Simeons Protocol Review - HCG Diet

badfish51581

badfish51581

Awards
  • Established
Simeons Protocol Review - HCG Diet

Here is my review of Simeons Protocol/HCG Diet. There is a lot of controversy around this diet, mostly because Kevin Trudeau attached his name to this diet by writing a book called "The Weight Loss Cure." Actually, he discovered the protocol and then added a bunch of his own ideas on how to improve it and wrote a book about it. The original protocol created by Dr. Simeons is much older and has nothing to do with him.

Background: I've been weight training consistently since junior high and seriously off and on for the last 4 years or so. Last January I moved to New York from California for a new job. Between trying to get my affairs in order, 6 months of going away parties, being in a much more stressful job, working long hours, not having typical grocery stores - I had gained around 40 pounds. I'm a classic endomorph, so gaining muscle is easy, but so is fat, especially when I really enjoy eating and drinking. Over the last few months, I have finally fallen back into a consistent weight training/cardio routine with much healthier eating habits through sheer will. Living in Brooklyn and working in Manhattan without typical grocery stores (only corner markets) makes it difficult to eat healthy as my options aren't what I was used to living in the San Francisco Bay Area. Over the last few months, I have steadily been dropping weight, but it has been slow going at 2-4 pounds per month. At my heaviest, I weighed around 258 and had dropped down to 246.5 when I started the diet.

Reason for Choosing Simeons Protocol: I'm an open minded individual, who despite that remains empirically skeptical. When it comes to supplements, training routines, diets, etc, I look for two things: Scientific Data and Real World Feedback. A lot of times, these things are based on bro-science, self-proclaimed guru babble, or other irrelevant data. Other times they're based on legit science, but never seem to pan out in the real world. I found Simeons Protocol extremely interesting for two reasons. People who have actually gone through it and provide feedback overwhelmingly speak very highly of it. I have seen enough logs and reviews (with pictures) that it's obvious there is something to it. Also, the people who speak poorly of it, almost never have gone through the diet. My overall impression is that it has extremely positive feedback after you sift through all of it. The second thing that caught my eye was that a doctor was actual using this in a clinical setting and attained consistent results. It was at that point I started going through any all of the studies I could find on it. After reading abstracts, you'll find that the results are extremely inconclusive, but if you go through the actual studies you'll realize the ones that have discredited the protocol did not follow the strict guidelines of it. So, after pricing it out, I figured what the hell, and might as well try it because I'm just straight up fat.

About Dr. Simeons: A.T.W. Simeons, MD, was born in London and graduated in medicine (summa cum laude) from the University of Heidelberg. After post-graduate studies in Germany and Switzerland he was appointed to a large hospital near Dresden. Later he became engrossed in the study of tropical diseases and joined The School of Tropical Medicine in Hamburg.

In 1931 Dr. Simeons went to India and stayed for eighteen years. He discovered the use of injectable atebrin for malaria (for which he was awarded a Red Cross Order of Merit) and also a new method of staining malaria parasites, which is now known as "simeons Stain".

During the War he held several important posts under the Government of India and conducted extensive research on bubonic plague and leprosy control, and a model leper colony which he built has now become an all-India center. It was during these years that his interest in psychosomatic diseases began to grow.

In 1949 Dr. Simeons left India and went to Rome, where he now works on psychosomatic disorders at the Salvator Mundi International Hospital. He is the author of several medical books and has contributed to many scientific publications.

Dr Simeons Protocol Forward (Pounds & Inches): I recommend anyone interested read the entire manuscript. I'll summarize as best as possible using selections from it.

This book discusses a new interpretation of the nature of obesity, and while it does not advocate yet another fancy slimming diet it does describe a method of treatment which has grown out of theoretical considerations based on clinical observation.

What I have to say is an essence of views distilled out of forty years of grappling with the fundamental problems of obesity, its causes, its symptoms, and its very nature. In these many years of specialized work thousands of cases have passed through my hands and were carefully studied. Every new theory, every new method, every promising lead was considered, experimentally screened and critically evaluated as soon as it became known. But invariably the results were disappointing and lacking in uniformity.

I felt that we were merely nibbling at the fringe of a great problem, as, indeed, do most serious students of overweight. We have grown pretty sure that the tendency to accumulate abnormal fat is a very definite metabolic disorder, much as is, for instance, diabetes. Yet the localization and the nature of this disorder remained a mystery. Every new approach seemed to lead into a blind alley, and though patients were told that they are fat because they eat too much, we believed that this is neither the whole truth nor the last word in the matter.?

