Guys, I am not losing weight!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Guys, I am not losing weight!


    Hey everyone. So, here's my problem...I am not losing any weight! Scratch that, I have lost 4 lbs and now it is not budging. I am 5'10", 300 lbs. I carry the weight well, i'm not like, hugely obese, but my body fat is pretty high.

    so, anyway, i eat very high protein and when counting calories, i am in a deficit. I work out with heavy weights and do some cardio sometimes. tonight i will be doing cardio, last night i trained arms.

    i take tri andro, beverly ump protein, and my preworkout is usually transparent labs bulk, or sometimes mesomorph or sp250. i take beverly multi (super pak) and vitamin d (i'm deficient)

    what am i doing wrong? am i just not being patient enough? my macros are around 60% protein, 30% fat, 10% carbs. I usually eat my carbs right before the workout.

    whats going on...is it the andro stack im taking? the weight aint budging.

    thanks bros


  2. Ignore your weight for now, man. You're working out, and your weight is likely just converting from fat to muscle. You need to be patient, and just watch. Get some good before photos, and compare them to your current body composition every few weeks.
    Weight is a standard that is far too often given a much higher level of importance than it actually warrants.
    •   
       


  3. ^ this. Monitor your visual changes. Weight will fluctuate. Last weekend i went up to 192 lbs.. still fit into my slacks.. take it back half a year ago i was around 190ish and my slacks felt like bursting from the waist.
  4. Guys, I am not losing weight!


    Right DO NOT take this the wrong way, I am not being a dick. You are 5'10 300lbs, you are really over weight, hold it well or not. Anabolics will not be a magic bullet for weight loss. Have you had your health markers checked? Possible Elevated BP, potential cholesterol problems etc could be very complicated for someone of your weight! You need to look at your diet, you could loose 100lbs in a year with just diet and cardio alone. What are your calories at? If you're not losing weight, drop you kcals and up your cardio. 40 mins LISS 3-4 times a week with your weight training. Drink a gallon of water a day. If you're not sporting a lot of muscle, 60% protein isn't necessary, it's not necessary atall 1-2g/lbm is all that's needed, you could drop it and add more carbs/healthy fats. What's your typical daily food intake?

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Juicedeez utz View Post
    Right DO NOT take this the wrong way, I am not being a dick. You are 5'10 300lbs, you are really over weight, hold it well or not. Anabolics will not be a magic bullet for weight loss. Have you had your health markers checked? Possible Elevated BP, potential cholesterol problems etc could be very complicated for someone of your weight! You need to look at your diet, you could loose 100lbs in a year with just diet and cardio alone. What are your calories at? If you're not losing weight, drop you kcals and up your cardio. 40 mins LISS 3-4 times a week with your weight training. Drink a gallon of water a day. If you're not sporting a lot of muscle, 60% protein isn't necessary, it's not necessary atall 1-2g/lbm is all that's needed, you could drop it and add more carbs/healthy fats. What's your typical daily food intake?
    Hey bro, thanks for your feedback, i dont think you're bein a dick, it's all good.

    well for instance, today i had:

    morning:

    protein shake (20g protein)


    mid morning snack:

    3 eggs scrambled with onions


    lunch:

    protein bar (pure protein brand) (i usually have something else, but today i was in a time crunch)


    before workout:

    tuna with mayo on 2 slices of bread


    after workout

    protein shake


    dinner:

    turkey burger is on the menu


    i drink about 3 liters of water a day, so i will up it more. i used to be big into lifting, but then I got married and got fat. now i am fed up with being a fatty, so i want to cut big time. i have recently gotten a full physical and blood work, and all looks well. i know anabolics aren't a magic bullet, i just know they help. plus they help me feel great!

    i forgot to mention, im taking hydroxyelite by hi tech also. helps with keeping my appetite at bay and great energy

    Thanks again
    •   
       


  6. Does all that look good? Again, I think I'm doing everything I'm supposed to, but for some reason the scale isn't budging.

    Maybe I DO need more cardio. I feel like my diet is on point though.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Industrial View Post
    Hey bro, thanks for your feedback, i dont think you're bein a dick, it's all good.

    well for instance, today i had:

    morning:

    protein shake (20g protein)


    mid morning snack:

    3 eggs scrambled with onions


    lunch:

    protein bar (pure protein brand) (i usually have something else, but today i was in a time crunch)


    before workout:

    tuna with mayo on 2 slices of bread


    after workout

    protein shake


    dinner:

    turkey burger is on the menu


    i drink about 3 liters of water a day, so i will up it more. i used to be big into lifting, but then I got married and got fat. now i am fed up with being a fatty, so i want to cut big time. i have recently gotten a full physical and blood work, and all looks well. i know anabolics aren't a magic bullet, i just know they help. plus they help me feel great!

    i forgot to mention, im taking hydroxyelite by hi tech also. helps with keeping my appetite at bay and great energy

    Thanks again
    How many calories are you taking in, throughout the day? Your diet can be on point as far as content is concerned, but not on point as far as volume is concerned. You very well could be taking in too little, which has the potential to do all kinds of wacky stuff to your body, such as never losing weight.
    I'm going to suggest one thing to you, though. Do some research on the Keto diet. After doing some research, decide if that might be a valid option for you. I personally just started it for cutting, and I have a few friends that have had incredible results on it. Just a thought.

