10x25 left
    10x25 right
    10x45
    10x25
    3x70
    1x70

sdl
    10x135
    2x225 (moved off of podium, dont like this thing)
    2x225
    5x245

weighted crunch
    2x20x30
    10x30
    20x20
    10x50

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%

tomorrow is a rest day, hopefully i can recover from the time switch also. for some reason it has me really messed up, maybe it was the patron friday *shrug* feelin pretty good the 245 sdl are coming a lot easier, that's one reason i didnt want to mess around with the 225s so much. 135 is a good warm up. work is complete yarrrrrrr lately!
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.23%

Hey brotha how is everything comin along?
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%

today is my rest day, and i'm actually pretty pissed about it. i feel like ive been grounded or something. cant wait for tomorrow :P
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%

ended up with an unplanned rest day on thursday, but it allowed me to switch from PM gym to AM and went in this morning for leg day. I'll pick up shoulders tomorrow at my local gym, and be all rested up by monday morning where the intensity gets kicked the **** up!

leg press
    10x208
    8x298
    8x388
    2x478, my left knee was bothering me on the outside. everything else felt ****ing great so i know i have a lot more in me. bumped fishoil to 9g/day from 6 yesterday. we'll see what this does.
    10x298 (felt really good and got one hell of a burn in this set)

im almost wondering if my 478 pain is because the muscle around my left knee is not ready yet. i'll keep it easy and stay off the 478 for at least a week maybe more.

leg curl
    10x25
    10x35
    10x25
    10x25
    10x25

this weight has felt pretty good, im starting to finally notice something going on the back of my legs. cant wait to kick this up

calf raise
    again with the galileo machine and numbered plates..
    10x5
    2x10x4
    10x3
    10x2

im going to start these at 3 and depending on how it feels yank the reps up next week

hack squat
    this is the reason i waited another day, my local gym does not have a hack squat machine and i feel that this is really helping my lower back out

2x10x80
    8x130
    8x170
    5x220
    8x170

weighted crunch
    3x20x30
    10x20
    10x20
    2x10x20
    lower back still bothering me. damn desk job. yarr.

had pretty bad headache today after the first exercise. the no shotgun was dosed probably too close to workout time because that made me feel like crap almost the entire time and made it hard to eat up until about 2pm. it could just be that particular flavor though, it reminds me of a time i was sick as a kid throwing up mac and cheese. i have another kind at work i've been taking that i love, but i also dose that a lot further out when i hit this particular gym.

im going to see if there's anything different i have to do with timing due to switching to a closer gym in the morning. everything feels pretty much on point, just a few oddball issues here and there.

i like this place because they put the starting weight on the machines. so instead of thinking im leg pressing 360 i know it's 478.

prepping the log for shoulders tomorrow and probably going to take it really easy this weekend except for moving some stuff around the house.

tgif!
  6. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.99%

Hey bro, your stats are looking good man. Keep up the good work. You mean you dont like Mac N Cheese? oh come on!! It's some good stuff especially when I was broke in college.

Get some rest for Monday bro. We have a great task in front of us. I am stoked!
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.21%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Too much math man...

I'd just keep track of the plates on the leg press. Even if the sled weights 100 some odd pounds - you're still laying on your back.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%

just wanted to report that ive been having pretty badass dreams lately- like when taking powerfull except I havent had any PF in a long time. i think im actually doing something right in triggering gh! also, my AM weight has gone up 2 lbs to 174 since about 2 weeks ago.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%

picked up some glucosomine / chondroitin today, we'll see how it helps the joints out as well. i can always crack my wrists just by turning them from side to side, if this makes that stop i'll be pretty damn happy
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%

still really beat from last week, ive been taking 3 hour naps when i get home from work and still sleeping 8 hours after that. i still eat as much as i can and try to hit 3000+ cal/day. i dont measure like i used to, i just eat basically 24x7 when im not sleeping or at the gym.

