Post Cardio Nutrition...

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
We all know what to eat pre and post workout, and most have a view on what to eat (or not to eat for those empty stomach morning guys) before cardio, but I personally am lost on what to consume post cardio. I've heard everything from fats to fasting an hour or two after cardio then continue eating as normal. Anyone here have a view?

And would the post cardio nutrition change depending upon intensity, and if you ate anything before?

GTOman

Board Supporter
Awards
Good post, I'd be interested to hear some feedback on this as well as I've just started morning, fasted, low-intensity (40 min @ 60% MaxHR) cardio.

I've been taking one serving of Scivation XTend (BCAA product) prior to the cardio and eating breakfast about an hour later (after ****/shower/shave) which is usually egg whites, Canadian Back Bacon, potatoes, and a whey protein shake.

MMmmm Back Bacon...

taffer

Awards
i would eat a balanced, protein and carb meal, if you do low-GI, should be the same as weight training PWO, you can cut down on carbs a bit if you want, but thats just nit picking

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
this confused the hell outta me for years :frustrate

i found (after MUCH experimenting) that protein only before & after works best for me.
egg whites & whey before & whole eggs & whey after followed by normal eating an hour or so after that.

this is just for cardio only days.

Jag

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
theres been a lot of discussion on this. You have to try things and go with what works for you. For instance, I dont like fasted cardio so I'll get my breakfast in me then do my cardio low intensity for an hour. After that I just drink loads of water then eat a regular meal. I dont feel the need to drink a post cardio shake or anything like that. Others might feel different about that but its what works for me.

Pimp C

Awards
Good post, I'd be interested to hear some feedback on this as well as I've just started morning, fasted, low-intensity (40 min @ 60% MaxHR) cardio.

I've been taking one serving of Scivation XTend (BCAA product) prior to the cardio and eating breakfast about an hour later (after ****/shower/shave) which is usually egg whites, Canadian Back Bacon, potatoes, and a whey protein shake.

MMmmm Back Bacon...
I agree with taking BCAA's before cardio. i do them afterwards also. then i eat breakfast 30-45 minutes later. the XTend product is good. i usually use Xtreme formulation's ICE because it's cheaper.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 6
Weight Loss 5
Weight Loss 19
supersoldier Weight Loss 2
Weight Loss 18