Mental problems associated with cutting?

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
I've been cutting for about three weeks.

When I started I didnt want to do anything too drastic to start with (giving me room to make more changes later), but i cleaned up my diet, removed simple carbs as much as i could and reduced my carbs to about 1 gram per pound of bodyweight with protein at 1.5-2g per pound of body weight. Fats Came from whatever was is in the meat, eggs and a handful of peanuts if i thought i needed more fats before bed. Some days my fats could have been too low though.

I've dropped from 208 pounds to about 200 pounds and it hasn't been that hard so i thought i was going well.....until i measured my arms tonight and have lost 3/4 of an inch!!!! Now i'm freaking the **** out! Mentily this has destroyed me. I dont know what to do. Do I bulk again?

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
about 15%
I can make out my top ab.

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
about 15%
I can make out my top ab.
Then you're prob just loosing fat from your arms. There's no reason IMO to bulk beyond 15.. Hell I don't even like being double digits honestly.

But then again what are your goals? You trying to have a body holder physique or a power lifter physique?

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
I wouldnt worry. You ahve dropped your fat pretty low IMO. And as crispycrown said, you are probably loosing fat in your arms. when i do a hard cut 4 weeks out from a show I loose a lot of size on my arms, or to me it is a lot. But the more shreddy I get the better it looks. Just keep lifting heavy, keeping carbs around your training and you wont have an issue of loosing muscle. To drastic of a cut as you said you didnt want to do will makeyou loose muscle. Just stick through it.

dustin22

Awards
Man, this sounds familiar...

Every time I cut, I do it too fast and have a mini panic attack. I end up deciding that cutting is not for me and go straight back into bulking.

This last time I decided to cut, I made a mental note that I wouldn't switch back to bulking until I got my body fat down to around 8%, and I'm in it for the long haul. Instead of my typical "in four weeks I'm gonna be shredded!" mentality, I'm taking it slow and steady. I'll take 4 months if I have to. That way I'm not losing so much muscle, and the muscle I do lose is coming off slowly so I don't notice it as much.

If you're not training for an event or a strict deadline, take it nice and slow. You'll eventually get to where you want to be and you won't destroy your metabolism in the process.

rphash49

Awards
Then you're prob just loosing fat from your arms. There's no reason IMO to bulk beyond 15.. Hell I don't even like being double digits honestly.

But then again what are your goals? You trying to have a body holder physique or a power lifter physique?
This^^^

I wouldn't sweat it.

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
So I thought about it and I used to be the same boat as you. Mass monster was my middle name

Here's me at 195 (keep in mind I'm 5'7") around 12-14 percent bf

image-1512375519.jpg

Here's me at 5.2 percent today at 168ish

image-4070175515.jpg

Which one looks more jacked? Also which one gets me laid? (Hint: number 2) people always compliment me on how "big" I'm getting lately. Some dude said I'm the biggest he's seen me and yet I'm 30+ lbs light than I ever was.

Easiest way to look big? Get cut up bruh!

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
This is true. I've been all the way up to 250 pounds (18-19%) and now I'm under 220 (between 9 and 10%) and people ask me how I am still getting bigger...I'm like WTF SRSLY!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Keep cutting! The first lbs lost are quick because it's probably s lot of water weight. Weight loss will slow down after a couple weeks and if not then re evaluate macros and calories and adjust accordingly.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
OP try the one day arm cure by poliquin. itll induce a full inch if you use hemavol :32:

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
jmiyamoto

jmiyamoto

Awards
There is no anxiety about arm size during cutting that can't be alleviated by huge protein intakes and lifting heavy. If you do those things, you're probably going to be doing it optimally or close to it.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
cutting is tough sometimes...we all want to be lean and then we see ourselves getting smaller and freak out, plus lack of calories can drive someones brain nuts

I recommend staying heavy on the last set of each movement. Drop sets and really stretching good at the end of a workout...it helped me with my last cut until about 2 weeks from the end when I lost motivation and was just tired

I'd recommend getting a good pump product like Potassium Nitrate to help key nutrients get into the muscles while you build a pump. Keeping protein high and personally I love a good intra workout drink as well. However to keep your mind right and happy something like Lights out could be key with the 5 htp added to it