Weight loss help please

musclebound06

Awards
critique Diet please

Ok im going on holiday in September and need to loose 4 stone first!

Done it before this time its not working that well!

I have posted my routine below i hope you guys can help me, any help will be much appriciated!

Hi i started at 18.9St a month ago im now 18.1st

Mon Web Fri

Morning cardio (45 mins cross trainer)
Evening weights

Tue thurs sat sun

Morning cardio (45 mins cross trainer)
Evening cardio (45 mins cross trainer or 45 min bike ride)

DIET ON CARDIO DAYS

wakeup
l'glutamine
2 fat burn capsules

45 mins cardio cross trainer

8am
1 scoop Whey
6 eggwhites
udo's capsule
40g oats
Half Grapefruit

11am - not ideal but cant eat at 11am really just about manage this at work
2 scoops whey
25g Mixed nuts

2pm
200g Salmon fillet
40g basmati rice

4:30pm
Large Salad
Chicken or salmon 200g

5:30

CARDIO 45 mins

7:00
200g chicken
Lots of VEG Usually leaks, cabbage and brocoli

10:30
casein and sleep

WEIGHTS DAYS

wakeup
l'glutamine
2 fat burn capsules
45 mins cardio cross trainer

8am
1 scoop Whey
6 eggwhites
udo's capsule
40g oats
Half Grapefruit

11am - not ideal but cant eat at 11am really just about manage this at work
2 scoops whey
25g Mixed nuts

2pm
200g Salmon fillet
40g basmati rice

4:30pm
Large Salad
Chicken or salmon 200g

5:30

Weights

Shake 2 schoops Whey

7:00
200g chicken
Lots of VEG Usually leaks, cabbage and brocoli

10:30
casein and sleep

Im loosing weight so slowly and dont look much different, can someone please help me as im getting really down, 2006 i did this perfectly!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
damn, actually looks pretty good. really only thing I could think of is to maybe reduce the oats at the 8am meal or skip the grapefruit?

musclebound06

Awards
Hello there!

First thanks for responding to my post

I will try reducing oats in the morning to 25 g thanks!

The grapefruit i have only tried for a week as i read an article that says in helps burn fat.

The article is here if it interests you?
http://www.diet-supplement-review.com/naringin.html

Cheers

Chris

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
definitely grapefruit has its place in a diet, but i was thinking of 2 things - total calories and fructose in particular. Your diet is low enough in total sugars to be partially a ketogenic diet (which is nice for fat loss). Where thats relevant to the grapefruite is that some researchers believe liver glycogen levels are more likely to signal the body going into and out of ketogenic states, and fructose more directly effects liver glycogen than overall body glycogen.

other than that, the grapefruit is a good idea :) if you used it entirely in place of the oats it wouldnt' be bad, but it wouldnt give the fill factor the oats do either

Markio

Markio

Awards
Hi Musclebound,

I done your total cals (only done weights days as I'm in a rush - but couldn't see an immediate or huge difference).

Now obvioulsy I have had to make a few assumptions here. I make it in the region of 2400 calories, 300g pro, 105g carbs, 45g fat. You are 248 pounds, I have guessed you are mid twenties with body fat around 25%; which would mean your maintenance would be around 3000 cals.

So a deficit of around 600 cals a day is 4200 a week, it's said that 3500 is a pound of fat (so thats around 1.2lb), so with the cardio your doing bumping it up to around 2lb a week your results so far seem to be bang on what you'd expect.

It should be easy to take some cals away from this diet, for example veg isn't free calories, so your evening meal of veg and chicken is around 400, so you could shave some off of there. You could just have one protein shake rather than two scoops as your protein is very high anyway - I am assuming you have this with water? If it's with milk then that hundreds more cals over the course of a day. Breakfast doesn't need to be large imo.

Long story short, cut down the portions. I always do cardio after weights as well as fasted and I find that works well for me.

You could shift the weight by Sept, but you are going to need to go much more intense imo.

musclebound06

Awards
Hello

Thanks for the resposes guys

Markio spot on im 25 mate :clap2:

Ok so im cutting out the grapefruit!
Cutting back on a few nuts in the morning
Ill cut back on veg and salad!
cutting the oats to 27g

Shall i cut the rice to 25g?

What sort of cardio should i do after weight training and how long should i leave it?

Thanks again this helps alot!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
after weight training i'd just do 20 min of mid intensity cardio, maybe a bike, or moderate jog on treadmill

musclebound06

Awards
~Ok Cheers

Could i do weights eat dinner leave it an hour then do that?

Markio

Markio

Awards
My cardio has always been an hour on the bike in the morning and at least 45mins to and hour after weights too. Just this week I have been trying a different exercise after weights just to mix things up; the original post to the exercise is here [ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/93091-best-new-fat.html#post1332751 ].

I do stick in a few runs in the evenings too, and go for a few walks every too.

I'm training for marathon running currently so consequently keeping as much muscle as poss isn't a concern of mine nowadays. I have recently been on a similar weight loss charge to what you are attempting and have got down to a 31" waist from 39" in around 4 weeks without supps.

The only reason I say that is to highlight that it is possible, although if you are a big chap who has worked hard for his muscles and intends to keep it all at all costs, then you're only going to be looking at 2-3lb loss a week which will leave you short of your target by a bit - so you'll need to have a think about whats most important to you mate.

any questions fire em over :)

Markio

Markio

Awards
~Ok Cheers

Could i do weights eat dinner leave it an hour then do that?
Nope, the reason you do it straight after weights is because the weightlifting releases ffa's into the bloodstreem making them easier to burn off as they are more readily available for oxidization at that time.

musclebound06

Awards
ok mate so far so good!

After weight traint which lasts about 45 mins i would take a protein shake because i have been told the workout is a waist of time if you dont get protein in straight away could i do this before cardio?

Or i would be actually burning muscle instead of fat wouldnt i?

Thanks again for all this help

Markio

Markio

Awards
the whole post workout window of oppourtunity thing has been handed down along with other platitudes and is now just taken as fact by most people. There was a great post on here debating this, i'll post a link if i can find it

musclebound06

Awards
Just reading lots of different views on food after cardio and eanted some more views here!

After 45 mins starved steady cardio in the morning i have a shake with 1 scoop whey 3 eggwhites, cayannne, 27g of oats and water straight after which is my breakfast but have just read the carbs straght after would cause an insulin spike?????? So should i wait?

i also do an hour cardio every other evening where ill have chicken and salad after how long should i leave it?

Should i have 1 schoop whey straight after and wait to eat?

thanks

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
insulin spikes are overrated. with oats as carb source, and protein taken with it, the spike is minimal

musclebound06

Awards
thanks for the quick responces its really helping me!

1 last question for now :)
Just finished cardio and had 200g of extra lean mince, 1 eggwhite and put on george forman to make burgers that would equal about 5g of fat maybe less after formans!

Would this be ok?

Cbe

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
fat is a bit less your enemy (most likely) than carbs. still you want to try and minimize trans fats, but 5g isn't bad

musclebound06

Awards
Markio excellent read

So from now on its 45 mins weights 20 mins crosstrainer then a 1 scoop shake!

Then half hour later dinner

That sound ok?

kakku85

Banned
Awards
Hy,
I just found this kool site for weight loss techniques and tips.
Its so easy and effective that you will see results in 2 weeks.
the site is: anabolicminds.com
Hope it helps you.
Enjoy...................................

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Is this guy for real? Seems like he went to every topic and posted this response...