Begining of my bulk/mass gain diet - critique please

captain chet

Awards
Hey everyone, ive just started my full-time summer work, which sucks, but at the same time it gives me a great chance to get my diet in order. Ill give you some background:

Last summer istarted to lift religiously and train like i should. I run track in college and im a hard gainer, so once track season starts i try to just maintain what i gained in the summer. I look at summertime as my time to bulk up for track (which training starts in mid september and the actual season starts in december and goes all the way until early may). I posted my progress pics here http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25147 and it shows what progress i made last summer drug free. Gained a lot of mass and loved how i felt. Moving on to now. Ive kept most of that mass although ive taken the past 2 weeks of to decondition. Im starting the HST workout soon working out monday wednesday and friday every week and ill see how that treats me.

On to my diet:

Heres what i had yesterday and i plan to eat similarly.

7:00 AM
4 Hardboiled egg whites

8:30 AM
4 egg white ommlette w/ peppers and onions
Green Tea
1 Piece of wheat toast
1 Plain bagel

10:00 AM
1 Banana
1 Apple

12:30 PM
1 BBQ chicken breast w/bbq sauce
2 Servings of wild rice
2 Servings of green beans

2:30 PM
1 Banana
1 NutraGrain bar

4:30 PM - during my ride home
1 Protien Shake (ON whey)

LIFT at approx 5:30 PM

7:00 PM
2 Turkey burgers (97% fat free)
Caesar salad
2 Servings of wild rice

9:00 PM
Protien Shake

***EDIT***
Heres what fitday.com has to say about the calories and whatnot:

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total Calories: 2758
Fat: 79 715 27%
Sat: 21 192 7%
Poly: 15 136 5%
Mono: 32 291 11%

Carbs: 322 1149 43%
Fiber: 35 0 0%

Protein: 198 791 30%

***END EDIT***

Suppliments:
-Multivitamin
-ALA
-LOTS of water (2 gallons a day approx)
-Flaxseed oil pills (1 per big meal so 3 a day)

Suppliments im thinking about getting:
-Glutamine
-Superdrol (i have superdrol, debating on wether to use it or not)
-Creatine EE - i have this, waiting for a few weeks untill im back into the swing of things and have everything else established.

So what do you guys think? Any suggestions on what i should do? Check out my pictures and you will see what type of build i have to help you make decisions. Any help/critisicm/questions will be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!

BTW - i weighed myself first thing this morning and weighed in at 168.5 LBS. Last night before i went to bed i was 172.5 LBS :sad:
Im about 6'1'' and my goals for this summer are to break 185 @ 8% BF and to create a diet i can use for years to come. Thanks for looking.

-Chet

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
You should figure up how many cals this is because i know others will want it. Also, don't worry about what your weight is at the end of the day. You should only weigh when you wake up after you have relieved yourself.

And I am curious as to why you eat at 7 and then at 8:30? Why not just combine the two?

captain chet

Awards
Yeah, the only reason i eat at 7 and then 8:30 is because i leave for work at 7 so i have the hard boiled eggs i made the night before on the ride or right before. Then, i get to work at around 8-815, do my morning bullcrap and then head to the cafe and have them cook me up the egg white ommlette. basically i eat at 7 because it helps me wake up on my ride to work. i hate being hungry.

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Right off the bat, I'd say you'd probably want to go with better carb sources - e.g. instead of nutri-grain bars, toast and bagels, think more along the lines of oatmeal, sweet potatoes, barley. I know it's inconvenient, but it's much cleaner. If you're a hardgainer and you want to gain mass, I'd also bump calories to somewhere between 3000-3500, especially if you're still currently training for track. Shoot for 40-40-20, PCF maybe? Make some oatmeal the night before with your eggs. Eat the oatmeal and the whole eggs w/yolks at 7am. Add some ground oats to your 4:30 pre-WO shake. Add some good fats in too, raw almonds, walnuts, natty PB, fish oil. Flax is good too, but you need more than 3 gms/day. I don't really see where the fat is coming from, but it doesn't look like it's really 27% of your cals. Get some cottage cheese or casien and good fats before bed. Just some quick ideas.

captain chet

Awards
im working on finding a good source of casein protien to drink before bed. After i get my first paycheck ill be getting the glutamine and loading up on protien. Today i ground up oats in a blender with 2% milk, muscle milk, and peanut butter and im sort of taking "shots" of it here at work every time i drink a 20 oz cup of water. This suff kicks my stomach in the face if i drink too much at once.