To make the text more readable I shall be unashamedly authoritative and avoid all the hedging and tentativeness with which it is customary to express new scientific concepts grown out of clinical experience and not as yet confirmed by clear-cut laboratory experiments. Thus, when I make what reads like a factual statement, the professional reader may have to translate into: clinical experience seems to suggest that such and such an observation might be tentatively explained by such and such a working hypothesis, requiring a vast amount of further research before the hypothesis can be considered a valid theory. If we can from the outset establish this as a mutually accepted convention, I hope to avoid being accused of speculative exuberance.
Dr Simeons Protocol Summary (Pounds & Inches): The concept of this diet is based mainly this observation made by Dr. Simeons.

It is, for instance, well known that during pregnancy an obese woman can very easily lose weight. She can drastically reduce her diet without feeling hunger or discomfort and lose weight without in any way harming the child in her womb. It is also surprising to what extent a woman can suffer from pregnancy-vomiting without coming to any real harm.

Pregnancy is an obese woman's one great chance to reduce her excess weight. That she so rarely makes use of this opportunity is due to the erroneous notion, usually fostered by her elder relations, that she now has ?two mouths to feed? and must ?keep up her strength for the coming event. All modern obstetricians know that this is nonsense and that the more superfluous fat is lost the less difficult will be the confinement, though some still hesitate to prescribe a diet sufficiently low in Calories to bring about a drastic reduction.

Only when the fat which is in transit under the effect of HCG is actually consumed can more fat be withdrawn from the fixed deposits. In pregnancy it would be most undesirable if the fetus were offered ample food only when there is a high influx from the intestinal tract. Ideal nutritional conditions for the fetus can only be achieved when the mother's blood is continually saturated with food, regardless of whether she eats or not, as otherwise a period of starvation might hamper the steady growth of the embryo. It seems that HCG brings about this continual saturation of the blood, which is the reason why obese patients under treatment with HCG never feel hungry in spite of their drastically reduced food intake.
Simeons Protocol: The protocol is basically 125 iu daily injections of HCG combined with a 500 calorie a day diet. My diet consisted of:

Meal 1 - Apple
Meal 2 - 100 grams of chicken in salad
Meal 3 - Apple
Meal 4 - 100 grams of chicken in broth with celery

My Review: I'm actually quite impressed. In 30 days, I have lost 31.5 pounds. My room-mate in 30 days, lost 40 pounds. Unfortunately, I did not take body-fat measurements before and after, so I can't speak to actual composition changes. However, a few things did strike me a significant. The first being that I did not lose and strength and actually got stronger on some lifts. I purposely took creatine to maintain strength, but despite the severe calorie restriction, my muscles did not suffer that much. The second significant thing that I noticed is lack of hunger. I get extremely irritated when hungry, which would usually only take a few hours of an empty stomach. While taking the HCG I did not suffer from severe hunger pangs. I did experience occasional and mild hunger pangs, but nothing compared to what would be expected. I did however really miss eating, which was great for me because it helped me separate the psychological and physical cravings much more clearly.

Overall, I would recommend it. I think the real dispute comes it whether or not the HCG has any effect as you should expect people to lose weight on a Very Low Calorie Diet.

Controversy: I don't think that most people would question whether or not it's effective. Based on the actual research done, the many logs accessible on the internet, and my personal experience with myself and my room-mate, I don't question it's effectiveness. The real question is whether or not the HCG has anything to do with it. I'm not going to be so naive to make statements of fact based on my assessment, but I will note observations that I find interesting. What I find more interesting though are the natural conclusions that can be drawn based on the rationale, no matter what side of the debate you're on.

Hunger: Common knowledge within this community would tell you that someone of my size eating only 500 calories a day should be starving. Even from personal experience, just missing a meal was enough to make me very irritated and hungry. Yet, I found it relatively easy to maintain this diet. More than anything I actually missed eating good food. I had no idea the extent of my enjoyment of eating. Both my room-mate and I were able to distinguish much more clearly between psychological cravings and actual hunger pangs. At one point we both increased on dosage and noticed a decreased appetite. I wouldn't rule out placebo effect by any means, but I think this was significant. Perhaps I've under-estimated my own will power, but I find the lack of hunger to a very compelling observation for HCG.

Metabolism Drop: Common knowledge in this community also states that my metabolism should have come to a complete stop eating 500 calories a day and weight loss should slow making it harder to lose weight. Whether you believe HCG had any effect or not, controversial conclusions can be drawn. Because either the HCG helped release fat stores, or despite the extreme calorie deficient my metabolism couldn't have come to a stop because I continued to lose weight.

Fatigue: On diet like this, most people would assume fatigue would severely set in. Both my room-mate and I suffered very little fatigue. I would say that by the end of my workouts I felt slightly more tired than usual, but nothing significant to note. My strength stayed high on this diet (with creatine) and my workouts did not suffer. I would say that my stamina was not the best, but it was equal to a keto diet which makes me think it had more to do with low glycogen levels.

