My plan for my run with XF

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am still tinkering with what I am going to run with my XF, but I know that RPM, Drive, and BCAAs will be included. I am torn between IGF-2 and Activate X, but that is not really the point right now.

Unlike most of you bastards, I am going to be cutting during the holidays, which is probably going to be a horrible idea. Not a true cut in the BBing sense, but I am going to be at maintenance or slightly below for the 50 day cycle. Since I decided to drop to 155 lbs, I really can't get too far above 175 unless I want to go through hell again. This will not start until November 5th, but the diet I am planning is something along these lines:

8 AM
1 whole egg w/ 2 whites
4 oz animal protein (turkey or beef)
2 slices Ezekiel bread or 5.5 oz of red potatoes
1 serving of fruit (banana or pineapple)

10:30 AM
10g of BCAAs w/ 6g of added Leucine

11:30-12:30
First Training Session

1 PM
6 oz of protein
1 C of Wild Rice
2 servings of veggies (broccoli, mushrooms, or green beans)

3 PM
2 whole eggs w/2 whites
2 Tbsp of Salsa
Mushrooms

5PM
Smoothie of:
Pumpkin
Pineapple
Vanilla EvoPro

6-8 PM
Second Training Session
10g of BCAA w/ 6g of Leucine

8:30 PM
6 oz of protein (beef or fatty fish)
1/2C of Wild Rice
2 servings veggies

11 PM
1 Tbsp Almond Butter or 1 oz of mixed nuts
1.5 servings of EvoPro

My basic principle are to use as few refined products as possible and, outside of Ezekiel bread and protein/BCAAs, I have all natural whole foods in my diet. Every 3-4 days, I will add 50-75g of carbs for metabolic confusion and to have a small refeed.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Looks awesome Rodja. I can't wait to see the results :thumbsup:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks awesome Rodja. I can't wait to see the results :thumbsup:
Is there anything that up think that I should add or change?? I was thinking to maybe add in some more fats since I am only going to be having around 60g/day.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Is there anything that up think that I should add or change?? I was thinking to maybe add in some more fats since I am only going to be having around 60g/day.
20% of your caloric intake is fine. Coconut oil, and MCT's are excellent choices to increase fat intake.

beebab

beebab

Awards
  • Established
good luck Rodja! interested to see your results. so you do both a cardio and weight-training session each training day?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
good luck Rodja! interested to see your results. so you do both a cardio and weight-training session each training day?
No, I do cardio everyday, but I lift 3x/week. This is my basic breakdown-
Mon-Lift, Conditioning/MMA
Tue-Cardio, Jiujitsu
Wed-Lift, Conditioning/MMA
Thur-Cardio, JJ
Fri-Lift, Cardio
Sat-Cardio or conditioning

Cardio can range from distance running (5 miles or so) to cross-training to HIIT. It all depends on how I am feeling.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Goodluck!

If your not using any un-natural hormones get in at LEAST 15 fat intake or higher or your test levels drop.As an expirenced ring fighter myself you want every edge you can use.Hope you make the choices that are right for you!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
take in more egg yolks. you get extra AA that way :D

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
take in more egg yolks. you get extra AA that way :D
That was something I was thinking about doing, especially since I have seen a few articles where adding in cholesterol for periods of time can lead to extra LBM gains.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Good luck Rodja...glad to see you aren't bitter about cutting:

Unlike most of you bastards, I am going to be cutting during the holidays
:toofunny:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck Rodja...glad to see you aren't bitter about cutting:

:toofunny:
Ehh, it is my decision, so I can't really complain too much. Also, like I said in another thread, that $1000 show/$1000 win fight check will make it a little easier. Luckily, I can still go balls-out during Thanksgiving and have plenty of time to make weight.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That was something I was thinking about doing, especially since I have seen a few articles where adding in cholesterol for periods of time can lead to extra LBM gains.
I'm currently doing at least a dozen whole eggs a day. fyi medium eggs have about 60mg, large 65-70, and xl 70-75 of AA. My cholesterol is quite low, so I could actually stand to take in the extra fat.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm currently doing at least a dozen whole eggs a day. fyi medium eggs have about 60mg, large 65-70, and xl 70-75 of AA. My cholesterol is quite low, so I could actually stand to take in the extra fat.
Really, where did you read that and is it temperature stable??