i switched up to doing stronglift 5x5 routine this monday, and it has me in the gym mon/wed/fri doing much less than i'd like to be. however the program has been proven to increase strength, and that's what i'd like to continue to focus on. especially because after monday, my weaknesses are made very apparent to me in terms of back strength, forearm, etc. the inverted row taught me that, and those reverse crunches were much more brutal than 100 reps on the weighted ab crunch machine.

what i dont like is the weights they want me to start out with, so the first week or 2 will be finding the right starting weight imo. im sure there's formulas and a bunch of other crap but it's likely based on something i also don't know yet.

squat
    5x5x45
    im going to bump this up to 95 tomorrow

bench
    5x5x45
    going to bump this up to 95 also (fri)
    threw in a set of 5x95 and 5x135

inverted row
    3xFail
    based on the technical requirements, i only achieved one of these, chest to bar
    tried 12/10/7

pushup
    3xFail
    25/15/13
    i failed to fail because my dumb ass was worried about getting to work on time

reverse crunch, holding 44 lb counterweight
    12/12/12

im going to take a little more time between sets and try to bump the weight up even more so that i can begin progressing at the 2.5lb per workout as the program outlines. after running this about 8 weeks i'll go back to just doing what i was doing and enjoying. hypertrophy is damn addicting!
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%

today was the 5x5 workout B

squat
    5x5x95
    going to keep this weight and progress from here according to the program guidelines. felt really good, and i should be up to 270 in no time

overhead press
    5x5x45
    this is my first time doing this with a barbell and i put it back so far like the youtube vids i almost fell backwards on my ass. going to try 65 next time

deadlift
    5x225
    this is a good number for me, going to stick with this and adjust according to the program guidelines

pullups
    3xfail
    sadly, these are really hard again for some reason. going back to putting the pullup bar in my doorway at work
    4/4/4

prone bridges
    3x30 seconds
    um yeah!

back to eating!
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%

good morning, today is monday and i woke up feeling like complete ****. moving gym to this evening. rain or shine, vomiting or not, im going in. it's only 45 minutes and will probably do me some good. i can definitely feel my arms catching up and soon my back/shoulders. i meant to get a weight reading when i woke up but just getting in to work was enough. i wish i would have realized back in the day that getting big wasnt about lifting weights but eating. and dont get me wrong i love eating, but god damn.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%

goals for end of summer:
    5x5x225 squat
    5x5x185 bench
    5x315 deadlift

2x185 squat is about my limit right now, with 135 being my present working weight
    5x5x115 is what im using on the bench to improve my form. it takes about that entire exercise to even feel warmed up, i hate my shoulders they are pieces of ****. 5x135 is pretty easy after that, probably have some more in me.

pulled 5x245 dead on wednesday and it was extremely easy, however i still felt my form waiver slightly so im only going to bump it up to 255 or so next week.

i really feel my lower back doing squats, and it doesnt hurt, it's like a pump and it feels awesome. very different than how my shoulders feel trying to hold myself together on a bench. yarr.

when is the next talk like a pirate day anyway???
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%

favorite pre workout stim: 200mg caffeine tabs, no silly workout powder/stomach churning ****.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%

finally picked up some chuck taylor's, going to welcome them to the jungle in about 8 hours. nite all!
  16. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%

hey, stop hijacking my thread ****er!

squat
    5x5x165
    i think i need to start warming these up, didnt feel right until about the 4th set. also started trying to come up faster, still controlled. definitely brings the intensity level up. and i can feel it. first set was pretty hard and i was like WTF man, but no probs.

overhead press
    5x5x75
    much improved over last week, didnt hurt one bit. not sure if it's because i already wore the **** out of myself on drums before hand. definitely bumping to 85 next week.

dead
    5x275
    kind of did these in a cramped space, but paid special attention to keeping the back straight, head up, and pulled them off. took a lot of intensity, but did them all without fail. going to shoot for 5x280 next week.

pull up
    10/6/7

prone bridges
    3x30 sec

the nice thing about this stronglifts 5x5 program is i can feel it working my arms a LOT, and a lot more than i ever did with dumb bells or anything else. arms have almost felt constantly pumped (and remember, these are already lethal 13" bad boys). forearms are feeling it as well. since i started doing the inverted rows, it's been easier to focus on correcting posture and im very happy with those results.