Muscle vs Fat Loss: I can't provide any substantial evidence for this either way since I did not take body-fat measurements. I continued to weight train heavily while on this diet. With the addition of creatine, I lost no strength and actually improved on all of my lifts. I'm not sure conclusively how much muscle loss can occur with strength increases at the same-time, but I would assume it should be small. Even if I did lose substantial muscle, I'm not sure how upset I am because my strength increased the entire time. This can either be chalked up to HCG or perhaps we need to re-consider recommendations for people in the 20%+ body-fat range when it comes to losing weight. Perhaps an extreme calorie restricted diet is the quickest way to shed body-fat and combined with creatine, muscle mass (or at least strength) can be preserved.

Like I said, I'm not going to make any conclusions. I wanted to post this review because I think some interesting discussions could probably result from it. As I mentioned before, I'm not going to make broad generalizations about human physiology based on my limited experience on this diet, but I do believe a 31.5 pound loss in 30 days, while improving strength speaks for itself.

The real question is what will happen in the next 30-60 days regarding my overall changes.

Joe

pnavar

Awards
HCG diet review

Your review is spot on.

I am a progressive physician in Utah who has used the HCG diet, following the Simeon protocol (I don't get into the fluff from the Trudeau book) very successfully in about 40 of my patients. About 60% were women. Highest weight loss for the 40 day cycle was 38lbs., the lowest was 8 lbs in a patient who was somewhat non-compliant. Average weight loss was about 26 lbs. We supported the dieters with a lipo/B-12 injection and weigh -in weekly. The accountability with the weekly weigh-in was an important factor in determining success. Most patients had an improved energy level, better sense of well being and significantly less hunger than other patients that I have put on similar VLCD diets without HCG.

I'd love to publish my data but there isn't a conventional medical journal in the country that would touch it. Because of the controversy associated with it, I only offer it to my established patients who are willing to follow the instructions to the letter, and see us in our office once a week. But I can add to the attestations that it works, for whatever reason.

badfish51581

badfish51581

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the feedback. I think it's interesting that there seems to be so much resistance to the protocol. I'm not sure if it's because of the inconclusive results with a few of the studies, but it's too bad see it appears to be relatively effective.

pnavar

Awards
As an update to my earlier post, I've now run about 250 patients through this diet. Avg. starting weight is 185 lbs., (70% are women) 80% can go the full 40 days. Of the 80%, the avg. weight loss is about 25 pounds. Most patients keep the weight off, too.

(I'm sorry that I cannot respond to PMs at this time as I have only posted a few times on this forum)

conan1071

Awards
  • Established
my friend did this and did NO exercise, just followed everything else. she lost like 86 pounds in about 2 months, i didnt even recognize her

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Great feedback and cool thread. I'm hesitant to undertake this sort of protocol because most of the subjects that studied are obese. Ton of fat, very little muscle. Catabolism isn't an issue or really a concern for women.

bump for more feedback

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
decided to hit up Youtube for feedback, mainly obese women... but this dude looks fairly solid and dropped 20lbs in 17days thus far

YouTube - roaringlion29's Channel

Kevin Trudeau has been in jail 2 times for credit card fraud and bank fraud... sooo much controversy around this stuff.. ugh can't decide

edit: This looks promising... a lot of positive feedback from the well informed on Amazon... regardless if that sh1tbag Trudeau is exploiting it

740 posts in a thread 'HCG Success Stories'
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/hCG-Success-Stories/forum/Fx21UTZ9E9YYDLN/Tx36QM0CTLLPQKY/1/ref=cm_cd_sylt_tft_tp?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=097878510X]Amazon.com: Customer Discussions: hCG Success Stories![/ame]

Last edited:

conan1071

Awards
  • Established
update.

my friend who did this last year lost about 86 pounds in about3 months following the protocol without exercise. here it is a year later and i saw her last night, she still looks good and trim, no loose skin i almost didnt recognize her

mpamelat

Awards
HCG Diet

What do you recommend to those of us who are interested in the diet but don't have good guidance like you provide for your patients? I am hoping to lose 15 lbs. I live in Manhattan, NY. Thanks for your time.

Also, can you expand on the lipo/B-12 injection?

Pamela

(meant for pnavar)

pnavar

Awards
I have lots of patients who only needed to lose 15 to 25 lbs. They were able to do it very quickly, usually by doing the diet for 23 days, which is the shortest i would recommend.

We don't follow Trudeau's book, I think he added a lot of fluff that is really unnecessary, mostly to sell his book. We use Simeons' original protocol and his published writings and studies as a roadmap/guide, plus we have refined it based on our experience.

A lot of athletes have used the diet to help get their body fat percentage down into a more competitive range. While it is harder to lose weight when your body fat percentage is already fairly normal, than if one is obese, the diet supplemented with protein when necessary allows a higher percentage of fat loss relative to water loss and muscle mass loss. For example, one of my patients is a professional cyclist who wanted to be a better climber and used the diet to lose about 10lbs while maintaining his lean muscle mass.

