Need help on reducing body fat

dee3152

dee3152

Awards
Im just now getting back into the gym and i want to lose some body fat over the next couple of months. My stats are 5'11 227lbs and body fat % i dont know i got some numbers of a bf calc it said 23% but i think its more. So can anyone help me with my diet i tried using the diet tracker. Supps im taking now is a multi vit, sesaglow, whey tech pro 24. And just order recreate and ap. is there anything else i need to take. also i workout 4 days a week and cardio min 3 days a week

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
tell us what your eating is like "normally". its better to be realistic and implement changes you can live with than to try and give you something you wont follow

dee3152

dee3152

Awards
i usually skip breakfast but the last week i have been either eating 4 eggs and protein shake or oatmeal and a protein shake. lunch i would eat turkey or tuna sandwich on wheat with like rice cake, protein bar, pb, or nuts for snacks. chicken breast or steak and veg and brown rice. when i did a day for the diet tracker i got grams calories %total
Total 1843
Protein 220 880 47.75%
Carbs 135 540 29.3%
Fiber 23 92 4.99%
Sugar 38 152 8.25%
Fat 47 423 22.95%
Sat 18 162 8.79%
Poly 9 81 4.4%
Mono 19 171 9.28%

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if thats accurate, its probably a bit too low for the beginning. i'd raise healthy fats up a bit, shoot for more like 2300 cal a day. Does that include the wheytech pro? also, once you start using AP if it works well for you there might be a need for adding more carbs in.

dee3152

dee3152

Awards
yes thats adding the protein. i have to fit in some more cals but its hard during the day at work. but 2300 is a good start?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i think so for your current size. you dont want to plummet too fast at the beginning, both because it makes it harder to adjust to living like that, as well as it is more likely to slow your losses sooner. If you focus on eating "clean" you'll find it hard to overeat

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Please dont skip breakfast... ever. Those idiots that say its the most important meal of the day... are NOT idiots.

I'm actually going to say that 2300 calories a day is a little high if you're really trying to shed some weight... Whatever number you settle on, just try to split it into 6 even meals to get the metabolism going, and have a small casein shake before bed to keep your body fed at night.

I think you'll really like Recreate...

dee3152

dee3152

Awards
is whey protein ok to take before bed and i should be getting the recreate tomorrow or wed

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
is whey protein ok to take before bed and i should be getting the recreate tomorrow or wed

Not recommended. It digests extremely fast. Whey is good in the AM or after a workout or if you've just starved yourself accidently.

You need something slow digest or tiered digestion. Casein is best. You could opt for Muscle Milk, Syntha 6, or Nitro Core 24... Muscle Milk has a good amount of fat however.

dee3152

dee3152

Awards
i go and pick some up tomorrow also is creatine a bad idea to use when trying to loss weight or fat?

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
i go and pick some up tomorrow also is creatine a bad idea to use when trying to loss weight or fat?

First of all - EJL is right. You could save a few bucks and go with the cottage cheese. The only way I can eat it though is to put it in a blender with some fruit or cocoa powder and packet of equal... Both of which add carbs.

Casein is HARD to get used to, but I love the results. Kind of expensive too. I'd go with the ON stuff. Some like Choc, Some like Vanilla. I shake it in a shaker then just chug. One scoop is plenty for you with about 14 oz of water.

Creatine is never a bad thing to use. Depending on how you react, you may retain a touch of water. Neovar is a popular recommendation on here.

dee3152

dee3152

Awards
reason i ask is because i have some kre alkalyn 1500 by scifit that i didnt use. i might try the cottage cheese to see if i can handle it. whats a good amount to eat

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
reason i ask is because i have some kre alkalyn 1500 by scifit that i didnt use. i might try the cottage cheese to see if i can handle it. whats a good amount to eat
Enough to get about 25 grams of protein. 1 cup gives you 28g which is perfect. Get LOWFAT!!

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Please dont skip breakfast... ever. Those idiots that say its the most important meal of the day... are NOT idiots.
:toofunny:

I really like Jacob Wilson's research on luecine and pre-bed nutrition. In one of his practical application articles he suggests the following which looks solid to me:

1 cup cottage cheese
1 to 2 scoops of amino acid shooter
fish oil pills amounting to at least a 1 to 1.5 grams of EPA
1 gram of HMB
5-10 grams of glutamine
Personally in the OP's current state (high BF%) I would look for a cottage cheese low in carbs.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
:toofunny:

I really like Jacob Wilson's research on luecine and pre-bed nutrition. In one of his practical application articles he suggests the following which looks solid to me:

Personally in the OP's current state (high BF%) I would look for a cottage cheese low in carbs.

