want to loss weight the right way

1hotblackchick

Awards
whats the best sample menu i could use to lose fat not muscle .when i diet i usually loss 10 lbs the first week and probly 4lbs the next then nothing for two or three weeks and soon as i eat some junk i gain 5lbs how can i loss the right way and tone .i want to lose 5 lbs a week no moer no less

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You should venture to the nutrition forums and set up a account at fitday.com as well. Nutrition as well as your training will play important roles in losing weight the right way(fat not muscle). However, a very fast loss of fat will come with muscle as well but that can be limited by a number of factors.

You need to look at your BMR and activity rating to get an estimate of your calorie expendature at rest and then you can see where you need to go from there.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
You shouldn't really lose more than 1-2lbs per week.

If you've had a lot of trouble with dieting you should either spend a ton of time reading on nutrition, training, meal timing, etc. If you have some extra $$$$ you should sign up with Bobo, the owner of this board. Go to the FLA nutrition forum to read more and see some info about his plans. I know he isn't taking anyone now, but maybe you can get on the waiting list. Take what you learn from the plan and you should be able to diet cleanly and effectively from now on. Easily worth the money.

:chick:

1hotblackchick

Awards
how long should i workout perday i usually do a hour and i eat about1400 cal per day

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
too few cals most likely and it depends on what you do in that hour.

1hotblackchick

Awards
i power walk i try to run but it feels like i am going to pass the hell out

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not enough calories which means you're more than likely burning muscle over fat. Still shows a weight loss but you're not losing the right kind.

1hotblackchick

Awards
how many cal should i eat i want a beyonce not a serena williams i want it soft and sexy not superbuff and hard

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
we cant help determine the cals you will need without your stats first (height, weight, etc.)

also some weight training coupled with cardio would really work well in your goal to achieve fat loss.

1hotblackchick

Awards
how do i put my pic on here ? do i need that gold membership?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Click on User CP, then go down the left column to Edit Avatar. It is pretty self-explanatory once you get there. The only pain is resizing your pic so it fits.

Keep in mind that Serena William's physique is probably due to genetics, and possibly performance enhancers. It would take an incredible amount of time and meticulous training and diet (a bulking diet) to work toward those proportions. Weight lifting should be at least 50% of your workout time. YOU WILL NOT GET HUGE! Those super-muscular women take steroids. It is difficult for women to build a lot of muscle.

1hotblackchick

Awards
i cant add my pic do not use avatar is all ready selected what else can i do?

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
i think she wants to just post a pic in the thread :lol:

just go to post reply and hit insert image and post the url of the picture (if it is being web hosted)

or just go to manage attatchments on the bottom and attach a picture from your computer.

you coudl also just post stats up like height weight if you cant post a picture.

I would also think it would be helpful if you post what your current diet may look like. I know your asking for help on this but it sounds like your monitoring what you eat (you mentioned 1600 cals a day) and this could help us see where your at and we can critique and add to it and eventually help with training

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It seems we have another person who has never used a board before.

Please before asking for help, post up your diet, training, and pictures, then we will help you. We really hate giving out all this info and then people split with no further regard to the ones that helped them for hours at a time.

Thank you!!!!!

1hotblackchick

Awards
i tryed to add my pics but it useless "oh" and dont worry i wont abandon yall like that your help is truly appreciated trust by the way nice bod

1hotblackchick

Awards
i had a tramatic accident at work and went into a deep depression before the accident i was 135 and in a year i am 195 i really need yall help to get back to my old size i lose 15 or 20 lbs get discouraged and i gain it all back i am desperate help i am 5'4 i havent started to dietagain yet

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i had a tramatic accident at work and went into a deep depression before the accident i was 135 and in a year i am 195 i really need yall help to get back to my old size i lose 15 or 20 lbs get discouraged and i gain it all back i am desperate help i am 5'4 i havent started to dietagain yet

I just wanted to clarify something, this is a bodybuilding website, the diets we all use are for bodybuilders. The average person wanting to diet would not like living on what we eat!!!!! All of us here train with weights.

What brought you here? How did you learn about Anabolic Minds?