i felt like total and complete crap today, but as ive read here- go anyways, you may surprise yourself. glad i went, i would have respected myself less if i didnt.

off to shower/eat/sleep and hopefully feel better soon.

peace
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.21%

Quote Originally Posted by rbuecker View Post
    hey, stop hijacking my thread ****er!

peace
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%

ego+1, was complimented on my shoulders at work today. all them pushups and overhead presses are starting to pay off
  19. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.99%

yes they are! You are beast bro!!
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31%

Hey, i'm a first time poster, and this is actually the first site ive ever joined, but i have a question it sounds like you guys might know about, idk how to start a new thread or topic or whatever if thats how you ask a question but someone let me know. Here is my question- I've been lifting all nat long enough and done enough research to want to start my first PH cycle, however, i want to do one of the most mild ones, with minimal cons, and decent pros in dry gains, so ive been told H-drol, Havoc, or Epistane. Anyway, i want to know which one would be best overall, and if milk thistle through and after and nolva or some good AI would be enough for PCT. I know some guys who did only one product for PCT that was supposed to have it all and it worked fine so i dont want to have to buy three to fice PCT supps if its not necessary ya know. But any feedback would be appreciated.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%

hey bro, welcome to the forum! i'll pm you in just a sec to help out and let you know some of the "watch-out!"s on AM (like posing about PH outside of the ph section )
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  169 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

i wonder if you'll be able to see some "epistane difference" when your through with pct
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%

i think the cycle i ran was more of just to run one, especially being a lightweight. the differences i have learned/made in diet and training over the past year are beyond night and day. i dont see myself running anything again for awhile, there are just too many programs out there to follow like the 5x5, bill starr's variation, or just straight up hypertrophy with splits. and AM is an endless supply of logs and things to try that dont require any ph/ds use at all. i think ive gained more since epi than while on.

training for starters, i was really all into mike mentzers HIT where you have to work the **** out of yourself once a week to get big or risk over training, so i spent the first couple weeks doing that, and finally getting pissed off about not putting in the work/effort that i used to and ran 3 and then 4 day split.

since starting 5x5 ive already beat my deadlift pr's while on epi, was 2x275 and im already aiming for 5x280 next week and i feel that it will take a great amount of effort for me, but will hit it and bump up the following week.

at this stage in the game for me, im pretty sure that if i was running a placebo, i'd have had the same results!
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.21%

ego+1, was complimented on my shoulders at work today. all them pushups and overhead presses are starting to pay off
    Gotta love the shoulder workouts... One of my favorite days.
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%

overdid something last wednesday, been off since then. skipping squats and being very careful with the shoulders this week. my right shoulder is like, jesus... well not really like jesus but DAMNIT anyway. not sure if it's because ive been toying around with glucosamine amounts per day or whatever, but it's been popping LOUD. feels much better today, but still being careful.

this week will be Monday / Thursday / Saturday due to schedule. I'll be up in Philly the rest of the week doing mindless exercises for work (most likely lots of geocaching and visiting the town). Planning for good weather, packing for the worst. Can't wait to get up there for a change of pace.
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%

ok im a lying bastard

squats: went easy on these to make sure i didnt hurt myself further
    5x45
    5x95
    5x135
    5x155
    5x175
    5x195

bench: for some reason that damn shoulder was holding me back from moving forward
    5x5x135

inverted row: better form this week so these numbers mean a lot more to me
    10/9/7

pushups
    40/20/25

reverse crunch: these things are still the devil
    3x12 w/ 40lb counterweight

can't wait to see how this feels in a day or two
  27. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%

are you ready for fall?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.21%

That's a lot of pills my man.
  29. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.42%

holy ****, that is a lot of pills! how much was all that? how you gonna be runnin it?
  30. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%

all in due time my friends

got back from philly late last night, schedule is a bit messed. i'll be hitting my wednesday today (5x5 workout B) and will be hitting A on Sunday. Next week is going to go Tue (AM) Wed (PM) Fri(PM). I work late shift next week but it offsets by so little that I just have to remember to feed the dog/cats a bit sooner when I get in.

