NTNM - Diet , my un-scientific approach to leanness

Page 49 of 85 First ... 4748495051 ... Last

1. I have a pit bull, red healer, jack russel mutt. From day one it has been a lot of discipline, love, and establishing a very clear cut hierarchy in our relationship. I would force him to struggle snuggle with me as puppy and now all he wants to do is pass out on top of me and momma haha. He is very weary of the kids when they were young and it honestly scared the **** out of me. So we teach the kids boundaries etc. as the kids get older they are less erratic and he is getting really comfortable with them. But he is still a dog and not a human. If he even snapped at my kids it would be good night. Would be super had to do but I would feel worse if I allowed harm to come to my children from an animal i let in my home.

2. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    East German GSD, hands down. The guys here in the "GSD club" pay up to 10k for a good East German GSD.

edit: See if you can lay your hands on "the old" form, with the straight back -not crouching on the hind legs. Know what I mean?
    Protection dogs are not for show, they tend to be lighter in weight. The "old standard" is healthier IMHO.
    How your dog looks has no influence when judging protection, avoid the "new standard" if possible.

You could consider to get a Malinois too, especially if your interest is french ring.
    thanks hgp
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    I too had a rot with some issues. Never trusted her 100%. She had too much prey drive and was way more intelligent than any dog I had afterwards.
    She lied a lot. Like: I had two dogs, a male Fila and this female rot, I was giving food to both dogs. The rot finishing her food first, then running outside to the gate barking. That alarmed the Fila, he is thinking someone is at the gate, running outside too. The rot returned over the kitchen back door to steal his food. She did very clever things to get what she wanted, sadly some kids banged against the gate and when the rot stuck the nose under the gate, they hit her. Since then, she distrusted kids. Knowing how smart she was, I never trusted her around kids anymore, she may had set up a trap to be alone with one, I swear she was that clever.
    that's funny my rot use to do similar things. he would get my other dogs to pay attention to other things and eat their food. this only lasted for a few weeks. then he would just bully them when he was done with his food. had to feed him inside so the other dogs could finish.
    Pro God, Pro Gun, Pro Life.

4. Quote Originally Posted by DemntedCowboy View Post
    Thats why I got a 30lb chiuaua. He doesnt do much but sleep, eat, and bark at people walking on the street. Lol
    lmao! I got one close to that. A fat 14 year old jack russell mix mut from the pound. eats, sleeps, barks at leaves blowing in the yard.

5. Happy New Year!
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by THOR 70 View Post
    I have a pit bull, red healer, jack russel mutt. From day one it has been a lot of discipline, love, and establishing a very clear cut hierarchy in our relationship. I would force him to struggle snuggle with me as puppy and now all he wants to do is pass out on top of me and momma haha. He is very weary of the kids when they were young and it honestly scared the **** out of me. So we teach the kids boundaries etc. as the kids get older they are less erratic and he is getting really comfortable with them. But he is still a dog and not a human. If he even snapped at my kids it would be good night. Would be super had to do but I would feel worse if I allowed harm to come to my children from an animal i let in my home.
    It can't always be that cut and dry. Sometimes there are other extenuating circumstances as well. When a dog is ill or in pain they can get nippy and aggressive but it doesn't mean they are dangerous. My best friends dog bit my daughter on the arm one day. Just surface scratches, but she was a 100lb yellow lab who had been around the kids all her life and never showed any sign of aggression. The day after this they has to take her to the vet because she was violently ill. Since she had never done that before, and even the vet said Trinity had probably pressed on her and hurt her that it would probably never happen again. The dog passed away last year never having so much as growled at another human being.

It can't be all or nothing, there has to be some situational awareness. If there is not then you are not suited to have a pet. There is a definite difference in types of aggression.

Now this particular dog, started to show a pattern of reactive aggression, and seemed to have some imbalance that made it unstable as well.

I agree HGP, there are "bad dogs" by that I mean naturally aggressive due to chemical imbalances and everything else. Their are proven psychological problems with dogs, and they can suffer the same types of reactions. Trust me there are "BiPolar" dogs, and dogs that are just wired wrong. Nothing you can do to correct that, or tell when that may go from an annoying / troubling behavior to someone getting hurt. A dog without chemical issues may have responded to all of your training, but one with a chemical imbalance is simply not going to be reliable especially in a gaurd dog scenario.

