Cant seem to lose body fat

RooneyLFC96

Awards
About one month ago I started a new diet and exercise routine to try and lose some body fat but if anything I seem to have put on more weight!
My diet is breakfast (3eggs) and a protein shake! Lunch (chicken and white rice, then my workout followed by a protein shake and then usually 2 chicken breast and rice with egg! I go to the gym 5 days a week mostly weights but do about 1 hours cardio within them days!
Any advice would be greatly appreciated as my belly seems the be getting bigger, not smaller nor toned!

RooneyLFC96

Awards
Breakfast 3 medium eggs and 2 70cc scoops of whey protein

Lunch roughly 80 grams of chicken with 1 cup of white rice

After WO 2 70cc scoops of whey protein, followed by 160g of chicken with one cup of white rice and an egg mixed in

I'm 5'8 and weight 9 and a half stone last time a checked!

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
what is your TDEE and macros?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
you may be using an inferior source of whey, could have a lactose intolerance and its causeing your belly to bloat.. perhaps look for a good quality whey isolate
like iForce makes. this may help reduce the descended gut felling.
there is also a chance you could be allergic to certain proteins. BTW do mix your shakes with milk or water?

BrainyMuscle

Awards
One word bro - Cortisol.

I had a similar reaction to trying to lose, once I got my cortisol under control started to better results from my training.
Products to look at:

PES Erase
11 Lean (11 OXO)
Lean Xtreme

Hormones like Cortisol & Insulin play a pretty big role in weightloss.

You should also try Intermittent Fasting, 36hrs water only once a week helps your body reset hormonally and causes autophygia.

Nc5590

Awards
One word bro - Cortisol. I had a similar reaction to trying to lose, once I got my cortisol under control started to better results from my training. Products to look at: PES Erase 11 Lean (11 OXO) Lean Xtreme Hormones like Cortisol & Insulin play a pretty big role in weightloss. You should also try Intermittent Fasting, 36hrs water only once a week helps your body reset hormonally and causes autophygia.
I have major problems with cortisol. Always have. I am 1 month out from my pct from 14 week test tren cycle. I have both lean xtreme and 11 oxo. Is it too early to jump on a cycle of 11 oxo or should I stick with lean xtreme & formastanzol for now? I got ripped from tren but it seems I've had a lot of cortisol rebound because my diet is on point.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
I have major problems with cortisol. Always have. I am 1 month out from my pct from 14 week test tren cycle. I have both lean xtreme and 11 oxo. Is it too early to jump on a cycle of 11 oxo or should I stick with lean xtreme & formastanzol for now? I got ripped from tren but it seems I've had a lot of cortisol rebound because my diet is on point.
Best way to get cortisol under control is to reduce stress

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Breakfast 3 medium eggs and 2 70cc scoops of whey protein Lunch roughly 80 grams of chicken with 1 cup of white rice After WO 2 70cc scoops of whey protein, followed by 160g of chicken with one cup of white rice and an egg mixed in I'm 5'8 and weight 9 and a half stone last time a checked!
Is that all your eating 3 meals/day?

RooneyLFC96

Awards
Cheers guys I shall look into that! It's quite annoying as I'm putting the training in!

And yes that is my 3 meals a day!

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cheers guys I shall look into that! It's quite annoying as I'm putting the training in! And yes that is my 3 meals a day!
Try spacing your intake throughout the day... Smaller portions spread every 3 hours.... So like this:

6 am Eggs, maybe small amt of carbs (piece of fruit)

9 am 1 scoop protein shake

12 small portion chicken and rice

Post workout shake

2-3 hours later your chicken and rice last meal.

Your body is like a furnace.... Feeding it smaller meals throughout the day should help your body run more efficiently. It's better to get them spread out throughout the day IMO. Your diet doesn't look bad.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Try spacing your intake throughout the day... Smaller portions spread every 3 hours.... So like this: 6 am Eggs, maybe small amt of carbs (piece of fruit) 9 am 1 scoop protein shake 12 small portion chicken and rice Post workout shake 2-3 hours later your chicken and rice last meal. Your body is like a furnace.... Feeding it smaller meals throughout the day should help stoke your metabolism. It's better to get them spread out throughout the day IMO. Your diet doesn't look bad.
There is absolutely zero validity to this despite it being constantly purported in the magazines.

OP, what is your caloric intake, stats, and specific training program?

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is absolutely zero validity to this despite it being constantly purported in the magazines. OP, what is your caloric intake, stats, and specific training program?
This is based off personal experience not magazines..... So you think taking in all your macros in 3 meals is the best option?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is based off personal experience not magazines..... So you think taking in all your macros in 3 meals is the best option?
I'm not saying that either. What I am saying, though, is that the 6 meals a day to keep the metabolism high is total crap.

Reactions: Jag
Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok well what I'm saying is spreading his macros out will make a difference whether you think it's crap or not

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok well what I'm saying is spreading his macros out will make a difference whether you think it's crap or not
It won't. The only effect it may have will be upon insulin levels depending on his specific meals, but his metabolism will not be altered.

Nc5590

Awards
Best way to get cortisol under control is to reduce stress
Yes I'm aware of that. I run a car dealership and have full custody of an 8 yr old so I doubt lowering my stress will happen until I'm retired & he's grown lol. So in the meantime back to my original question. Is it cool to run 11 oxo being only a month out of pct or should I wait? Or would lean xtreme suffice?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes I'm aware of that. I run a car dealership and have full custody of an 8 yr old so I doubt lowering my stress will happen until I'm retired & he's grown lol. So in the meantime back to my original question. Is it cool to run 11 oxo being only a month out of pct or should I wait? Or would lean xtreme suffice?
I wouldn't. You've only been at it for a month and it's way too early to start thinking that you need supplements outside of the basics.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It won't. The only effect it may have will be upon insulin levels depending on his specific meals, but his metabolism will not be altered.
So insulin spikes/crashes 3 x per day as opposed to spread out won't play a role in how your body metabolizes? I am here to learn

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So insulin spikes/crashes 3 x per day as opposed to spread out won't play a role in how your body metabolizes? I am here to learn
Insulin is a tricky hormone and this will be more of a readers digest version instead of an overly technical one. If he's of higher BF%, then keeping insulin elevated throughout the day (e.g. taking in carbs throughout the day, six times per day) will most likely lead to storing BF instead of burning it off. Heavier folks are less sensitive to insulin and this impairs their ability to utilize the glucose/insulin. This is the reason I advocate carbs only after training when GLUT-4 is activated and insulin sensitivity is at its highest.

cedman1

cedman1

Awards
I had hit a sticking point in 2012. I did several things. Started tracking with cals and macros with online site and food scale, added a additional 20 min. cardio routine into my existing workout plan and changed my supplementation to consistently include healthy fats. Which one pushed me through, who knows. It worked. Of course I came to this plan by trying each one individually and none working by themselves alone. I've had friends that only needed to make a minor adjustment where others have had to stop and reset then start again and things started again. I like all the ideas in this thread and hopefully one or all of the suggestions will work in your situation.

Nc5590

Awards
I wouldn't. You've only been at it for a month and it's way too early to start thinking that you need supplements outside of the basics.
Been at what for only a month?

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been at what for only a month?
You just came off pct a month ago what your post stated and ran a 14 week cycle. Time on cycle plus pct = minimum amount of time you should wait to start another cycle. That's rule of thumb... That includes the 11 oxo. It's better to wait unless you want to risk long term damage. It's just safer

Rodja I hear ya bud, I still stand by my original post that his body will run more efficiently w his macros spread out

Nc5590

Awards
Your new plan, but you have yet to address the macros, stats, training, etc. question.
Gotcha. Thanks. Was just wondering whether 11 oxo was harsh enough to follow the time on/time off protocol. And the macros question wasn't asked to me. I'm not the OP

Nc5590

Awards
Gotcha. Thanks. Was just wondering whether 11 oxo was harsh enough to follow the time on/time off protocol. And the macros question wasn't asked to me. I'm not the OP
But I'll answer anyway.

3000 calories per day approx.
300 gr protein
Between 150-200 carbs per day.
70 ish grams of fat.

195 lbs. around 14 % BF. ( abs show but lower belly is where fat stores and lower back which I've have trouble with my whole life)

30 yrs old.

Been training consistently since 22yrs old

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
You could add a themorgenic to help aid in fat loss like Dexaprine XR. Combine it with Ephedrine to really watch the weight loss.

alexmittaluk

Awards
Sorry for crashing the thread but I gotta ask... does anyone have an idea how to lose body fat ... I mean the belly fat and I am guessing I can do it by sweating/running. It's just what type of training should I have ?

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
Sorry for crashing the thread but I gotta ask... does anyone have an idea how to lose body fat ... I mean the belly fat and I am guessing I can do it by sweating/running. It's just what type of training should I have ?
calorie deficit, you cant spot reduce fat

alexmittaluk

Awards
calorie deficit, you cant spot reduce fat
OK but "not eating" wont help ... I need to workout... now I am interested in a workout plan that would get me to nice stomach... I already have abs it's just that sitting in front of the computer eating junk food grew my waste a bit bigger ..

