My One Year Transformation (pics)

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
Alright guys, any comment critiques, etc are welcome.. I am 6'8" tall and 23 yrs old. I played 4 yrs varsity basketball through high school and was in phenomenal shape, but completely fell off track in college. I went over 4 years with very little physical activity. Last May, that all changed..
First up are my starting pics. Immediately below are pics taken yesterday.

***EDIT: As promised updated pics. Attached is the first. The rest will be up on Friday. I'm not where I want to be, and I've had setbacks but then I look at my starting pics. I WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE.

May 11, 2007 (Start)
Starting Weight: 287 lbs

May 11, 2008
Weight (After 1 YR): 238 lbs

May 11, 2009
Current Weight: 234 lbs

Attachments

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Awesome job dude!

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
Thanks everybody! I'm going to slowly start a clean bulk phase. Now that I've shed a good bit of fat, I'd like to add some muscle. I have to be careful to keep my diet clean enough that I don't blow my progress.

One thing I'm proud of is that even though I didn't gain strength (after the initial month back), there was ZERO loss in strength the past 11 months while steadily dropping weight.

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
Here's a rough ouline of my diet for those interested:

6:00 AM Wake Up

6:15 AM Protein Shake (50g Whey)

6:30 AM 5 Eggs Scrambled (3 yolks)

10:00 AM Handful of nuts Almonds, Peanuts, etc (1-2 oz)

12:00 PM Lean Turkey or Chicken Whole Wheat Sandwich (10-12oz meat)

3:00 PM Protein Bar (VPX Zero Impact or Met-RX Protein Plus)

6:15 PM Pre-Workout Meal (Cup Oatmeal w/ 1/4 cup walnuts + banana)

8:45 PM 10-16 oz chicken/beef/salmon with broccoli and/or sweet potato

10:30 PM Lights out (Bed)

dadream

dadream

Awards
  • Established
Great job man thanks for posting your pics. You look a few years younger now than a year ago. I'm sure you'll be an inspiration to many here. +Reps for your awesome transformation keep up the good work.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
thats an AWESOME transformation lol. Im still working on mine! Ill have one of these things up in 2009. My 2 year transformation pics 8)

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
That is some dedication and hard work right there! Proof is in the pictures. Job well done my friend.:head:

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
thats an AWESOME transformation lol. Im still working on mine! Ill have one of these things up in 2009. My 2 year transformation pics 8)
cellardude, who is that woman in your avatar?! oh and GREAT job to the OP>

arizonanewbie

arizonanewbie

Awards
you are gonna be a beast when you are through. Keep us posted. What is your workout gonna look like?

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
Thanks again everybody. Any suggestions on a workout for a bulk? I know I should be working compound movements. I have to say though being 6'8", my long a$$ arms make it hard to push heavy weight :D

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Thanks again everybody. Any suggestions on a workout for a bulk? I know I should be working compound movements. I have to say though being 6'8", my long a$$ arms make it hard to push heavy weight :D
I have to agree that some of the heavy stuff is tougher to move with longer limbs (I am only 6' tall, but I have noticed the same dilemma when doing squats and bench press), but keep at it, the strength comes with time. I have to constantly remind myself that I am only twenty four and my strength won't hit it's peak until I am in my early to mid thirties. If you start training hard now, you will be strong as **** in the future.:clean:

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
Thanks everybody! As I start bulking, I think I'm going to run less and jump rope more. I LOVE to jump rope and am damn good at it. :bruce2:

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Thanks everybody! As I start bulking, I think I'm going to run less and jump rope more. I LOVE to jump rope and am damn good at it. :bruce2:
Just remember you gotta keep those calories above what you are burning off by doing your cardio. It's hard to watch yourself get soft after all that hard work to lose weight, but most people can't make serious gains without a bit of fat on 'em. I keep my cardio to 2 days a week when I am bulking, I only do that for blood pressure/general health reasons, not to stay lean.

