Rob's Anabolic Diet/ Weight Loss Plan....Critiques Please

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Hello all. I took a long hiatus from regular training, after having 2 kids, but for the last 3 months I've came back with a vengeance.

My stats:
6'4, 275
18%ish Body Fat
Trained seriously for 4 years, taken 2 years off.

I'm in the middle of the fourth week of the anabolic diet. So far I haven't lost any weight, but I am definitely noticing a body recomp. I was 285 and lost 10 pounds pretty easy prior to starting the diet, but I've been adjusting to the anabolic diet and haven't been strict about my caloric intake or refeeds for the past 3 weeks so I've been stuck around 275. This week I'm lowering my calories.

Here's my diet:
Meal 1
3 slices Bacon
3 eggs
4 fish oil tabs

Meal 2
1 oz almonds
2 string cheese

Meal 3
1.5 oz fatty steak
1 cup lettuce
4 fish oil tabs

Meal 4
1 oz almonds
2 string cheese

Meal 5 (PWO)
1 scoop optimum whey
1 tbsp olive oil
4 fish oil tabs

Meal 6
1 oz salmon
1 oz mixed veggies

Meal 7
1.5 oz fatty steak
1 cup lettuce
4 fish oil tabs

Calories 2521
Protein 176- 28%
Carbs 29- 5%
Fat 189- 67% (29% Sat, 16% Poly, 54% Mono)

My Refeed is for about 30 hours between Friday night and going to bed on Saturday. They have not been clean refeeds by any stretch, but I'm working on that and they have gotten progressively cleaner.

My Workouts:

M-Squats, Chest, Shoulders, Tris
T-Walking on Treadmill, highest elevation, 60 min
W- 2 mile run
Th- Deadlifts, Rows, Pull Ups (assisted...I'm too fat), Good Mornings, Curls
F- Walking on Treadmill, highest elevation, 60 min
S- Off
Su- Rough Touch Football :)

Supplements-
Leviathan Reloaded (2 tabs, twice a day)
PLCAR (1.5gr, twice a day)
ALCAR (1.5gr, twice a day)
NOW ECGC (1 tab, twice a day)
Multi (once a day)
Vitamin C & E tab (3 times spread throughout the day)

Any thoughts. I'm concerned my fat % may be too high in my diet and I may not be getting enough protein. Also, I think I should add a third lifting day, any suggestions on a split? For me, less volume has always been better results for me when lifting, so I want to make sure I have plenty of recovery time built in.

Thanks.

J

JDF

Awards
  • Established
Hello all. I took a long hiatus from regular training, after having 2 kids, but for the last 3 months I've came back with a vengeance.

My stats:
6'4, 275
18%ish Body Fat
Trained seriously for 4 years, taken 2 years off.

I'm in the middle of the fourth week of the anabolic diet. So far I haven't lost any weight, but I am definitely noticing a body recomp. I was 285 and lost 10 pounds pretty easy prior to starting the diet, but I've been adjusting to the anabolic diet and haven't been strict about my caloric intake or refeeds for the past 3 weeks so I've been stuck around 275. This week I'm lowering my calories.

Here's my diet:
Meal 1
3 slices Bacon
3 eggs
4 fish oil tabs

Meal 2
1 oz almonds
2 string cheese

Meal 3
1.5 oz fatty steak
1 cup lettuce
4 fish oil tabs

Meal 4
1 oz almonds
2 string cheese

Meal 5 (PWO)
1 scoop optimum whey
1 tbsp olive oil
4 fish oil tabs

Meal 6
1 oz salmon
1 oz mixed veggies

Meal 7
1.5 oz fatty steak
1 cup lettuce
4 fish oil tabs

Calories 2521
Protein 176- 28%
Carbs 29- 5%
Fat 189- 67% (29% Sat, 16% Poly, 54% Mono)

My Refeed is for about 30 hours between Friday night and going to bed on Saturday. They have not been clean refeeds by any stretch, but I'm working on that and they have gotten progressively cleaner.

My Workouts:

M-Squats, Chest, Shoulders, Tris
T-Walking on Treadmill, highest elevation, 60 min
W- 2 mile run
Th- Deadlifts, Rows, Pull Ups (assisted...I'm too fat), Good Mornings, Curls
F- Walking on Treadmill, highest elevation, 60 min
S- Off
Su- Rough Touch Football :)

Supplements-
Leviathan Reloaded (2 tabs, twice a day)
PLCAR (1.5gr, twice a day)
ALCAR (1.5gr, twice a day)
NOW ECGC (1 tab, twice a day)
Multi (once a day)
Vitamin C & E tab (3 times spread throughout the day)

Any thoughts. I'm concerned my fat % may be too high in my diet and I may not be getting enough protein. Also, I think I should add a third lifting day, any suggestions on a split? For me, less volume has always been better results for me when lifting, so I want to make sure I have plenty of recovery time built in.

Thanks.
Calories are VERY low for being 275lbs, I would bump them to ~3300 for the first week and slowly drop them every week/other week or you'll start so low you'll hit a plateau early - like I did

Cut the steak and eat chicken to get more protein in your diet, its lower in calories so you'll be able to eat more than a gram which is an SUPER small amount of meat.

I usually eat ~5-7g of steak and 8-10g of chicken at a meal

An HST weight training routine worked VERY well for me, dropped ~1.5-2" on my waist, down 10lbs, and strength went up

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Calories are VERY low for being 275lbs, I would bump them to ~3300 for the first week and slowly drop them every week/other week or you'll start so low you'll hit a plateau early - like I did
This is week 4 on the diet....I've probably been around 3500 for the past 3 weeks, but I haven't been tracking the exact amount. Point taken tho, 2500 is a drastic drop. I think I will add some more calories in. 3000-3300 sounds good.

Cut the steak and eat chicken to get more protein in your diet, its lower in calories so you'll be able to eat more than a gram which is an SUPER small amount of meat.

I usually eat ~5-7g of steak and 8-10g of chicken at a meal
Its an ounce not a gram....

An HST weight training routine worked VERY well for me, dropped ~1.5-2" on my waist, down 10lbs, and strength went up
I'll search it now. You have a log for that routine right? I'll check that out!

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/93636-activate-extreme-6-a.html

is my most recent log i started and not updated as frequently as my first which is pretty detailed

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/86430-my-8-week.html

Sorry about that you did write ounce, not gram. Im used to weighing my food in grams - i apologize

www.hypertrophy-specifictraining.com
\

JDF- Great logs! Thanks for the links.

I did try HST years ago on SD when it first came out, and I'd love to give it a run again.

As for the oz thing....you were right....1 oz is not very much. In the diet tracker it has oz (1 serving) which is actually like 3 oz or something like that.

S

searcyc2

Awards
Looks like your going to need more fiber. Easy to get backed up on the ad. I usually eat a cup of spinach w/4 of my 6 meals, w/a fiber supplement. Broccoli is great too. I would also cut out one of the string cheese meals and replace it w/4oz chicken, or 3 whole eggs.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Looks like your going to need more fiber. Easy to get backed up on the ad. I usually eat a cup of spinach w/4 of my 6 meals, w/a fiber supplement. Broccoli is great too. I would also cut out one of the string cheese meals and replace it w/4oz chicken, or 3 whole eggs.
Sounds good. Boiled eggs sounds good, I can take them with me when I travel.