I'll do 3 today (1 for yesterday, and 2 for today). I have a bar in my doorway.

I'm in a weird mood for change. I was so pleased with myself when I did 50 full bodyweight dips on the parallel dip bars a few days ago for my bday. I couldn't lock out the 50th one, and I'm sure my form for the last 10 was sloppy, but I didn't quit until I got 50, so I'm counting it, lol.

Dude your ripped if thats you in the picture you should be able to do 100. I can do 50+ for sets but thats just my fav thing to do in the gym. Lets me and you do the Dip and Pull up Challenge!!! I'll post a vid when I do 100 in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastRonin View Post
    Ohh buddy.. you would like it. When I started to add weight to pull ups my lats grew like a mofo.Its fun to do variations on hand placement and alternating chins as well.
    I need to buy the belt to hold plates on me while I do them. I'ma go to big 5 today and try and get one, if I do I'll post a vid of me knocking the pull ups out.

Did 30 pull ups last night
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    www.appliednutriceuticals.com

FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Applie...ls/64122223218
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

two!
  31. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I guess I may as well ask now, when we get into the higher numbers, do they all have to be continuous? I know that resting as necessary between is ok, but when we're in that higher number range do I more or less have to plant myself in front of the pullup bar and not leave till all 100 are done?
    This space for rent

Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsaRoid? View Post
    Dude your ripped if thats you in the picture you should be able to do 100. I can do 50+ for sets but thats just my fav thing to do in the gym. Lets me and you do the Dip and Pull up Challenge!!! I'll post a vid when I do 100 in a row.
    Thanks - yeah, that's me either last summer or the summer before that, most likely after mowing the lawn or something. I use one of those non-motor push enviro friendly lawnmowers. I tended to take more pics of myself after doing yardwork when I felt all energetic and sweaty, lol. I don't have the same rush shoveling snow in winter, lol. I think the pic also looks better all shrunken to the avatar size - it thickened the shadows or something, lol. I'd be more than ecstatic if I could ever do 30 pullups in a row.

Your delts and back look nicely defined - it shows that you can do 30 pullups like you did last night.

I'd definitely have an easier time doing dips than pullups. Just like when it comes to beautiful woman, I seem to excel at the pushing away part but not the pulling in, lol.
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsaRoid? View Post

I need to buy the belt to hold plates on me while I do them.
    Did 30 pull ups last night

I just wear a slighty loose weight belt and tie a rope around the belt-->through the holes and end in a half hitch. ..I don't own a specific dip/pullup belt lol. I'm all for buying toys though, I know you will enjoy adding weight to your exercises, enjoy your purchase.
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

In for this, looks like I got some make up to do now...
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I guess I may as well ask now, when we get into the higher numbers, do they all have to be continuous? I know that resting as necessary between is ok, but when we're in that higher number range do I more or less have to plant myself in front of the pullup bar and not leave till all 100 are done?
    You can break it up any which way you want, 20 in the am, 20 at noon, and 20 in the pm, whatever. It's all in the rules posted in the 1st post. You just have to get them done that day. You can use any method of pull-up as well as long as you get a full range of motion. IMO, variety is key, mix it up.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Oh yeah, got my 2 for today plus the ones I'll be doing during my reg workout in 20 min.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.

2! man, dese are getting hard. i need some of dat dere cell tech.
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    2! man, dese are getting hard. i need some of dat dere cell tech.
    And you better grab some of dat dem dere nitro tech. if you don't you can't get dat dem dere positive nitrogen balance going and can't get bigs.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.

And you better grab some of dat dem dere nitro tech. if you don't you can't get dat dem dere positive nitrogen balance going and can't get bigs.
    nah bro. i use dat dere cell tech hardcore! not da normal stuff for dem lightweights!
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    nah bro. i use dat dere cell tech hardcore! not da normal stuff for dem lightweights!
    I heers dat stuff ain't even legals.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 121
    Last Post: 10-09-2011, 09:30 AM
  2. Ok just got my order in...starting monday
    By East1600Plus in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-06-2007, 06:49 AM
  3. starting monday