Weight loss progress below!

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. Of course. I appreciate the help man!

2. Quote Originally Posted by McMantits View Post
    Of course. I appreciate the help man!
    Not a problem man, just keep up the good work!
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by McMantits View Post
    I was looking up what micronutrients I need a day to lose.

Carbs: 186 grams
    Protien: 186 grams
    Fat: 41 grams

Does that look right?
    That is actually Macronutrient breakdown btw, not micronutrients. Very different categories. Hitting the proper macros is more important IMO. A well rounded diet would ensure no micronutrient deficiencies. Oh, I love the username btw. Hilarious. I misread it as Mcmantis the 1st time I saw it and didn't think much about it. Lol. Keep up the good work bro and keep learning!
    OLYMPUS UK REP
    Use JEBROOK30 for 30% off at
    http://olympusuk.com/

4. Quote Originally Posted by Jebrook View Post
    That is actually Macronutrient breakdown btw, not micronutrients. Very different categories. Hitting the proper macros is more important IMO. A well rounded diet would ensure no micronutrient deficiencies. Oh, I love the username btw. Hilarious. I misread it as Mcmantis the 1st time I saw it and didn't think much about it. Lol. Keep up the good work bro and keep learning!
    You know, I thought someone would read it like that. My friends called me that in high school so I owned it lol. I've been finding TDEE's for obese people (I read that they are different from people with less than 50lbs to lose) and I've learned that my:

Body fat = 30%
    Fat weight = 76lbs
    Lean weight = 173lbs

I'm perfectly content with sitting at about 12% body fat (195-200lbs I think). From there I will really start lifting assuming I can afford a gym membership lol.

My big problem now is figuring out what foods I eat during they day meet my macros. I just need a solid meal plan.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Jebrook View Post
    Autocorrect made that micro instead of macro.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by McMantits View Post
    You know, I thought someone would read it like that. My friends called me that in high school so I owned it lol. I've been finding TDEE's for obese people (I read that they are different from people with less than 50lbs to lose) and I've learned that my:

Body fat = 30%
    Fat weight = 76lbs
    Lean weight = 173lbs

I'm perfectly content with sitting at about 12% body fat (195-200lbs I think). From there I will really start lifting assuming I can afford a gym membership lol.

My big problem now is figuring out what foods I eat during they day meet my macros. I just need a solid meal plan.
    Do you have an app to track macros? It makes it a ton easier

7. Quote Originally Posted by Tylerclee View Post
    Do you have an app to track macros? It makes it a ton easier
    I'm using myfitnesspal right now but I'm thinking of finding another. I love that it has TONS of meals and accurate calorie and nutrient info, but it doesn't include macro tracking.

8. Quote Originally Posted by McMantits View Post
    I'm using myfitnesspal right now but I'm thinking of finding another. I love that it has TONS of meals and accurate calorie and nutrient info, but it doesn't include macro tracking.
    Myfitnesspal is probably the most popular but my favorite is my macros+. rice and chicken is my go to meal for satiety, fiber helps you get full & stay full and I've found that a decent fiber intake really helps my insulin sensitivity as well.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Tylerclee View Post
    Myfitnesspal is probably the most popular but my favorite is my macros+. rice and chicken is my go to meal for satiety, fiber helps you get full & stay full and I've found that a decent fiber intake really helps my insulin sensitivity as well.
    Sweet. I'll download it right now. Boil the chicken I suppose?

10. Quote Originally Posted by McMantits View Post
    Sweet. I'll download it right now. Boil the chicken I suppose?
    Do whatever floats your boat, but I usually bake or grill.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Tylerclee View Post
    Do whatever floats your boat, but I usually bake or grill.
    Fried in olive oil adds healthy fats as well if there's room in the macros.
    OLYMPUS UK REP
    Use JEBROOK30 for 30% off at
    http://olympusuk.com/

12. Quote Originally Posted by Jebrook View Post
    Fried in olive oil adds healthy fats as well if there's room in the macros.
    Very true, although I usually don't have room for extra fats as I am a huge peanut/almond butter lover lol

13. Alright...I think I finally have a starting point for macros.

40% carbs = 180g
    40% protien = 180g
    20% fat = 40g

Since I have so much to lose I took 5% from fat and added it to carbs. I'll adjust as needed but this is based on 1800 calories a day.

Are there reasons for cheat days or do they need to be totally omitted?

14. Quote Originally Posted by McMantits View Post
    Alright...I think I finally have a starting point for macros.

40% carbs = 180g
    40% protien = 180g
    20% fat = 40g

Since I have so much to lose I took 5% from fat and added it to carbs. I'll adjust as needed but this is based on 1800 calories a day.

Are there reasons for cheat days or do they need to be totally omitted?
    If you need cheat day to keep your sanity, then yes. For pure weight loss, I'd think they aren't really necessary, even though an occasional cheat will not hurt your results.

15. Well I had my cheat day today and I don't think I'll ever be doing that again. My stomach is destroyed and I feel like I've been beat over the head with a brick.

16. Cheat days seem to constipate me

17. Quote Originally Posted by CorpKiller View Post
    Cheat days seem to constipate me
    They do the opposite to me

18. Bring your fats to 50g and lower your carbs slightly or keep them the same. Your cals seem way low for someone your weight.
    I'm 6'4 249 ATM - was 260 on New Years and I'm eating 3,000 cals a day and still losing plenty but keeping my strength
    Natural

19. Quote Originally Posted by BloodManor View Post
    Bring your fats to 50g and lower your carbs slightly or keep them the same. Your cals seem way low for someone your weight.
    I'm 6'4 249 ATM - was 260 on New Years and I'm eating 3,000 cals a day and still losing plenty but keeping my strength
    Natural
    I don't lift or anything so I'm mostly fat. On top of that I'm only 5'9, 249.

20. Is brown rice always supposed to taste like sadness?

21. Quote Originally Posted by McMantits View Post
    Is brown rice always supposed to taste like sadness?
    lol I always throw a little soy sauce in my rice.

22. Quote Originally Posted by Tylerclee View Post
    lol I always throw a little soy sauce in my rice.
    Lol, I was thinking about that for next time I make some. Or maybe buffalo with the chicken.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Tylerclee View Post
    If you need cheat day to keep your sanity, then yes. For pure weight loss, I'd think they aren't really necessary, even though an occasional cheat will not hurt your results.
    Agreed. It's important to be happy with the diet process or else binges or lack of motivation can happen. I eat something bad daily (100-200 calories) and have a decent cheat day weekly ( 2500 - 3000 cal). Don't be afraid of enjoying your life in moderation. You'll hit your goals faster and more consistently when you are happy.
    I don't make sandwiches and I don't clean house BUT I do play PC games and lift weights. Instagram: unicorn_droppings_for_you

24. Quote Originally Posted by UnicornDrpns View Post
    Agreed. It's important to be happy with the diet process or else binges or lack of motivation can happen. I eat something bad daily (100-200 calories) and have a decent cheat day weekly ( 2500 - 3000 cal). Don't be afraid of enjoying your life in moderation. You'll hit your goals faster and more consistently when you are happy.
    I was thinking about finding something I like to have at the end of every day or something along those lines. Probably just some potato chips or cheese. Dear God I love cheese.

25. Down to 247.6!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. **Weight Loss Progress** (NEED HELP)
    By brooksy3434 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 09:43 PM
  2. My weight loss progress log..
    By crazyfool405 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-28-2009, 04:20 PM
  3. weight loss patch