- 03-17-2006, 02:26 PM
when starting a cut what ratio would you guys prefer fo somone who has a fast metabolism and is doing cardio 5x a week two times high intensity?
the ratios are:
All carbs would be coming from LOW GI sources such as Oats
and all fats would be from EFA's
- 03-17-2006, 04:25 PM
I first calculate how many total calories I'm going to try to hit. I then calculate 1.3 - 1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight. From there, I get the % for my protein intake. Finally, I work with the carbs and fat ratios. Remember, protein has to be higher than the the other two macros.
- 03-17-2006, 04:41 PM
Do what works is the only advice really. You should get one gram of protein per pound of body weight, or 1.3 or whatever, just as long as you're getting a decent amount of protein. The extra cardio might make higher carbs appropriate, but the only way to know is to establish a baseline for a while, track macros and grams, and then modify it and see what happens.
03-17-2006, 04:45 PM
- 5'9" 175 lbs.
- Join Date
- Feb 2005
- Rep Power
- Lv. Percent
Similar Forum Threads
- By asavage24 in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 3Last Post: 03-23-2009, 03:08 PM
- By srx600 in forum BulkingReplies: 4Last Post: 11-23-2007, 05:17 PM
- By srx600 in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 4Last Post: 07-01-2007, 05:04 AM
- By Magickk in forum AnabolicsReplies: 10Last Post: 05-08-2005, 12:11 PM
- By Head Nurse in forum Weight LossReplies: 4Last Post: 03-30-2005, 07:19 PM