Diet question

Ryan5550

Awards
Here's my meal plan I'm and trying to cut some body fat ideally liked to lose 25 lbs in no rush. I lift 4 days a week and do 30 mins of cardio 3 times a week here's my diet what do you guys think. I'm almost carb cycling I have 2 higher carb days about 200 structure around my 2 heaviest lifting days. An 5 low carb days (below 40) and high fat on the low carb days.
High carb days
Breakfast. protein/carb
Mid morning snack. protein/carb/veggie
Lunch. protein/carb/veggie
Mid afternoon snack. Protein/veggie
Dinner. Protein/veggie
Before bed casein protein shake

Low carb days
Breakfast. Protein/carb
Mid morning snack. Protein/veggie/fat
Lunch. Protein/veggie
Mid afternoon snack. Protein/veggie/fat
Dinner. Protein/fat
Before bed. Casein shake

Am I on the right track here for fat loss. I'll take any suggestions. I am assuming on my high carb days limit healthy fats and on low carb days up my healthy fats basically?

btothefman

Awards
Need to chose wisely on your protein / carb / fat choices, particularly around when you are training.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Your diet strategy looks good, but its hard to tell without more information. Carb cycling is effective, but it only works if you are eating in a calorie deficit.

Do you know what your maintenance calories are? Are you tracking how much protein, carbs, and fats are in each meal? Carb cycling will help with fat loss, but you need to be sure you are burning more calories than you are consuming regardless of carb and fat manipulation

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Your diet strategy looks good, but its hard to tell without more information. Carb cycling is effective, but it only works if you are eating in a calorie deficit.

Do you know what your maintenance calories are? Are you tracking how much protein, carbs, and fats are in each meal? Carb cycling will help with fat loss, but you need to be sure you are burning more calories than you are consuming regardless of carb and fat manipulation
This. Finding out your daily caloric intake and macros is a great place to start and then you will know exactly how many protein, carbs, and fats you need to take in each day and hit those numbers however you want.

Ryan5550

Awards
Beat way find those macros for protein fats carbs? And how to caculate high carbs vs low carbs

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
Beat way find those macros for protein fats carbs? And how to caculate high carbs vs low carbs
Assuming you have a smartphone you could download MyFitnessPal, weigh your food and input the information from their database or manually add each item from the information on the food label (if not on their database or the macros are incorrect) into MFP and all your macros are there for you to see.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Myfitnesspal is my go-to. Also, all foods will have this information on the nutrition label. I would also recommend buying a food scale to track your intake accurately