College Weight. PLEASE HELP

fordtruckman

Awards
OK. I gained 25 pounds my first year at college and got up to 190 lbs. I know it was my own fault between unhealthy eating and beer, but I want to lose it this summer. I have already lost 5 pounds from just running and eating healthier, but I want to know how to really speed up the process. I work until 5 every day, and have no gym membership so keep that in mind. I have been jogging a few miles about 4 days a week, but is sprinting better? I really would like to know how to incorporate jogging and sprinting for the best weight loss!

Thanks!

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sprinting is good to get your metabolism revved but isn't better per se. If you can handle it, I'd recommend looking into a HIIT protocol. I personally do 10 sets of 30s sprint/60s rest, or sometimes just a 20s sprint. That will really take it out of you, will raise your metabolism and it only takes 15 minutes! You can sneak it in on a lunch break if you're that serious! Also don't forget to do the jogs as well, first thing in the morning with some BCAA's to prevent muscle catabolism is a great way to burn the fat off.

Also you got the right idea about cutting cals. Some people like using fatburners to help them along the way, but they aren't necessary by any means. It really depends on your financial situation. You don't need a gym membership to keep in shape, there's lots of body weight training/exercise you can do. Pushups, Burpees, Chinups, Dips are all great.

fordtruckman

Awards
Great thanks alot! But a couple more questions: Should I do like 2 days of sprinting workouts, 2 of jogging, and maybe 1 of just calisthenics? And also, what are your thoughts on a fasted early morning jog as opposed to after work? And should it be fasted or is that unhealthy? Sorry for all the questions I really don't know much...

Thanks again!

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
look into the velocity diet, drop weight fast, which really motivates u to stick with it, and continue i with your goal

kakku85

Banned
Awards
Hi,,
I am really sorry for you.
Look you need to be focused on wht u r eating and exercise.
Also, follow proper diet plan. And do exercise regularly. Do Yoga also that will help you alott rather than diet or exercise.
Also check out this site too: anabolicminds.com

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good ****ing Lord you're an idiot!
Don't listen to him . Many people have to down size people to make themselves feel better. These people go by what Icall"the seesaw principle, there always up and down and really don't enjoy much success in life because they feel they have to out people down to be high up.I'm glad I'm not in this mindset. don't take it as an attack Jayhawk, your a good person you just have a negtive mindset that needs improvement.I hope you feel better Jayhawkk!

In comes in to input/output. If you take in more calories than you burn in that day than you gain if you take in less you lose. Learn calorie counting and specifically protein carbs and fat. I say get on the borads and learn and study online and join a gym, best of luck.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Smeton, nice advice but you may want to read the post above mine and notice there's a link to our board.... I put that there. Also notice that guy is banned and you can probably figure out that he had another website in place of the anabolicminds.com link.

Then, if you're so inclined, you can do a post history and see the entire post history is one of advertising spam and very poorly written spam.

I still stand by my original statment of this guy being an idiot. Disagree if you must but I don't believe it had anything to do with a seesaw mentality. If you're referring to another post I had posted then you should address it there. In a serious thread I will respond seriously;as proper. If it doesn't require one then I respond in whichever way I feel is appropriate at that time.

I applaud your attempt in doing the right thing. I just think you missed the forrest for the trees on this one.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Smeton, nice advice but you may want to read the post above mine and notice there's a link to our board.... I put that there. Also notice that guy is banned and you can probably figure out that he had another website in place of the anabolicminds.com link.

Then, if you're so inclined, you can do a post history and see the entire post history is one of advertising spam and very poorly written spam.

I still stand by my original statment of this guy being an idiot. Disagree if you must but I don't believe it had anything to do with a seesaw mentality. If you're referring to another post I had posted then you should address it there. In a serious thread I will respond seriously;as proper. If it doesn't require one then I respond in whichever way I feel is appropriate at that time.

I applaud your attempt in doing the right thing. I just think you missed the forrest for the trees on this one.
:clap2: