Keto Log - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Keto Log

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  224 lbs.

***TIP***: When microwaving eggs I ALWAYS spray the bowl with PAM first. Makes the clean up 10 times easier....just my .02

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kjkriston View Post
    ***TIP***: When microwaving eggs I ALWAYS spray the bowl with PAM first. Makes the clean up 10 times easier....just my .02
    Nice, I have no clue why I didn't think of that, lol <_<

I just seems to be bad at cookin meat it seems, it will either be too dark(burnt-ish) or not cooked enough and taste funky. Guess I just need to practice it some more, haven't done it much either.

I'm thinking I'm gonna refeed tonight because tomorrow I'll be at work right after practice, and I'm gonna keep myself from eating any more pancakes from now on, they get me too bloated and full way too fast. So if I start tonight, it may be easier, and then I can gauge if I can have pancakes tomorrow by if I have any carb room.
    Is there a reason people refeed every 5 days or so? Or is it solely the glycogen depletion that is what we wait on? Because if I can refeed every 3 days or so, just a small one at night, that would be great.

Does running around for 2 hours use a bit of glycogen from the legs? I read cardio should be kept to a minimum on a CKD because it doesn't deplete much glycogen.

What BF are you getting to before you bulk Thomas?
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

Ahh, your probably cutting the meat too thick before you cook it, or your cooking the meat on too high heat.

We wait for a combination of things, mainly, the longer in ketosis the longer in optimal fat burning also because of the glycogen depletion. When the glycogen stores are depleted and after your depletion workout your body will more willingly store carbs as glycogen and store extra glycogen.

You could do a post workout carb up of about 100-150 carbs every Wednesday to improve workout quality.

Cardio does use glycogen, that's a main reason to avoid it during carb ups. Especially if you're doing HIIT cardio, it will deplete glycogen levels. I do HIIT on every non training day and everyday when my legs aren't sore from the gym.

I just want to drop until I can see my abs, about 9-10 percent probably, then I'm going to bulk.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Ah ok, thanks for the tips on the meat.

I may do a 100 or so carb up every couple days, but that leaves me no room for screwups on other days(like too many nuts ^_^)

I was advised to bulk to about 180 or so, then cut, but I hate this eating so much, I'm not wicked lean, so I don't see why I need to bulk already. I still have the fat on my stomach/sides, so why can't I just keep working out hard and cut that fat while adding a some definition(recomp I guess?) I'm thinkin I'll go back to 1700-1800 cal days, and crack down on carbs, try to keep them to 5-10 or so, and cut out nuts, other than walnuts(really low non fiber carbs)

So, essentially, you could over-eat on a refeed as long as you did cardio to make up for some of that? I'm thinking I will stick to only 6 hour or so carb ups from now on because I just suck at having an entire day for carbs, lol. I got so bloated last week, it was unreal. Stomach was killing me for a day or two from all the pancakes and gatorade >_<
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFury View Post
    Ah ok, thanks for the tips on the meat.

I may do a 100 or so carb up every couple days, but that leaves me no room for screwups on other days(like too many nuts ^_^)

I was advised to bulk to about 180 or so, then cut, but I hate this eating so much, I'm not wicked lean, so I don't see why I need to bulk already. I still have the fat on my stomach/sides, so why can't I just keep working out hard and cut that fat while adding a some definition(recomp I guess?) I'm thinkin I'll go back to 1700-1800 cal days, and crack down on carbs, try to keep them to 5-10 or so, and cut out nuts, other than walnuts(really low non fiber carbs)

So, essentially, you could over-eat on a refeed as long as you did cardio to make up for some of that? I'm thinking I will stick to only 6 hour or so carb ups from now on because I just suck at having an entire day for carbs, lol. I got so bloated last week, it was unreal. Stomach was killing me for a day or two from all the pancakes and gatorade >_<
    Refeeds, really unless your getting to really low body fat, you can pretty much over eat a little. I've gone up to 5000-6000 cals on the first 24 and hardly gained anything, scale wise, appearance wise, nada.

You should consider gaining weight because your in the 140 range. Being 5'7 you might not need to bulk up to 180, I would go to 160, see how you look.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Sorry, was a typo, I meant 160. Ugh, guess I'll keep eatin a boatload, guess I just gonna grin and bear it till I can get to 160.

