Lower back / love handles fat

ecto84

ecto84

Awards
Hi,

Whenever I try to bulk I get a lot of fat in this area, but otherwise I am staying pretty lean: upperbody, lower body and abs... I hate my body for doing this to me.
I've been reading a lot on the issue but still dont undestand what is the cause of this fat accumulation. Some say its hormonal, genetic, others blame carbs.
Does anyone have any clue on what's exactly happening and if there is any fix for it ?

Thanks.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
It is unfortunately one of the last places to lose weight from and first to go on. Dedication and a very strict diet routine is needed.
Age and stress can both make this an even greater challenge.

Diet and exercise are the main factors but for that extra push some supplements can help.
Fat burners and possibly cortisol control could assist.

ecto84

ecto84

Awards
Bulking at the moment, but that fat is my main concern when I start cutting.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
If you are bulking it won't be going away at the moment, to limit adipose accumulation during the bulk you could add a GDA to shuttle more nutrients and carbs to muscle tissue as opposed to fat storage. Forskolin would be a good consideration as well.

When you do cut it will take time but with enough overall weight loss it will start to come off.

ecto84

ecto84

Awards
I'm already doing creatine, but I would add this GDA you are speaking of. Can you recommend one such supplement that actually works ?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I'm already doing creatine, but I would add this GDA you are speaking of. Can you recommend one such supplement that actually works ?
One of the most recommended would be Recompadrol, read up on it and there are plenty of reviews on the forums.

Or during your cut Burn24 would act as a GDA and a fat burner

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Unfortunately you can't really pick where you want the fat to leave, and for males unfortunately the midsection/love handles are the last place for it to go. That said if you work hard during your cut and eat at a healthy defecit you should definitely be able to lower that bf% enough to take care of it.

ecto84

ecto84

Awards
Unfortunately you can't really pick where you want the fat to leave, and for males unfortunately the midsection/love handles are the last place for it to go. That said if you work hard during your cut and eat at a healthy defecit you should definitely be able to lower that bf% enough to take care of it.
Dont know how much leaner the upper body can get until the lovehandles go away when I cut .... I am afraid that I might loose the hard earned muscle trying to get rid of the lovehandles.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you know your bf%? What kind of training are you doing? You can do a nice slow cut to maximize your muscle retention while shedding bf

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Get a full male hormone panel done. Previous posts were helpful but it could be an underlying issue.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Hormone panel, and shoot a pic. Simple fact is unless you have a roadway on your chest I highly doubt you would be lean enough. But if you are bulking just focuse on your bulk and worry about the fat when you start to cut.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
A lot of guys store fat there, I personally store fat in my chest like crazy. I have really nice abs anywhere near 10% BF, but the chest fat doesn't go away for me until I'm below 8%. Different people just store it in different places it is mostly what you are genetically predisposed to that will tell where it is stored. I just cut down until it doesn't bother me and use a fat burner like Dexaprine XR to help get there.

ecto84

ecto84

Awards
Hormone panel, and shoot a pic. Simple fact is unless you have a roadway on your chest I highly doubt you would be lean enough. But if you are bulking just focuse on your bulk and worry about the fat when you start to cut.
gympic.png

This is an older pic of me, 6 months ago maybe. I was 165lbs in that pic. Around that time i had bloodwork done and total test was 792 ng/Dl (29 years old), i dont remember what free test was , but it was somewhere in midrange. Now I'm around 170lbs and bulking on. I still have the same leaness except the lower back and maybe lower abs got a bit more fat.

ecto84

ecto84

Awards
A lot of guys store fat there, I personally store fat in my chest like crazy. I have really nice abs anywhere near 10% BF, but the chest fat doesn't go away for me until I'm below 8%. Different people just store it in different places it is mostly what you are genetically predisposed to that will tell where it is stored. I just cut down until it doesn't bother me and use a fat burner like Dexaprine XR to help get there.
Hope you are right and I can get rid of the lovehandles if I drop below 10% BF when i'll cut...

I will finish the bulk at 175 lbs, then I'll go into cutting. I was skinny fat before, and believe me, it is really hard to get back to shape when you have small arms and big belly. I've always been afraid of bulking (afraid of getting too fat again) and everytime I quit after a week or so. This time i've been bulking continously for approx 1 month an a half and those damn lovehandles ....

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
there is a lot to be said about GDAs and fatburners like Dexaprine and Alphamine. I recommend that even on a bulk you add forskolin to your GDA selection
I like the 95% extract found in analysed/synthetic supplements product.
its been shown to reduce bodyfat without a change in diet.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Love handle and lower belly fat are the last to go like stated above.

I would cut SLOWLY over an extended period of time. I'm sitting at about 7-8% bf right now and those two areas are still nowhere near as tight as my upper body. Legs also tighten up slightly slower in my case as well.

Cut slow. Cut even. You'll be good, but you might have to dip into the very low single digits to eliminate the love handles then effectively bulk as lean as possible to keep them away