DemonicPrime

Awards
pnavar: Does your client follow daily or weekly injections? And how has the weight loss been for your male clients? Thanks

pnavar

Awards
Daily injections, easily self-administered. The total weight loss seems to be directly proportional to the starting weight, (see my earlier post on my stats) so heavier guys naturally lose more weight on the diet, gals who already wear a size 8 and want to go to a size 4 not as much weight as you can imagine and it will often take the full 40 days for these women to drop 10 lbs. But the nice thing is it is mostly fat loss. (We target a specific body fat %, waist and hip circumference and keep track of body fat % with a bioimpedence scale and calipers)

pnavar

Awards
With regard to the weekly weigh-in and lipo/B-12 injections: that comes from standard bariatric clinic practice. Some studies (not all) have shown that the lipo/B-12 helps support energy levels and well-being while on a significant calorie restriction diet. In truth, it helps get the patients into the clinic to weigh and get measured and thus helps with accountability and our ability to keep patients on track.

BifWebster

Awards
interesting stuff.... does the hcg do anything for appetite supression and how much because the calorie range seems damn low

pnavar

Awards
In my experience, the HCG does seem to attenuate hunger a bit. HCG is known to raise adiponectin levels, that might be how it works in this regard. I offer conventional prescription appetite suppressants to my dieting patients. Not all need them or use them, though.

badfish51581

badfish51581

Awards
  • Established
Great feedback and cool thread. I'm hesitant to undertake this sort of protocol because most of the subjects that studied are obese. Ton of fat, very little muscle. Catabolism isn't an issue or really a concern for women.

bump for more feedback
I agree catabolism is an issue. I think adding in creatine and lifting HEAVY helped significantly as I did this and lost little strength whereas my room-mate didn't lift or take creatine and lost significant muscle mass. Funny that you mentioned because I was going to go another round in Feb/March with the addition of Hdrol to combat the catabolism issue.

badfish51581

badfish51581

Awards
  • Established
interesting stuff.... does the hcg do anything for appetite supression and how much because the calorie range seems damn low
I felt like it did, but I can't say anything conclusively. At the time that I did this, I was in a competition with my room-mate and I think that added a lot to my commitment level. Personally, if it's a concern I would through in some ephedrine or hoodia for appetite suppression.

mpamelat

Awards
Hi Joe: I found a great doctor in AZ to help us. She and her assistant, both former hCG dieters with success, is guiding me and sent prepared syringes and lots of info. I have read Pounds and Inches by Simones.
I am in day 12 - I have lost 7 lbs. Like you I miss eating but I work hard at making my small portions tasty; I am pretty amazed at how my hunger is managable.
Can you give me an update re your maintenance? Did you do the 3 weeks of no starch/sugar? I'm intimidated. Don't know if I can do the no sugar.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Pamela

badfish51581

badfish51581

Awards
  • Established
Hi Joe: I found a great doctor in AZ to help us. She and her assistant, both former hCG dieters with success, is guiding me and sent prepared syringes and lots of info. I have read Pounds and Inches by Simones.
I am in day 12 - I have lost 7 lbs. Like you I miss eating but I work hard at making my small portions tasty; I am pretty amazed at how my hunger is managable.
Can you give me an update re your maintenance? Did you do the 3 weeks of no starch/sugar? I'm intimidated. Don't know if I can do the no sugar.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Pamela
I basically did the south beach diet afterwards - which is really just sound dieting based on similar principles to simmeons. You should check it out because there's tons of really good cookbooks and eating good tasting food after this diet is going to help significantly.

The most important part I think is actually the 3rd phase of the simmeons protocol. I think most people are successful dieting down, but you're long term success (with any type of dieting) is going to be maintaining that new body weight for a period of at least a few months. And that's whether you're losing bodyfat or building muscle.

Good luck.

mpamelat

Awards
This is day 18 for me and the weight is creeping away now - 8 lbs lost. I am keeping up a good attitude but I am starting to feel really hungry. Did you stall during your first round? or start to feel too hungry?
I have lifted weights consistently now for 1 1/2 yrs; my trainer expresses that he sees no negative effect on my strength, but I am wiped out towards the end of work out.
I have heard only great things about South Beach; I will look into it. Thanks

badfish51581

badfish51581

Awards
  • Established
This is day 18 for me and the weight is creeping away now - 8 lbs lost. I am keeping up a good attitude but I am starting to feel really hungry. Did you stall during your first round? or start to feel too hungry?
I have lifted weights consistently now for 1 1/2 yrs; my trainer expresses that he sees no negative effect on my strength, but I am wiped out towards the end of work out.
I have heard only great things about South Beach; I will look into it. Thanks
I did have stalls. Typically, I would stall for 2-3 days, then every 3rd or 4th day I'd drop 2-3 lbs, rather than a consistent 1lb daily. I did feel hungry, but I felt is was more of a psychology hunger, rather than real hunger pains. I also was drinking a gallon of water a day.