  8. To be honest it looks like you're way under eating, which could stall weight loss but not that quickly..... have you done a TDEE? What sort of lifting programme you on? How much cardio do you ACTUALLY do?
  9. Guys, I am not losing weight!


    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial View Post
    Hey bro, thanks for your feedback, i dont think you're bein a dick, it's all good.

    well for instance, today i had:

    morning:

    protein shake (20g protein)


    mid morning snack:

    3 eggs scrambled with onions


    lunch:

    protein bar (pure protein brand) (i usually have something else, but today i was in a time crunch)


    before workout:

    tuna with mayo on 2 slices of bread


    after workout

    protein shake


    dinner:

    turkey burger is on the menu


    i drink about 3 liters of water a day, so i will up it more. i used to be big into lifting, but then I got married and got fat. now i am fed up with being a fatty, so i want to cut big time. i have recently gotten a full physical and blood work, and all looks well. i know anabolics aren't a magic bullet, i just know they help. plus they help me feel great!

    i forgot to mention, im taking hydroxyelite by hi tech also. helps with keeping my appetite at bay and great energy

    Thanks again
    You are eating nowhere enough for a 300lb person, at a guess you are eating between 1500 and 1800 kcal a per day and your body is probably in starvation mode. I rarely drop below 2200 kcals even when my weight is low 160s

    I would up your calories to reset metabolism and see what happens from there

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Juicedeez utz View Post
    To be honest it looks like you're way under eating, which could stall weight loss but not that quickly..... have you done a TDEE? What sort of lifting programme you on? How much cardio do you ACTUALLY do?
    I was thinking the same as I read through your post. Are you tracking calories and macros?
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative✯Use code MARK30 to save 30% on All Hi-Tech Parma Companies,APSNutrition,ALRIndu stries,LG Sciences,Hi-Tech Pharma,FormutechNutrition,Ifor ce Nutrition

  11. @Industrial, How many protein shakes a day?

  12. You need to find an online macro and caloric intake calculator. Then you can figure out your macros for you personally and for your goals of what you need to take in each day. That will be the best place to start in terms of your diet.
    Official Strong Supplement Shop Board Rep
    www.strongsupplementshop.com
    Join Us In The Pursuit of Strength - Go Strong!

  13. Quote Originally Posted by BEAST73 View Post
    @Industrial, How many protein shakes a day?
    2 to 3. usually right when i wake up, then right after a workout, and sometimes right before bed. so up to 3

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Juicedeez utz View Post
    To be honest it looks like you're way under eating, which could stall weight loss but not that quickly..... have you done a TDEE? What sort of lifting programme you on? How much cardio do you ACTUALLY do?
    i haven't done a tdee, but i will today. i lift a body part each day. monday, chest. tuesday, back. wed, shoulders. etc.

    cardio, i do about every other day after my bodypart workout. last night i did 30 minutes on the elliptical and the weight is still not budging.

    i think you're right. i might be UNDEReating. i thought the weight would come off quicker if i didnt eat that much!

  15. Quote Originally Posted by MARK_ View Post
    I was thinking the same as I read through your post. Are you tracking calories and macros?
    i am not. but maybe i should.

  16. here is my diary for yesterday.

    Name:  diary.PNG
Views: 63
Size:  31.7 KB

  17. here are my daily goals:

    Name:  goals.PNG
Views: 67
Size:  5.9 KB

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Industrial View Post
    here is my diary for yesterday.

    Name:  diary.PNG
Views: 63
Size:  31.7 KB
    Where is the Chicken and Beef? Lol!

  19. Quote Originally Posted by BEAST73 View Post
    Where is the Chicken and Beef? Lol!
    I have chicken breast for lunch today, yesterday was more of an egg day lol

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Industrial View Post
    here is my diary for yesterday.