1hotblackchick

Awards
i wanted to get vitamin b 12 complex injections and i was searching the web and came across ths site and i would like to be toned out and lean i could lift to be tone my body weight percentage was 36 at 135 with is unhealthy now it is 40 ihave a scale that measures body fat

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i wanted to get vitamin b 12 complex injections and i was searching the web and came across ths site and i would like to be toned out and lean i could lift to be tone my body weight percentage was 36 at 135 with is unhealthy now it is 40 ihave a scale that measures body fat

I dont mean to sound rude at all but if you truly are at 40% that is a major health risk and you should seek professional help with your diet, and have labs run to check lipids and thyroid etc.

B-12 injections are not going to help you lose weight. You may feel better only if you are lacking in B complex vitamins. It not a magic injection. Nothing like that is sold on this website.

Please for your health seek medical professional help. We are not doctors here and I hate for you to end up with a medical condition that could of been treated.

1hotblackchick

Awards
thanks for your concern i have seen my doctor and i have had my blood checked i am not looking for a magic spell to help me lose weight i am going to lose regardless i just wanted some advice if you dont want to give me any its cool

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I dont mean to sound rude at all but if you truly are at 40% that is a major health risk and you should seek professional help with your diet, and have labs run to check lipids and thyroid etc.

B-12 injections are not going to help you lose weight. You may feel better only if you are lacking in B complex vitamins. It not a magic injection. Nothing like that is sold on this website.

Please for your health seek medical professional help. We are not doctors here and I hate for you to end up with a medical condition that could of been treated.
Those bf% scales are BS. I've gotten readings ranging from 9-16% within a few hours. Don't take that as accurate. I emailed the company about it, and they wouldn't explain the range, simply deferring to "the equations"...:whiner:

Have it checked at your gym, or maybe you can find a dunk tank at a local university.

If you have 40%bf at around 135lbs you must be 4 feet tall. I bet it isn't nearly as bad as you think.

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
diet, cardio and consistency. Take a multi vitamin and get more clean calories more often in your day. 4x meals a day. Protein after workout is really important too. I like glutomine and cod liver oil and glucosomine so you can keep going to the gym with less down time, but that's for later if you really need it. And drink as much water as you can and you'll lose some quick pounds with that too.

TenMan

TenMan

Awards
If you have 40%bf at around 135lbs you must be 4 feet tall. I bet it isn't nearly as bad as you think.
I believe she said she was 135 and w/i a year went up to 195lbs.

OP,

First I would see a doc and get cleared to exercise. Second start slow, and have patience. You didn't put the weight on overnight and it's not going to come off overnight. If you are eating junk food now (ie fast food, candy, soda) remove one item per week from your diet. If you're drinking soda start by replacing it w/ water. Depending on how much soda you are drinking you could see a major difference by dropping it. The main thing is to work towards cleaning up your diet. If you try to do it all at once you are more likely to fail. If you gradually work into it your cravings should not be as high and the adjustment to healthy living will not come as such a shock to your system.

Read as much as you can, search this site, and then ask questions.

<><

Fernelias

Awards
whats the best sample menu i could use to lose fat not muscle .when i diet i usually loss 10 lbs the first week and probly 4lbs the next then nothing for two or three weeks and soon as i eat some junk i gain 5lbs how can i loss the right way and tone .i want to lose 5 lbs a week no moer no less
Hi! I am new myself and I am sure many people here will help you out as they seem very knowledgeable about body shaping subjects.

I just thought I reply as I am simular to you in my situation.

my first and only post to date is here

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/49653-hello-i-am-new-had-very.html

the reason I post it is so you can see why I am saying while I am not a nutrition expert I have started to take some suppliments that seem to work for me in losing weight but more importantly body shape.

the first is 7-keto DHEA

NSI 7-Keto -- 50 mg - 120 Capsules - Vitacost

I think that I am responding to it a little diffrent because I may have a non-normal body chemistry but I can say after one week I have lost 3 pounds and they have studies that show 10 pounds lost in 3 weeks with muscle being spared.

I think B12 is a good thing but shots suck and dealing with medical people scuks more. I like this B12 as it is sub-lingual and thus bypasses teh stomic and you get better absorbtion equal to a shot.

VITAMIN B12 Sublingual B-12, B6, Folic Acid and Biotin Vegetarian Formula

it also balences by having B-6 and folic acid which is better than B-12 on its own. I also do not have alot of money to spend so you can see this is cheap :)

I am also not a fan of BF% readers on the internet but the best one I found is here.