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
Just remember you gotta keep those calories above what you are burning off by doing your cardio. It's hard to watch yourself get soft after all that hard work to lose weight, but most people can't make serious gains without a bit of fat on 'em. I keep my cardio to 2 days a week when I am bulking, I only do that for blood pressure/general health reasons, not to stay lean.
I know I've gotten into such a cardio groove, it's going to be hard to back off. I think the toughest part will be eating above maintenance calories, and keeping them CLEAN. I have no problem housing 4 - 5k calories but making sure its wholesome food and not crap will be the challenge.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
I know I've gotten into such a cardio groove, it's going to be hard to back off. I think the toughest part will be eating above maintenance calories, and keeping them CLEAN. I have no problem housing 4 - 5k calories but making sure its wholesome food and not crap will be the challenge.
At least you know that. I have a few friends that go to the gym with me and don't understand why they can't see their abs, but they eat pizza 3 times a week. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love a good cheeseburger, but keep it to the cheat meals, and even then keep those sensible.

It IS hard though, these days not to get caught up in eating out especially as a young person with a social life.

Get used to eating brown rice and oatmeal... and a lot of it. Eating eventually becomes a mechanism when you get into the swing of things. I am at the end of my first real "planned" bulk. Put food in front of me and I become a machine... just put it on your plate and finish it. Cook healthy, and cook big... I try to cook a few meals at a time if I have the ability to, that way I don't have to bust out in the kitchen, my food just needs to be heated up... I think having to cook is what drives a lot of people to slouch on their diets. Eat red meat too, I don't know why, whether it is the iron or the zinc or what, but red meat makes me feel stronger and more like I am growing than white meats do. It could just be my imagination, but I swear by red meat when trying to get bigger... not as much when trying to cut down.

sreed11

sreed11

Awards
  • Established
At least you know that. I have a few friends that go to the gym with me and don't understand why they can't see their abs, but they eat pizza 3 times a week. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love a good cheeseburger, but keep it to the cheat meals, and even then keep those sensible.

It IS hard though, these days not to get caught up in eating out especially as a young person with a social life.

Get used to eating brown rice and oatmeal... and a lot of it. Eating eventually becomes a mechanism when you get into the swing of things. I am at the end of my first real "planned" bulk. Put food in front of me and I become a machine... just put it on your plate and finish it. Cook healthy, and cook big... I try to cook a few meals at a time if I have the ability to, that way I don't have to bust out in the kitchen, my food just needs to be heated up... I think having to cook is what drives a lot of people to slouch on their diets. Eat red meat too, I don't know why, whether it is the iron or the zinc or what, but red meat makes me feel stronger and more like I am growing than white meats do. It could just be my imagination, but I swear by red meat when trying to get bigger... not as much when trying to cut down.

Ya man i feel that way with the red meat too. I thought it was just in my head but i just feel bigger and stronger in general after eating red meat.

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established

I LOVE oatmeal. I've been eating the following as my preworkout meal for the past 4 month's on my cut (with the help of P-Slin):

1 cup of Oatmeal
1/2 cup Walnuts
2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp of Honey OR Molasses
1 Medium Banana

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
I LOVE oatmeal.

Me too dude. I eat a bowl 3 times a day. Easiest, fastest way to get your carbs in... for me at least. One of the rare healthy things you can prepare with just a microwave. Plus you can make it taste like anything you want (or nothing , like I prefer half the time) w/out adding too much unhealthy sugars/fats.

SokVichet

SokVichet

Awards
  • Established
Me too dude. I eat a bowl 3 times a day. Easiest, fastest way to get your carbs in... for me at least. One of the rare healthy things you can prepare with just a microwave. Plus you can make it taste like anything you want (or nothing , like I prefer half the time) w/out adding too much unhealthy sugars/fats.
Ah the microwave. Don't forget you can poach eggs in the microwave too. I couldn't believe it when i first saw my wife do this... I'd been skipping breakfast for so long (before I started working out) until I found you can scramble eggs in there, lol.

Just scramble your eggs up with a half shell of water, heat for a minute, stir, heat for another 30 seconds or as long as it takes to finish (just eyeball it). if you dont take them out and stir at least once, they'll blow up on you.

ranel2220

ranel2220

Awards
gmc4180, what kind of supps you took during your fat lost transformation???

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Ah the microwave. Don't forget you can poach eggs in the microwave too. I couldn't believe it when i first saw my wife do this... I'd been skipping breakfast for so long (before I started working out) until I found you can scramble eggs in there, lol.

