Protein - I seriously need this advice!!

michaeljannis

Awards
Sup guys,

I am currently using Weight Watchers to lost weight. It's working pretty well for me, I have lost 20lbs, and trying to hit the gym as much as possible.

For those that are not familiar with how weight watchers works (I'm sure it's no one); I operate on a daily points allowance.

Everything I read or hear basically screams that protein should be a huge staple in my daily diet. It aids lean muscle growth which in turn supports the fat loss.... right? correct me if i'm wrong!

now my question is, most protein powders usually yield a high "points" value; so would it still be in my best interest to used the powder, say post workout, and just try to adjust my other intake during the day....

I know this is long to read, but I really am stumped on this one.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks,

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Why not just consume more protein throughout the day in foods like tuna rather than turn to a powder? IMO if you are eating all the right foods at the right times in your circumstance protein owder is unnessecary, as I myself dont even take protein powder(I personally find no need for it, at the moment). Anyways hope this helps and good luck!

gdbear65

gdbear65

Awards
  • Established
low carb, high protein is the way to go

Post-workout is when fast acting proteins like Whey Protein Isolate and Whey Hydrolysates are most needed. Unless you like losing muscle, I suggest you adjust your plan. Personally I think weight watchers is ill-advised, but do what works for you. I commend you for the fact you have made a commitment to improving your physique.