I also actually stronger using the creatine during the cut, but was wiped out too. I felt the wiped out feelings were very similar to being on a keto diet. The south beach is solid dieting advice.

Good luck, keep us updated.

Joe

pnavar

Awards
With my patients, we use prescription appetite suppressants and fiber supplementation with water, such as psyllium seeds/powder, 1/2 hour before meals to help combat hunger and have found these 2 things to really help.

LifeSize

Awards
so what does the hCG do?

what does the diet look like?

badfish51581

badfish51581

Awards
  • Established
so hCG suppresses hunger allowing for such a comfortable ride at 500 calories a day? that's it? im wondering if it has any metabolic effects?
Well, it doesn't necessarily suppress hunger, but allows you to function comfortably on 500 calories a day because it releases nutrients into your blood constantly allowing you to live on your fat stores, rather than food ingestion.

What kind of metabolic effects are you referring too?

Conciliator

Conciliator

Awards
Thanks for the feedback. I think it's interesting that there seems to be so much resistance to the protocol.
Why is there so much resistance? Because hCG does jack shlt for fat loss. It's all the diet, which is essentially a protein sparing modified fast. Trudeau has got thousands of morons thinking that they're going to "cure" their obesity by taking hCG. BS, plain and simple. It irritates me that so many people are entertaining this "protocol".

Conciliator

Conciliator

Awards
Well, it doesn't necessarily suppress hunger, but allows you to function comfortably on 500 calories a day because it releases nutrients into your blood constantly allowing you to live on your fat stores, rather than food ingestion.
Don't think so. Research shows that in adults, hCG has no effect on the blood levels of free fatty acids or glucose. If you want something to stimulate lipolysis, take ephedrine and caffeine, not hCG.

badfish51581

badfish51581

Awards
  • Established
Why is there so much resistance? Because hCG does jack shlt for fat loss. It's all the diet, which is essentially a protein sparing modified fast. Trudeau has got thousands of morons thinking that they're going to "cure" their obesity by taking hCG. BS, plain and simple. It irritates me that so many people are entertaining this "protocol".
I don't necessarily disagree with you about HCG having no effect as I originally mentioned below.

I think the real dispute comes it whether or not the HCG has any effect as you should expect people to lose weight on a Very Low Calorie Diet.

Controversy: I don't think that most people would question whether or not it's effective. Based on the actual research done, the many logs accessible on the internet, and my personal experience with myself and my room-mate, I don't question it's effectiveness. The real question is whether or not the HCG has anything to do with it.
Either way though, I think the fact that whatever about it works challenges a lot of conventional wisdom because Very Low Calorie Diets are as frowned upon as taking HCG for weightloss.

mpamelat

Awards
Hi Joe and pnavar: It's day 35 for me and 10.8 lbs lost (down to 131.4 lbs); pnavar was right when he said losing 10-15 lbs for women would take the whole 42 days. Thought for sure I would be at goal 127 lbs by day 30.
I have had stalling all this week and even a gain but I am sticking to it. My strength training is going well and the loss is great for the definition. I have never had cut arms! Fun to see.
I am reading up on South Beach and have an telephone conference next week re Stage 3with my doc; honestly I'm scared of regaining. What's the truth? Am I going to gain 4, 5, 7 bls even if I stick to a healthly diet like South Beach and add daily cardio? I want to be realistic - going from 500 cal/day to 1200 cal/day - How can I not regain? Please advise.
Also, what appetite suppressants are you prescribing? and what psyillium seeds/power are you recommending? (I tend to be super sensitive to most Rx) I have been using benefiber in my water. It bloats me tremendously. Hate it.
Another ? - I suffer from chronic constipation naturally; this diet has made me more irregular than I already am. I drink about 64 oz of water/day. I currently drink senna tea and take 500 mg of Mg twice a week at night. With this I go once a week. Any suggestions?

mpamelat

Awards
HCG Diet

Can't PM.

Hi Dr. Navar:

Thanks for the encouragement. So far I am maintaining - bouncing from 131-133. I like skim cottage cheese, skim string cheese, almonds, pistashios, hard boiled eggs (like the white only and eat small portions). When I become more confident I want to add my high fiber cereal w/skim milk.

Do you ever recommend to your patients that have 5-7lbs additional to lose after a first round to do a second round of hCG (23 days)? If so, how long after first round?

