Help me on my bulking diet?

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I think my diet needs some improvement, but from how I set it up I don't see anything. (Very uneducated about nutrition) I am trying for a clean bulk, but still think I need more carbs throughout my day. An example of my diet is below.

(Some substitutions might be made but each meal will go along these PCF guidelines)

Morning: Bowl of Oatmeal and Weight Gainer Shake. Protein: 69, Carbs: 64, Fats: 15

Between Class Meal: Can of Tuna with ¾ Cup of Oats. Protein: 40, Carbs: 40, Fats: 5

Pre-workout Shake with Water: (Just a couple scoops weight gainer and scoop ON protein) Protein: 31, Carbs: 50, Fats: 2

During Workout: 12ounces Gatorade

Post Workout Shake with Water: (Just a couple more scoops weight gainer and scoop ON protein)Protein: 62, Carbs: 90, Fats: 5

Dinner: Chicken Breast, Brown Rice, Spinach Salad: Protein: 50, Carbs: 70, Fats: 10

Night Meal: Can of Tuna with Triscuits and Low-Fat Mozzarella: Protein: 49, Carbs: 57, Fats: 18

Bedtime: 2 Scoops Muscle Milk, 1 Cup Yogurt, 1/2 Cup Oates 3 Eggs. Protein: 49, Carbs: 58 ,Fats: 21

Daily Totals (Average): Protein: 350, Carbs: 429, Fats: 76

Also what should I be dosing and having for my pre and post-workout shakes?

Sea223

Awards
  • Established
I have read in a sports nutrition book that you should eat 3-5 grams of carbs x's your bw to keep your muscle cells filled with

glycogen. So the range I would use for you is 678-1130. I would just get more carbs, train hard and lots of rest.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
to much protien from shakes, what kinda of weight gainer is it? One with malto? If it is with malto, remember, thats not low gi carbs. And youll get more benefits from low gi's

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How much of the carbs in your wieght gainers are sugar? Don't see any fruit in there.

tattoopierced1

take some of the shakes out and replace them with cottage cheese. A typical day for me looks like this:

Meal 1:
2 1/2 scoops of ON Whey with dextrose
1 large bagel with 1 tbsp. honey

Meal 2:
200g chicken breast

Meal 3:
200g eye of round steak

Meal 4 (Pre-Workout):
1 3/4 cup of cottage cheese
1 large baked potato with olive oil

Meal 5 (Post Workout):
2 1/2 scoops of ON Whey with Dextrose
1 banana
1 can of soda

Meal 6:
15 egg whites (or turkey cutlets...depending on time)
1 cup mixed vegetables
1 1/2 cup rice

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I can't do cottage cheese, but I have some alternatives. I will post after class today my new diet. thanks for the replies.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
You say you're trying for a clean bulk, but you don't specify why you think your diet needs improvement.What kind of results are you getting now? also, what is your current BF%?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
let's see, 3800 cals total. looks kinda like a 35/45/20 split or something. IMO, it looks like a good clean bulk. i like it the way it is.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
200g of chicken in one sitting? Your crazy man!!!!! I would puke just trying to eat that.

tattoopierced1

200g of chicken in one sitting? Your crazy man!!!!! I would puke just trying to eat that.
Its only like 8oz of chicken...thats not as big as you think...

The only thing I have a big problem eating is the 1 and 3/4 cup of cottage cheese...that is a TON of cottage cheese on top of eating a large baked potato...other than that, it is pretty easy to accomplish the rest...heck, most of the time I eat more than that, adding things in here and there if I feel hungry.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
let's see, 3800 cals total. looks kinda like a 35/45/20 split or something. IMO, it looks like a good clean bulk. i like it the way it is.
It does look pretty good to me too, but i think the protein might be a little exessive on some meals and he's eating a ton of low GI carbs around the workout. A little too much I think.