Just scramble your eggs up with a half shell of water, heat for a minute, stir, heat for another 30 seconds or as long as it takes to finish (just eyeball it). if you dont take them out and stir at least once, they'll blow up on you.
Haha, funny story about eggs. I had eaten too many one morning about 3 weeks ago I was at the gym and lost my stomach during some squats. I only made it to the trashcan... and some girl who was doing abs on the bench behind me had to make her own run for the bathroom after seeing me lose it.

I couldn't help but laugh.:D Finished my workout too... I haven't seen her since. Whatever. I like my gym empty anyway, more weights no waits.

Last edited:

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
gmc4180, what kind of supps you took during your fat lost transformation???
I ran several stacks and spent significant $$. Here were some of my famous stacks:

Stack 1) RPM/IntraXcell/Poseiden/Kreaceps-XS

Stack 2) RPM/Drive/Incarnate/SizeON

Stack 3) ShredXS Hardcore/IntrABolic/P-Slin/Golden Finish/Napalm

Current Stack) AP/Recreate/P-Slin/Lean Green/Stoked!/Cordygen VO-2

ranel2220

ranel2220

Awards
ok thx, have you found that it speeded up your progress or no, because im about to make a big order and wanted to know if i need to spend all that $$$

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
Here are my staples:

- MST MVP-365
- MST ZMK
- Nature's Way Primadophilus Optima Probiotics (35 billion CFU)
- Universal Animal Omega

**I may be adding RPN's GUT Health to take in addition to the probiotics above.

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
ok thx, have you found that it speeded up your progress or no, because im about to make a big order and wanted to know if i need to spend all that $$$

I just listed my staples. I truly feel these help keep me healthy at all times. The following supplements are WELL worth the $ IMHO either standalone or combined:

In no particular order:

1) Poseiden
2) RPM
3) Recreate
4) DRIVE
5) P-Slin
6) PCS (Stoked!)
7) IntrABolic
8) Cordygen 5 / VO-2

SokVichet

SokVichet

Awards
  • Established
Haha, funny story about eggs. I had eaten too many one morning about 3 weeks ago I was at the gym and lost my stomach during some squats. I only made it to the trashcan... and some girl who was doing abs on the bench behind me had to make her own run for the bathroom after seeing me lose it.

I couldn't help but laugh.:D Finished my workout too... I haven't seen her since. Whatever. I like my gym empty anyway, more weights no waits.
Hehe, that's an idea... My gym is far too packed these summer months :p

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
Hehe, that's an idea... My gym is far too packed these summer months :p

Tell me about it... Enrollment has probably doubled since May 1st! Friday's are still my favorite day though. The gym is a ghost town for those 24 hrs. Then Saturday morning back to chaos!!

Bobby Lee

Awards
Awesome, just awesome. .. your chest rounded out and everything. You definetly took some years off your looks. Good job dude

FOOFAC

FOOFAC

Awards
  • Established
Here's one critique for ya, you're fvcking tall! We'd look pretty funny stood next to each other. lol
You've done a great job man. It takes serious dedication to make a real transformation so congrats. I would smart bulk if I was you. You have some weakness that I can see so in addition to bulking I would try to also bring those weak areas up so that you don't create an even greater imbalance. A balanced physique looks awesome no matter what stage of development you're at. Give these a little extra; upper pecs, lats, posterior delts, triceps and claves. You can either do more work volume for these areas or place them at the beginning of their training days to up the intensity. Keep up the good work man!

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
Here's one critique for ya, you're fvcking tall! We'd look pretty funny stood next to each other. lol
You've done a great job man. It takes serious dedication to make a real transformation so congrats. I would smart bulk if I was you. You have some weakness that I can see so in addition to bulking I would try to also bring those weak areas up so that you don't create an even greater imbalance. A balanced physique looks awesome no matter what stage of development you're at. Give these a little extra; upper pecs, lats, posterior delts, triceps and claves. You can either do more work volume for these areas or place them at the beginning of their training days to up the intensity. Keep up the good work man!
Hey man thanks for the detailed response! I'll take your suggestions as I add some lean MASS back onto my frame. Good observations!

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Wow! from zero to hero!!!

I would start packing on that muscle now ;)