    Name:  diary.PNG
Views: 63
Size:  31.7 KB
    Yea man, your calories are definitely WAY too low...
    If you don't put enough food in your guts, your body thinks it is starving and will hold on to everything it can, doling out the nutrients in piecemeal fashion. A very common misconception and mistake is that you must be afraid to eat, if you're trying to lose weight. That is very very untrue. Your body needs fresh nutrients in order to effectively function the way it's designed. You wouldn't put bad gas in a Ferrari just to save money on fuel, because that would only cause problems and you would end up broke, repairing stuff. A caloric deficit is good, but not an extreme deficit.
    First of all, you are drinking too many protein shakes. You need real foods in your diet, and less pre-processed proteins. Protein shakes before and after a workout are great, and maybe to help supplement a meal now and then as well, but they shouldn't be used as your only source of nutrients, so frequently.
    You are demonstrating that you want to make this work, and that you are capable of following a plan, but you haven't effectively planned yet. I would hate to see you give up, simply because you missed one step. Do some research on different weight loss programs, make a decision on the program that meets your goals, do more research and thoroughly understand it. Do some grocery shopping that fits your program, then nail the **** out of your goals.
    Here is the thing, you can ask the folks in here all day long but we aren't you, and can only give generic advice. You have to gain some understanding of the basic concepts, and build your own knowledge base.
    I said it once already, and I'll suggest it once more. When you are doing your research, make sure you look into the Keto diet.

  21. Any chance there's a few things that you eat that you're maybe not adding in?
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

  22. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    Any chance there's a few things that you eat that you're maybe not adding in?
    Nope, that's it. I will do better today. I am going to be tracking my calories from here on out.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Hellix2 View Post
    Yea man, your calories are definitely WAY too low...
    If you don't put enough food in your guts, your body thinks it is starving and will hold on to everything it can, doling out the nutrients in piecemeal fashion. A very common misconception and mistake is that you must be afraid to eat, if you're trying to lose weight. That is very very untrue. Your body needs fresh nutrients in order to effectively function the way it's designed. You wouldn't put bad gas in a Ferrari just to save money on fuel, because that would only cause problems and you would end up broke, repairing stuff. A caloric deficit is good, but not an extreme deficit.
    First of all, you are drinking too many protein shakes. You need real foods in your diet, and less pre-processed proteins. Protein shakes before and after a workout are great, and maybe to help supplement a meal now and then as well, but they shouldn't be used as your only source of nutrients, so frequently.
    You are demonstrating that you want to make this work, and that you are capable of following a plan, but you haven't effectively planned yet. I would hate to see you give up, simply because you missed one step. Do some research on different weight loss programs, make a decision on the program that meets your goals, do more research and thoroughly understand it. Do some grocery shopping that fits your program, then nail the **** out of your goals.
    Here is the thing, you can ask the folks in here all day long but we aren't you, and can only give generic advice. You have to gain some understanding of the basic concepts, and build your own knowledge base.
    I said it once already, and I'll suggest it once more. When you are doing your research, make sure you look into the Keto diet.
    I agree

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Hellix2 View Post
    Yea man, your calories are definitely WAY too low...
    If you don't put enough food in your guts, your body thinks it is starving and will hold on to everything it can, doling out the nutrients in piecemeal fashion. A very common misconception and mistake is that you must be afraid to eat, if you're trying to lose weight. That is very very untrue. Your body needs fresh nutrients in order to effectively function the way it's designed. You wouldn't put bad gas in a Ferrari just to save money on fuel, because that would only cause problems and you would end up broke, repairing stuff. A caloric deficit is good, but not an extreme deficit.
    First of all, you are drinking too many protein shakes. You need real foods in your diet, and less pre-processed proteins. Protein shakes before and after a workout are great, and maybe to help supplement a meal now and then as well, but they shouldn't be used as your only source of nutrients, so frequently.
    You are demonstrating that you want to make this work, and that you are capable of following a plan, but you haven't effectively planned yet. I would hate to see you give up, simply because you missed one step. Do some research on different weight loss programs, make a decision on the program that meets your goals, do more research and thoroughly understand it. Do some grocery shopping that fits your program, then nail the **** out of your goals.
    Here is the thing, you can ask the folks in here all day long but we aren't you, and can only give generic advice. You have to gain some understanding of the basic concepts, and build your own knowledge base.
    I said it once already, and I'll suggest it once more. When you are doing your research, make sure you look into the Keto diet.
    ^this^ Keto isn't for everyone though and also there is no "best diet" for losing weight, calories in calories out unless you're starving yourself, do a TDEE go 300-500 under that and up your cardio 30-40 mins and go from their. Plan in a cheat meal each weak to help reset your lepton levels etc. Try eating whole foods rich in nutrients: oats, 0% Greek yoghurt, green veg, eggs (you've already got that down haha) fatty fish, have some read meat sometimes. Don't limit or starve yourself.

  25. Thanks bros! I will get on it!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Best way to cut fat and not lose weight?
    By ninja636 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-12-2012, 01:47 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-19-2011, 11:23 AM
  3. not losing weight on fatloss, routine inside.
    By justing in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-07-2008, 09:46 AM
  4. Not losing weight with Venom HD 3.0 ...Plz suggest .
    By shifrain in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-07-2008, 06:15 PM
  5. Can Not Lose Weight/ Over Dieting?
    By Reese in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 02-14-2008, 08:51 AM
Log in
Log in