Also, im not currently training for track anymore. The summer is a big time bulk cycle with as little cardio as possible, because i know as soon as september rolls around the cardio workouts are a good 4-5 days a week untill may. Im just lookingto gain as much muscle and mass as possible in the next 3 months.

Anyone else in a similar boat and involved in athletics where they only have a short "off" period to gain weight? if so, what works for you?

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
cottage cheese is a great snack before bedtime, plus you can actually get full.
Bump.

I never understood why some people insist on drinking a shake before bed(no offense Captain).

Cottage cheese is also my favorite, but I would think tuna, chicken, or beef would be a lot better than any kind of protein powder.

Methyl1

Awards
Why not just get up in the middle of the night say 3 am and down a mixture of one scoop of All the whey 20/30 blend with a glass of Skim milk mixed together? That is what ive been doing for the past 2 months consistently and its great.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Why not just get up in the middle of the night say 3 am
Because that would require that I get up in the middle of the night at 3 am...

Deep REM sleep is very important, especially for weight lifters. Not to mention that waking up to chug a shake really sucks.

Methyl1

Awards
Because that would require that I get up in the middle of the night at 3 am...

Deep REM sleep is very important, especially for weight lifters. Not to mention that waking up to chug a shake really sucks.
Well, I get up like every 2 hours during the night to pee anyway, so like clockwork my body gets up at 3 am. and i already have my shake made in the fridge in a water bottle. Get up, use the restroom and then head over to the fridge and chug it down and I go back to sleep like nothing ever happened and then wake up at 6:30 a.m. and make my breakfast and head off to work :)

captain chet

Awards
Not a bad idea at all. In regards to the food before bed thing, is it wise to eat something like chicken or steak RIGHT before bed?

Methyl1

Awards
Not a bad idea at all. In regards to the food before bed thing, is it wise to eat something like chicken or steak RIGHT before bed?
I wouldnt, it might affect your sleep eating something that heavy since your body is trying to digest that stuff.

tattoopierced1

before bed i down an AllTheWhey SuperMass 600 shake with 2 tbsp. of peanut butter. Sticks with you and is VERY easy to consume before bed...

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
In regards to the food before bed thing, is it wise to eat something like chicken or steak RIGHT before bed?
I don't eat big meals right before bed, but a glass of milk w/ flax oil & a can of tuna or chicken breast has never been a problem for me.

Blown

inventor of the remix
Awards
You're a hard gainer, eat 3500cals and see how you respond.

I wish I was an ecto, I would just eat non stop until I couldnt eat anymore, ****, then eat more..

captain chet

Awards
2 days ago i got in 3800 calories, yesterday i got in over 4000 (thanks to a 1200+ cal shake i read about on here. i used muscle milk, 2 cups 2% milk, 1.5 cups oat flakes, 2 tbsp peanut butter, 1 banana, 1 tbsp CEE).

2 days ago i weighed 168.5 in the am, this morning i was 170.5. I hope i can keep this weight gain up and gain with food alone untill im at a constant 180. Then i plan on putting some superdrol in for 3-4 weeks. Im going to continue drinking 1 of these shakes a day.

also, the shake is like a punch in the stomach if you drink too much at once so i have a nice system of how i get it all down. I leave it in the fridge at work in a shaker. I have a 22oz cup at my desk that i fill with water and each time i refill my water i go in the fridge and fill up maybe 4oz worth of shake, pound it, then drink my water. If i drank that shake all at once id be sick.