Right now I'm doing another refeed because I'll have to work tomorrow right after practice, and I wanted some carbs ^_^

I seem to start getting bloated and frikkin gassy when I eat more than 50g or so carbs, is that just me or is that common? I'm thinking about grabbing some Gut Health in my next order along with the RPM/BCAAs/BA/protein
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

What are the foods that you are eating?
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Breakfast:
    Bacon and eggs + cheeese usually

Lunch: Wrap with turkey + cheese(low carb wrap)

After practice: Shake + PB in the protein brownies(sometimes I add walnuts)

Dinner: I usually just eat whatever until bed, nuts, PB, jello, heavy creme, and usually a smaller dinner of chicken + cheese or something.

Eating is suckin right now because I don't have a lot of prep time, atleast I haven't for this week, and prolly won't till Monday.

I live with my mom ATM, and her cousin's daughter accidently hanged herself(16 months old) in cords when the mom walked away for a little while, so my mom went up to Ohio to be with the fam. I'm home alone, and I go to school early in the morning, get home late after practice, then go to work or hafta do dishes that got piled up from the days I was busy <_<

So, time is killing me these days
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

Sorry to hear that. For your carb load what do you eat?
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Ah, sorry, thought you meant diet, lol.

I just have gatorade post-WO and through the first night of carbs, with white bread and sugary cereal(like captain crunch, or fruity pebbles or some crap) and also some muffins, pancakes sometimes too. The second day is wheat bread, some yogurt, more cereal, and a muffin or two again.
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

Hmm, i'm not too sure then, i'll look around for you. I've never had problems with bloating or gas.

Today's Training: Legs

Front squats:
    45X12
    95X10
    135X10
    135X10

Regular squats:
    185X3 then failed

Calf raises
    210X10
    240X10
    280X10
    300X10

Hamstring curls
    6 plates X 10
    7 plates X 10
    8 plates X 9

Overall today's workout was pretty good, it was the first time I ever failed doing squats, EVER. Especially with 185, I know it was partially me taking time off then coming back, but I have a strong feeling it was the front squats that did it. I've never felt more of a pump in my thighs than when I did the front squats, they felt easier and more natural to do. I also think with isolating the quads more I could benefit from doing deadlifts for ham and hip work. I noticed that when my legs gave out during the squat that my hips were still driving it was just my quads that gave out.

Overall I was pleased.

Today's Diet:
    2 ounces peanuts
    2 servings peanut butter
    .75 pounds of meat
    Some desert mix I made probably around 30-40 carbs
    Salad with 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese.
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

Today's training: Chest/arms

Bench
    45X10
    115X8
    115X9
    120X8
    120X8

Overhead dumbbell extensions:
    15X8

Bicep curls
    30X9
    30X9

Tricep pushdowns
    45X10 (each arm)
    50X10(Each arm)
    100X8

Overall, I think it was a good workout, not as long as I wanted because my left shoulder started to act up, i'll have to get back on top of that.

My carb intake has been around 40 a day lately, i've been feeling good with that. WIth thanksgiving coming up i'm looking to two hard workouts the next two days to get ready for my first big carb up.
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

Been busy but still going to update.

So after I get my ID i'm going to get my training done for security, that's the only job I can find right now so I figured why not until I can start something on my own or get something more secure. I'm just going to look for something part time for now, that's all I need to afford my food and other expenses so I can have free time for my own ventures.
  14. Pro Virili Parte

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

definetly subbed.. looking foward to see more on here.. along with some more yummy keto recipes!!
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

So I haven't been able to buy more food for a while now, my cash is about to run dry. I need to get a job soon or start selling some trouser soldiers.

I've been eating sausages and tiny amounts of cheerios and peanut butter for the past two days.

One great tip that I would like to pass on is to cook bacon on a sheet pan inside of the oven. I cooked bacon the other night, 425 degrees 5-7 minutes one side, flipped it around and let it cooked until I saw it was where I wanted it. I put a little seasoning that I like on it. Get the pieces of bacon out and put them on a pan.

Then you are left with the question of "what do I do with this fat?" you put it in a container after the sheet pan cools a bit and throw it right in the freezer. The fat freezes into a brick, when you cook stuff like chicken or pork, or any lean meat or anything that you need fat to cook with for that matter you have a flavorful fat to cook in without having to go and buy it.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  254 lbs.

I'm loving the burger impatients.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 7-keto
    By GuyverX in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-14-2010, 11:51 AM
  2. keto ?'s
    By lennoxchi in forum Weight Loss