If it fits your macros?

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I’m currently cutting, trying to get down to 8% bodyfat currently at 13%. Every morning I have a bowl of Frosted Flakes which completely fits into my macros, is it ok to eat something as long it fits into your macros?

jdwaca

jdwaca

Awards
I’m currently cutting, trying to get down to 8% bodyfat currently at 13%. Every morning I have a bowl of Frosted Flakes which completely fits into my macros, is it ok to eat something as long it fits into your macros?
Depends on your goals. For what you’re trying to achieve (8%), I’d say it’s possible, but I would never recommend or approve that for a client. And it depends on what the rest of your diet is like. Personally, when it comes to weight loss, I’m not a fan of IIFYM.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like IIFYM when it comes to carb backloading because there's far less potential for damage. I workout in the evening and tend not to eat many carbs all day. But post workout I can fit it any type of carbs from any source and it will not make me fat.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You're fine. If you are burning more calories than you are consuming, you will get your body fat down. One thing to keep in mind, once your calories are really low, you may want to stick with foods that will fill you up. A serving of frosted flakes is probably 120 cals or so. However, if you are working on 1800, as an example, I would much rather have 120 cals worth of veggies.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You're fine. If you are burning more calories than you are consuming, you will get your body fat down. One thing to keep in mind, once your calories are really low, you may want to stick with foods that will fill you up. A serving of frosted flakes is probably 120 cals or so. However, if you are working on 1800, as an example, I would much rather have 120 cals worth of veggies.
Yep, exactly what I would have said also

Gcrewhcp

Gcrewhcp

Awards
If youre trying to get down to 8% in the shortest amount of time possible, IIFYM is not the way to go. Stage the metabolism with clean food and meal frequency. Alter calories/macros as needs be to reduce body fat. Skip Load once a week to help improve the whole process.