My One Year Transformation (pics)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    gmc4180's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    380
    Rep Power
    4703
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    68.13%

    My One Year Transformation (pics)


    Alright guys, any comment critiques, etc are welcome.. I am 6'8" tall and 23 yrs old. I played 4 yrs varsity basketball through high school and was in phenomenal shape, but completely fell off track in college. I went over 4 years with very little physical activity. Last May, that all changed..
    First up are my starting pics. Immediately below are pics taken yesterday.

    ***EDIT: As promised updated pics. Attached is the first. The rest will be up on Friday. I'm not where I want to be, and I've had setbacks but then I look at my starting pics. I WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE.

    May 11, 2007 (Start)
    Starting Weight: 287 lbs



    May 11, 2008
    Weight (After 1 YR): 238 lbs



    May 11, 2009
    Current Weight: 234 lbs
    Attached Images Attached Images      

  2. Professional Member
    pmiller383's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,005
    Rep Power
    2670
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    75.45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Awesome job dude!
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  3. New Member
    ofwolfandman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    125
    Rep Power
    144
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    14.49%

    wow....awesome
    •   
       

  4. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11681
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    47.73%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    nice change man!
  5. New Member
    sf9ersfan8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    164
    Rep Power
    180
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    14.73%

    congrats man
  6. Senior Member
    Red Dog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,165
    Rep Power
    39388
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    59.62%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    great job!
  7. PES Rep
    Delta Force's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,791
    Rep Power
    237108
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    84.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    congrats on a job well done!
  8. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,759
    Rep Power
    1040290

    Good for you man
  9. New Member
    ranel2220's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191.8 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    136
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    39.77%

    good job, ill be inspired
  10. New Member
    gmc4180's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    380
    Rep Power
    4703
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    68.13%

    Thanks everybody! I'm going to slowly start a clean bulk phase. Now that I've shed a good bit of fat, I'd like to add some muscle. I have to be careful to keep my diet clean enough that I don't blow my progress.

    One thing I'm proud of is that even though I didn't gain strength (after the initial month back), there was ZERO loss in strength the past 11 months while steadily dropping weight.
  11. Registered User
    RedwolfWV's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,258
    Rep Power
    1988
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    33.47%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Wow! Very well done!
  12. New Member
    gmc4180's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    380
    Rep Power
    4703
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    68.13%

    Here's a rough ouline of my diet for those interested:


    6:00 AM Wake Up

    6:15 AM Protein Shake (50g Whey)

    6:30 AM 5 Eggs Scrambled (3 yolks)

    10:00 AM Handful of nuts Almonds, Peanuts, etc (1-2 oz)

    12:00 PM Lean Turkey or Chicken Whole Wheat Sandwich (10-12oz meat)

    3:00 PM Protein Bar (VPX Zero Impact or Met-RX Protein Plus)

    6:15 PM Pre-Workout Meal (Cup Oatmeal w/ 1/4 cup walnuts + banana)

    8:45 PM 10-16 oz chicken/beef/salmon with broccoli and/or sweet potato

    10:30 PM Lights out (Bed)
  13. New Member
    dadream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    341
    Rep Power
    278
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    33.15%

    Great job man thanks for posting your pics. You look a few years younger now than a year ago. I'm sure you'll be an inspiration to many here. +Reps for your awesome transformation keep up the good work.
  14. Professional Member
    Cellardude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,348
    Rep Power
    32272
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    2.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    thats an AWESOME transformation lol. Im still working on mine! Ill have one of these things up in 2009. My 2 year transformation pics 8)
  15. Elite Member
    GMG760's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,709
    Rep Power
    4041
    Level
    53
    Lv. Percent
    87.82%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    That is some dedication and hard work right there! Proof is in the pictures. Job well done my friend.
  16. Senior Member
    Manimalia's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,473
    Rep Power
    817
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    93.58%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Cellardude View Post
    thats an AWESOME transformation lol. Im still working on mine! Ill have one of these things up in 2009. My 2 year transformation pics 8)
    cellardude, who is that woman in your avatar?! oh and GREAT job to the OP>
  17. New Member
    arizonanewbie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    210
    Rep Power
    188
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    69.55%

    you are gonna be a beast when you are through. Keep us posted. What is your workout gonna look like?
  18. New Member
    gmc4180's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    380
    Rep Power
    4703
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    68.13%