Home Body Fat Test

I like it as it seems more accurate but that is because they ask you more questions but surprise surprise with more data you get more accurate measurement :)

Now like I saud I am a newbe and not even a real bodybuilder but I do alot of research and I take my time to find stuff I think will work and I would never mention something to others that I am not currently taking myself.

I suggest you research for yourself the stuff I mentioned so you can see if any or all of the things I mentioned will help you out.

Good LUCK!

Elias

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Losing that much weight is going to take time and perseverence.
If you want to crash diet, then put it all back on, this is not the place for you. However if you want to change your lifestyle forever, then we can help.
Give us a sample of your daily diet, and excercise routines, if you don't want to eat like most of us do on here, thats OK, we can advise you on the healthier options. Don't deprive yourself too much, that can make it easy to just give up and put it all back on. Don't try to lose it all too quickly, set long term goals.
We need more info to help you - but if you are willing to put the hard work in then so are we.
KG

1hotblackchick

Awards
diet, cardio and consistency. Take a multi vitamin and get more clean calories more often in your day. 4x meals a day. Protein after workout is really important too. I like glutomine and cod liver oil and glucosomine so you can keep going to the gym with less down time, but that's for later if you really need it. And drink as much water as you can and you'll lose some quick pounds with that too.
thanks for the advise i started my diet yesterday and also my exercise i woke up at 5:00 in the am and did abs ,leg lifts,and squats i was going to run a couple of times around the block but the was a thunder storm (can you believe it in"sunny california") so any ways i am proud of myself i swam today

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Cool well done :)
If it helps, keep a log here on what you do and what you eat, that way we can keep you motivated and you can keep track of your progress.
Kepp it up :)
KG

1hotblackchick

Awards
thanks every body for your help here is what i ate today for breakfast i had a smoothie made up of trader joe berry medley about half a cup ,2 tlbs of flaxseed oil ,2tlbs of strawberry yogurt 1 and a half cups of cranberry water(trader joes pure cranberry juice with nothing else added. its supposed to cut fat and banish cellulite) for lunch i had two baked chicken wings and a bunch of string beans for dinner i had chicken fajita salad with salad in the bag ,a little cheese and 1 serving of fajita chicken meat(a deck of cards) and a cup of green tea i have been drinking water all day.i got my b12 yesterday as well so i did a shot yesterday and today it seems like my energy has went up already oh yeah in the breakfast smoothie i added 2 scoops of protein powder thanks yall

1hotblackchick

Awards
hello buds today i got on the scale and i weigh 189 it only the third day i hope i not setting my self up for failure as i stated before i lose 10 pounds in a week 2 or 3 the next and none for 3 weeks or more am i eating enough i dont want to lose no more than 5 pound a week help !!!!!!!

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well, If you have not done it already, i would say go on to fitday.com and set up you daily diet to calculate your totals, in ref to bmr, and rmr. In addition, do not belive all this natural mumbo jumbo about cranberries, and applecider vinegar, as I have hundreds of black women coming to my store asking for that crap like it works. Its good for Uti's and insulin regulation, but thats about it the only way to eliminate cellulite is to lose fat.
As for your workouts keep it up. Cardio in the morning, plus weight training later is key. Worry not about Serena Williams as you will not be training that hard. Good luck

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Remember, a lot of the initial weight loss is usually water loss, so don't obsess with the scales.
Take body measurements, waist, butt, thighs etc and see if they are changing even if the scales are not.
I have lost a couple of inches on my body, but my weight has actually increased.
If I was going by the scales alone I would have quit already.
KG

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
Ur doing good, make sure your getting a good multi vitamin everyday 2. cardio is your best bet to get into shape, I made incredible gains in the two weeks I started running 5 miles just 2 days a week and 1-2 miles 3 days a week. And imagin food as a fire, you want to keep it going all day with 4 different times to add wood to keep a good decent fire, instead of 2x big times where the fire almost goes out a couple times. Metabolism control is important. Start looking at the glycemic index too, very helpful in what to eat and when.

1hotblackchick

Awards
Ur doing good, make sure your getting a good multi vitamin everyday 2. cardio is your best bet to get into shape, I made incredible gains in the two weeks I started running 5 miles just 2 days a week and 1-2 miles 3 days a week. And imagin food as a fire, you want to keep it going all day with 4 different times to add wood to keep a good decent fire, instead of 2x big times where the fire almost goes out a couple times. Metabolism control is important. Start looking at the glycemic index too, very helpful in what to eat and when.
thanks for the info but i dont know anything about glycemic index help!!!!!

