Heart rate with Cardio

blunted97

Awards
I was wondering if anyone else has had the problem of their heart feeling like it is going to explode when running. I have been running for a couple of months now on the treadmill trying to get my endurance up so I dont look like an idiot out in public running down the road. But I went out the other day and did a mile which I have been doing 2-3 miles on the treadmill but by the time I had gotten back my heart was beating so hard that it felt like it was going to explode. I know they say not to get your heart rate above 180 but it was around 200. Do you think that is normal for a beginner on the road. I am 25 years old , 5'11 , 177lbs and about 20% BF (only on my stomache, everywhere else is around 10% or less so I don' think I am overweight just got a spare tire):cheers:

flytrapcan

flytrapcan

Awards
  • Established
I've heard it much harder on a static surface, road. Try intervals, walk for 5 and then run for 5 - minutes that is.

PS. BF is a whole body experience, you'll have to lean everywhere to get rid of the tire.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
HIIT is the key. If you are concerned see a physician!!! Unless you are sprinting your heart rate should not be anywhere near 180 - 200.

HIIT is:

1.5 minutes sprint full out
1.5 jogging
2.0 walking

Rinse and repeat for length of workout.

yosahab

yosahab

Awards
The thing about it is that on the treadmill you are paced and outside your pace may change without realizing (especially if a female is close...hahaha) I prefer to run on the treadmill for that purpose and it is also a lot easier on my knees and back.