Need Help for a College Male Student

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.97%

Need Help for a College Male Student

Hi everyone!

I am currently in college and of course, I am overweight. I have generally been overweight for the majority of my life but I am getting fed up with it.

My measurements are as follows:
    Height - 6'0" or 6'1" (i always thought I was 6 but some think i am taller).
    Weight - 340 lbs

The majority of the weight is in my stomach. My legs are actually quite lean (my roomates are kinda jealous of my "superhero" calfs). My face is a bit stocky as well as my upperarms. Basically i have man boobs and a nice big gut.

Because of my location (school) it is not very easy to do the whole brown rice etc type diets.

My main food sources are:
    Subway
    Different Deli place
    Pepe's mexican food
    Chick-Filet chicken place (i could get grilled chicken breasts)
    A Chinese food place
    A burger/hotdog place
    A pizza/pasta place
    and a salad bar (which i will start frequenting)

I also have the option of picking up personal sized cereals, juices, water (which i dont drink so i resort to the crystal light 10 calorie per 16 oz bottle packets, water makes me gag, so crystal light is my option, deal with it), yogurts, snacks etc.

There is a gym in the main floor which i want to start frequenting (I would also hope for some exercises i could do in my room, we have 15 lb dumbells, perfect pushup things, and some resistance bands as well as a 10lb medicine ball).

I was hoping you all could shell out some of that brilliant advice i have read about on various ideas i shoudl consider.

I.E. i dont know which exercises are more for show or more for weight loss. I dont know how many calories i should be consuming daily.

Please help me out, I will greatly appreciate it!

-jakesnake771

P.S. sorry for the lenghty post

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.97%

Also I am reading a bunch of other threads and I was wondering if anyone could help shed light on the different acronyms for supplements/workouts, etc.

Leviathan, DCP, Paravol, Sesamin, Fish oilage, Multi-vitamin, Glutamine (workout days), Psyillium husks, CLA

Would you all recomend I take any supplements as well? I have Centrum multi-vitamins and I am considering taking fish-oil since my grandma (who reads a lot of stuff about health) recomends it.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.97%

Jake, as a person that has gone through a severe weight loss journey myself I can tell you that the order of importance is

Diet > Exercise > Supplements.

Step 1 is get your diet in check. Almost all of the places that you listed are not going to be good for you at all...

You should consider buying a lot of canned tuna to keep at the dorm. Oatmeal packets for the morning. Chicken breasts are your staple lunch - but don't kid yourself, just because you're eating chicken doesn't mean you can eat a bun, cheese, ketchup, mayo, etc.

If you're going to the salad bar, keep it spartan - Greens, green vegetables, carrots. No corn, no eggs, no bacon. "If it tastes good, spit it out, you're doing it wrong!"

Go to that deli - get lots of sliced turkey or chicken. Eat it plain or with Mustard.

Sugar free Jello cups are your friend.

Chances are, you spent years putting this weight on -- if you want to take it off in less time than that, you really have to attack it like an animal and get your mind straight.

Ideas for Cardio:
    1 minute of jumping jacks every time you enter your dorm, and before you leave it. It's not much, but it will get your heart going, trust me.

Basically do whatever it takes to get your heart rate up - EVERY SINGLE DAY. I dropped 5 pounds a week steadily for 5 and a half months doing this. I ate 1000 calories a day STRICTLY. You really have to want it man, and you have to stick to it - you're only cheating yourself if you don't.

As far as supplements: take Leviathan RL & DCP. I wish I'd had them while I was losing weight.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0%

Ninsha, You Are Dead On With Your Reply.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.97%

Quote Originally Posted by stevent1967 View Post
    Ninsha, You Are Dead On With Your Reply.
    Ok here my suggestion:
    I am overweight too but I am losing weight fast as I am getting help from this board. These people are godsend.
    Anyways, I use to go to chinese buffets a lot: they`re filled with sodium and cooked with heavy lard....nevermind how much you eat protein there....you really don`t know about the hidden calories. I buy low sugar chinese spices mix and cook myself. Trust me: my weight never went down when I ate small portions there.
    2ndly Avoid Processed meat; But thise frozen chicken breasts and marinate them with low sugar TANDOORI CHICKEN mix.
    Its cheaper and healthier when you eat your own cooked food.
    Good luck bro
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.78%

i agree with the responses....i blew out my knee playing rugby and went from being in shape to ballooning up to 330 at 6'1 so almost the same as you. (a summer of eating and playing video games because you cant do anything else will do it to you.) I'm down 60 pounds since September and have put a considerable amount of muscle on as well. I dare say i'm in better shape then before the injury.