Yeah, thats why I initially suggested casein. That has 4 grams to Cottage Cheese at 6, but all the cottage cheese carbs are sugar - whereas the casein is only 1 gram sugar... and pretty much no fat.

Now - Im just BSing miniscule calories here. The main point is to get some protein in the man's stomach before bedtime - especially on lift days. I haven't gone to bed without protein in my stomach in over a year... Not sure if I ever will. Last night I had two hard boiled eggs and a casein shake (not together mind you)...

Cottage cheese is your economical choice, while casein is the purest but most expensive choice. Depends on the cheddar situation.

dee3152

dee3152

Awards
aight so keep my cals at 2300 for now and start to drop it over time. and is workout 4 days a week and cardio a min 3 days a week ok for body fat loss. any suggestions

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, thats why I initially suggested casein. That has 4 grams to Cottage Cheese at 6, but all the cottage cheese carbs are sugar - whereas the casein is only 1 gram sugar... and pretty much no fat.

Now - Im just BSing miniscule calories here. The main point is to get some protein in the man's stomach before bedtime - especially on lift days. I haven't gone to bed without protein in my stomach in over a year... Not sure if I ever will. Last night I had two hard boiled eggs and a casein shake (not together mind you)...

Cottage cheese is your economical choice, while casein is the purest but most expensive choice. Depends on the cheddar situation.
I go with full fat cottage cheese as it has less sugar in it.... even when i'm cutting i'd rather have 50 extra cals from fat but 2-3g less sugar

The protein right before bed is iffy, a possibly better option is to mix up 20g of BCAAs prebed with a sugarfree drink mix, and drink 1/4 ~ 1/2 before going to sleep, and any time you wake up drink a bit more, and finish whats left when you first wake up. if you add 4g of GABA or so to that, it also helps with both falling asleep in the first place, and falling back asleep after pee breaks :)

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
aight so keep my cals at 2300 for now and start to drop it over time. and is workout 4 days a week and cardio a min 3 days a week ok for body fat loss. any suggestions
Just do something sustainable. Make sure you bust your ass on cardio - make yourself uncomfortable.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I go with full fat cottage cheese as it has less sugar in it.... even when i'm cutting i'd rather have 50 extra cals from fat but 2-3g less sugar

The protein right before bed is iffy, a possibly better option is to mix up 20g of BCAAs prebed with a sugarfree drink mix, and drink 1/4 ~ 1/2 before going to sleep, and any time you wake up drink a bit more, and finish whats left when you first wake up. if you add 4g of GABA or so to that, it also helps with both falling asleep in the first place, and falling back asleep after pee breaks :)

Thats a good idea too if you're one of those sleepers. I usually just KTFO. Hahah.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, important part is build real habits you can keep long term. both for the diet, as well as other activity. its no use to do the crazy 2 45 minute cardio sessions a day to get to a certain weight and then stop, cause if you eat the same the whole time you'll start packing the weight on as soon as you stop. so if 2x a week a 30 minute jog is all you can do, then go with that.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
yeah, important part is build real habits you can keep long term. both for the diet, as well as other activity. its no use to do the crazy 2 45 minute cardio sessions a day to get to a certain weight and then stop, cause if you eat the same the whole time you'll start packing the weight on as soon as you stop. so if 2x a week a 30 minute jog is all you can do, then go with that.
Then later on become a freak like EJL and pretty much work out all day.

dee3152

dee3152

Awards
i usually do 45min cardio 2 times a week and either 30 min cardio or 25 min hit

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
i usually do 45min cardio 2 times a week and either 30 min cardio or 25 min hit
For body fat loss, you'll want to do some LIT.. Just put the treadmill up to 10% grade - at 3.2 or 3.5 MPH - and walk it out with a towel over your shoulders. You want sustained heartrate for a long period of time (30 to 45 min)... Sip on some BCAAs while youre on.

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
hey dee! I have 2 4lbs tubs (sealed) of ON casein (vanilla). i'll sell/trade them if you want.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
hey dee! I have 2 4lbs tubs (sealed) of ON casein (vanilla). i'll sell/trade them if you want.

