- 02-15-2008, 05:44 PM
Alright so I am getting a good daily dose of fiber from oatmeal, brocolli etc, and some fiber sure on occasion, my question is when counting your carbs, do you count the fiber in with the total carbs? what about insoluble fiber? i am under the impression insoluble passes straight thru and solidifies your duece.
Opinions on this would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by KSMA; 02-15-2008 at 05:46 PM. Reason: grammer errors
- 02-15-2008, 05:48 PM
throw in my stats here too
6'3" 230, 16% bf. current diet 50/30/20 P/F/C
being able to not count fiber would make the low carb numbers a little easier to hit. again, opinions greatly appreciated.
- 02-15-2008, 06:06 PM
Both kinds of fiber have 0 net carbs available for energy so don't count them.
Soluable just means it dissolves in water.
02-15-2008, 07:26 PM
02-15-2008, 09:49 PM
02-15-2008, 09:54 PM
soluble fiber gels/expands as it passes through, insoluble fiber just passes through. Regularity ftw!
"I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
02-15-2008, 10:26 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By MakaveliThaDon in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 1Last Post: 11-20-2010, 01:04 PM
- By bigdognhb in forum Weight LossReplies: 1Last Post: 03-18-2010, 04:14 PM
- By Nightwanderer in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 5Last Post: 03-28-2008, 10:26 AM
- By Insidious1 in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 1Last Post: 08-26-2007, 08:34 PM
- By swoosh in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 13Last Post: 02-24-2006, 11:25 AM