Carb refeed - pancakes or oatmeal?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Carb refeed - pancakes or oatmeal?


    Hey everyone , tomorrow is my refeed day after 8 days of low/no carbs and high fat high protein (keto) kinda. Does anyone really know if during my refeed that I should be eating my oatmeal, sweet potatoes and rice vs having my pancakes , 5guys burger/fries, couple donuts and pound some dextrose after my workout ?

    Any thoughts ? Feel free to bash my post to help me out. Thanks everyone


  2. Great question, I'm in need of the same info.

    All I know is I want a piece of carrot cake!
    •   
       


  3. @HIT4ME is a genius with this stuff. Maybe he can enlighten you guys with a bit of knowledge!
    Use rep code "FireTitan"
    [email protected]
    www.rxssupplements.com

  4. Refeeds are designed to get a leptin response.

    Keep fat low (subjective here)

    Cho should double( maybe triple) your normal intake

    Protein should be 1-1.5g per lb of body weight

    Don't over complicate a refeed
    Psalms 62:1-62:2

  5. Quote Originally Posted by FireTitan View Post
    @HIT4ME is a genius with this stuff. Maybe he can enlighten you guys with a bit of knowledge!
    haha - thanks man. Truth is, I'm just really good at cheat meals

    Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    Refeeds are designed to get a leptin response.

    Keep fat low (subjective here)

    Cho should double( maybe triple) your normal intake

    Protein should be 1-1.5g per lb of body weight

    Don't over complicate a refeed
    Yeah, this is pretty solid advice here. I may have slightly different guidelines but they are kind of following the same "rules". Basically, try to make sure you are still hitting your protein requirements for the day, the same as any other day, keep fat low (you can be a little more flexible than if you're on a strict diet, but don't go nuts) and get 1.5-3 grams of carbs per pound of bodyweight. As Tyga said, this is a lot about leptin response - so starchy carbs work well.

    There is a fine line between a refeed and a cheat - you can easily turn what was supposed to be a refeed into an out of control cheat, but you can also convert an out of control cheat into a reasonable refeed if you plan well.

    For instance, on my diet I will go out to eat for a cheat meal 1X per week. Sometimes this turns into 2X per week. Psychologically, if I get some tortilla's, lean ground beef, cheese and rice and make a burrito, and then have a baked pretzel or something for a "dessert" - it "feels" like a cheat but it gets me my carbs and keeps my calories within reason, fat moderate and protein is still high.

    Of course, it can easilly go the other way where instead of a pretzel I have a piece of cake and then it's no longer a refeed...it's a cheat.

    As Tyga said well - don't over complicate it, but don't go full retard and think you can eat unlimited amounts of food either.
    •   
       


  6. When I was on a diet extremely similar to that. On our refeed days we were told we could eat whatever we wanted so long as we stayed within a few parameters. Don't go over 3 grams carb per lb body weight. Don't eat an entire cake. Keep you sugars and simple carbs in check. Don't eat sugar just because you can. We would eat meals like spaghetti, pizzas, tacos with real tortillas and chips. Just make your refeed something you like.

    We also did an 18hr fast after our largest refeed meal. So we wouldn't eat until around 5 or so. The fast sucked by the way.
    Vein Nutrition Forum Rep IG-The_One_BD438
    https://www.veinnutrition.com/
    Use code Blue10 for 10% off your order
  7. Carb refeed - pancakes or oatmeal?


    Back in 2006 i hired Ken "Skip" Hill to help me get ready for my first (and only) show. His approach to refeeds are pretty legendary and known as a Skiploading (or ****loading). He preaches foods like pancakes and syrup, kidís cereal like fruity pebbles or LIFE, toast, no or low fat chips, hashbrowns, granola bars, spaghetti, low fat homemade pizzas, low fat versions of sushi, sorbet, etc.. Any food with low fiber, low fat and a high amount of carbs is a good choice.

    I remember i had a refeed go over 1,5 days in the end and it was amazing.

  8. Yeah skip wanted 5-7g fat or less per serving with whatever you were eating. My buddy used skip for a bbing show
    Psalms 62:1-62:2

  9. Agreed with all of the guys above, if you're truly trying to do a "refeed" and not just a cheat or "refuel", you need to stay VERY low fat. As low as possible really.

    If it's more of a cheat tho, just enjoy and keep fats lowER but don't bother getting crazy couting
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Bmac63095 View Post
    Hey everyone , tomorrow is my refeed day after 8 days of low/no carbs and high fat high protein (keto) kinda. Does anyone really know if during my refeed that I should be eating my oatmeal, sweet potatoes and rice vs having my pancakes , 5guys burger/fries, couple donuts and pound some dextrose after my workout ?

    Any thoughts ? Feel free to bash my post to help me out. Thanks everyone
    Great advice in this thread. For a refeed I wouldn't just use one source of carbs. It shouldn't be between pancakes or oatmeal, try to have fun with your refeed day and eat things you enjoy. Just work on keeping your fat intake low, as this will help mitigate body fat storage. I would also consider adding in a GDA or nutrient partitioning supplement to help with digestion on your high carb day
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  11. ^^^ Agreed with the above. Keep fat low and have fun with the carbs
    Official Strong Supplement Shop Board Rep
    www.strongsupplementshop.com
    Join Us In The Pursuit of Strength - Go Strong!