I will trade you one jar of Skippy chunky peanut butter, and an ice cube tray.

dee3152

dee3152

Awards
you want some bsn products cell mass nitrix no xpolde

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
Why aren't you using it? Not a casein fan?
I bought a total of 12lbs and needless to say I'm sick and tired of vanilla. I do use casein and I love the stuff.

Dee I'm more than set on no boosters/creatine, also I like my pre w/o supp much better than no explode so unless you got some Ragnarok I'm gonna have to decline on your offer. sorry bro

dee3152

dee3152

Awards
its cool just i had it here and i dont like the stuff its how i put on so much weight

dee3152

dee3152

Awards
Just got my shipment of recreate and ap. I will start them up tomorrow hope it works. Should i do measurement before or should i go by the scale?

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Just got my shipment of recreate and ap. I will start them up tomorrow hope it works. Should i do measurement before or should i go by the scale?
Photos are usually best. If you're lifting and trying to recomp, scale is worthless. Measure I guess if that's your choice.

You have your AP diet all figured out? Make sure the RC is on an empty stomach. I liked waking up an hour early, taking an RC, then going back to bed for an hour. Second dose early enough to still give you some sweat during your workout, but don't take it after 4 or so initially, or you'll mess up your sleep - test your sensitivity - and just take 1 for awhile.

dee3152

dee3152

Awards
so you start the day with two pills in the morning on empty stomach. i workout in the am is that ok

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
so you start the day with two pills in the morning on empty stomach. i workout in the am is that ok
Well I'm done with RC now. I did like it. Wasn't a huge fan of AP for the price. Felt like I got some great results from the combination however.

My stomach was empty, yes... for that extra hour I'm sleeping... but I always eat as soon as I get up. I'm not a believer of empty stomach cardio, but a lot of guys on here are. Apparently it gives you great results, but I'm not comfortable starving myself like that. I've been way down in BF for fights in the past, and never needed to go that route.

dee3152

dee3152

Awards
oh ok. yea im glad that the ap was at 24.99 so i bought 2

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
oh ok. yea im glad that the ap was at 24.99 so i bought 2
Yeah i'm kinda irritated about that, 1 week after I order 3 bottles they go on sale for almost half the normal price! On top of that, today I decided to suck it up and stock up on a few bottles and when I got home from work I sat down to place the order and they were back at normal price! Just my luck! :frustrate

dee3152

dee3152

Awards
yea i seen that. I thought it was to 7-10 -08. how long should i go through with take the two ap and recreate

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
yea i seen that. I thought it was to 7-10 -08. how long should i go through with take the two ap and recreate
Lol! Can you re-word that please, I couldn't quite understand your question.

dee3152

dee3152

Awards
sorry kind of tired. How long should i take the two ap and recreate, 8 weeks or 12 weeks?

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
You can take AP as long as you want! don't know about RC though

dee3152

dee3152

Awards
the first day was ok with the ap and recreate, i was sweating a whole lot more. today the same thing. Tim how is purple wrath as a bcaa and have you ever taken the bulk bcaa from np

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
I really like PW, it's also a EAA so but its the only BCAA supp I've ever used. Its worth the money

dee3152

dee3152

Awards
Today i couldn't help my self but i check my weight and i was at 223 from 227. I started recreate and ap on wed 7/9 so tomorrow will be a week. Also today i got my bulk bcaa and dth in the mail today will start the tomorrow. So tomorrow i will weigh in again. But so far recreate an ap are working really good i have a lot of focus on my workouts and the appetite suppression is crazy i have force myself to eat. also the other sups im taking is sesaglow, multi vit, protein, and green tea pills.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Today i couldn't help my self but i check my weight and i was at 223 from 227. I started recreate and ap on wed 7/9 so tomorrow will be a week. Also today i got my bulk bcaa and dth in the mail today will start the tomorrow. So tomorrow i will weigh in again. But so far recreate an ap are working really good i have a lot of focus on my workouts and the appetite suppression is crazy i have force myself to eat. also the other sups im taking is sesaglow, multi vit, protein, and green tea pills.
Good work champ. Remember to eat 6 nice small meals... 350 calories or so, and get that casein in at night. Bust your ass on the cardio. Let me know if you have any questions.

dee3152

dee3152

Awards
damn i forgot to get some cottage cheese. is it that bad to goto sleep with no protein in you beside the last meal?

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
You're doing all the right things man... Its not "bad"... it just helps to keep that metabolism fed all night, and also for your body to have some protein to repair muscles... You should at least do some kind of slow protein on your lift days.