    Thanks again everybody. Any suggestions on a workout for a bulk? I know I should be working compound movements. I have to say though being 6'8", my long a$$ arms make it hard to push heavy weight
  19. Elite Member
    GMG760's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,709
    Rep Power
    4041
    Level
    53
    Lv. Percent
    87.82%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by gmc4180 View Post
    Thanks again everybody. Any suggestions on a workout for a bulk? I know I should be working compound movements. I have to say though being 6'8", my long a$$ arms make it hard to push heavy weight
    I have to agree that some of the heavy stuff is tougher to move with longer limbs (I am only 6' tall, but I have noticed the same dilemma when doing squats and bench press), but keep at it, the strength comes with time. I have to constantly remind myself that I am only twenty four and my strength won't hit it's peak until I am in my early to mid thirties. If you start training hard now, you will be strong as **** in the future.:clean:
  20. Senior Member
    shaddow's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,386
    Rep Power
    1325
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    75.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Awesome progress, bro! Congrats!
  21. New Member
    crpav's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    192
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    60.59%

    Wow, very nice job sir.
  22. Professional Member
    jminis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4,023
    Rep Power
    2189
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    46.84%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    well done
  23. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    47
    Posts
    31,879
    Rep Power
    778120
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    28.64%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    nice job!
  24. New Member
    gmc4180's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    380
    Rep Power
    4703
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    68.13%

    Thanks everybody! As I start bulking, I think I'm going to run less and jump rope more. I LOVE to jump rope and am damn good at it. :bruce2:
  25. Elite Member
    GMG760's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,709
    Rep Power
    4041
    Level
    53
    Lv. Percent
    87.82%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by gmc4180 View Post
    Thanks everybody! As I start bulking, I think I'm going to run less and jump rope more. I LOVE to jump rope and am damn good at it. :bruce2:
    Just remember you gotta keep those calories above what you are burning off by doing your cardio. It's hard to watch yourself get soft after all that hard work to lose weight, but most people can't make serious gains without a bit of fat on 'em. I keep my cardio to 2 days a week when I am bulking, I only do that for blood pressure/general health reasons, not to stay lean.
    ...GMG760 Version 2.0 ... Back from the dead.
  26. New Member
    gmc4180's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    380
    Rep Power
    4703
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    68.13%

    Quote Originally Posted by GMG760 View Post
    Just remember you gotta keep those calories above what you are burning off by doing your cardio. It's hard to watch yourself get soft after all that hard work to lose weight, but most people can't make serious gains without a bit of fat on 'em. I keep my cardio to 2 days a week when I am bulking, I only do that for blood pressure/general health reasons, not to stay lean.
    I know I've gotten into such a cardio groove, it's going to be hard to back off. I think the toughest part will be eating above maintenance calories, and keeping them CLEAN. I have no problem housing 4 - 5k calories but making sure its wholesome food and not crap will be the challenge.
  27. Elite Member
    GMG760's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,709
    Rep Power
    4041
    Level
    53
    Lv. Percent
    87.82%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by gmc4180 View Post
    I know I've gotten into such a cardio groove, it's going to be hard to back off. I think the toughest part will be eating above maintenance calories, and keeping them CLEAN. I have no problem housing 4 - 5k calories but making sure its wholesome food and not crap will be the challenge.
    At least you know that. I have a few friends that go to the gym with me and don't understand why they can't see their abs, but they eat pizza 3 times a week. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love a good cheeseburger, but keep it to the cheat meals, and even then keep those sensible.

    It IS hard though, these days not to get caught up in eating out especially as a young person with a social life.

