Powder Oats?

Grifter

Board Supporter
Awards
Does anyone know if a company makes Oatmeal in grinded powder form? Im wanting it to use for post workout shakes and such.

size

Awards
  • Established
Get a coffee bean grinder and grind them yourself.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I just blend them up with my shakes....alittle bit funny texture, but it's okay.....better than eating them cooked, IMHO

tabish121

Board Supporter
Awards
Coffee Grinder works very well for this, I make oat powder with one to use in my shakes every morning.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Wouldn't grinding them into a powder kind of defeat the purpose of using oats? :think:

I just blend them into the shake.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1 or 2 ounces of oat, even grinded is gonna be very tick and hard to drink isn't it? How can you guys drink that? Is there something "special" to do to prepare it or you just grind the oat, and add it to your shake?

Cactus

Awards
Does anyone know if a company makes Oatmeal in grinded powder form? Im wanting it to use for post workout shakes and such.
Here ya go:

Been using it for years, works great. And it's sooooooo much easier than the coffe grinder thing.

Alot of supermarkets have it.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
Wouldn't grinding them into a powder kind of defeat the purpose of using oats? :think:

I just blend them into the shake.

The GI barely changes when you grind oats. This is not the case for everything else though.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I was going to mention oat flour. I notice that when I use regular rolled oats in my homemade MRP that the oats are heavy and tend to sink to the bottom. Those last few sips are nothing but oatmeal. The oat flour is lighter and would probably mix a little better. I haven't used oat flour yet, but I noticed that a local health food store has it in bulk so I might switch to oat flour for this reason.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
But oat flour is row isn't it? Must be harsh on the stomach.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Or, if you're really extreme, oreo cookies! ExNihilo approved ;)

CarryOnTheChaos

Awards
  • Established
i like the oreo cookies idea ex, but i'll never see 8% again if i start thinking like that...lol

I just throw a cup and a half of oats in the blender with the protein powder and it chops them up small enough to get donw easy with only a little bit of a funny texture...very tolerable though IMO

regards,
COTC

Malek256

Awards
I have used oat flour for quite a while but the stuff doesn't mix very well. Ground oats seem to mix better and don't settle out as much.

One thing to note, if you have hayfever there are reports of oat flour getting contaminated with ragweed (verified but not common). I also read somewhere that uncooked oats tended to collect toxins from fungus but cooking eliminated them both. No idea if it's true? Anyone happen to know about that part?

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Damn oreos gummed up my coffee grinder :trout: I'm going back to oats :hammer:
Nono man, the process goes like this:

1. Eat oreo cookie
2. Chase with chocolate milk
3. Cleanse palate with ice cream

Your pumps will be friggin huge, and you'll notice XTREME growth!~ This post workout formulation is what let Dorian Yates put on 20lbs of muscle in one year and take the olympia crown from haney :rofl:

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
Your pumps will be friggin huge, and you'll notice XTREME growth!~ This post workout formulation is what let Dorian Yates put on 20lbs of muscle in one year and take the olympia crown from haney :rofl:
oh my god! SECRETS OF THE PRO'S REVEALED HERE ON AM!!!

HumpTheCook

HumpTheCook

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yeah i grind up my oats in the blender with a trasy cup of milk and a cup of egg whites. not the most delicious taste but definitely easier than eating the actual oatmeal, for me atleast.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Oatmeal Cinnamon Shake

2 C. Oats
2 C. Skim Milk
2 scoops Vanilla Whey Protein
Splenda & Cinnamon to taste
Extra milk or water if necessary

1000cals/84gPro/140gCarb/15gFat

1/2 C. Fat Free Cottage Cheese (optional)
6 T. Pasteurized Egg White (optional)
1 T. Flax oil or Extra Light Olive Oil (optional)

1260cals/107gPro/145gCarb/29gFat (w/ all options)

The whole works will fit into a 1qt bottle. Just don't drink it all in one sitting. When I'm lazy I'll make one of these in the morning and sip it until lunch time.

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
A coffee grinder works well, but only grinds enough for 1 serving. I use a blender & grind enough for 2-3 weeks at a time. I have a real nice blender, not sure if a cheapo would work as well. I've also used a food processor with good results.

Oats are one of the few grains where the GI really doesn't change when ground up.

Also note- a half cup rolled oats & a half cup ground oats are not the same quantiity. The density is much greater when ground & a smaller scoop will equate to a serving. I use a 70cc scoop from a protein container, it holds 39g of oats, I've weighed it on a scale.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
Also note- a half cup rolled oats & a half cup ground oats are not the same quantiity. The density is much greater when ground & a smaller scoop will equate to a serving. I use a 70cc scoop from a protein container, it holds 39g of oats, I've weighed it on a scale.

Definitely a great point if you grind in advance. :goodpost:

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
A little spendy on teh brown rice. I get 25 pounds for $7 at Costco.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Beta BBer

Awards
i grind about 200g carbs worth of oats per day, split into 2 homemade mrps....it goes down fine, trust me. its 4 times in the grinder. i dont have a problem with settling in my shaker cup, i just swirl it up before i take a swig....i put in extra so i dont feel bad about not drinking the crap at the bottom though, so i still get the right amount.

hey, the price is right....and no chewing.

RMT

Board Supporter
Awards
Nono man, the process goes like this:

1. Eat oreo cookie
2. Chase with chocolate milk
3. Cleanse palate with ice cream

If you put the "Double Stuff" oreos into the formulation do you think it would double the results?:icon_lol:

I did see that, but don't know if it's just grinded brown rice or kind of "cooked" brown rice powder.
How is it? easy to drink?
I purchased some and mix it in with some of my protein shakes. Changes the flavor somewhat but it's pretty good and easy to drink. Gets a little sticky to my hand held blender but I just let the blender in for a little more time than usual and it takes care of it.

RMT

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
If you put the "Double Stuff" oreos into the formulation do you think it would double the results?:icon_lol:

I purchased some and mix it in with some of my protein shakes. Changes the flavor somewhat but it's pretty good and easy to drink. Gets a little sticky to my hand held blender but I just let the blender in for a little more time than usual and it takes care of it.

RMT
Double stuff oroes cause incredible mass development. Beware though, overuse of the double stuff oreo is the true cause of the modern bodybuilder's "GH gut" :rofl:

RMT

Board Supporter
Awards
Double stuff oroes cause incredible mass development. Beware though, overuse of the double stuff oreo is the true cause of the modern bodybuilder's "GH gut" :rofl:
That's ok..... I figured out how to overcome that. When cutting instead of just 6 diet sodas for lunch I drink 8 and "ABRACADABRA!!!!" I look thinner!!!!:thumbsup:

Give it a try:twisted: LOL!!!

RMT

nemesys571

Awards
But oat flour is row isn't it? Must be harsh on the stomach.
In my country (Dominican Republic) the oat smoothie is commonplace, made with raw oat flour; tastes great and is very nutritive, but it is not intended for bodybuilders though -yet replacing the sugar with splenda, whole milk with skim and adding protein powder makes it a great protein shake.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Oat bran (ground or not) is a lot grittier than grounded oat meal. I wouldn't use it in a shake.

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
1 cup oats in coffee grinder then down the hatch chase with water:food:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Oliver Kween Anabolics 1
EpiStrong Supplements 30
LJ57 Supplements 23
LJ57 Supplements 1
Weight Loss 12