opions on the 300 workout

Gtstang86

Gtstang86

Awards
I am looking to shed at least 20lbs and go down to 205lbs, and was interested in this 300 workout, its not alot of weight lifting but i am just looking to cut all that extra fat off, i build muscal very easy its just lossing weight is hard for me. any good diet idea please let me know, but be speific on what you eat :) and how much, and please on a daily bases. my specs

Male
5'11
226lbs

P.S

i will body a pic of my body so you can tell me what you think and what i should do to shed the weight off.

Thank you for your time and advice

-Chris

Gtstang86

Gtstang86

Awards
sorry they are so big, that thats the body and you can notice why i wanna drop to 205lbs

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Isn't the 300 workout the wone that has you doing like 100 deadlifts in a session? If so, my question would be, why? If you want to lose weight drop your calories, do some cardio, and keep lifting and progressing weight as much as possible to ensure you're losing fat while maintaining as much muscle mass as possible. Why complicate things beyond that with some trendy ass workout?

mr j

Awards
300 is just a type of workout program. create one that suites ur needs. that can be ur own super 300 program.

Maintenance: 2825 Calories/day
Fat Loss Range: 1808 - 2260 Calories/day

http://www.diet-blog.com/archives/2005/12/26/how_to_calculate_your_daily_calorie_needs.php

really watch what u eat. im one day 24 and i have lost 12 pounds so far.

i cut back 400 cal from my day + on cardio days i burn another 400. and off cardio days 200 as a warm up so no matter what im burning em off

cardio day = 800+

non cardio day = 600+

u might be storing water too.

mr j

Awards
oh btw my diet is simple

lots of water protein 1g per body pound. light yogurt as snack. and try to keep 2 meals in = tuna at mid day and chicken breast at 5-6pm and u get hungry at night down some water.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the "300 workout" was never really a workout, it was more a test and a way for them to compare each other. they timed how long it took to get thru it, and just did other forms of training and did that 300 thing once every few weeks to judge progress

Anyhow for diet, its really a lot better if we start with what you eat now, and make suggestions as to how to fix it. if we give you something precise to follow that is nothing like what you currently do, you are less likely to be successful

Gtstang86

Gtstang86

Awards
there are a few different ways to do the "300 workout" but the one i wrote down is

1)Elevated push-ups (30 reps)
2)one arm DB squats(30 reps)
3)45 degree lat pull down (30 reps)
4)Jump squat with DB (30 reps)
5)Eleveated Push-ups (30 reps)
6)split squat jump (30 reps)
7)band row seated (30 reps)
8)shoulder press (30 reps)
9)stationary DB lunges (30 reps)
10) Russian twist (30 reps)

Gtstang86

Gtstang86

Awards
Well to be really honest, i dont eat healthly at all, but sometimes its hard to eat good when i wake up around 3:00am and go to work at 4am til 1pm, but i've been trying to eat 3 boiled eggs in the morning with a protain 1.5g of protain and eat some light yogert for my 15 min breaks and chicken brest for lunch BUT sometimes i am worn out and lately i have been eating 2 donuts and a rip it(energy drink) in the morning nothing on breaks and subway for lunch, plus i eat different produce throught the day.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Well to be really honest, i dont eat healthly at all, but sometimes its hard to eat good when i wake up around 3:00am and go to work at 4am til 1pm, but i've been trying to eat 3 boiled eggs in the morning with a protain 1.5g of protain and eat some light yogert for my 15 min breaks and chicken brest for lunch BUT sometimes i am worn out and lately i have been eating 2 donuts and a rip it(energy drink) in the morning nothing on breaks and subway for lunch, plus i eat different produce throught the day.
Cook your food, and pack it into tupperware. It's amazing how good a small meal of chicken, brocolli/green beans, 1tbsp olive oil, and some parmesan cheese can be. Just heat and enjoy, oh, and get cut. Heating up a meal like this and downing it can easily be done in under 10 minutes.

LowProfile

Awards
A few of the guys at my fire station and I incorporated the 300 workout into our training a while back. It's a challenge and we have enjoyed the results. We would do the workout every 2 or 3 weeks, time ourselves, and try to beat our last time. It's just a whole body circuit training routine, nothing magical. If the 300 workout specifically motivates you, then do it, but don't limit yourself to it. You can accomplish the same if you pick 5 or 6 exercises in the gym and perform them in circuit fashion with good intensity. Charles Poliquin's book, German Body Comp Program, has some good workouts and nutrition info. Crossfit.com is a great resource for this type of training too. Here is a nugget from the Crossfit site called "World Class Fitness in 100 Words":

“Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds,
some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep
intake to levels that will support exercise but
not body fat.
Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean,
squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly,
master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups,
dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to
handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds.
Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast.
Five or six days per week mix these elements
in as many combinations and patterns
as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy.
Keep workouts short and intense.
Regularly learn and play new sports.”

lector606

lector606

Awards
Buy some whey protein (it's far cheaper than groceries), put it in a shaker cup, and bring it to work. Bring some fruit/veggies too and just like that, all complaints about eating at work have been solved.

I don't get breaks at work generally and I work 9-10 hour shifts sometimes and I have no problems eating well. It takes about 20 seconds to add water to whey in a cup and shake it, and grabbing an apple/banana/snow peas/carrots etc is extremely simple too.