Taking Magnesium 500 mg twice a day, senna herbal laxative, Fiber One supplements and lots of H20 to help with the regularity. Still having problems. Any advice? Thank you,

bassieapie

Awards
Hi Mpamelat. I don't understand why you just don;t read the book "pounds and inches". It is free and everything is in it. You can read it fully within 60 minutes, and be gone are most of your fears.

bassieapie

Awards
HCG does work!

Don't think so. Research shows that in adults, hCG has no effect on the blood levels of free fatty acids or glucose. If you want something to stimulate lipolysis, take ephedrine and caffeine, not hCG.
I think it is very ignorant to just suppose that all research being done, is done honestly and correctly. Bad science happens all the time and for many reasons. It is very clear that the researchers who researched the HCG Diet dit NOT follow Dr Simeons protocol. And once you have read that book (pounds and inches) you understand that you must follow the protocol EXACTLY. "Even seemingly insignificant deviations, particularly those that at first sight seem to be an improvement, are very liable to produce most disappointing results and even annul the effect completely.", that is what Dr. Simeons said. So how can you trust researchers who did not follow the protocol, but just injected HCG and gave a 500 cal diet? That obviously does not work.

I did the diet, and lost fat big time, without hunger. And it is just crazy that this diet isn't conventional yet, while it should be worldfamous! I know online and in real life many people who did this very successfully also. The HCG has NO negative side effects, even all the skeptical researchers admitted that! Really folks, this stuff works better then ANYTHING else. And I am saying this as someone who experienced this diet myself, nothing else. Nobody can make money of you if you do this diet. The book "pounds and inches" is free! The HCG you order has to be from abroad or by prescription because the FDA doesn't allow it to be sold for weight loss purposes. Not because it is unhealthy--that is "proven" scientifically. But, as you might understand why, what is more reliable and important to me, is it that it is proven by decades of personal experiences. So I suspect that fat and addicted people are just too good of a business. The only ones who are earning money on it are clinics. But that is a luxury. I just did it by myself, and my costs were 80 dollars for 33 lbs of weight lost in 45 days. To me that is a bargain. I'd pay 8000 or more if that would be necessary, but it is not fortunately!!!

There are people, believe it or not, who desire you to also be without unwanted fat, and to also be healthier and happier. The sooner that happens the better isn't it? It is a joy because your fat will disappear exactly from the places you don't want it, and redistributes evenly. And that is just cheerful! And during the diet you might really get a sense of the difference between physical and emotional desire for food. And let me tell you, it is very interesting to experience that for yourself. That is why I think appetite suppressants like hoodia are just unwise to use during this weight loss diet. Yes, it might also dissipate the emotional desire, bit then you lose the learning experience. You will NOT experience hunger if you follow the protocol. If you do have it, you do not use real HCG, or you burned all your abnormal (the opposite of functional) fat. The HCG only works when you have abnormal fat. When that is gone you will immediately be hungry again. And if you have taken the time to read the book (ALWAYS DO THIS BEFORE YOU START), you would know that by then, you have to stop immediately with the 500 cal diet and up it to 800 cal a day until you had a total of 23 HCG shots.

All the people who are condemning it NEVER tried it. And I understand that they do this, because it is not conventional. The telly didn't tell you that it is real, so it must not be real then. But it is very real, don't just believe me, do yourself a favor. Google it, Youtube it, try it. You will be glad you did it. Secondly..... Follow the protocol exactly!

It is crazy how the world is currently. Big pharma, big government, big lying central bankers, big fat people on MSG laden addictive junkfood. Oke, back to the diet.

The HCG protocol of Dr. Simeons (forget about all the other variants on it if you ask me) resets your metabolism, get's rid of your abnormal fat, makes you understand yourself and your desires better, and makes you healthier (just stay away from unnatural sweets, use Stevia instead).

Sounds to good to be true so it must not be true? Ah! Oke, then that is the truth you'll get. But if you start reading the book (just 60 tot 90 minutes minutes read), and you order your HCG from somewhere you trust it, you will lose the fat! No matter how fat (or skinny but with unevenly spread fat) you are. Dr. Simeons also invented the cure for malaria, and was very respected.

Oh, and stop being square, while you are at it.

Peace

ckey111

Awards
it works.if you want more info pm me i have a clinic and can get started today