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/42713-what-gi-list-common-foods.html

this is the skinny, (High Gly)some foods digest quick and raise insalin(wrong spelling) and give u a suger rush like banana, but if you eat low gly like a green apple or another thing like peanuts it takes your body a good amount of time to break it down and feed u the nutrients over a period of hours instead of short term energy.

Keep asking questions, and reading this site it took me about 3 months to get down the basics, now i'm building, it's harder to practice then it is to preach.

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
well it won't let me get rid of this one, so I'll post something else that is helpful.......

Oh yeah today at the gym, i got caught up in a good show (the contender) i'm sort of a fighting buff while on the treadmill and i got 3 miles in when it only felt like 1.

and an mp3 player during lifting is always helpful keeps u motivated, I like ampd preworkout it's a caffeine c0cktail that helps u zone in while at the gym, gives u that little extra. Same as coffee which i don't drink, and i rarely drink soda so it does the job.

hope this helps as i try to fill in my double post.:bruce3:

Last edited:

1hotblackchick

Awards
Thanks you for your response am very appreciative i am 189 today and my legs are super sore i walk/ran 5 miles:)

1hotblackchick

Awards
i am having a hard time keeping up with working out i just dont feel like doing it . is there any thing i can do to stay on?i am doing well with the eating but i need help sticking to my workouts help

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i am having a hard time keeping up with working out i just dont feel like doing it . is there any thing i can do to stay on?i am doing well with the eating but i need help sticking to my workouts help

its all a frame of mind.....you may get up and just be like..."screw this....im going to bed" but just force yourself out of bed.....every day you do that......it will get easier..and easier....believe me....also....tone it down a little.....no need to go balls to the wall every day......dont run 5 miles in the morning...instead....walk at a steady pace for 1 hour (approx 3 miles) its easier on your joints.....easier on the muscles.....and believe it or not.....you lose more weight that way.....from what im seeing...your just overdoing it....take it slow....pace yourself.....if you keep beating yourself up doing way too much....your going to burn out ...and burn out quickly at that.

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
That little red pill i take in the morning makes sure I get to the gym to work off some energy, check out preworkout stimulants or a caffeine pill pop that when you wake up, and you'll be bouncing off the walls if you don't go to the gym.

But it does get easier, I haven't been to the gym in 4 days and I'm fighting a stomach flu, i really wanta go but there's no way I could get anything done in the state i'm in. once you start to see some gains you should have no problems consistantly working out.

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That little red pill i take in the morning makes sure I get to the gym to work off some energy, check out preworkout stimulants or a caffeine pill pop that when you wake up, and you'll be bouncing off the walls if you don't go to the gym.

But it does get easier, I haven't been to the gym in 4 days and I'm fighting a stomach flu, i really wanta go but there's no way I could get anything done in the state i'm in. once you start to see some gains you should have no problems consistantly working out.
hehe...yeah....i had help from a little red pill also on my last cycle.....it helped alot

1hotblackchick

Awards
thanks ! kam i hope you get better soon i . i drank a red bull and took a b 12 shot before my work out and did 30 mins of abs,leg lifts and arm lifts with 10 lb weights but i think your right i maybe over doing it .but i really want my old body back i worked out with a bud of mine so it made it easier for me but i cant workout everyday with her so do you suggest i just get up at the crack of dawn and bust it out? oh yeah is it anything wrong with drinking the red bull before the workout i almost forgot to add .after the 30 min abs and stuff we walk/ranfor an hour almost 5 miles:blink:

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
If you can break up your workouts, i just read this from jayhawk.
A simple but tested plan

Monday
Chest
Tris

Wed
Legs
Shoulders

Thur
Back
Bis

Chest exercises
Flat bench
Incline dumbell bench
Dips
Crossover cables

Tricep exercises
Overhead extensions
Cable extensions(various attachments)
Skullcrushers

Leg Exercises
Squat
Box Squat
Deadlift
Rack Pulls
Leg extensions
Hamstring Curls
Good Mornings

Bicep exercises
Barbell cur
Preacher Curl
Alternating Dumbell Curl
Hammer Curl

Back Exercises
Pull ups
Wide Grip Pulldowns
Narrow Grip Pulldowns
Bent Over rows
Seated Rows

Shoulder exercises
Front lateral raises
Side lat raises
Military press
Shrugs
Upright rows
Rear uprights
Bent over flys

This is by no means a complete list but I was putting something together to get you started. Feel free to continue to get more replies and opinions before starting out.

