Derailing the Epistane Train

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
Alrighty I've been off PCT long enough to stop posting in that other thread.
As of this writing I'm 173.8 @ 11.4% (believe that or not, I promise I'm not accurate with the calipers;)) However, even though I am inaccurate the number now is less than when I measured back in December so that's good news in my book.

I'm running this for the next few months and posting up whatever here:
Whey, Casein
Fish Oil
Multi
PSlin
NeoVar Recomp
NO Shotgun

I plan to run a 3 day split at night, and whenever I can get my lazy butt up in the morning, do abs / light treadmill work. Might also throw in calves since they are one of those muscles that love to have the crap worked out of them.

I'll take some more measurements in a sec and post them up.

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
165.8 @ 17.3% caliper -> 173.8 @ 11.4% caliper
Neck: 16" -> 15" (not sure what happened here)
Upper arm bi/tri straight, not flex: 11" -> 12"
Upper arm flexed: 13" -> 13.25"
Lower arm (forearm): 10" -> 10.5"
Chest (beneath arms): 38" -> 38"
Chest (around delts): 45.5" -> 49"
Upper leg (quad / ham): 20.5" -> 22"
Lower leg (calves): 13.5" -> 14"
Waist: 33.5" -> 34"

I want to see how much changes between now and possibly running something else in a few months. If it's significant, I'll save my $ for another time and just keep it natty.

Last edited:
TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Lost some neck fat I see. :lol:

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
yeah in a few months it'll probably read 10" neck 37" waist, this could get ugly

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
well the roads are complete **** and that means i stayed home from work today. hope everyone else in this area is staying safe. im going to head out in about an hour which should be about the warmest part of the day, and the trucks should have assaulted .. err salted most of the roads and cleared off some more crap by then.

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
hey manny welcome, how have you been? how's pct treating ya?

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
power was out yesterday, roads are getting ready to start icing again today, getting pretty frustrated i do not want an off week. im starting my monday tonight i dont care how long it takes me to get home afterward. im going to use the gym that's closest to work so that i can take the time for pre workout shake / stim while i'm at work instead of tonight. should get me some more free time tonight to make meals for tomorrow (breakfast, lunch whatever).
i think i'll leave work about 4 and should be at the gym by 4:30 (maybe 4:15).

got a couple nutra orders in that should keep me from buying anything for awhile except protein/wms/multi/omega3 ;)

manny1010

Awards
  • Established
It's in the upper 70's over here! Makes me want to go for a jog tonight. Hey man becareful out there, its pretty easy to lose control when the roads are icey. PCT is going well bro. So you ready to try the "ONE"? Looks interesting.

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
i was going to follow tl on a 1-andro cycle according to the AMS site (with decavol and 4ad) but this 2 bottles of love theone cycle looks pretty sweet. maybe use that pre summer instead of the 1-andro and save that for after summer. i think either one is a win, with the one being much easier on the wallet. will be interesting to compare the two.

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
the roads cleared up pretty well during the day, i think i'll be good to go for leaving early in the morning to hit the gym first thing. i have my boss going in early for me, so i have some room to play as well. tomorrow am should be cardio/abs, not sure how much ab work i'll do because i did some tonight. we'll see how i feel.

this is my first time at this particular gym in about a year so i'll be getting used to the numbers i can use here. focus was on form, range of motion, and if i feel like either suffered i wont be increasing the weight used.

1. db flyes
20x10x4

2. skull crusher
30x10
40x10
30x10x2

3. db pullover
30x10
40x10
50x10
30x10

4. rope pulldown
20x10
25x10
20x10
25x10
15x10

5. pec deck
30x10
40x10
80x10
100x6

6. inc db press
20x10
20x10
30x10
30x10

7. weighted crunch
30x10
40x10
50x10
50x10
40x10

12x capt chair leg lifts

treadmill to cool down ~10min taking hr from 130 down to 100

pre-wo: no shotgun, 2 scoop scivation whey, 2 scoop WMS (~70g)

i feel pretty awesome. im also glad i switched up gyms again, if i would have come home first like normal, i wouldnt have gone (gf stayed home sick). i'll judge tonight's success on tomorrow's pain!

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
new toys awaiting at home: 3x1-andro, 2x arom-x, 2x decavol. still waiting on np to get 2 more arom-x and 2x4ad :)

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Wow dude... talk about a shopping spree! Looks like fun!

BTW - the usual way to list your lifts would be:

SETS*REPS*WEIGHT

If just one set, you leave it off. I almost crapped looking at your weights. Thought you were doing 50 reps of 10 on pullovers. :lol:

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
Wow dude... talk about a shopping spree! Looks like fun!