badfish51581

badfish51581

Awards
  • Established
Hi Joe and pnavar: It's day 35 for me and 10.8 lbs lost (down to 131.4 lbs); pnavar was right when he said losing 10-15 lbs for women would take the whole 42 days. Thought for sure I would be at goal 127 lbs by day 30.
I have had stalling all this week and even a gain but I am sticking to it. My strength training is going well and the loss is great for the definition. I have never had cut arms! Fun to see.
I am reading up on South Beach and have an telephone conference next week re Stage 3with my doc; honestly I'm scared of regaining. What's the truth? Am I going to gain 4, 5, 7 bls even if I stick to a healthly diet like South Beach and add daily cardio? I want to be realistic - going from 500 cal/day to 1200 cal/day - How can I not regain? Please advise.
Also, what appetite suppressants are you prescribing? and what psyillium seeds/power are you recommending? (I tend to be super sensitive to most Rx) I have been using benefiber in my water. It bloats me tremendously. Hate it.
Another ? - I suffer from chronic constipation naturally; this diet has made me more irregular than I already am. I drink about 64 oz of water/day. I currently drink senna tea and take 500 mg of Mg twice a week at night. With this I go once a week. Any suggestions?
The speculation in the book goes as follows regarding weight gain. Although you're consuming 500 calories, you're releasing much more daily with the HCG, so it's equivalent to a 1,500-2,000 cal diet. When you discontinue the HCG and consume more calories, you end up with little net effect. At this point, you need to focus on maintaining through diet and exercise.

As far as digestive issue, I would check out Gut Health by RPN. It's a really solid product to use in addition to extra fiber.

Conciliator

Conciliator

Awards
I think it is very ignorant to just suppose that all research being done, is done honestly and correctly. Bad science happens all the time and for many reasons.
I'll tell you what's even more ignorant: assuming that something is the case when you have zero research supporting your position, and a lot of research opposing your position. It's morons like you who will discount every study against your claim without having a single reference supporting your claim. Tell me. Why was the study I posted bad science? I bet you didn't even look at it.
It is very clear that the researchers who researched the HCG Diet dit NOT follow Dr Simeons protocol.
What researchers are you talking about? What studies? How did they not follow Simeons protocol?

I'm sure you can't answer these questions, because you don't have a clue. You just throw the claim out there to try to discount all the research that has shown that hCG does jack **** for fat loss, or fat redistribution, or hunger, or mood. You've lost a ton of weight because you were on a protein sparing modified fast. If you had given yourself injections of water instead of hCG, the results would have been the same. How do I know that? Because that's exactly what controlled resesrch has shown will happen. For example: "Weight loss was identical between the two groups, and there was no evidence for differential effects on hunger, mood or localized body measurements. Placebo injections, therefore, appear to be as effective as HCG in the treatment of obesity."

And once you have read that book (pounds and inches) you understand that you must follow the protocol EXACTLY. "Even seemingly insignificant deviations, particularly those that at first sight seem to be an improvement, are very liable to produce most disappointing results and even annul the effect completely.", that is what Dr. Simeons said. So how can you trust researchers who did not follow the protocol, but just injected HCG and gave a 500 cal diet? That obviously does not work.
This is such a lame argument. If the hCG does something, then why doesn't it show up in the research? Because of "insignificiant deviations"? Give me a break. Deviations like what?
I did the diet, and lost fat big time, without hunger. And it is just crazy that this diet isn't conventional yet, while it should be worldfamous! I know online and in real life many people who did this very successfully also. The HCG has NO negative side effects, even all the skeptical researchers admitted that! Really folks, this stuff works better then ANYTHING else. And I am saying this as someone who experienced this diet myself, nothing else. Nobody can make money of you if you do this diet. The book "pounds and inches" is free! The HCG you order has to be from abroad or by prescription because the FDA doesn't allow it to be sold for weight loss purposes. Not because it is unhealthy--that is "proven" scientifically. But, as you might understand why, what is more reliable and important to me, is it that it is proven by decades of personal experiences. So I suspect that fat and addicted people are just too good of a business. The only ones who are earning money on it are clinics. But that is a luxury. I just did it by myself, and my costs were 80 dollars for 33 lbs of weight lost in 45 days. To me that is a bargain. I'd pay 8000 or more if that would be necessary, but it is not fortunately!!!
As someone who "experienced this diet yourself," you still have no clue if the hCG added anything that the diet wouldn't have done by itself. Do you not realize that? That's why they do controlled research[/URL]... which has shown it adds NOTHING. When examined as a whole, what do they shom? "We conclude that there is no scientific evidence that HCG is effective in the treatment of obesity; it does not bring about weight-loss of fat-redistribution, nor does it reduce hunger or induce a feeling of well-being."

Conciliator

Conciliator

Awards
There are people, believe it or not, who desire you to also be without unwanted fat, and to also be healthier and happier. The sooner that happens the better isn't it? It is a joy because your fat will disappear exactly from the places you don't want it, and redistributes evenly. And that is just cheerful! And during the diet you might really get a sense of the difference between physical and emotional desire for food. And let me tell you, it is very interesting to experience that for yourself. That is why I think appetite suppressants like hoodia are just unwise to use during this weight loss diet. Yes, it might also dissipate the emotional desire, bit then you lose the learning experience. You will NOT experience hunger if you follow the protocol. If you do have it, you do not use real HCG, or you burned all your abnormal (the opposite of functional) fat. The HCG only works when you have abnormal fat. When that is gone you will immediately be hungry again. And if you have taken the time to read the book (ALWAYS DO THIS BEFORE YOU START), you would know that by then, you have to stop immediately with the 500 cal diet and up it to 800 cal a day until you had a total of 23 HCG shots.
You are such a moron. hCG has no lipolytic effect. It does not have any bearing on where you lose fat, which will come off in a genetically predetermined order.