Like you mentioned what kind of dog is great for both family and guard, not too many. My big boy is 100% lover, and we teach him aggression is not allowed in any way with humans. I wouldn't expect anything more out of him than a hearty bark at the door or window which would deter most people when the windows shake. I can't imagine being there with so much unregulated breeding, then again it is up here too. However I looked high and low to find some controlled breeding with DNA testing when I got my Wraith.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html
  7. NTNM - Diet , my un-scientific approach to leanness

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    It can't always be that cut and dry. Sometimes there are other extenuating circumstances as well. When a dog is ill or in pain they can get nippy and aggressive but it doesn't mean they are dangerous. My best friends dog bit my daughter on the arm one day. Just surface scratches, but she was a 100lb yellow lab who had been around the kids all her life and never showed any sign of aggression. The day after this they has to take her to the vet because she was violently ill. Since she had never done that before, and even the vet said Trinity had probably pressed on her and hurt her that it would probably never happen again. The dog passed away last year never having so much as growled at another human being.

It can't be all or nothing, there has to be some situational awareness. If there is not then you are not suited to have a pet. There is a definite difference in types of aggression.

Now this particular dog, started to show a pattern of reactive aggression, and seemed to have some imbalance that made it unstable as well.

I agree HGP, there are "bad dogs" by that I mean naturally aggressive due to chemical imbalances and everything else. Their are proven psychological problems with dogs, and they can suffer the same types of reactions. Trust me there are "BiPolar" dogs, and dogs that are just wired wrong. Nothing you can do to correct that, or tell when that may go from an annoying / troubling behavior to someone getting hurt. A dog without chemical issues may have responded to all of your training, but one with a chemical imbalance is simply not going to be reliable especially in a gaurd dog scenario.

Like you mentioned what kind of dog is great for both family and guard, not too many. My big boy is 100% lover, and we teach him aggression is not allowed in any way with humans. I wouldn't expect anything more out of him than a hearty bark at the door or window which would deter most people when the windows shake. I can't imagine being there with so much unregulated breeding, then again it is up here too. However I looked high and low to find some controlled breeding with DNA testing when I got my Wraith.
    That’s why I said “snapped.” Inferring out of control aggression. If my dog was sick and I was letting my kids play on/around him and he lightly nipped at them, that would be on me and not my dog. I guess for me, I can read a situation and how a dog is acting and that makes it cut and dry. So I get what you’re saying

8. Quote Originally Posted by THOR 70 View Post
    That’s why I said “snapped.” Inferring out of control aggression. If my dog was sick and I was letting my kids play on/around him and he lightly nipped at them, that would be on me and not my dog. I guess for me, I can read a situation and how a dog is acting and that makes it cut and dry. So I get what you’re saying
    OH!!! Well yeah that makes a HUGE difference, we are using the word snapped differently. You meant snapped like "That dude just snapped and went off on they guy!" I took it as meaning snapped, as in nipped, aka - a reactive, or warning bite not trying to break the skin.
    Current Training Log -

9. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    OH!!! Well yeah that makes a HUGE difference, we are using the word snapped differently. You meant snapped like "That dude just snapped and went off on they guy!" I took it as meaning snapped, as in nipped, aka - a reactive, or warning bite not trying to break the skin.
    For sure brother!

10. Latest update on diet, gym, roids:

Was too lazy to write down my last workouts. I stopped using LGD, got joint pain and lethargy even on 6mg/day.
    Upped test to 450mg using Test/u at 250mg/w and test/e at 2x100mg/w. Currently taking Cardarine only on workout days, as it lowered my BP too much in conjunction with Telmisartan.
    Currently I'm pre-loading test/u for my upcoming vacations. This way I don't have to take any gear with me. My weight is going down again, now at 205lbs.
    Down from 230lbs, I'm proud, because of my discipline over the holidays.
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

11. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    Latest update on diet, gym, roids:

Was too lazy to write down my last workouts. I stopped using LGD, got joint pain and lethargy even on 6mg/day.
    Upped test to 450mg using Test/u at 250mg/w and test/e at 2x100mg/w. Currently taking Cardarine only on workout days, as it lowered my BP too much in conjunction with Telmisartan.
    Currently I'm pre-loading test/u for my upcoming vacations. This way I don't have to take any gear with me. My weight is going down again, now at 205lbs.
    Down from 230lbs, I'm proud, because of my discipline over the holidays.
    Congrats HGP, you should be very happy about making some more progress over the holidays. Me I just relaxed and ate... well I lifted too!!!!
    Current Training Log -

12. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Congrats HGP, you should be very happy about making some more progress over the holidays. Me I just relaxed and ate... well I lifted too!!!!
    Not everything is all "golden".
    I lost strength -and probably some muscles too. The lethargy from LGD is to blame, it made my last workouts sh1tty. When I tried to overcome it with "Radiate" it made it even worse. I'm sick and tired of having so much sides from anything, giving milk on deca, getting hypo from cardarine, lethargic from almost any roid.
    It seems I tolerate test now better than in the past, that is something new.

13. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    I lost strength -and probably some muscles too. The lethargy from LGD is to blame, it made my last workouts sh1tty. When I tried to overcome it with "Radiate" it made it even worse. I'm sick and tired of having so much sides from anything, giving milk on deca, getting hypo from cardarine, lethargic from almost any roid.
    Yeah, that is a frustrating situation. I have been there before. Ended up just quitting everything but a pre workout and protein powder for a while and after a few months I was able to start taking things again. Your body may just need to reach some sort of hormonal homeostasis, it may be knee jerk reacting to every change right now and really throwing itself off.

On top of that some of the strength could be from the stress of dealing with the dog situation too. Hopefully things will settle down and normalize a little bit for you.
    Last edited by MrKleen73; 01-03-2018 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Wow repeated myself too much had to fix...
    Current Training Log -

14. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    That sucks.
    I don't see how you deal with all the sides. Hell I feel like crap sometimes and I don't take anything strong. Everytime I think about the dark side I just read your post! lol

15. Quote Originally Posted by Studhorse View Post
    That sucks.
    I don't see how you deal with all the sides. Hell I feel like crap sometimes and I don't take anything strong. Everytime I think about the dark side I just read your post! lol
    LOL, yeah, I'm not holding back the truth. I'm still convinced that TRT for me was a life changing decision that I don't regret. Everything else....well...it's a rocky road and not healthy at all.

16. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    LOL, yeah, I'm not holding back the truth. I'm still convinced that TRT for me was a life changing decision that I don't regret. Everything else....well...it's a rocky road and not healthy at all.
    I have been thinking about TRT. I just got to get off my lazy ass and find a new Dr. I think I'm in denial. plus momma doesn't think I need it. She already thinks im too horny! Plus I don't think she wants me to spend the money on it, I have really crappy High deductible insurance.

17. I'm again at a point were I have to take a new approach. It has to do with life style, self image -and weighting sides against benefits.
    I don't know anyone my age (besides here on AM), friend, foe -or even client, who looks (and probably is) as fit as I do. I'm struggling to achieve the body of an 18 yo athlete -but at what cost? I have to curb my ambitions. Will think about it on a beach in Brazil.
    Training, supplements, roids, stims, fat burners....
    When is it enough? Is it ever enough? How much of what is realistic? How much do I need (and what) to stay as I am? What could I make better?
    What should I keep to a minimum? Lots of thinking....

18. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    I'm again at a point were I have to take a new approach. It has to do with life style, self image -and weighting sides against benefits.
    I don't know anyone my age (besides here on AM), friend, foe -or even client, who looks (and probably is) as fit as I do. I'm struggling to achieve the body of an 18 yo athlete -but at what cost? I have to curb my ambitions. Will think about it on a beach in Brazil.
    When is it enough? Is it ever enough? How much of what is realistic? How much do I need (and what) to stay as I am? What could I make better?
    It's a slippery slope my friend. Simple fact of life is that age changes things. I'm becoming fond of the saying "It ain't the years, it's the mileage". Seems every bad decision or injury is now coming back to haunt me. At least we still have our good looks, right??
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

19. Quote Originally Posted by Studhorse View Post
    I have been thinking about TRT. I just got to get off my lazy ass and find a new Dr. I think I'm in denial. plus momma doesn't think I need it. She already thinks im too horny! Plus I don't think she wants me to spend the money on it, I have really crappy High deductible insurance.
    TRT was one of the best decisions of my life. Look at my TRT related threads. If serious then message me with questions, I’d be glad to help. If you are on FB, there is a great group called Testosterone Replacement Therapy Discussion. Tons of guys on TRT can help.
    May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:
    myBloodTracker for IPhone and IPad
    https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i

20. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    I'm again at a point were I have to take a new approach. It has to do with life style, self image -and weighting sides against benefits.
    Quit worrying about trying to obtain the body of an 18 year old, and go for the body that makes you happy instead
    I mean if you really hate your balls, go for it. But, what did they do to you?

21. Quote Originally Posted by DemntedCowboy View Post
    Quit worrying about trying to obtain the body of an 18 year old, and go for the body that makes you happy instead
    I really want to look like an 18 yo athlete -and that is a problem. I have to change my mentality.