BTW - the usual way to list your lifts would be:

SETS*REPS*WEIGHT

If just one set, you leave it off. I almost crapped looking at your weights. Thought you were doing 50 reps of 10 on pullovers. :lol:
i was!!!! :( just kidding, thanks bro

this morning was pretty good, got 30 minutes on the treadmill @ 130 heart rate, then jumped into the weighted ab machine and the torso rotation deal.

crunches
---------
10 reps x 30 lbs
10x25
10x20
10x30
10x30

obliques, each side
------------------
10 reps x 50 lbs
10x70
10x60
10x65
10x60

this is pretty much how my mornings will go. it's after about 30 minutes of telling myself that my gf is not going to wake up (she works late) so there's no point in just sitting in bed unable to sleep for any respectable length of time. i also remembered last night that if i cant sleep, just toss in a movie. it's a lot easier than jumping around 1000 thoughts trying to sleep. i'll be using fight club for awhile, every time i see that movie i find a new perspective on it or find something else that i missed before.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I'm sleeping really well lately. Sleep ON cycle for me is awful.

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
i think the no shotgun around 5pm is what's doing it to me, except in the morning i dont feel awake for at least 1.5 hours, usually at the end of the treadmill. maybe just getting off that damn thing is what makes my day!

manny1010

Awards
  • Established
I have been sleeping well also lately. Been really busy lately, guess I am worn out by the end of the day to hit the sack.

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
tonight was back/bicep day. the gym was pretty packed and i had started out doing preacher curl on this precor equipment, but i think it's designed for short arm people because it felt nothing but awkward. everything else related to a pc was in use, no hard feelings though.

lat pull down
10x60
10x100
10x140
10x110
10x70

bb curl
10x20
10x30
10x30
10x20

seated cable row
10x40
10x70
10x70
10x70

preacher curl
10x10
10x10 (trying to get a feel for this pos machine)
10x45 **** it

t bar row (not sure what the carrier weighs here, more than im used to though)
10x90
10x70
10x45
10x45

bent over barbell row
10x30
10x30
10x50
10x50

sdl
10x135
8x225
3x245

i might rest tomorrow, it's supposed to be a wednesday rest day, and i can pick up my friday on saturday im not too worried about that. then rest sun and then full on mon/tue thu/fri. depending how i feel next wed, will be a regular ab/cardio morning and off evening. probably use that time for haircut and other shat.

next pm workout is a leg day. im sure by tomorrow after work i'll feel pretty damn good, so i'll plan to hit them anyway. depending how i feel in the morning i'll do abs/cardio.

going to eat!!!!

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
took this morning off, probably shouldn't have. the only part of me that isn't sore is the ab area. im going to kick up the reps tomorrow morning. planning the leg day in a few, soon as i get a little bit of free time at work. arms are feeling pretty good, i definitely gave them a run for their money this week.

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
my biggest rant about yesterday's "back day" is that my forearms are worthless, that's what bothered me the most and kept my weight down on the tbar rows. same thing on deads, my grip is crap and while i have straps im too lazy to drag them through the gym with me. especially for 245 that's a little lame. so forearms, f**** you!

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Pump is pretty funny dude.

Wouldn't worry about the forearms too much. I'd worry about being too lazy to carry the straps though. :lol:

manny1010

Awards
  • Established
I agree with Timberlakers, pump is too funny man. So when you are not pumping does it say "pump is off". Hey man get you some gloves, they do about the same thing as straps.

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
Woah.. You're only 174 6'1. With those measurements you posted man I don't know if it's wise to be taking steroids just yet. You did an epistane cycle and are considering another cycle? Honestly man, I'm not trying to bash you, but I'm sure you could progress just fine if you trained naturally.

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
Woah.. You're only 174 6'1. With those measurements you posted man I don't know if it's wise to be taking steroids just yet. You did an epistane cycle and are considering another cycle? Honestly man, I'm not trying to bash you, but I'm sure you could progress just fine if you trained naturally.
no worries, i agree with you 100%. i am also a hard headed SOB and enjoyed the accelerated results of the epi cycle. what im working on now is forcing myself to eat the way i did on cycle, and train the way i did on cycle, and see how it all pans out. this is one of the reasons im posting everything up here, no holds barred, this is me- i have a long way to go. ive also come a long way from 8 years solid @ 135 (a few years back now). thanks for your input bro, definitely appreciate it!

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
no worries, i agree with you 100%. i am also a hard headed SOB and enjoyed the accelerated results of the epi cycle. what im working on now is forcing myself to eat the way i did on cycle, and train the way i did on cycle, and see how it all pans out. this is one of the reasons im posting everything up here, no holds barred, this is me- i have a long way to go. ive also come a long way from 8 years solid @ 135 (a few years back now). thanks for your input bro, definitely appreciate it!
Thanks for taking that constructively. A lot of guys don't want to hear what what I told you and get extremely defensive.

