100 Day Pull-up Challenge!!! Join Me Starting Monday March 9th

Page 11 of 21 First ... 910111213 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by FlawedGrunt View Post
    So its a burpee without kicking your legs out and back in?
    and without the push up.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222


  2. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    and without the push up.
    you do a pushup in a burpee? Isnt that a 8 count bodybuilder then?

    Ok too much confusion... here is how I have always been told a burpee was performed

    squat down hands on ground, kick legs straight back, bring legs back to beneath you to squatting position, explode straight up into a jump... repeat

    and I was always told a 8 count was the same thing but with a pushup after you kick your legs out and no jump at the end...
    •   
       


  3. I'm down with the burpees and next year lets go to 200 just for the hell of it!!!!

    I'm off to do another 5 sets of ten
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    www.appliednutriceuticals.com

    FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Applie...ls/64122223218

  4. away to get in my 33 for the day!
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”

  5. so done 8,8,6,6,3,3. thats one extra just to make sure! Felt A LOT easier to do today!
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
    •   
       


  6. I'm sticking with this shit, i have a feeling I'm going to be doing pullups for like 2 hrs in a couple weeks

  7. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    Only 75 days to go. Haven't heard from a few already. Any guesses as to how many will actually finish?
    I'm still in and I'll get pics up of some places I did pulls at over the drive to and from Cali. Had to wait 10 minutes for a group of like 7 kids and their parents to leave a playground one time. I probably looked like a predator waiting for a kid or something.

    Quote Originally Posted by FlawedGrunt View Post
    some people do burpees with a jump at the end of each rep from the squatting postion... thats how i like to do them
    Thats how I do it, explode as high as possible. None of this stand up or just barely jump off the ground. That makes it way harder. The jump part takes it out of me but I always strive for max vertical when I do them.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by FlawedGrunt View Post
    you do a pushup in a burpee? Isnt that a 8 count bodybuilder then?

    Ok too much confusion... here is how I have always been told a burpee was performed

    squat down hands on ground, kick legs straight back, bring legs back to beneath you to squatting position, explode straight up into a jump... repeat

    and I was always told a 8 count was the same thing but with a pushup after you kick your legs out and no jump at the end...
    hahaha.. no... its like a squat jump and when you in the air you make a star shape. almost like a snow angel but in the air

  9. Quote Originally Posted by FlawedGrunt View Post
    you do a pushup in a burpee? Isnt that a 8 count bodybuilder then?

    Ok too much confusion... here is how I have always been told a burpee was performed

    squat down hands on ground, kick legs straight back, bring legs back to beneath you to squatting position, explode straight up into a jump... repeat

    and I was always told a 8 count was the same thing but with a pushup after you kick your legs out and no jump at the end...
    I HATE 8 counts! Worthless, bad on the spine, and I always get confused...legs split then push up or push up then split legs...haha

    Burpee is like you said, squat-kick legs out-then push-up-squat-jump-brings hands together over head.

    Here is a video demonstration, follow link

    http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFit_Burpees.wmv
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  10. Did "Fran" today...

    Time: 7 min. 36 sec.

    (Fran is sexy, but she always manages to hurt me and this time I just didn't perform like I should have. I promise, I'll nail her hard next time.)

    21, 15, 9

    95# Thrusters
    Pul-ups

    So, I got mine today, plus some.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  11. Fran? Is that crossfit?

  12. Quote Originally Posted by wearedbleedblue View Post
    Fran? Is that crossfit?
    Yeah it's crossfit.

    3 rounds
    1st round 21 reps of 95# thrusters, 21 pull ups
    2nd round 15 reps of 95# thrusters, 15 pull ups
    3rd round 9 reps of 95# thrusters, 9 pull ups

    Done for time.

    Here are some links to videos of it

    Fran 1:53, Jason Kaplan - http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/C...bdo153Fran.wmv

    Heavy Fran, Greg Amundson - http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/C...nHeavyFran.wmv

    Fran, Greg and Annie - http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/fran-greg_annie.wmv
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  13. Here you guys go:

    [IMG]http://anabolicminds.com/forum/picture.php?album****83&picture ****276[/IMG][IMG]http://anabolicminds.com/forum/picture.php?album****83&picture ****277[/IMG]

    [IMG]http://anabolicminds.com/forum/picture.php?album****83&picture ****279[/IMG][IMG]http://anabolicminds.com/forum/picture.php?album****83&picture ****278[/IMG]

    Hopefully that worked out for everyone alright.