Keep your lifts controlled and in proper form. Keep your reps under 10 and your sets under 4. No need to do 20 sets of 15 rep curls, for example.

Also what is a shot of b12, I used to drink a red bull pre workout it was a good thing to get your mind set and get you rolling.

What i'm doing for my workout mwf weights with little cardio post workout, tue thur heavy cardio no weights.

Yeah you jump in trying to make major gains, but after a while and things start slowing down you understand your in for a long war, it's going to take time to get what you want, I think about the 6 years of abuse and lack of exercise and clean eating i put my body through, i know it's going to take at least a year to get somewhat happy with my body.

Take it ez, make sure you rest and if it really hurts take a day off, or just walk. Make sure you get your protein asap after a workout(Liquid form).

And once you get a good exercise plan and routine you don't need anyone so you can workout on your own time.

1hotblackchick

Awards
If you can break up your workouts, i just read this from jayhawk.
A simple but tested plan

Monday
Chest
Tris

Wed
Legs
Shoulders

Thur
Back
Bis

Chest exercises
Flat bench
Incline dumbell bench
Dips
Crossover cables

Tricep exercises
Overhead extensions
Cable extensions(various attachments)
Skullcrushers

Leg Exercises
Squat
Box Squat
Deadlift
Rack Pulls
Leg extensions
Hamstring Curls
Good Mornings

Bicep exercises
Barbell cur
Preacher Curl
Alternating Dumbell Curl
Hammer Curl

Back Exercises
Pull ups
Wide Grip Pulldowns
Narrow Grip Pulldowns
Bent Over rows
Seated Rows

Shoulder exercises
Front lateral raises
Side lat raises
Military press
Shrugs
Upright rows
Rear uprights
Bent over flys

This is by no means a complete list but I was putting something together to get you started. Feel free to continue to get more replies and opinions before starting out.

Keep your lifts controlled and in proper form. Keep your reps under 10 and your sets under 4. No need to do 20 sets of 15 rep curls, for example.

Also what is a shot of b12, I used to drink a red bull pre workout it was a good thing to get your mind set and get you rolling.

What i'm doing for my workout mwf weights with little cardio post workout, tue thur heavy cardio no weights.

Yeah you jump in trying to make major gains, but after a while and things start slowing down you understand your in for a long war, it's going to take time to get what you want, I think about the 6 years of abuse and lack of exercise and clean eating i put my body through, i know it's going to take at least a year to get somewhat happy with my body.

Take it ez, make sure you rest and if it really hurts take a day off, or just walk. Make sure you get your protein asap after a workout(Liquid form).

And once you get a good exercise plan and routine you don't need anyone so you can workout on your own time.
The b12 complex shot (it gives you energy)whats the red pill?

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
ERGOLEAN AMP :: Energy :: Island Supplements

ErgoLean AMP is a creature created to intimidate body fat, to pour electricity into your brain and to light a fire under your ass.

I take two and i'm pumped and pushing through my sets, intensity throughout. I usually startoff with 5 min on treadmil, a stretch then go at it. Post workout stretch has given my flexibility gains also.

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
oh...you were talking about amp??? i was talking about venom hd 3.0...lol......i guess its the same difference...

as for you hot......i know you really want your body back......but its not going to be an overnight thing....its gonna take probably 3 or more months before you get around your goal weight...if not longer. ive never been "skinny" ive always been a big dude so i dont have that "i wish i could be that size again" attitude..which i think helps me in the long run.....but that is definetely a mental hinderance because you want it soo bad that you want to do whatever it takes to get there and as quickly as possible.....just balance out your workouts a day.....dont make yourself dread waking up and doing exercise...make it a fun activity.....and that is a point...do exercise that YOU enjoy...if you enjoy the exercises you do ........the higher rate of success you will have

EDIT: Redbull is fine in my opinion....but start using the sugar free and low carb energy drinks instead....that extra sugar will just hinder your progress....

1hotblackchick

Awards
i am down to 29.4% body fat i went online and did the home body fat test based on measurement .as i stated before my home scale was saying 40 % today it was 36% so iam going with the net test:woohoo: and i weigh 185.6 thanks again everyone for your help your all soooooooooo wonderful ta ta for now:wave: