Awards
Hi im 196lbs 5'9" about 11-12% bf

If I'm taking in
170g protein
30g carb.
110g fat

Approx 1900-2000 calories give or take

Will I be on ketosis?

Im doing 2 hours liss cardio ed and weights 45 mins.
I eat CLEAN
Basically boneless skinless chicken, broccoli and eggs, and coconut oil for remaining fat macro

runtyemonster

Awards
Keto is high fat, very low carb. Is it possible to be in a lower level of ketosis with those numbers? Yes. But increasing your fat and dropping the carbs another 10g's would be better, imho.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't think carbs are the problem here. I went 30g net and did fine. Is look around at different keto diets, your day looks very low imo and your protein on point

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is there a specific reason why you want to follow a keto diet?

Sharlaralphie

Awards
so I'm trying to burn as much fat as possible, I want to be shredded by september 22, I'm going to the Philippines with my wife

bboyflash

Awards
With your current macros you have you are currently eating 1790 cals much under your 1900-2000 also on keto remember you want majority of you food to come from fats and your caloric intake is much to low for someone your size I suggest uping your fat intake
There is plenty of info about keto on the forums just search
I would check out the ketogenic handbook by Lyle McDonald it explains pretty much all the type of ketogenic diets and trainings that go along with each style

Hope this helps��

Edenexodus

Awards
With those macros I would guess your blood ketones were around .5-.7mmol, I've done similar macros and that's around where I was. If you want more ketones either drop protein lower and up fat, or eat way less frequently.

Sharlaralphie

Awards
Okay so yesterday at work I was sitting at my computer and out of nowhere I felt like I was going to pass out and my hand started tingling, I'm assuming I have my macros too low.
I'm just too obssessive when it comes to things, I need to be less extreme I think with my deficit

Edenexodus

Awards
I've never had tingling, but light headedness happens at times early on from lower blood volume as water clears out from lower carb intake.

Could try getting electrolytes like sodium, potassium and magnesium sometimes that helps a lot with changing over into keto from a higher carb diet.

Clipper83

Clipper83

Awards
  • Established
One tip I have is drinking bcaas with electrolytes throughout the day and increasing your sodium intake to avoid the "keto flu". I read horror stories about 3 days to the first 2 weeks being awful(sluggish, headaches, fatigue). I managed to avoid all of those for the most part by taking in extra electrolytes.

If you're really set on keto you have to understand that it is more of a tool to help you keep your appetite at bay and not feel like you're starving. I honestly feel like I cut fat off faster when I keep my carbs low and avoid keto.

PS: add more fat

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One tip I have is drinking bcaas with electrolytes throughout the day and increasing your sodium intake to avoid the "keto flu". I read horror stories about 3 days to the first 2 weeks being awful(sluggish, headaches, fatigue). I managed to avoid all of those for the most part by taking in extra electrolytes.

If you're really set on keto you have to understand that it is more of a tool to help you keep your appetite at bay and not feel like you're starving. I honestly feel like I cut fat off faster when I keep my carbs low and avoid keto.

PS: add more fat
It is not ideal to drink BCAA all day.

He could simply add more salt to his food and/or go out to his local drug store and buy Pedialite.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ew Pedialite?
Absolutely. Lots of athletes drink it for electrolytes, people that are ill also supplement with it for electrolyte imbalance. I know a lot of nurses and they suggest drinking it post illness, depending on the illness. It is also good for hangovers.

Clipper83

Clipper83

Awards
  • Established
Absolutely. Lots of athletes drink it for electrolytes, people that are ill also supplement with it for electrolyte imbalance. I know a lot of nurses and they suggest drinking it post illness, depending on the illness. It is also good for hangovers.
I was kidding really. Yeah pedialite is another good option. I just recommended it because I had them sitting around.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If you need something that you can drink. I have used muscle egg or liquid egg whites to aid in keeping me in keto and adding extra protein to my shakes. I have been eyeing these https://www.mrsupps.com/productcategories/44/egg-whites/ for their content and ability to be used in several different ways.

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Pedialyte was my hangover cure in college :) lol

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
I think keto is a fine way to cut. There isn't any 1 trick pony when it comes to dieting, that's the beauty of it.

Try these macros: They are at a 15% deficit of your maintenance TDEE (guessing based on your stats).

Macros:
172g protein,
25g NET carbs (total carb - fiber)
126g fat
1922 calories

Also, keep up on your electrolytes. 5-7g of sodium, 1g potassium, 400mg magnesium a day at least. You can find a bunch of different ways to get them via google or whatever.

Industrial

Industrial

Awards
Okay so yesterday at work I was sitting at my computer and out of nowhere I felt like I was going to pass out and my hand started tingling, I'm assuming I have my macros too low.
I'm just too obssessive when it comes to things, I need to be less extreme I think with my deficit
Make sure you're getting enough salt in your diet

Sharlaralphie

Awards
Thank you!
What are your thoughts on clen while on a keto diet?