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
ok another leg day, and i got my headaches again after leg press. im not sure if i'm just really not breathing right, or what. i mean i know i am, but maybe i'm over doing it, not sure.

since this was in the salisbury gym, i had to start with new numbers. at least this place labels the weight of the carriages for the leg press, and they have a hack squat machine so im switching up squats for those.

leg press (carriage is 118, already factored in)
10x208
8x298
8x388
8x478
10x208

leg curl (evil precor!@#@)
10x10
10x35
10x35
10x35

calf raise (galileo machine, i have no idea what the number represents in weight)
10x#4
8x#6
7x#5
10x#4
10x#3
10x#3
10x#2

hack squat (carriage is 80lb)
10x80
10x80
8x130
8x170
5x220
8x170

felt this one in my lower back. i'll probably keep these same weights until that feeling goes away.

tomorrow AM is cardio/abs and shoulders tomorrow night. the nice thing about dedicating a day to shoulders is i get to play with all those cable weights and sh*t.

and you guys are right about the straps, im wasting part of my back day without them for those tbar rows, and im sure i can get more out of my deads with them. forearms will catch up in due time, no need slowing down progress. i'll be carrying the straps around next back day. thanks all!

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
opted to rest this morning. i was wide awake at 2am and that's just too early to do anything, up again at 4 but still a bit too early. just enough to piss me off and reset the alarm for 6. i'll toss some abs in after shoulders tonight.

good morning by the way!

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
I'm sleeping really well lately. Sleep ON cycle for me is awful.
during epi i was actually feeling a lot better waking up in the morning. could have all been mental motivation for me, or other factors that i can't remember. i wonder how all the logs around here are going to look when we lose an hour this weekend :laugh:

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
isolateral shoulder press machine of death (military press)
10x20
10x40
10x40
10x50
10x50
10x50
10x40
10x20

upright rows
10x20
10x30
10x40 (felt kind of ****ed up)
10x30
10x30
10x20

db press
10x15
10x20
10x15
10x1
10x20

front raise
10x10
10x15
10x10
10x15
10x10
12x20

rear delt (Icarian)
10x20 warmup (family has bad shoulder history)
10x40 (good weight with the squeeze at the back)
10x30
10x20
10x20

weighted ab machine
20x20
20x20
20x20
20x30
20x30
12x40

oblique crunch
they have this weird machine here that im going to have to get used to
5x10 (dont know the carriage weight)
10xNo Extra Weight, left and right
10xNo Extra Weight, left and right

i think im really going to like that once i get going

now it's a rest day until monday, it was a good week and probably a little harder than the rest due to shifting mon/tue to tue/wed and not resting wednesday. we'll see, i feel pretty good overall.

the one came in today, very tiny. i think this might be the new ultimate first cycle for people, one bottle for cycle and one for pct. no 2.2 bottles (wtf!) of whatever + arcane concoction of ai/test booster/cort control.

time to troll the other threads :D

thanks for reading guys, have a great weekend!

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
weekend update, eating everything in sight! weather hit 70 today in the sun, spending most of the day outdoors!

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
didnt have time to post yesterdays numbers, i'll try to put them up with tonight's tomorrow. work's just been a little more hectic and that's about the only time i can get on here. i will be using the straps on tbar row and deadlifts tonight so hopefully that helps me reserve some strength for higher numbers. 275 is still my ceiling on DL.

172 lb in the morning, 177 lb at the end of the day. go go gadget food!

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
monday chest/tri day

db flyes
10x25
2x10x15
2x10x20

skull crusher
5x10x30

db pullover
2x10x30
3x10x40

rope pulldown
10x20
2x10x25
10x20
10x25

pec deck
10xx30
10x40
10x80
10x100

inc db press
10x20
10x30
10x25
2x10x20

weighted crunch
2x20x30
3x10x30
2x10x40
4x50

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
tue back/bi day

lat pulldown
10x70
10x100
10x110
2x10x120

seated cable row
10x40
2x10x70
2x10x85

tbar row
10x45
7x90
6x90
2x10x45

barbell row
10x30
3x10x50
10x60

bb curl
2x10x20
2x10x30
10x40

preacher curl
10x10 left
10x10 right
10x25 left
10x25 right
10x45
10x25
3x70
1x70

sdl
10x135
2x225 (moved off of podium, dont like this thing)
2x225
5x245

weighted crunch
2x20x30
10x30
20x20
10x50

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
tomorrow is a rest day, hopefully i can recover from the time switch also. for some reason it has me really messed up, maybe it was the patron friday *shrug* feelin pretty good the 245 sdl are coming a lot easier, that's one reason i didnt want to mess around with the 225s so much. 135 is a good warm up. work is complete yarrrrrrr lately!