I must stress the importance of diet...once you lock that in the rest will follow. It sounds redundant but small meals more frequently keep your metabolism working and avoid huge insulin spikes. lean meats, greens, heart healthy fats, and cc carbs will all help. In addition finding a workout routine that works for you will be essential so that you don't dread going to the gym. check the boards, ask for help, this is a great place to frequent for information.

dan
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.78%

Quote Originally Posted by Ninsha View Post
    Jake, as a person that has gone through a severe weight loss journey myself I can tell you that the order of importance is

Diet > Exercise > Supplements.

Step 1 is get your diet in check. Almost all of the places that you listed are not going to be good for you at all...

You should consider buying a lot of canned tuna to keep at the dorm. Oatmeal packets for the morning. Chicken breasts are your staple lunch - but don't kid yourself, just because you're eating chicken doesn't mean you can eat a bun, cheese, ketchup, mayo, etc.

If you're going to the salad bar, keep it spartan - Greens, green vegetables, carrots. No corn, no eggs, no bacon. "If it tastes good, spit it out, you're doing it wrong!"

Go to that deli - get lots of sliced turkey or chicken. Eat it plain or with Mustard.

Sugar free Jello cups are your friend.

Chances are, you spent years putting this weight on -- if you want to take it off in less time than that, you really have to attack it like an animal and get your mind straight.

Ideas for Cardio:
    1 minute of jumping jacks every time you enter your dorm, and before you leave it. It's not much, but it will get your heart going, trust me.

Basically do whatever it takes to get your heart rate up - EVERY SINGLE DAY. I dropped 5 pounds a week steadily for 5 and a half months doing this. I ate 1000 calories a day STRICTLY. You really have to want it man, and you have to stick to it - you're only cheating yourself if you don't.

As far as supplements: take Leviathan RL & DCP. I wish I'd had them while I was losing weight.
    I'm a bit curious about these supplements you mentioned. To date, I've lost ~70lbs over the last year and a half, but I've started to plateau over the past 3 months. I still have a lot of weight to lose and am looking for something to help me get out of this rut. My diet and exercise plan are already in check.

But about the supplements, do you have any more information on them? How safe are they? What kind of tests have been done? Where can I purchase them?
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.39%
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.78%

been awhile any updates man?

dan
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.78%

Well, I have since searched for info about the Leviathan Reloaded, but I still have a few concerns left unanswered.

Could not find much, if anything, regarding the safety and long term effects of it.
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.78%

i take it either jake has given up or in secluded training somewhere. TB i am currently taking lr/dcp with drive and rpm and am very happy with the results...what long term concerns/sides are you worried about?

dan
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.78%

Such as those associated with steriods, gh, or clenbuterol.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.78%

Also, how effective would Leviathan RL be without DCP, assuming I'm keeping myself on a tightly regulated diet? I'm trying to cut costs where I can.
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.78%

ive always taken the two together so i don't know...but lr is a very good product so i am sure it would stand alone ok

also there is nothing pro-hormonal about leviathan so you really wont have to worry about any sides associated with those products.

dan

Similar Forum Threads

1. College student going on a spending spree
    By austinfrench5 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-16-2010, 11:37 PM
  2. College student HELP
    By Machwon1 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-16-2009, 01:45 AM
  3. College Student, how does this meal plan look?
    By halberdklown in forum Bulking
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-03-2009, 10:36 PM
  4. Supplements for a college student..
    By Andy2D in forum Supplements
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 11:28 PM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-23-2005, 12:18 PM