Carbs that provide energy but do not cause inflammation??

clint3612

Awards
I've tinkered with low carb lifestyles and it makes me feel soooo much better. I'm 42 and natty but I like powerlifting so end up feeling beat up all the time. However, when I start low carbing, my inflammation really starts going away but so does my performance. Any compromise out there? Any carbs that help with performance but do not cause inflammation?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I've tinkered with low carb lifestyles and it makes me feel soooo much better. I'm 42 and natty but I like powerlifting so end up feeling beat up all the time. However, when I start low carbing, my inflammation really starts going away but so does my performance. Any compromise out there? Any carbs that help with performance but do not cause inflammation?
By inflammation do you mean bloating/water retention? Since glycogen holds water, eating carbs will make your body hold more water than it would without carbs. There are definitely some carbs out there that make me feel more bloated than others, really any carb source that can absorb water (oatmeal, rice, pasta, etc.). Have you tried potatoes or sweet potatoes? I've always found potatoes to help a lot with bloating and water retention, and I feel like they digest better.

I would also recommend adding a GDA into your supplementation. Using a product like Slinmax can definitely help to reduce bloating and increase glycogen uptake to the muscle. This can help improve digestion and alleviate serious bloating and water retention caused by eating carbs.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
solomon-chan Weight Loss 15
Supplements 22
Nutrition / Health 7
cruze1911r1 Nutrition / Health 38
Anabolics 23