moving to the city and working there would probably do me a lot of good, i dont think i've ever walked that much since last time I was up there. good workout dodging cars and people at rush hour!!
  31. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%

finally reached my grip limit on these damn deadlifts. it was very f**** hard to get 5x295, forearms need to wake the hell up and grow

squat: 5x135 warm up, 5x5x185, 1x225 just to taste the future. lower back was feeling the work, cant wait for this to get better!

overhead press: 5x5x85 felt good, im reminded again that shoulders are one of my weak points. i will feel this like a mofo

dead: 5x295. wish i had my straps but left them at home, needed them tonight if i was going to go any heavier.

pull up: 5/5/5
    prone bridges: 3x30 seconds

very good night IMO and looking forward to sunday. tired now, very tired. going to eat and click on the tv and drift into never never land.
  32. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%

getting ready to head out. some things i learned from last week for myself, even a little bit of alcohol seems to kill my progress groove. i havent felt right since last week in philly+last weekend. this is going to be another hardcore party weekend, but i'll probably leave the patron and vodka alone.

since i started actually working on squats and the reverse crunches, ive noticed the beginning of ab transformation so im pretty excited there. a little behind schedule but hell i have a couple months to go so im going to be stepping them up. i know 5x5 has them set at twice a week but im thinking every day or every other day regardless.

picture quality is complete crap, but i need to post something to look back on later.

also happy birthday to my AM membership, just renewed after my first year. here's to another one!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
  33. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%

just noticed i didnt post up sunday's workout.

squat
    3x5x185

i think the lower amounts of glucosamine worked against me, or ive been wearing myself out lately since i became such a lazy bastard after getting out of the army

finished up with 2x5x135

bench
    5x135
    5x5x145

shoulders still hurt here, being careful to not get hurt and build back strength here

inverted row
    11/7/7

pushups
    40/15/15

reverse crunch, 40lb counter
    3x12

cant wait to see how i feel after tonight

im going to keep the 185 squat and make sure i can nail 5x5, keeping the 145 bench to see how i feel in a couple days from it

reverse crunches still hurt like a mother f*cker from middle of 2nd set on. i wish someone would have stressed these to me back in my younger days.
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.21%

Give me some more squat volume man.

Rack that 185 up three sets if you have to. Try to pound out 20 reps.

If you dont feel like puking or sh*tting yourself on leg day - I'd call it a failure.
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  169 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

hows the epistane treating ya?
  36. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%

Quote Originally Posted by buster0371 View Post
    hows the epistane treating ya?
    pct for that ended around feb, im not sure if it was the druggggs or the mental state just from knowing i was taking something, but i did start pushing myself a bit more.

TL: i actually think the 185 is too much for my lower back, or right around the hips. i can get 5x5 but it takes me like 15 minutes to nail them all and im breathing like a son of a bitch and sweating. it's a good time and all but it's mostly due to joint pain too and i dont want to take any backwards steps. i'll take your advice and hit my last set to failure (im trying to maintain the 5x5 program) or 20 reps, whichever comes first. also, backing down to 175 to make sure im only working muscles and not grinding my bones to death. then again, maybe im just being too wussy about it. i'll know in a few weeks though! im still on the glucosamine, i need to add in some super cissus.

i tried capping a few months ago but that's messy as ****, im just going to start dumping the cissus into a shake or two every day and see what happens.

friday im bringing straps and going for that 301 deadlift. that bitch is mine!
  37. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%

normally i dont eat until after the gym, but i had like 50g carbs in corn and some hamburgers and i had the biggest damn pump ever after going through the pushups. im gonna have to consider eating that for awhile! lol

squat
    5x185
    moving back to 175. it's not muscle failure, but hips seem to be stressed the f*** out. once whatever is there gets stronger i'll be able to kill more weight.