All the people who are condemning it NEVER tried it. And I understand that they do this, because it is not conventional. The telly didn't tell you that it is real, so it must not be real then. But it is very real, don't just believe me, do yourself a favor. Google it, Youtube it, try it. You will be glad you did it. Secondly..... Follow the protocol exactly!
Wrong. I am not condemning it because it is unconventional. I am condeming it because SEVERAL CONTROLLED STUDIES HAVE SHOWN THAT ADDING HCG TO THE DIET CHANGES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. You're turing a blind eye to all the evidence that's capable of evaluating what hCG adds, while relying on anecdote, which can't tell you anything reliable about it.
It is crazy how the world is currently. Big pharma, big government, big lying central bankers, big fat people on MSG laden addictive junkfood. Oke, back to the diet.

The HCG protocol of Dr. Simeons (forget about all the other variants on it if you ask me) resets your metabolism, get's rid of your abnormal fat, makes you understand yourself and your desires better, and makes you healthier (just stay away from unnatural sweets, use Stevia instead).
You exemplify the general public... people who buy into all the crap they're fed, people who are too stupid to interpret scientific research, people who ignore all the evidence that's reliable in exchange for evidence that's inherantly unreliable. It's pathetic. Simeons protocol does jack **** to "reset" your metabolism. It doesn't do anything to target abnormal fat. All you're doing is going on a severe diet, a PSMF, while deluding yourself into thinking that hCG is working magic when it's not doing a damn thing that an injection of water wouldn't do.
Sounds to good to be true so it must not be true? Ah! Oke, then that is the truth you'll get. But if you start reading the book (just 60 tot 90 minutes minutes read), and you order your HCG from somewhere you trust it, you will lose the fat! No matter how fat (or skinny but with unevenly spread fat) you are. Dr. Simeons also invented the cure for malaria, and was very respected.
I'm sure he "cured" malaria, just like he "cured" obesity, lol. It's unbelievable that people buy into this idiocy.

Conciliator

Conciliator

Awards
The speculation in the book goes as follows regarding weight gain. Although you're consuming 500 calories, you're releasing much more daily with the HCG, so it's equivalent to a 1,500-2,000 cal diet.
Yeah, except that it's not equivalent to anything but what it actually is. Although you're consuming 500 calories, you're releasing NO more daily with the HCG, so it's equivalent to a 500 cal diet. hCG does not have a lipolytic effect. It has no effect "in the treatment of obesity; it does not bring about weight-loss of fat-redistribution, nor does it reduce hunger or induce a feeling of well-being."

Like I said, if you want something to mobilize fat or suppress hunger, take ephedrine and caffeine, not a placebo called hCG.

jgresh

Awards
Sorry badfish51581 I wanted to email or send a pm...can't do that yet. I have read some of your post about HCG diet. I am contemplating going ahead with the HCG following Dr Simeon's protocol. Based on reports you have gotten from people, what is the MOST reliable source for ordering the HCG?

Any thoughts and or suggestions you have please send my way.

Julie

Last edited:

after5

Awards
pnavar,

Thank you for your posts, they are interesting & informative. Will you provide me with your name & contact information so that I can contact your practice? I have been lifting & doing cardio and am concerned about maintaining hard-earned muscle while dieting down. I am in Utah, and I intend to start the hcg diet soon. I still have questions & feel that you would be a great resource. I can't send a PM yet, because I am new to the forum. Thanks!

badfish51581,

Thank you for starting this thread and for sharing your research and experiences in such a succinct, useful way. How did you use creatine while sticking to the diet? Did you put it in apple juice or something?

cmw

cmw

Awards
I was skeptical due to the facts that I'm a slow loser and caloric cutbacks, even starvation diets back in the day, have not been very effective in getting off the 5-7 lbs I always seem to gain over winter months. Today is my 9th day of Dr. Simeon's diet and I'm astonished. 6 lbs gone. I have paid careful attention to hydration, so this cannot be all "water weight" that I've lost. I have had little hunger since the 4th day. No cravings. I normally crave carbs terribly when I cut calories, but not with this program. Though I'm very dedicated in the gym, and run 5 days a week, because I'm never far up from my body"s set point weight, losing this amount of weight would normally take me a couple of months. I am thrilled and shocked. I don't fully understand all the chemistry, but having done near-starvation diets in the past, I can honestly say that HCG has vastly accelerated my weight loss.