100 Day Pull-up Challenge!!! Join Me Starting Monday March 9th

Page 12 of 21 First ... 1011121314 ... Last

1. did mine....

honestly........... i dunno how its gonna be as thing goes on. When we get past, say 40, i dont see many people making it. Im not doubting anybody's strength/drive but its just a matter of recovery. I got some marines in my shop that i have do pullups everyday, and it comes to a point where you gotta have a break......I dunno. I can see being sore from doing 80 pullups one day..... and being like " ffffuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hkkkkkkkkkk...... i gotta do 81 today?!"
    Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. -Rippetoe

2. Quote Originally Posted by thaOrleanyte View Post
    did mine....

honestly........... i dunno how its gonna be as thing goes on. When we get past, say 40, i dont see many people making it. Im not doubting anybody's strength/drive but its just a matter of recovery. I got some marines in my shop that i have do pullups everyday, and it comes to a point where you gotta have a break......I dunno. I can see being sore from doing 80 pullups one day..... and being like " ffffuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hkkkkkkkkkk...... i gotta do 81 today?!"
    that's going to be an issue. hell, when i come off cycle in 10 days, 28 will be an issue.
    •   

3. I'm going to try to stick with this until the end but if it interferes with my main lifting too much I'm going to have to drop it. Can't kill my progress for 3 months. So far so good though. I like doing sets of 5-6 to keep the CNS fatigue to a minimum.

4. Quote Originally Posted by thaOrleanyte View Post
    did mine....

Day 50-100 will really suck. The thing I'm more worried about is getting a huge manly lat spread! So the only reason I may stop in the future is if my biceps and back can't fit into my clothes anymore!

5. Quote Originally Posted by littlejeni View Post
    Day 50-100 will really suck. The thing I'm more worried about is getting a huge manly lat spread! So the only reason I may stop in the future is if my biceps and back can't fit into my clothes anymore!
    Unless your on steroids, theres no such thing as a women with too much muscle, I'll bet your significant other would agree. As I'm sure your well aware, women dont get obscenely muscular without the use of 'extra' help.

But I do wonder about the actual ability of our bodys to continue to knock out that many pullups a day, I'm basically sore 24/7 and were only on 19.
    •   

6. Bah humbug to all this negative talk

However, this what I was referring to when I was stating in the beginning of the thread that I'm not going to try and do as many consecutive the whole way through. Some days I max out consecutive, some I break up in sets of 3 etc and spread them out through out the day, as well as switch up methods from dead hangs to kipping, to chin ups to neutral grips and so forth. I think complete variety is the key to good progression and to keep from burning out. About 3-8 days after the challenge is when I plan on getting back on the bar and finding out what my true max consecutive pull ups are.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

7. Can anyone do one handed push ups yet? I tend to only be able to do them when I see others do it. I like to show off
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    www.appliednutriceuticals.com

FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Applie...ls/64122223218

8. Quote Originally Posted by WhatsaRoid? View Post
    Can anyone do one handed push ups yet? I tend to only be able to do them when I see others do it. I like to show off
    Yeah, with feet spread. Do you mean pull up? I can only do a one handed pullup cheating (using the other hand to pull up holding to my wrist). It's an easy way to win a bet..."Bet you $5 I can do a one-handed pullup."

9. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    Unless your on steroids, theres no such thing as a women with too much muscle, I'll bet your significant other would agree. As I'm sure your well aware, women dont get obscenely muscular without the use of 'extra' help.

But I do wonder about the actual ability of our bodys to continue to knock out that many pullups a day, I'm basically sore 24/7 and were only on 19.
    I know, I know. I'll be fine, if anything because I'm cutting too I'll lose weight but have an unbelievable back for my summer tops and bikini! Yay for me

10. Not me
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market

11. Quote Originally Posted by littlejeni View Post
    Yeah, with feet spread. Do you mean pull up? I can only do a one handed pullup cheating (using the other hand to pull up holding to my wrist). It's an easy way to win a bet..."Bet you $5 I can do a one-handed pullup."
    Me too
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market

12. Just got 19, 15 straight then 4 slow & wide as I can grip ones. FEEL THE BURN!

13. Quote Originally Posted by jdg487 View Post
    Just got 19, 15 straight then 4 slow & wide as I can grip ones. FEEL THE BURN!
    Nice, I can do 30 straight now I hope by the end of this I can do 50

FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:

14. 19 in, still doing close grip chins. I'll start alternating grips as soon as I can't do them consecutive. 20 is my PR, so I don't want to jinx anything by changing things up.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Sunder View Post
    19 in, still doing close grip chins. I'll start alternating grips as soon as I can't do them consecutive. 20 is my PR, so I don't want to jinx anything by changing things up.
    Damn your ripped...Well I'm off to spin class and more pull ups

FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:

16. Fell off the wagon yesterday but hit 37 today. In it to win it!
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

17. Quote Originally Posted by WhatsaRoid? View Post
    Damn your ripped...Well I'm off to spin class and more pull ups
    Ha, I like it, the pull up or shut up challenge
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market

18. Knocked my 20 out, I paused at the bottom and top.

FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:

19. Did mine at the kids park again, but could only do sets of 2-3 because it's raining and the bar is too slick to hold on to.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market

20. 7, 6, 7, booyah-chaka
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

21. Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    7, 6, 7, booyah-chaka
    Hahaha I'ma start saying that all weekend now

FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:

22. Quote Originally Posted by WhatsaRoid? View Post
    Hahaha I'ma start saying that all weekend now
    Everyone will be like 7-6-7? WTF is that?
    WHITE WHALE!

23. Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    Everyone will be like 7-6-7? WTF is that?
    LMFAO no the "booyah-chaka"

FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:

24. Quote Originally Posted by WhatsaRoid? View Post
    LMFAO no the "booyah-chaka"
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market

25. It was lucky 7's today. 7, 7, 7.
    Where's everyone else?
    WHITE WHALE!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 275
    Last Post: 02-10-2012, 11:11 AM
  2. Replies: 121
    Last Post: 10-09-2011, 10:30 AM
  3. Join me wishing Liftergym33 a Happy B-Day!!!
    By Delta Force in forum General Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-18-2011, 12:34 AM
  4. Join me wishing DormatFiber a Happy B-Day!!!
    By Delta Force in forum General Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 03:04 PM
  5. Lats and wide grip pull-ups (bigger in 4 days?)
    By Jim Mills in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-17-2006, 09:06 AM