NTNM - Diet , my un-scientific approach to leanness

Page 30 of 34 First ... 2829303132 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    Today's gym will be "testing the waters".
    My plan is to go for machines only. As soon as I note that I can use the machine without pain, I'll do my sets, then switch to a different exercise.
    I'm not trying to figure out which movement hurts, as it could aggravate my condition. No free weights, un-racking and re-racking will definitely cause an incident.

Injecting into the spot is still a hustle. It's between the front delt and the side delt, full of nerves. I get cold sweats every time I try.
    No doubt, set those machines up at a partial ROM starting point where possible. When my shoulder is acting up all of my pressing starts from about 4 inches out from my normal Rom so that I am already in a stronger position when I engage the resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    Yeah, I know you think that. You got a foam roller?

Lay on your back on the foam roller...with the roller under your rear delt or the arm that hurts. Roll from your felt down your lat as much as you can. Change your position from being on your side with your arm extended in front of you and the roller under your arm/shoulder and along the side of your lat to gradually laying on your back with the roller under your lat and your arm across your roller held out to your side. Work it all around.

I bet you a bottle of apigenin that if you work the back of the shpulder/scapula area and try to find the right spot, you will eventually hit a spot that makes the front of your shoullder feel like you have a kife in it. You will scream and want to cry. I cried a little. Keep rolling. Then get up and see how it feels.
    And if he doesn't find that spot he gets a bottle too? Not a bad deal.... At least we know HGP wouldn't lie to ya! With shoulders it could be the exact opposite side. That damn ball joint leaves too many places to be injured.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

2. "No doubt, set those machines up at a partial ROM starting point where possible. When my shoulder is acting up all of my pressing starts from about 4 inches out from my normal Rom so that I am already in a stronger position when I engage the resistance"

Great advice! I have been doing this for atleast 2 years.
    Pro God, Pro Gun, Pro Life.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    No doubt, set those machines up at a partial ROM starting point where possible. When my shoulder is acting up all of my pressing starts from about 4 inches out from my normal Rom so that I am already in a stronger position when I engage the resistance.

And if he doesn't find that spot he gets a bottle too? Not a bad deal.... At least we know HGP wouldn't lie to ya! With shoulders it could be the exact opposite side. That damn ball joint leaves too many places to be injured.
    Quote Originally Posted by Studhorse View Post
    "No doubt, set those machines up at a partial ROM starting point where possible. When my shoulder is acting up all of my pressing starts from about 4 inches out from my normal Rom so that I am already in a stronger position when I engage the resistance"

Great advice! I have been doing this for atleast 2 years.
    Will start any exercise at lowest weight -and playing with rom. Thank's for the tip.
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

4. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    Will start any exercise at lowest weight -and playing with rom. Thank's for the tip.
    Some of the equipment at my gym will allow you to lower the seat enough to start at a point where the starting point is easy on my shoulder. this way I can still use good resistance without having to do 25 reps!
    Pro God, Pro Gun, Pro Life.

5. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post

If he says he wants a bottle...I will buy one for him. I almost said TUDCA, but then thought about it...Apigenin is more my risk tolerance. I will take his word on it.

And you bring up a good thought on the ROM. Do you do seated military presses? With your back fixed? I have always done my militaries seated in a bench. I am convinced this may have contributed. I have started to do them standing and the ROM is more natural. I can't press as much, but that may be because I was injured and lost strength. I've noticed that when sitting with a fixed back, I have to allow the bar to go forward just a little to get past my big Italian nose and fat head. Standing places the bar in a more linear path.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    If he says he wants a bottle...I will buy one for him. I almost said TUDCA, but then thought about it...Apigenin is more my risk tolerance. I will take his word on it.

And you bring up a good thought on the ROM. Do you do seated military presses? With your back fixed? I have always done my militaries seated in a bench. I am convinced this may have contributed. I have started to do them standing and the ROM is more natural. I can't press as much, but that may be because I was injured and lost strength. I've noticed that when sitting with a fixed back, I have to allow the bar to go forward just a little to get past my big Italian nose and fat head. Standing places the bar in a more linear path.
    Overhead presses are almost a no-go for me since the first injury. I do landmines and machine to compensate. Besides, the new injury acts up while doing movements like arnold presses, starting under the chin -then upwards -or while lowering weights.
    I tell you, each exercise I try today could activate that unbearable pain, I'm now preparing for gym, but I feel like I'm going to my own execution.

7. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    Overhead presses are almost a no-go for me since the first injury. I do landmines and machine to compensate. Besides, the new injury acts up while doing movements like arnold presses, starting under the chin -then upwards -or while lowering weights.
    I tell you, each exercise I try today could activate that unbearable pain, I'm now preparing for gym, but I feel like I'm going to my own execution.
    I hear ya. I want to tell you two things:

1.Hairygrandpa - You complete me.

2. When I hear I hear this song, I think of the guys in this board and the death March to the weight room.

https://youtu.be/YkWFSB3stfw
    Last edited by HIT4ME; 11-13-2017 at 07:17 PM. Reason: don't know why my phone messed up the text so badly....

8. Here what happened:

Assessment of doable exercises went well.
    Can do all of the machines, including shoulder press.
    Moderate weights only on:
    -lateral raises machine
    -shoulder press machine
    -inclined press machine
    -Only moderate -but enough to make it a challenge when using 21's or TUT 4.1.1

Did some of the physiotherapy exercises and instantly ran into trouble. Cuban rotations with only 2x5lbs DB's were a challenge.

Did a half-azzed chest and leg workout with some shoulder for blood flow -and got out. CNS overload. The constant anticipation of pain left me drained. Tomorrow is official gym day, for today, I rest.

Edit: Did not foam roll. @HIT4ME 's promise that it will trigger the injury made me fearful. Will not do that sh1t -period. Can't be good, why the hell would I trigger it?

9. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    Here what happened:

Assessment of doable exercises went well.
    Can do all of the machines, including shoulder press.
    Moderate weights only on:
    -lateral raises machine
    -shoulder press machine
    -inclined press machine
    -Only moderate -but enough to make it a challenge when using 21's or TUT 4.1.1

Did some of the physiotherapy exercises and instantly ran into trouble. Cuban rotations with only 2x5lbs DB's were a challenge.

Did a half-azzed chest and leg workout with some shoulder for blood flow -and got out. CNS overload. The constant anticipation of pain left me drained. Tomorrow is official gym day, for today, I rest.

Edit: Did not foam roll. @HIT4ME 's promise that it will trigger the injury made me fearful. Will not do that sh1t -period. Can't be good, why the hell would I trigger it?
    I was NOT implying it would trigger it. I am implying it will hurt when you find it, but the foam rolling will loosen it up and release it and after it is done you will be amazed at the improvement.

The thing that really hit me about this was that I had pain in my front shoulder but rolling the lat/infraspinatus caused pain in that EXACT spot when I rolled it. In other words, the damage/tension was on the back but because of the way the nerve activates I totally thought it was an injury to the front.

Breaking up tissue in the back was a big help.

10. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    I was NOT implying it would trigger it. I am implying it will hurt when you find it, but the foam rolling will loosen it up and release it and after it is done you will be amazed at the improvement.

The thing that really hit me about this was that I had pain in my front shoulder but rolling the lat/infraspinatus caused pain in that EXACT spot when I rolled it. In other words, the damage/tension was on the back but because of the way the nerve activates I totally thought it was an injury to the front.

Breaking up tissue in the back was a big help.
    I get it, but pressing on the back side would press the capsule out to the front , pressing the teared supraspinatus. I'm not ready for it and will give it time and meds before I start any manipulation. I swear the pain is not the normal "sweat it out" pain. It made me almost curl together in a fetus position, not gonna mess with that, seriously.

11. Ah, I don't have any pain at all, only 2 specific movements trigger it (anyway, that I have found, not searching for more...).

12. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    I get it, but pressing on the back side would press the capsule out to the front , pressing the teared supraspinatus. I'm not ready for it and will give it time and meds before I start any manipulation. I swear the pain is not the normal "sweat it out" pain. It made me almost curl together in a fetus position, not gonna mess with that, seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    Ah, I don't have any pain at all, only 2 specific movements trigger it (anyway, that I have found, not searching for more...).
    Yeah, give it time if it still is messed up that bad.

