Any Help with my diet?

funkyguru

Awards
Hey guys,
I'm new to this board and wondered if I could get some feedback about my diet.

Quick History: I think I may be one of the only people that actually gained weight after a divorce. I went from about 180 16% bf to currently 203lbs at about 22% bodyfat. I'm about 5'10".
I have been on both ends of the spectrum , from really in shape to my current "doughy-ness"

So, my stats are:
height: 5'10"
weight: 203
bodyfat 22%

My macro breakdown is as follows:

Non-workout days:
1860 cals
246g protein
159g carbs
31.5g fat

Workout days:
2240 cals
281g protein
219g carbs
32g fat

My protein comes from lean ground turkey, Met-rx and Myoplex lite shakes, chicken and tuna

My carb sources are mainly brown rice and whole wheat spaghetti, as well as some vegetables.

My fat mostly comes from what is in the above and some natural Peanut Butter.

I try to get about 2-3 sessions of cardio a week.

The problem with the above is that it seems like my body is stuck at a new set point of 200lbs. I am having big trouble getting below this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

young92117

Awards
Is your calorie intake too low???

I am no expert on nutrition but your calorie intake seems pretty low for your weight...
I usually start my cutting with 12 x (body weight) calorie which is around 2400 cals for your case (12 x 203)

I usually start with those numbers and adjust the number depends on how my body reacts.
How often do you weight train and how long is your cardio session around what intensity level?

Hey guys,
I'm new to this board and wondered if I could get some feedback about my diet.

Quick History: I think I may be one of the only people that actually gained weight after a divorce. I went from about 180 16% bf to currently 203lbs at about 22% bodyfat. I'm about 5'10".
I have been on both ends of the spectrum , from really in shape to my current "doughy-ness"

So, my stats are:
height: 5'10"
weight: 203
bodyfat 22%

My macro breakdown is as follows:

Non-workout days:
1860 cals
246g protein
159g carbs
31.5g fat

Workout days:
2240 cals
281g protein
219g carbs
32g fat

My protein comes from lean ground turkey, Met-rx and Myoplex lite shakes, chicken and tuna

My carb sources are mainly brown rice and whole wheat spaghetti, as well as some vegetables.

My fat mostly comes from what is in the above and some natural Peanut Butter.

I try to get about 2-3 sessions of cardio a week.

The problem with the above is that it seems like my body is stuck at a new set point of 200lbs. I am having big trouble getting below this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TheManGuy

Awards
  • Established
I agree, your cals are too low and this is putting your body into starvation mode. Making you fatter and causing you to lose muscle.

I'd also find your if your wheat intolerant(I am). If you are that really messes up your metabolism and your bodies ability to to digest those foods containg wheat and your overall energy production.

Sea223

Awards
  • Established
Do you know what your Resting Metabolic Rate is?
Also, I would up your cardio to 4-5 days a week. 30-60 mins a session. Depending on your fitness level.