    Get used to eating brown rice and oatmeal... and a lot of it. Eating eventually becomes a mechanism when you get into the swing of things. I am at the end of my first real "planned" bulk. Put food in front of me and I become a machine... just put it on your plate and finish it. Cook healthy, and cook big... I try to cook a few meals at a time if I have the ability to, that way I don't have to bust out in the kitchen, my food just needs to be heated up... I think having to cook is what drives a lot of people to slouch on their diets. Eat red meat too, I don't know why, whether it is the iron or the zinc or what, but red meat makes me feel stronger and more like I am growing than white meats do. It could just be my imagination, but I swear by red meat when trying to get bigger... not as much when trying to cut down.
    ...GMG760 Version 2.0 ... Back from the dead.
  28. New Member
    sreed11's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    25
    Posts
    343
    Rep Power
    257
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    29.44%

    Quote Originally Posted by GMG760 View Post
    At least you know that. I have a few friends that go to the gym with me and don't understand why they can't see their abs, but they eat pizza 3 times a week. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love a good cheeseburger, but keep it to the cheat meals, and even then keep those sensible.

    It IS hard though, these days not to get caught up in eating out especially as a young person with a social life.

    Get used to eating brown rice and oatmeal... and a lot of it. Eating eventually becomes a mechanism when you get into the swing of things. I am at the end of my first real "planned" bulk. Put food in front of me and I become a machine... just put it on your plate and finish it. Cook healthy, and cook big... I try to cook a few meals at a time if I have the ability to, that way I don't have to bust out in the kitchen, my food just needs to be heated up... I think having to cook is what drives a lot of people to slouch on their diets. Eat red meat too, I don't know why, whether it is the iron or the zinc or what, but red meat makes me feel stronger and more like I am growing than white meats do. It could just be my imagination, but I swear by red meat when trying to get bigger... not as much when trying to cut down.

    Ya man i feel that way with the red meat too. I thought it was just in my head but i just feel bigger and stronger in general after eating red meat.
  29. New Member
    arizonanewbie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    210
    Rep Power
    188
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    69.55%

    You must have to jump a long-a$$ rope!
  30. New Member
    gmc4180's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    380
    Rep Power
    4703
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    68.13%

    Quote Originally Posted by GMG760 View Post
    At least you know that. I have a few friends that go to the gym with me and don't understand why they can't see their abs, but they eat pizza 3 times a week. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love a good cheeseburger, but keep it to the cheat meals, and even then keep those sensible.

    It IS hard though, these days not to get caught up in eating out especially as a young person with a social life.

    Get used to eating brown rice and oatmeal... and a lot of it. Eating eventually becomes a mechanism when you get into the swing of things. I am at the end of my first real "planned" bulk. Put food in front of me and I become a machine... just put it on your plate and finish it. Cook healthy, and cook big... I try to cook a few meals at a time if I have the ability to, that way I don't have to bust out in the kitchen, my food just needs to be heated up... I think having to cook is what drives a lot of people to slouch on their diets. Eat red meat too, I don't know why, whether it is the iron or the zinc or what, but red meat makes me feel stronger and more like I am growing than white meats do. It could just be my imagination, but I swear by red meat when trying to get bigger... not as much when trying to cut down.
    I LOVE oatmeal. I've been eating the following as my preworkout meal for the past 4 month's on my cut (with the help of P-Slin):

    1 cup of Oatmeal
    1/2 cup Walnuts
    2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
    1 Tbsp Cinnamon
    1 Tsp of Honey OR Molasses
    1 Medium Banana
  31. New Member
    gmc4180's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    380
    Rep Power
    4703
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    68.13%

    Quote Originally Posted by arizonanewbie View Post
    You must have to jump a long-a$$ rope!
    11ft
  32. Elite Member
    GMG760's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,709
    Rep Power
    4041
    Level
    53
    Lv. Percent
    87.82%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by gmc4180 View Post
    I LOVE oatmeal.

    Me too dude. I eat a bowl 3 times a day. Easiest, fastest way to get your carbs in... for me at least. One of the rare healthy things you can prepare with just a microwave. Plus you can make it taste like anything you want (or nothing , like I prefer half the time) w/out adding too much unhealthy sugars/fats.
    ...GMG760 Version 2.0 ... Back from the dead.
  33. Advanced Member
    SokVichet's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    34
    Posts
    869
    Rep Power
    529
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    2.96%

    Quote Originally Posted by GMG760 View Post
    Me too dude. I eat a bowl 3 times a day. Easiest, fastest way to get your carbs in... for me at least. One of the rare healthy things you can prepare with just a microwave. Plus you can make it taste like anything you want (or nothing , like I prefer half the time) w/out adding too much unhealthy sugars/fats.
    Ah the microwave. Don't forget you can poach eggs in the microwave too. I couldn't believe it when i first saw my wife do this... I'd been skipping breakfast for so long (before I started working out) until I found you can scramble eggs in there, lol.

