Keeping the water off.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

Currently my 2nd week into a cutting cycle using test cyp. I know some people prefer prop, but i like the long esters personally.

Tyring to keep the water bloat down as much as possible, sodium is around 1.6g a day so id say thats pretty good also drinking 5litres daily, sometimes a little more.

Im using formeron as my AI but ive also heard a lot about taking 3000mg of vit c can help too? Is this the case? Any experiences with it from anyone?

Thanks

Brenn

Brenn

Awards
Man, water's a tough one. Depending on the person, it can be down to sodium, carb intake, E2, BF level, cortisol and for me, cardio and sauna if the other measures aren't working. Those last two make a big difference. Short HIIT cardio and sauna.

E2 is not the cuprit (cosmetically) that it's made out to be unless one is pretty fat or on high doses. 20mg of Nolva takes care of a lot of bloat on reasonable doses. But yes Formeron works. I've never heard of VitC for E2 control, but that same recipe (3 grams or so) is good for Cortisol control. 7 Keto, 11-oxo or 11 Ketotest are better though. If you're doing fasted cardio, volume training, and/or undereating, Cortisol can rocket up, so may be something to look at.

In order IME,
Diet. Eat enough to keep cortisol low and still lose weight if you're cutting.
Balance Sodium (if it and water intake are not consistent...not your problem it seems)
Short HIIT 3-5x a week
Sauna
7 Keto or other 11-b-HSD blocker, 2x a day 150-300mg total
Make sure digestion is on track with some Probiotics and Bromelain
If bloods show high E2, apply an AI at the lightest possible dose.

Hope this helps!

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Man, water's a tough one. Depending on the person, it can be down to sodium, carb intake, E2, BF level, cortisol and for me, cardio and sauna if the other measures aren't working. Those last two make a big difference. Short HIIT cardio and sauna.

E2 is not the cuprit (cosmetically) that it's made out to be unless one is pretty fat or on high doses. 20mg of Nolva takes care of a lot of bloat on reasonable doses. But yes Formeron works. I've never heard of VitC for E2 control, but that same recipe (3 grams or so) is good for Cortisol control. 7 Keto, 11-oxo or 11 Ketotest are better though. If you're doing fasted cardio, volume training, and/or undereating, Cortisol can rocket up, so may be something to look at.

In order IME,
Diet. Eat enough to keep cortisol low and still lose weight if you're cutting.
Balance Sodium (if it and water intake are not consistent...not your problem it seems)
Short HIIT 3-5x a week
Sauna
7 Keto or other 11-b-HSD blocker, 2x a day 150-300mg total
Make sure digestion is on track with some Probiotics and Bromelain
If bloods show high E2, apply an AI at the lightest possible dose.

Hope this helps!
Appreciate the help man. Was some really useful info there. I think im just very sensitve to bloat, and to be fair im currently sat around 14% cutting down so thats not going to help with that bf%.

Currently doing 4x cardio at around 25mins LISS (burning around 300-400cal) so thats probably alright.
I personally dont think its the sodium for me, but who knows.

Just have to keep trying a few things, i grabbed some vit c anyway and started at 3000mg so will be interesting experiment.

Brenn

Brenn

Awards
No problem, Bro. Based on what you've said, I don't think it's the sodium. Water intake is good and Sodium is stable. Hell, some guys go all the way to competition day without cutting sodium, just manipulating water.

As you get leaner it will get better. If you're like me, you'll need to get to around 8% before using Test seems like a good idea and every piece of bread or spoon of rice doesn't bloat the **** outta you. LOL. Until then, you might wonder.

Get a bunch of criciferous veggies in ya to boot. Broccolli for example. Really does a decent number on clearing E2 and its metabolites, especially if the liver is under a bit of stress from cycling gear.

genthoseffect

genthoseffect

Awards
Diet, diet, diet. Assuming your estrogen levels arent too terribly high (blood test to be sure). First, cut out all grains, then consider replacing 100% of your carbs with fruit veggies and watch the water fall off :)

I know a lot of people are afraid of the sugar and fructose in fruit...as if that's all that's in them. I have successfully prepped many clients for competition with only fruit and veggies for carb sources

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys,

Currently my 2nd week into a cutting cycle using test cyp. I know some people prefer prop, but i like the long esters personally.

Tyring to keep the water bloat down as much as possible, sodium is around 1.6g a day so id say thats pretty good also drinking 5litres daily, sometimes a little more.

Im using formeron as my AI but ive also heard a lot about taking 3000mg of vit c can help too? Is this the case? Any experiences with it from anyone?

Thanks
If you're bloating, its estrogen. Test by itself can have an impact on mineral retention (which causes bloating), but that typically only gets severe when your dosage exceeds 750mg on average. Keep estrogen under control and everything else is fine.

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
Setting aside diet, cardio, and all those other things previously mentioned, try using ground flaxseed with meals and before bed. It takes a few days, but it helps a bit with water retention and bloating. Also, personally I would up your water intake closer to 8 liters of water a day or even 10 liters for 3 days then 6-8 liters after that. Increase that aldosterone.