-and look like normal people again:

LOL

22. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    I really want to look like an 18 yo athlete -and that is a problem. I have to change my mentality.

LOL
    Thats not enough beer in there. Lol
    I mean if you really hate your balls, go for it. But, what did they do to you?

23. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post

LOL
    Wth is that lol Bro your pics and memes are soooooo entertaining they trip me out. Seriously was reading your thread earlier about everything with your dog and I really do enjoy your log man. Filled with all types of knowledge, personal experience, real life and of course humor. I dont post up very often but I do follow.

Just some things I've learned about myself. Running more of this or that to make some changes that ultimately are only minor in the grand scheme of things really have minimal impact on my happiness. I can become more discontent by trying harder to do this or that and not getting the desired outcome. Is it ever enough? Ultimately I have concluded no, the only real end goal has to be to be happy about who I am and where my life is over how I look. Though overall health and well being being what's most important to me.

I just cruise on low dose because I feel better and if I want to change things up a bit ill throw in an oral or something else low dose. If i fall off my diet (as was the case over the holidays) I just roll with as I'm happier being able to eat and enjoy life and friends and family that time of year. Now with the new year ill tighten up. And throwing in some low dose var to make it interesting and fun. I still try to be disciplined and take my diet and training serious but not to the point that I will sacrifice the joy of life. Its just my perspective beginning to change as I get older I guess.

But seriously though man, youve made amazing progress. I remember when you first came here and ran a log running I believe some prohormones as you were trying to cut? The pic w the medal detector stands out. Youve come a long way and as an older guy I believe what you've accomplished is equally inspirational to the young bucks as well us older guys.
    Rep for MA Research
    MARESEARCHCHEMS.com
    GS15 for 15%off

24. Quote Originally Posted by Godstrength View Post
    Wth is that lol Bro your pics and memes are soooooo entertaining they trip me out. Seriously was reading your thread earlier about everything with your dog and I really do enjoy your log man. Filled with all types of knowledge, personal experience, real life and of course humor. I dont post up very often but I do follow.

Just some things I've learned about myself. Running more of this or that to make some changes that ultimately are only minor in the grand scheme of things really have minimal impact on my happiness. I can become more discontent by trying harder to do this or that and not getting the desired outcome. Is it ever enough? Ultimately I have concluded no, the only real end goal has to be to be happy about who I am and where my life is over how I look. Though overall health and well being being what's most important to me.

I just cruise on low dose because I feel better and if I want to change things up a bit ill throw in an oral or something else low dose. If i fall off my diet (as was the case over the holidays) I just roll with as I'm happier being able to eat and enjoy life and friends and family that time of year. Now with the new year ill tighten up. And throwing in some low dose var to make it interesting and fun. I still try to be disciplined and take my diet and training serious but not to the paint that I will sacrifice the joy of life. Its just my perspective beginning to change as I get older I guess.

But seriously though man, youve made amazing progress. I remember when you first came here and ran a log running I believe some prohormones as you were trying to cut? The pic w the medal detector stands out. Youve come a long way and as an older guy I believe what you've accomplished are even inspirational to the young bucks as well.
    Thank you, @Godstrength , inspirational words! Have to think about: "What makes me happy." Yep, I remember the day I started with a sh1tload of Sarms -and whatnot, even "Myo-Inositol Trispyrophosphate" ( ITPP ), LMAO! Its insane what I tried in 2+ years by self experiments, some blew up in my face. As an "extremist" its hard for me to find a "middle way". Its always "all -or nothing". Like the time I tried drugs...all of them...you have no idea, LOL, still having flashbacks.
    Will overcome this little crisis.

And maybe go back to drugs kidding:

25. Gym

Chin ups BW
    13/10/10/9+1

Seated row narrow grip, holding 1 sec.
    230lbs 10/10/8

one armed DB row (Kroc)
    110lbs 10/9/7+1

Landmine press one armed 2xplates
    10/6/7

Incline chest press machine
    255lbs x6
    220lbs x8/9/8/6

Cable flies
    5 sets

Triceps push down bar
    different angles, changing weights
    8 sets
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-29-2012, 12:22 PM
  2. Which approach to diet?
    By McCoy1989 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2012, 12:35 AM
  3. time to lean out... diet adjustments?
    By ammoarsenal in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-03-2010, 04:09 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-30-2009, 09:13 AM
  5. Trying a new approach to remove my gyno Letro
    By j0sh710 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 04:04 PM