    Just scramble your eggs up with a half shell of water, heat for a minute, stir, heat for another 30 seconds or as long as it takes to finish (just eyeball it). if you dont take them out and stir at least once, they'll blow up on you.
  34. New Member
    ranel2220's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191.8 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    136
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    39.77%

    gmc4180, what kind of supps you took during your fat lost transformation???
  35. Elite Member
    GMG760's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,709
    Rep Power
    4041
    Level
    53
    Lv. Percent
    87.82%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by SokVichet View Post
    Ah the microwave. Don't forget you can poach eggs in the microwave too. I couldn't believe it when i first saw my wife do this... I'd been skipping breakfast for so long (before I started working out) until I found you can scramble eggs in there, lol.

    Just scramble your eggs up with a half shell of water, heat for a minute, stir, heat for another 30 seconds or as long as it takes to finish (just eyeball it). if you dont take them out and stir at least once, they'll blow up on you.
    Haha, funny story about eggs. I had eaten too many one morning about 3 weeks ago I was at the gym and lost my stomach during some squats. I only made it to the trashcan... and some girl who was doing abs on the bench behind me had to make her own run for the bathroom after seeing me lose it.

    I couldn't help but laugh. Finished my workout too... I haven't seen her since. Whatever. I like my gym empty anyway, more weights no waits.
    Last edited by GMG760; 05-14-2008 at 04:18 PM. Reason: forgot to put that I had eaten eggs and thats what I lost my stomach to.
    ...GMG760 Version 2.0 ... Back from the dead.
  36. New Member
    gmc4180's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    380
    Rep Power
    4703
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    68.13%

    Quote Originally Posted by ranel2220 View Post
    gmc4180, what kind of supps you took during your fat lost transformation???
    I ran several stacks and spent significant $$. Here were some of my famous stacks:

    Stack 1) RPM/IntraXcell/Poseiden/Kreaceps-XS

    Stack 2) RPM/Drive/Incarnate/SizeON

    Stack 3) ShredXS Hardcore/IntrABolic/P-Slin/Golden Finish/Napalm

    Current Stack) AP/Recreate/P-Slin/Lean Green/Stoked!/Cordygen VO-2
  37. New Member
    ranel2220's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191.8 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    136
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    39.77%

    ok thx, have you found that it speeded up your progress or no, because im about to make a big order and wanted to know if i need to spend all that $$$
  38. New Member
    gmc4180's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    380
    Rep Power
    4703
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    68.13%

    Here are my staples:

    - MST MVP-365
    - MST ZMK
    - Nature's Way Primadophilus Optima Probiotics (35 billion CFU)
    - Universal Animal Omega


    **I may be adding RPN's GUT Health to take in addition to the probiotics above.
  39. New Member
    gmc4180's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    380
    Rep Power
    4703
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    68.13%

    Quote Originally Posted by ranel2220 View Post
    ok thx, have you found that it speeded up your progress or no, because im about to make a big order and wanted to know if i need to spend all that $$$

    I just listed my staples. I truly feel these help keep me healthy at all times. The following supplements are WELL worth the $ IMHO either standalone or combined:

    In no particular order:

    1) Poseiden
    2) RPM
    3) Recreate
    4) DRIVE
    5) P-Slin
    6) PCS (Stoked!)
    7) IntrABolic
    8) Cordygen 5 / VO-2
  40. New Member
    gmc4180's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    380
    Rep Power
    4703
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    68.13%

    Quote Originally Posted by ranel2220 View Post
    ok thx, have you found that it speeded up your progress or no, because im about to make a big order and wanted to know if i need to spend all that $$$

    Are you looking to bulk or cut?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. my one year transformation
    By delsolrob in forum Pics
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 05-21-2012, 07:11 PM
  2. My 3 year transformation!
    By Spudpunx in forum Pics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-23-2009, 10:00 PM
  3. 1.5 year transformation 16
    By j0sh710 in forum Pics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-24-2008, 12:17 AM
  4. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-01-2007, 01:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in