Carbs after evening workout while Cutting?

Kata1yst

Awards
hey, I just wanted to see what people thought about taking carbs w/ protein post workout in the evenings while trying to cut down some fat.

I was thinking of using carbs this way only for my smallest body part. It's also very difficult for me to fall asleep w/o taking carbs after a workout in the evening.

Typically, during a bulk I consume carbs all the time. For cutting I consume little carbs(br rice/ beans/oats) morning to lunch and then I stop for the remainder of the day.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As long as you use it post training I see no reason why it would be a detriment.

Irish_Rogue

Awards
  • Established
Take a tablespoon of flaxseed oil or almond butter that will kill your cravings. Veggies can fill the void too, low in carbs.

Kata1yst

Awards
you're right about the flax oil to kill the hunger. I'm trying to see how much it would hurt my muscles if I didn't take carbs after workouts in order to lose more fat.

Currently I'm 201lbs w/ 17% BF

Neil5585

Neil5585

Awards
  • Established
Glutamine and glycine together in high doses can somewhat replace carbs for restoring glycogen until you get your bodyfat lower to where you handle carbs better. 20-60g glutamine and 20+g glycine with your whey.

Once you're leaner you'd definitely want to take in carbs PWO even after an evening workout.

Be careful in taking in fats PWO. It's going to displace body fat being used as energy. 1 tbsp might not seem like much, but over an 8 week cut at 4 workouts a week that comes out to nearly 1 lb of fat that could have been bodyfat instead.

Certain amino acids can be used to help improve sleep instead of carbs such as tryptophan, GABA, and glycine. Combine that with ZMK to further help with a no carb solution.

Medic

Medic

Awards
you're right about the flax oil to kill the hunger. I'm trying to see how much it would hurt my muscles if I didn't take carbs after workouts in order to lose more fat.

HOODIA to kill cravings

Kata1yst

Awards
Glutamine and glycine together in high doses can somewhat replace carbs for restoring glycogen until you get your bodyfat lower to where you handle carbs better. 20-60g glutamine and 20+g glycine with your whey.

Once you're leaner you'd definitely want to take in carbs PWO even after an evening workout.

Be careful in taking in fats PWO. It's going to displace body fat being used as energy. 1 tbsp might not seem like much, but over an 8 week cut at 4 workouts a week that comes out to nearly 1 lb of fat that could have been bodyfat instead.

Certain amino acids can be used to help improve sleep instead of carbs such as tryptophan, GABA, and glycine. Combine that with ZMK to further help with a no carb solution.
Will you be able to take a dumb @ 20-60g of Glutamine? Good info though, I guess I'll need to stop taking Muscle Milk and switch to another protein.

badfish51581

badfish51581

Awards
  • Established

Carb cycling works really well for this purpose...

Medic

Medic

Awards
Glutamine should definatly be taken while dieting down. Take a few grams before bed. It will help you sleep better and is suppose to release GH.

Kata1yst

Awards
Glutamine should definatly be taken while dieting down. Take a few grams before bed. It will help you sleep better and is suppose to release GH.
Absolutely! I take 4g in the morning, 4g during/after workout, and another 4g right before bed. I've been doing this for some time now and definately notice the difference.

Kata1yst

Awards
Take a tablespoon of flaxseed oil or almond butter that will kill your cravings. Veggies can fill the void too, low in carbs.

I took lots of flax a couple years ago during cutting phase, and yes, it gets rid of your hunger. I don't think the cals in it even interfered w/ losing weight. I took 1 tablespoon in the morning, a couple during the day, and 1 more at night. That's a lot of flax and I actually lost 23 lbs in 4 weeks.

I did lose muscle though, so I'm gonna plan this one better and take an anabolic with it as well.