Lower BF percent

yelbis69

Awards
Hey guys just wanted to know how I can lower my body fat percent. Currently I'm at 18, trying to get to 10. Any advice would be appreciated. Thx

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
1. Find out TDEE (can be estimated with calculators that can be found on google).
2. Track your calories (i use myfitnesspal if you have a smart phone)
3. Eat 300-500 calories less (no less no more) than your TDEE daily. This means if you burn more on one day, you eat more to be within that 3-500 calorie deficit.
4. Have a scheduled refeed/cheat meal 1-a few times a week depending on how lean you already are (i just had haagen dazs peanut butter pie ice cream tonight as an example).
5. Make good food choices (not as limited as you may think, especially if you lift or play sports)

There ya go, thats all ya gotta do.

ecto84

ecto84

Awards
Are you a trained or untrained individual ? If you are untrained you should focus on getting a good workout plan and diet which will lead to building muscle. That alone will lower your bodyfat.
If you already have some experience with training you should focus more on dieting (like jswaing34 pointed out) and check the scale on a weekly basis. You should loose weight and keep your strenght if you stay in a 300-500 calorie deficit.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
at 18 play hard and eat a little less. join a gym and lift some weights
don't need to make it more complicated than it is. after you get a little closer to your goal come back here so we can give you some other advise. but for now
enjoy being a teen ager and get up off the couch, put down the controller and step away from the xbox!

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
at 18 play hard and eat a little less. join a gym and lift some weights
don't need to make it more complicated than it is. after you get a little closer to your goal come back here so we can give you some other advise. but for now
enjoy being a teen ager and get up off the couch, put down the controller and step away from the xbox!
I think he meant he is at 18% :p

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
doh ! you appear to be right! its my lisdexia got the best of me

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Multiply body weight x12, eat that many calories. Lift weights and throw in a little fasted cardio a few times a week.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Not a lot of details to go on. It has already been mentioned, but calculate your TDEE first. Try to eat below maintenance, burn more calories, and/or add a fat loss supplement like Dexaprine XR.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Hey OP you are in my neck of the woods!

Anyways, if your at 18%, diet and cardio are your way to go. Fat burners like Dexaprine will help, but those should be used when you are down to the point of not making any progress.

What is your diet now? Training?