Eating & Training Below BMR ???

floyd88jaus

floyd88jaus

Awards
Got a body comp done the other day says my BMR is 2104. 15.5% BF. Been eating around 2000 trying to cut BF, been loosing weight but don't want to **** my metabolism as it is that of an 18 yr old according to the computer analysis. Train 4 days a week and work minimum 3 x 12 hour shifts a week. I eat reasonably clean. Gonna bump it up to 2200 cals to avoid metabolic damage.

Really Im just chasing some opinions, thoughts, experiences & criticisms please!

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
your not going to do damage that easily. if you slow down your rate of fatloss you can always readjust your intake as needed. whats your BW? and your goal?

floyd88jaus

floyd88jaus

Awards
your not going to do damage that easily. if you slow down your rate of fatloss you can always readjust your intake as needed. whats your BW? and your goal?
Hey mate, my current BW is 85 kilos and i want to get down 10 to 12% BF.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Eating right at or below your BMR is a bad idea. Maintenance calories and BMR are not the same thing.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
find a TDEE calculator to find a good starting point.. then slowly reduce your calories as you lose weight. your total daily energy expenditure depends on your job as well as off work activities. it will also take your BMR into account.

floyd88jaus

floyd88jaus

Awards
find a TDEE calculator to find a good starting point.. then slowly reduce your calories as you lose weight. your total daily energy expenditure depends on your job as well as off work activities. it will also take your BMR into account.
Yeah ive got an accurate BMR and i multiplied by the activity level etc had all that done haha just being super impatient i guess haha cals to around 2600 and see how that goes for a while.

Thanks for your input!

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
You could add a themorgenic like Dexaprine XR to help shave a little bit off.