Carbs after evening workout while Cutting?

  1. Carbs after evening workout while Cutting?


    hey, I just wanted to see what people thought about taking carbs w/ protein post workout in the evenings while trying to cut down some fat.

    I was thinking of using carbs this way only for my smallest body part. It's also very difficult for me to fall asleep w/o taking carbs after a workout in the evening.

    Typically, during a bulk I consume carbs all the time. For cutting I consume little carbs(br rice/ beans/oats) morning to lunch and then I stop for the remainder of the day.

  2. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    As long as you use it post training I see no reason why it would be a detriment.
    We live in a time where our planet suffers from two epidemics simultaneously - starvation and obesity.

    Look at all these little kids taking care of the music biz, don't their business take good care of me.

    I have the fire, I have the force, I have the power to make my evil take it's course.

  3. Take a tablespoon of flaxseed oil or almond butter that will kill your cravings. Veggies can fill the void too, low in carbs.
    •   
       


  4. you're right about the flax oil to kill the hunger. I'm trying to see how much it would hurt my muscles if I didn't take carbs after workouts in order to lose more fat.

    Currently I'm 201lbs w/ 17% BF

  5. Glutamine and glycine together in high doses can somewhat replace carbs for restoring glycogen until you get your bodyfat lower to where you handle carbs better. 20-60g glutamine and 20+g glycine with your whey.

    Once you're leaner you'd definitely want to take in carbs PWO even after an evening workout.

    Be careful in taking in fats PWO. It's going to displace body fat being used as energy. 1 tbsp might not seem like much, but over an 8 week cut at 4 workouts a week that comes out to nearly 1 lb of fat that could have been bodyfat instead.

    Certain amino acids can be used to help improve sleep instead of carbs such as tryptophan, GABA, and glycine. Combine that with ZMK to further help with a no carb solution.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Kata1yst View Post
    you're right about the flax oil to kill the hunger. I'm trying to see how much it would hurt my muscles if I didn't take carbs after workouts in order to lose more fat.

    Currently I'm 201lbs w/ 17% BF
    HOODIA to kill cravings

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Neil5585 View Post
    Glutamine and glycine together in high doses can somewhat replace carbs for restoring glycogen until you get your bodyfat lower to where you handle carbs better. 20-60g glutamine and 20+g glycine with your whey.

    Once you're leaner you'd definitely want to take in carbs PWO even after an evening workout.

    Be careful in taking in fats PWO. It's going to displace body fat being used as energy. 1 tbsp might not seem like much, but over an 8 week cut at 4 workouts a week that comes out to nearly 1 lb of fat that could have been bodyfat instead.

    Certain amino acids can be used to help improve sleep instead of carbs such as tryptophan, GABA, and glycine. Combine that with ZMK to further help with a no carb solution.
    Will you be able to take a dumb @ 20-60g of Glutamine? Good info though, I guess I'll need to stop taking Muscle Milk and switch to another protein.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Kata1yst View Post
    you're right about the flax oil to kill the hunger. I'm trying to see how much it would hurt my muscles if I didn't take carbs after workouts in order to lose more fat.

    Currently I'm 201lbs w/ 17% BF
    Carb cycling works really well for this purpose...

  9. Quote Originally Posted by badfish51581 View Post
    Carb cycling works really well for this purpose...
    I agree and I was actually planning on doing the same thing.

  10. Glutamine should definatly be taken while dieting down. Take a few grams before bed. It will help you sleep better and is suppose to release GH.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Medic View Post
    Glutamine should definatly be taken while dieting down. Take a few grams before bed. It will help you sleep better and is suppose to release GH.
    Absolutely! I take 4g in the morning, 4g during/after workout, and another 4g right before bed. I've been doing this for some time now and definately notice the difference.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Rogue View Post
    Take a tablespoon of flaxseed oil or almond butter that will kill your cravings. Veggies can fill the void too, low in carbs.

    I took lots of flax a couple years ago during cutting phase, and yes, it gets rid of your hunger. I don't think the cals in it even interfered w/ losing weight. I took 1 tablespoon in the morning, a couple during the day, and 1 more at night. That's a lot of flax and I actually lost 23 lbs in 4 weeks.

    I did lose muscle though, so I'm gonna plan this one better and take an anabolic with it as well.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Most carbs one should consume while cutting
    By Doug8796 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-28-2008, 09:12 AM
  2. PWO carbs while cutting
    By Jeffrw in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-20-2006, 10:13 PM
  3. Are preworkout carbs necessary while cutting?
    By CSK in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-09-2005, 02:43 PM
  4. Carb/Amino Drink while cutting
    By Sticks in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-07-2005, 02:19 PM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-21-2004, 08:44 PM
Log in
Log in