bench
    5x135
    keeping that weight until my shoulders act right

inverted row
    12/8/7

pushups
    40/16/9
    been very tired lately, feel flat on my face after that number 9

reverse crunch, 35 lb counter. still brutal
    3x12

im also firing my o'neil large shirt. it wears like a medium and feels tiny. i hate it. i bet it's mislabeled!@#
  38. UKStrength

Quote Originally Posted by Haste09 View Post
    Hey, i'm a first time poster, and this is actually the first site ive ever joined, but i have a question it sounds like you guys might know about, idk how to start a new thread or topic or whatever if thats how you ask a question but someone let me know. Here is my question- I've been lifting all nat long enough and done enough research to want to start my first PH cycle, however, i want to do one of the most mild ones, with minimal cons, and decent pros in dry gains, so ive been told H-drol, Havoc, or Epistane. Anyway, i want to know which one would be best overall, and if milk thistle through and after and nolva or some good AI would be enough for PCT. I know some guys who did only one product for PCT that was supposed to have it all and it worked fine so i dont want to have to buy three to fice PCT supps if its not necessary ya know. But any feedback would be appreciated.
    Cool mate, in future I'd start your own new thread by pressing 'new thread' on the forum you want to post in.

H-drol seems like the best choice for you IMO from what you've posted but I'd read a few more logs on each of those products before you buy anything. Get on the company forums or do a post for 'epistane log' for example, there's tons of information on here if you're willing to look for it.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/

In terms of PCT, I wholeheartedly believe in purchasing SERMS (nolva, clomid etc.) as a precaution, even if you choose to not use them. There's a massive amount of information on post cycle therapy in this forum:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/post-cycle-therapy/

I went with a SERM and cortisol blocker for my last PCT (10-week Testosterone Enanthate cycle), whether you feel you need one for a DS/PH cycle is debateable, I personally wouldn't cycle without one on hand.

They are tried and tested and will certainly prevent most oestrogenic sides from the steroids getting worse when you come off cycle. Obviously they are illegal to purchase without prescription in the US, so be careful.

Before I leave this poor OP to get back to his thread, all I'll say is research MORE than you feel you need, leave NOTHING to chance or you'll regret it.
  39. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%

my buddy charles has me trying Ceylon cinnamon (NOT CASSIA aka grocery store) to help with the joints. it has an antioxidant rating of ~300,000 (q10 is ~4000). now the cassia cinnamon (most common) has this crap called courmarin in it which will destroy your liver (you can guess what this is bad, especially with some of the "supplements" we take here). it also helps with cholesterol, and that's how he came across it.

couple good links: http://www.ceylon-cinnamon.com/Identify-Cinnamon.htm http://www.bfr.bund.de/cd/8487 http://oracvalues.com/spices-cinnamon-ground

where i'll be ordering from
    http://www.druera.com/shopping/produ...67b4a0dddf9e73

looking forward to posting results once i start taking this
  40. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.99%

getting ready to head out. some things i learned from last week for myself, even a little bit of alcohol seems to kill my progress groove. i havent felt right since last week in philly+last weekend. this is going to be another hardcore party weekend, but i'll probably leave the patron and vodka alone.

since i started actually working on squats and the reverse crunches, ive noticed the beginning of ab transformation so im pretty excited there. a little behind schedule but hell i have a couple months to go so im going to be stepping them up. i know 5x5 has them set at twice a week but im thinking every day or every other day regardless.

picture quality is complete crap, but i need to post something to look back on later.

also happy birthday to my AM membership, just renewed after my first year. here's to another one!

Sup bro! Great progress brol. Looking good. Keep up the good work man. You will soon be a beast.

Similar Forum Threads

1. How Much Do You Train During a Run?
    By specmike in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-30-2011, 07:01 PM
  2. is it really that bad to train every day?
    By mkretz in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-04-2011, 02:48 PM
  3. DID I DC TRAIN RIGHT?
    By greekgeorge in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-10-2010, 10:54 PM
  4. Did I miss the Epistane train?Help a noob out!
    By Gicantor in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 09:13 PM
  5. How To Train Yourself
    By iron addict in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 09-05-2003, 05:19 PM