  14. hahahahaha awesome bro!

  15. Quote Originally Posted by wearedbleedblue View Post
    Here you guys go:

    [IMG]http://anabolicminds.com/forum/picture.php?album****83&picture ****276[/IMG][IMG]http://anabolicminds.com/forum/picture.php?album****83&picture ****277[/IMG]

    [IMG]http://anabolicminds.com/forum/picture.php?album****83&picture ****279[/IMG][IMG]http://anabolicminds.com/forum/picture.php?album****83&picture ****278[/IMG]

    Hopefully that worked out for everyone alright.
    I'm going to guess that the top left is wyoming? What about the rest?
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  16. Okay CopyCat I'm in (late, but in none the less)...153 pullups DONE. On to day 18. Not to be on the defensive, but I did 153 full-out pullups close grip...my husband, BigFish80 will vouch for me. Representing the girls till day 100!

  17. Quote Originally Posted by littlejeni View Post
    Okay CopyCat I'm in (late, but in none the less)...153 pullups DONE. On to day 18. Not to be on the defensive, but I did 153 full-out pullups close grip...my husband, BigFish80 will vouch for me. Representing the girls till day 100!
    WOLFPACK!!!

    Got my 17 in today, plus 1 for good measure.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

  18. Damn straight!

  19. Quote Originally Posted by littlejeni View Post
    Okay CopyCat I'm in (late, but in none the less)...153 pullups DONE. On to day 18. Not to be on the defensive, but I did 153 full-out pullups close grip...my husband, BigFish80 will vouch for me. Representing the girls till day 100!
    That's some damn motivating stuff right there, I tell ya!

    I'm adding your name to the list of challenger's in the 1st post.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  20. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    That's some damn motivating stuff right there, I tell ya!

    I'm adding your name to the list of challenger's in the 1st post.
    I didn't know there was a list of challengers. I also didn't know that I'm not on it.

    So do you have a regular workout log going on CC?
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

  21. Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    I didn't know there was a list of challengers. I also didn't know that I'm not on it.

    So do you have a regular workout log going on CC?
    My bad, I thought I did add your name. I made the list half way through this thread and must have missed ya. I'll go back and find out when you joined. I'm sort of trying to keep the list in numerical order (I don't know why, just am).

    No training log right now, I'm too disorganized and sometimes lazy to. I'm tracking my pull ups, follow the WOD from crossfit.com sometimes and weight fu8k.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  22. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    I'm going to guess that the top left is wyoming? What about the rest?
    The one to the right was Nevada and the other two were at some little park in Santa Clara, CA.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by littlejeni View Post
    Okay CopyCat I'm in (late, but in none the less)...153 pullups DONE. On to day 18. Not to be on the defensive, but I did 153 full-out pullups close grip...my husband, BigFish80 will vouch for me. Representing the girls till day 100!
    They dont make em like you anymore

    Quote Originally Posted by wearedbleedblue View Post
    The one to the right was Nevada and the other two were at some little park in Santa Clara, CA.
    Hey your close to me

    Just did 20 on my lunch break
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    www.appliednutriceuticals.com

    FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Applie...ls/64122223218

  24. on wednesday i was playing catch up so i got the 33 in, done them easy at the start of my workout.

    Today i got my 17 in. it was a real struggle! i forgot to do them at the start of my workout so it was half way into my workout before i got them done, took me ages lol. sets of 3
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”

  25. 2 sets of 9 for a total of 18 today.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 275
    Last Post: 02-10-2012, 11:11 AM
  2. Replies: 121
    Last Post: 10-09-2011, 10:30 AM
  3. Join me wishing Liftergym33 a Happy B-Day!!!
    By Delta Force in forum General Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-18-2011, 12:34 AM
  4. Join me wishing DormatFiber a Happy B-Day!!!
    By Delta Force in forum General Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 03:04 PM
  5. Lats and wide grip pull-ups (bigger in 4 days?)
    By Jim Mills in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-17-2006, 09:06 AM
Log in
Log in