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
between government sites as well as from egglands best (the omega 3 eggs). Its temperature stable however not necessarily oxidation stable - so scrambled may wreck it, but hard boiled is ok. i'm just buying pre-hard boiled eggs from teh grocery store now, its easier.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i'm currently taking in a total of around 2g of AA between that and x-factor :)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
between government sites as well as from egglands best (the omega 3 eggs). Its temperature stable however not necessarily oxidation stable - so scrambled may wreck it, but hard boiled is ok. i'm just buying pre-hard boiled eggs from teh grocery store now, its easier.
Damn, I hate hard-boiled eggs. Maybe AA was another reason, along with the added cholesterol, that people gained LBM in a study I saw where they added extra whole eggs to their diet.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it seems to make sense. and Vic Gironda's diet too, along with many of the other "classic" bodybuilders.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it seems to make sense. and Vic Gironda's diet too, along with many of the other "classic" bodybuilders.
I am actually starting to question most common BBing diets as a whole, especially when it comes to fats.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In what way?
Mainly food choices. For example, many people have a mild food allergy to oats, yet it is one of the staples of BBing. Also, the idea of "bulking" and "cutting" have undergone a very bad transformation. I do believe that you should eat more while bulking, but it is starting to get taken too far. There is too much of an emphasis on instant gratification and expecting to get huge overnight, so people eat tons of trash calories. In a way, I think BBing is another form of OCD.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh for sure it does. I finally bought some quinoa, and i need to do more research into the GIs of fruits. I'm sure there are better choices than oats. I think its just a general marker of current society tho, instant gratifcation, I know i'm guilty

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh for sure it does. I finally bought some quinoa, and i need to do more research into the GIs of fruits. I'm sure there are better choices than oats. I think its just a general marker of current society tho, instant gratifcation, I know i'm guilty
Apples, pineapple, oranges, and all berries are good sources.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think i'm going to use berries + apples for carbs from now on then, much more enjoyable than oats. not bananas eh? pity

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think i'm going to use berries + apples for carbs from now on then, much more enjoyable than oats. not bananas eh? pity
Bananas are higher on the GI, but I still eat them once or twice a day. Post training is a good time to replenish not only carbs, but also electrolytes. I try to use as few food supplements as possible to take in the phytonutrients, vitamins, and minerals in natural form.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm still in the cutting/recomp for the next probably 3 months, so I have to be cautious with carbs.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm still in the cutting/recomp for the next probably 3 months, so I have to be cautious with carbs.
My philosophy is that fruits and vegetables do not really have to be limited. Obviously, some times are better than others, but I eat between 2-5 servings a day. My main sources are bananas, pineapple, peaches, berries, and apples.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know I had 3 large apples yesterday, 2 the day before, and 1 today because I ran out of oats and I really like apples. My muscles feel really really full :think:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know I had 3 large apples yesterday, 2 the day before, and 1 today because I ran out of oats and I really like apples. My muscles feel really really full :think:
I can't explain the physiological reasons, but fruit really helps out with glycogen. I have a theory that it is the a mix of the phytochemicals and electrolytes, but nothing definitive. Humans have been eating fruits and vegetables for much, much longer than grains and I think that most forget about this.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't explain the physiological reasons, but fruit really helps out with glycogen. I have a theory that it is the a mix of the phytochemicals and electrolytes, but nothing definitive. Humans have been eating fruits and vegetables for much, much longer than grains and I think that most forget about this.
There's a reason they say "An apple a day keeps the doctor away" :toofunny: man I'm a loser.

Im going to keep on this I think. Maybe eat 1 in the morning with my other carb and 1 pre-workout in the same fashion.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There's a reason they say "An apple a day keeps the doctor away" :toofunny: man I'm a loser.

Im going to keep on this I think. Maybe eat 1 in the morning with my other carb and 1 pre-workout in the same fashion.
It may also be that the GI is low and they provide the body with a steady stream of glucose.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really enjoyed eating a banana with a whole grain english muffin as my carbs for use with neovar

BigAsian

BigAsian

Awards
hows the glycemic load and GI on citrus? in specific OJ...cuz man i love my morning glass of OJ