Question about cardio and heart rate

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
Ok so talked to a guy today who said when he does cardio his heart never goes above 80 BPM. You heard me correctly that was not a typo. I've looked everywhere to find information as to what type of person could have such a low heart rate while sprinting and have found nothing. Is this guy for real or is he full of crap?

Austinmck17

Austinmck17

Awards
crap. resting heart rate is usually around 60-100bpm and during cardio it passes 140

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
Yea man I was trying to figure out what in the hell he was talking about. It just didn't make sense

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think he has no idea what he is talking about, he may have a broken heart rate monitor and to stupid to know it ????

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
Ok so talked to a guy today who said when he does cardio his heart never goes above 80 BPM. You heard me correctly that was not a typo. I've looked everywhere to find information as to what type of person could have such a low heart rate while sprinting and have found nothing. Is this guy for real or is he full of crap?
He is either: A) not working hard enough; B) full of it; C) both; D) someone who should see a doctor ASAP (low heartrate while exercising greatly increases risk of atrial fibrillation)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My rested HR is sub 50 sitting, and my HR on sprints stays between 145-170; 135-150 on jogging.

Heck, even at 3mph starting I think I'm at 110+.

Maybe he forgot to turn the treadmill on?