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
today is my rest day, and i'm actually pretty pissed about it. i feel like ive been grounded or something. cant wait for tomorrow :p

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
ended up with an unplanned rest day on thursday, but it allowed me to switch from PM gym to AM and went in this morning for leg day. I'll pick up shoulders tomorrow at my local gym, and be all rested up by monday morning where the intensity gets kicked the **** up!

leg press
10x208
8x298
8x388
2x478, my left knee was bothering me on the outside. everything else felt ****ing great so i know i have a lot more in me. bumped fishoil to 9g/day from 6 yesterday. we'll see what this does.
10x298 (felt really good and got one hell of a burn in this set)

im almost wondering if my 478 pain is because the muscle around my left knee is not ready yet. i'll keep it easy and stay off the 478 for at least a week maybe more.

leg curl
10x25
10x35
10x25
10x25
10x25

this weight has felt pretty good, im starting to finally notice something going on the back of my legs. cant wait to kick this up :)

calf raise
again with the galileo machine and numbered plates..
10x5
2x10x4
10x3
10x2

im going to start these at 3 and depending on how it feels yank the reps up next week

hack squat
this is the reason i waited another day, my local gym does not have a hack squat machine and i feel that this is really helping my lower back out

2x10x80
8x130
8x170
5x220
8x170

weighted crunch
3x20x30
10x20
10x20
2x10x20
lower back still bothering me. damn desk job. yarr.

had pretty bad headache today after the first exercise. the no shotgun was dosed probably too close to workout time because that made me feel like crap almost the entire time and made it hard to eat up until about 2pm. it could just be that particular flavor though, it reminds me of a time i was sick as a kid throwing up mac and cheese. i have another kind at work i've been taking that i love, but i also dose that a lot further out when i hit this particular gym.

im going to see if there's anything different i have to do with timing due to switching to a closer gym in the morning. everything feels pretty much on point, just a few oddball issues here and there.

i like this place because they put the starting weight on the machines. so instead of thinking im leg pressing 360 i know it's 478.

prepping the log for shoulders tomorrow and probably going to take it really easy this weekend except for moving some stuff around the house.

tgif!

manny1010

Awards
  • Established
Hey bro, your stats are looking good man. Keep up the good work. You mean you dont like Mac N Cheese? oh come on!! It's some good stuff especially when I was broke in college.

Get some rest for Monday bro. We have a great task in front of us. I am stoked!

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Too much math man... :lol:

I'd just keep track of the plates on the leg press. Even if the sled weights 100 some odd pounds - you're still laying on your back.

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
just wanted to report that ive been having pretty badass dreams lately- like when taking powerfull except I havent had any PF in a long time. i think im actually doing something right in triggering gh! also, my AM weight has gone up 2 lbs to 174 since about 2 weeks ago.

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
picked up some glucosomine / chondroitin today, we'll see how it helps the joints out as well. i can always crack my wrists just by turning them from side to side, if this makes that stop i'll be pretty damn happy

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
still really beat from last week, ive been taking 3 hour naps when i get home from work and still sleeping 8 hours after that. i still eat as much as i can and try to hit 3000+ cal/day. i dont measure like i used to, i just eat basically 24x7 when im not sleeping or at the gym.

i switched up to doing stronglift 5x5 routine this monday, and it has me in the gym mon/wed/fri doing much less than i'd like to be. however the program has been proven to increase strength, and that's what i'd like to continue to focus on. especially because after monday, my weaknesses are made very apparent to me in terms of back strength, forearm, etc. the inverted row taught me that, and those reverse crunches were much more brutal than 100 reps on the weighted ab crunch machine.

what i dont like is the weights they want me to start out with, so the first week or 2 will be finding the right starting weight imo. im sure there's formulas and a bunch of other crap but it's likely based on something i also don't know yet.

squat
5x5x45
im going to bump this up to 95 tomorrow

bench
5x5x45
going to bump this up to 95 also (fri)
threw in a set of 5x95 and 5x135

inverted row
3xFail
based on the technical requirements, i only achieved one of these, chest to bar
tried 12/10/7

pushup
3xFail
25/15/13
i failed to fail because my dumb ass was worried about getting to work on time

reverse crunch, holding 44 lb counterweight
12/12/12

im going to take a little more time between sets and try to bump the weight up even more so that i can begin progressing at the 2.5lb per workout as the program outlines. after running this about 8 weeks i'll go back to just doing what i was doing and enjoying. hypertrophy is damn addicting!