Carbs

a312

Awards
I am going to start cycling my carbs in a couple of weeks. Should i just start straight away or should i go really low carb for a week or two first and then bring in the cycling?

Thanks

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When I did it, I just started right off. There's some very good articles online if you search "T-Nation carb cycling"

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shelby Starnes has a ebook floating around and as Sean said if you search you should find a few articles on it

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Your tips are to read the articles that were just given to you. After you read those, come back and ask for advice.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Oh cool thanks! Any tips?
I think its fine to cycle carbs at any point and you might even see improved benefit from tweaking the length of the cycles to suite your needs.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Use something like Glycobol during your carb ups. Best tip I can give. Makes your carb ups more efficient.

You also might want to stay away from BCAAs mid cycle as it can effect ketosis. Leucine is fine though.
Isoleucine and glutamine can easily convert to glucose though, so be careful.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Use something like Glycobol during your carb ups. Best tip I can give. Makes your carb ups more efficient.

You also might want to stay away from BCAAs mid cycle as it can effect ketosis. Leucine is fine though.
Isoleucine and glutamine can easily convert to glucose though, so be careful.
this. glycobol or slin sane will help big time with your carb refeeds. they eliminate the horrible bloated puffy feeling from eating carbs

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm going to start a CKD soon as well. I hate refeed days, feel like completed ass. Once you're in ketosis, eating carbs will make you feel completely lethargic.

This time around on my refeed days, I'm going to try to limit carbs to high GI post workout and low GI at other times, and keep it healthy. No junk binges during carb ups lol.. causes instant coma feeling

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm going to start a CKD soon as well. I hate refeed days, feel like completed ass. Once you're in ketosis, eating carbs will make you feel completely lethargic.

This time around on my refeed days, I'm going to try to limit carbs to high GI post workout and low GI at other times, and keep it healthy. No junk binges during carb ups lol.. causes instant coma feeling
I have had similar experiences with refeeds. I would feel like shlt after a refeed but I think it was because by the time saturday came I was practicality binge eating and almost all junk food. I found that eating things like rice and potatoes left me feeling much better

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I have had similar experiences with refeeds. I would feel like shlt after a refeed but I think it was because by the time saturday came I was practicality binge eating and almost all junk food. I found that eating things like rice and potatoes left me feeling much better
That's why I stopped CKD. It turned into an unhealthy lifestyle where I would wish the week away until my refeed day, eat like an idiot, and feel like death. It was fun for a few weeks, but it get old

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Free books/articles. App/Website. They had EVERYTHING.

Recently it's changed and you have to pay I believe.
I dont know how theu get away with that. They are basically selling copyrighted material that they dont have the rights too

Wafflestomped

Wafflestomped

Awards
Glucose disposal agents like slin sane def help with reefeds.

Also limit the junk food intake (ice cream, candy, poptarts etc.) since sugar and high fructose corn syrup are inferior to replenishing muscle glycogen. Starchy carb sources are the best and i have had my best carb ups on rice, potatoes, and low fat bagels.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
solomon-chan Weight Loss 15
Supplements 22
Nutrition / Health 7
cruze1911r1 Nutrition / Health 38
Anabolics 23