What are the movements that hurt again? Does it hurt to reach back behind you? Like arm down almost straight, or 20-30 degrees raised and reaching back?

This sounds similar to me...none of the movements for diagnosis caused pain or weakness and worming out didn't hurt. Actually, I took 4 weeks off working out and it got worse.

But reaching back or every day movements to the front - like changing my radio in my car while driving - hurt.

13. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    Yeah, give it time if it still is messed up that bad.

What are the movements that hurt again? Does it hurt to reach back behind you? Like arm down almost straight, or 20-30 degrees raised and reaching back?

This sounds similar to me...none of the movements for diagnosis caused pain or weakness and worming out didn't hurt. Actually, I took 4 weeks off working out and it got worse.

But reaching back or every day movements to the front - like changing my radio in my car while driving - hurt.
    One moment....
    I hate you!!!! I tried it and BAM! That is one movement! Happens too when pulling my pants up by the sides, almost same movement.

The other is with my hand under my chin in pull up position, palm facing away , then pushing upward in a certain angle

14. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    One moment....

I hate you!!!! I tried it and BAM! That is one movement! Happens too when pulling my pants up by the sides, almost same movement.

The other is with my hand under my chin in pull up position, palm facing away , then pushing upward in a certain angle
    Yes, now I remember you talking about pulling up your pants...but you talk about that so much when rtmilliburn is around it was just white noise at this point.

That reaching back motion is typically an infraspinatus issue.

https://www.muscle-joint-pain.com/tr...infraspinatus/

It took me forever to figure out and I still am not sure it was my issue entirely. I think my issues were caused by my extensive time behind the wheel driving and behind a computer and a poor posture/work setup.

15. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    Yes, now I remember you talking about pulling up your pants...but you talk about that so much when rtmilliburn is around it was just white noise at this point.

It took me forever to figure out and I still am not sure it was my issue entirely. I think my issues were caused by my extensive time behind the wheel driving and behind a computer and a poor posture/work setup.
    Wonderful news. First supraspinatus now infraspinatus. God damn !!!!

16. Sorry...um...just trying to help??

17. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post

Awesome link, by the way! Will do triggerpoint massage starting tomorrow!

18. Found some really good info here:

Part 1:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6v0HdXUWsA

Part 2 -what to do, exercises:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zxXF153IAU

19. I was going to suggest that if you are still injured to the point of extreme pain, and involuntary gaurding when pressure is applied directly to the area then it is not wise to do SMR on it just yet unless to another area that you think may be redirecting the pain like what @HIT4ME mentioned with a knot being on the back causing pain in the front.
    Current Training Log -

20. Awesome gym day

Had a pain free gym experience, doing all kind of exercises. Rowing with focus on developing lower traps, to correct bad posture , also some reverse grip exercises.
    Could do landmine press, Hex DB press, pendlay rows, straight bar curls and body weight triceps extensions on horizontal bar.

As long as I don't bring a weight up past the shoulders, everything seems to work. Good news!

21. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    Awesome gym day

Had a pain free gym experience, doing all kind of exercises. Rowing with focus on developing lower traps, to correct bad posture , also some reverse grip exercises.
    Could do landmine press, Hex DB press, pendlay rows, straight bar curls and body weight triceps extensions on horizontal bar.

As long as I don't bring a weight up past the shoulders, everything seems to work. Good news!
    Does it hurt is you make this motion....ahhh, nevermind. I just like causing pain. Haha.

Glad you had a good workout and I hope things continue to heal quickly!

22. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    Awesome gym day

So it was just a temporary case of vagitits than?

23. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    There is nothing temporary about his vagitis!!!!
    Current Training Log -

24. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    There is nothing temporary about his vagitis!!!!
    I love u all equally!

25. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    I love u all equally!

Hey we all know you love me more. There is a reason I'm the only one you keep in your basement
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-29-2012, 01:22 PM
  2. Which approach to diet?
    By McCoy1989 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2012, 01:35 AM
  3. time to lean out... diet adjustments?
    By ammoarsenal in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-03-2010, 05:09 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-30-2009, 10:13 AM
  5. Trying a new approach to remove my gyno Letro
    By j0sh710 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 05:04 PM