  12. Thanks everyone. Ended up by having 3 whey shakes with blended oatmeal and then a 5 guys burger with a medium fry. Had my high doses fish oil and glycobol with it. Going 2 weeks without a carb up then going to do an oatmeal sweet potatoe and rice carbup Thanks evryone

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Bmac63095 View Post
    Thanks everyone. Ended up by having 3 whey shakes with blended oatmeal and then a 5 guys burger with a medium fry. Had my high doses fish oil and glycobol with it. Going 2 weeks without a carb up then going to do an oatmeal sweet potatoe and rice carbup Thanks evryone
    Sounds like you enjoyed yourself. For future reference, if you're trying to do a high carb refeed, I would skip the high fat burger and fries IMO. Depending on your goals, I would aim for foods with significantly lower fat content, and higher carbs for a refeed day. How are you liking glycobol? Have you used any other GDA products?
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  14. Quote Originally Posted by john.patterson View Post
    Sounds like you enjoyed yourself. For future reference, if you're trying to do a high carb refeed, I would skip the high fat burger and fries IMO. Depending on your goals, I would aim for foods with significantly lower fat content, and higher carbs for a refeed day. How are you liking glycobol? Have you used any other GDA products?
    I love glycobol. The I love how there is basically zero blows. Even if I have a home made weight gainer. The shoulder pumps I get with it are amazing. Makes my poops green but they come out easy it may work different for others but it worked for me. Your body gets used to it those. So after about 3 weeks take a week off. But if it's just for high carb days then always use it

  15. Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    Refeeds are designed to get a leptin response.

    Keep fat low (subjective here)

    Cho should double( maybe triple) your normal intake

    Protein should be 1-1.5g per lb of body weight

    Don't over complicate a refeed
    keep the protein high, fats low. that being said, i know cakes, pancakes , basically anything tasty is high in carbs AND fat but i think its important to still have something you enjoy. maybe not an entire cake, burger, etc but make sure you still enjoy your meal while being relatively responsible . Mentally burning out will ruin your overall motivation and progress
    I don't make sandwiches and I don't clean house BUT I do play PC games and lift weights. Instagram: unicorn_droppings_for_you

  16. Quote Originally Posted by UnicornDrpns View Post
    keep the protein high, fats low. that being said, i know cakes, pancakes , basically anything tasty is high in carbs AND fat but i think its important to still have something you enjoy. maybe not an entire cake, burger, etc but make sure you still enjoy your meal while being relatively responsible . Mentally burning out will ruin your overall motivation and progress
    Mini cut is over ahahah dropped 12 lbs. now bulkin for 6 months

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Bmac63095 View Post
    Mini cut is over ahahah dropped 12 lbs. now bulkin for 6 months
    just in time for s ummer i see bulk times are such fun times. im leaning out now. sucks to shred during the winter. im an idiot sigh....
    I don't make sandwiches and I don't clean house BUT I do play PC games and lift weights. Instagram: unicorn_droppings_for_you

  18. Not unless u have sup3r epi

  19. White bagels, love them and doesn't send me into a carb coma.

  20. Oatmeal!!!

  21. Out of curiosity but do you truly need a refeed from a body standpoint or is it more for your brain/motivation?

    I also started dieting with an intention to follow a keto diet high fat, mod to high protein and low carbs. After a few days of good intentions and tracking everything I realised that it was impossible for me to hit my fat macros so ended up with a high protein, mid to low fat (mostly from proteins) and low to no carbs. So far has given me excellent results as I have lost more than 20kgs since mid October. Now for the last couple of weeks only I have started to 'relax' and enjoy a normal family dinner on saturdays -ie tonight I am having home made pizza (integral) and probably a beer or two. But at the beginning I did little to none refeed.

  22. Refeed helps reset leptin signals so your body doesn't adapt to lesser caloric intake. Also helps your brain. And your soul, really. Who doesn't love an AYCE refeed day?
    Olympus Labs Demigod
    PM me with any Olympus Labs questions
    Use Code WOODY30 for 30% off your order at www.Olympus-Labs.com

  23. I think the answer is ALWAYS pancakes

  24. Quote Originally Posted by money0351 View Post
    I think the answer is ALWAYS pancakes
    he ain't never lied.

    Nigiri is a possibility too
    Psalms 62:1-62:2

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Refeed helps reset leptin signals so your body doesn't adapt to lesser caloric intake. Also helps your brain. And your soul, really. Who doesn't love an AYCE refeed day?
    I think my refeed day turned into a cheat day. Had pizza for lunch and a huge triple burger and fries for dinner. Been cutting since January however and shredded lots of lbs to get ready for the summer. I believe my body and mind needed this cheat day. Seriously. Just got up after a nap and feel absolutely refreshed.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. AD Carb Refeeds
    By CryingEmo in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-05-2009, 04:22 AM
  2. Carb Refeed
    By CryingEmo in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-07-2007, 05:25 PM
  3. Ketosis on CKD between carb refeeds
    By Leggo my Ego in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-17-2006, 01:57 PM
  4. Carb Refeed
    By Ibanez in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-02-2003, 10:40 PM
Log in
Log in