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
no workout plan will get you a nice stomach, i suggest you start a routine such as stronglifts 5x5 or allpros

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Echoing the common consensus, there is no particular way to target stomach fat aside from lipo, no workout routine will isolate it. You need a caloric deficit, persistence/dedication, and time.

Some supplementation can help with the stubborn fat but I would wait until you're already close to your goal

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
OK but "not eating" wont help ... I need to workout... now I am interested in a workout plan that would get me to nice stomach... I already have abs it's just that sitting in front of the computer eating junk food grew my waste a bit bigger ..
who said not to eat? a few workout plans to lead to a better stomach would be:
dieting
counting macros
weighing food
tony little gazelle

gymratluke

gymratluke

Board Sponsor
Awards
Sounds like you are just severely under eating. I dont see where you say your stats, but youre eating less then my gf and she only weights 145 lol

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
have you ever tried doing sprints or suicide drills. that kind of cardio helped me lose weight as well as a solid diet and DexaprineXR and TT33

alexmittaluk

Awards
Yea I found a plan HIIT so sprints should help. I am not that bad, I have the top abs that can be seen but the bottom are covered with some small just-starting belly fat..

alexmittaluk

Awards
This guy seems to be OK but I was more looking for a short answer... his blog is really long..!

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
I'm not saying that either. What I am saying, though, is that the 6 meals a day to keep the metabolism high is total crap.
people wont let this "grazing" theory die will they? ive had better results with 3 big meals than 6 small ones. plus meals are much more satisfying and getting meals in is much less of a hassle.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
people wont let this "grazing" theory die will they? ive had better results with 3 big meals than 6 small ones. plus meals are much more satisfying and getting meals in is much less of a hassle.
I have the exact opposite experience. It's all individualized.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Breakfast 3 medium eggs and 2 70cc scoops of whey protein Lunch roughly 80 grams of chicken with 1 cup of white rice After WO 2 70cc scoops of whey protein, followed by 160g of chicken with one cup of white rice and an egg mixed in I'm 5'8 and weight 9 and a half stone last time a checked!
Lunch is basically a cup of rice and a tiny, barely a full piece of chicken. Try eating closer to 200-300 grams of chicken and some broccoli for lunch. After workout, you can do another 200-300g chicken and then your cup of rice/egg whatever. I would imagine your results would improve.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
lol i guess not, broscience is still strong. ive been eating 2 meals a day for years and have never looked better

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
I have the exact opposite experience. It's all individualized.
^ montego, ill agree with you on that point. there is no cookie cutter diet that can be applied to everyone. i guess it just comes down to learning our own bodies and how they react to certian foods and feeding schedules. I am however so thankful that I.F. came into popularity. While i dont follow I.F. it did encourage me to abandon old Bodybuilding dogma, and find what works for me. Which we should all do.

Dulce

Dulce

Awards
There is absolutely zero validity to this [benefits of eating +5 meals/day] despite it being constantly purported in the magazines.

OP, what is your caloric intake, stats, and specific training program?
I have read several articles and studies citing this as well

personally, I need to eat several times a day. I just get hungry, often! I eat often because I am hungry not bc there is some "plan" i am implementing.

I agree with other posters, you seem to be eatting to little, possibly hurt your metabolism. If so, you may need to reset your metabolism (eat at your baseline metabolic for a couple weeks ) then go slightly calorie deficient with refeed days thrown in to protect your metabolism

dmp0001

Awards
I eat similar to your diet while cutting. I would replace one chicken breast with a salmon fillet and a cup of rice with a cup of veggies. Eat most of your carbs before your workout and almost none for dinner. When i am really cutting I replace all food with protein shakes once a week. I am fairly carb sensitive, and this works for me.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
I eat similar to your diet while cutting. I would replace one chicken breast with a salmon fillet and a cup of rice with a cup of veggies. Eat most of your carbs before your workout and almost none for dinner. When i am really cutting I replace all food with protein shakes once a week. I am fairly carb sensitive, and this works for me.
why would you suggest this?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Replace whole food with powdered protein?

dmp0001

Awards
lol, right?
This is what we did to cut weight without loosing stregnth or muscle mass when I was wrestleing in college. It works, you keep your protein high and calories super low for only one day. The op seems to be looking for 'outside the box' alternative. This has worked for me. Dont do it for more than one day a week though.