Dextrose & Keto Diet

muscle_tank

Awards
I heard that to minimize any muscle catabolism during KETO, I should drink 15 ~30 g of dextrose after a cardio/weight lifting.
Would this kick me out of the Ketosis?
If it does, how long does it take to get back in?
If it does not, up to how many grams can I take this stuff without affecting Ketosis in anyway?

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
This is simply the post workout insulin spike. No it will not throw you out of ketosis. Just get your 30-40G of dextrose with your 30-40G of whey postworkout and youll be fine.

muscle_tank

Awards
This is simply the post workout insulin spike. No it will not throw you out of ketosis. Just get your 30-40G of dextrose with your 30-40G of whey postworkout and youll be fine.
Whey? Are you referring to protein powder?
I have been lifting for couple of years now, but I am not very familiar with terms that you guys commonly use. sorry......

motleybreu

Awards
yes whey protein powder;)s'all good bro, you'll learn fast

muscle_tank

Awards
What's the good source of Dextrose?
Bar, drink, powder, pills......??? Are carbs in HP Phosphagen creatine Dextrose?

Where can I get them?

Last edited:

rjones

Awards
Just order some dextrose at supplementsdirect.com or somewhere else and take a small scoop post workout. It is cheap, about a dollar per lb.

derekmac

Awards
As the above post says, you can order it directly on line, or you can get it from gatorade powder.