2300 calories at 290 lbs... Seems toooo low...

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Sub'd
    Lets Say you do everything that you are supposed to do. You check all the boxes. You Believe, you prepare, you work, you fight, and you know your why, and Life still catches you on your blindside..... Just remember Failure Is Never Final !!!!


  2. At 2300 cals I would lose a lot of mass and at least 15 pounds so idk
    •   
       


  3. Got my 2 week results in. lost 27 lbs and almost 4 percent calipered. We measured my arms and legs before and the measurements stayed about the same (when down a hair)...

    He did increase my fats now... I am getting an extra 2 tablespoons of coconut water a day.

    Coach was flabbergasted at the body fat % drop. I told him about the HIIT and he wants to come in and watch me do it this week (he is a hiit skeptic)...

    We are adding some carbs to weight workout days as well because i am a tad weak towards the latter sets...

  4. i should preface the 27 pounds thing, i visited him the day after a carb up so there is probably a butload of water in there, i can dump/add 12+ pounds of water easy in a few days...

  5. Quote Originally Posted by FireRescue View Post
    Coconut oil is a choice. Personally I prefer to chew calories when cutting vs. drinking them so I would also consider walnuts, a couple brazil nuts, and almonds.
    will have to snag some almonds.... Love em...
    •   
       


  6. Any updates?
    Lets Say you do everything that you are supposed to do. You check all the boxes. You Believe, you prepare, you work, you fight, and you know your why, and Life still catches you on your blindside..... Just remember Failure Is Never Final !!!!

  7. Wait 27 pound loss in 2 weeks and you kept your mass?? That is impossible unless youre using some pretty serious gear

  8. Quote Originally Posted by adidas999 View Post
    That does seem low your maintanence cals are like 3300 or more? You usually start at a 400- 600 cal deficit when u cut that many calories you you run the risk of losing muscle. I eat 2450 cal on a cut diet in I'm 220.

    <img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachment****82 788"/>
    My maintenance cals is 2900 and I'm 165

  9. Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    Wait 27 pound loss in 2 weeks and you kept your mass?? That is impossible unless youre using some pretty serious gear
    At 290lbs a guy can carry a ton of water. Shoot I have even seen sub 200 guys manipulate water to gain/lose 10-15 pounds in a two day period. Agreed though, 27lbs in 2 weeks is a lot assuming water manupliation was not part of the equation

  10. Quote Originally Posted by FireRescue View Post
    At 290lbs a guy can carry a ton of water. Shoot I have even seen sub 200 guys manipulate water to gain/lose 10-15 pounds in a two day period. Agreed though, 27lbs in 2 weeks is a lot assuming water manupliation was not part of the equation
    I was definitely holding a ton of water, was eating pretty free trying to set some Deadlift and squat PRs... Lost no measurements off my arms or legs....

  11. Quote Originally Posted by FireRescue View Post
    At 290lbs a guy can carry a ton of water. Shoot I have even seen sub 200 guys manipulate water to gain/lose 10-15 pounds in a two day period. Agreed though, 27lbs in 2 weeks is a lot assuming water manupliation was not part of the equation
    Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    My maintenance cals is 2900 and I'm 165
    Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    Wait 27 pound loss in 2 weeks and you kept your mass?? That is impossible unless youre using some pretty serious gear
    Quote Originally Posted by HokiePride View Post
    Any updates?
    could not log in for a few.. I am right around 260, getting measured and calipered this week.. up to about 2800 calories a day... Coach had me aggressive
    in the beginning because i was carrying so much chub...

  12. Ok, Im glad its paying off for ya man lol. An extra 500cal goes a long ways lol
    Current Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/291581-officially-chasing-abs.html#post5714196

  13. Quote Originally Posted by TheMovement View Post
    Ok, Im glad its paying off for ya man lol. An extra 500cal goes a long ways lol
    and i am using coconut oil to get it... couple tbs in your blender with ice and chocolate peanut butter cup trutein.... wooo hooo...

  14. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    and i am using coconut oil to get it... couple tbs in your blender with ice and chocolate peanut butter cup trutein.... wooo hooo...
    How does the PB compare to cinnabun?? CB is so good I order it every time.

    And how's the transformation coming along?? I think you might be beating me! 20+lb loss?! Beast.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    How does the PB compare to cinnabun?? CB is so good I order it every time.

    And how's the transformation coming along?? I think you might be beating me! 20+lb loss?! Beast.
    chocolate peanut butter cup might be better....atleast equally good...

    Transormation is going good... averaging 10 workouts (am and pm) every 7 days...

  16. Are you doing cardio am & pm!
    Lets Say you do everything that you are supposed to do. You check all the boxes. You Believe, you prepare, you work, you fight, and you know your why, and Life still catches you on your blindside..... Just remember Failure Is Never Final !!!!

  17. Quote Originally Posted by HokiePride View Post
    Are you doing cardio am & pm!
    AM:30-45 Mins liss or sometimes 15 mins liss, 15 mins on the battle ropes or flipping the tractor tire for 20 second rounds... I always have atleast a protein shake 30 mins before i start my cardio...

    PM: Weights.... I literally start and end my day with a meal, if you count the shakes its about 7-8 meals during the day... Getting zero calories because my blood sugar is constant... I am not saying this is an optimal way to eat but it is keeping my from shooting myself in the foot by making a bad decision because my blood sugar is low....

  18. On a related note, i have never been this lean before.... i got down to about 10 lbs heavier and did not have this mass..... I am getting myself calipered again saturday, looking forward to seeing where i am at...

  19. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    On a related note, i have never been this lean before.... i got down to about 10 lbs heavier and did not have this mass..... I am getting myself calipered again saturday, looking forward to seeing where i am at...
    Huggy, I don't know if I've said this yet, but I'm super proud of you!!!! You've been a great source of inspiration for me, and your hard work is truly paying off! Look forward to your updates!

  20. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    Huggy, I don't know if I've said this yet, but I'm super proud of you!!!! You've been a great source of inspiration for me, and your hard work is truly paying off! Look forward to your updates!
    awwwe.... Ty.....

    I cant wait... I feel noticeably leaner every day after i do HIIT....

  21. 257 lbs this morning.... 2 weeks to go!

    After 2 weeks i am going to add 500 calories a day (every week) till i get back to maintenance and see how i look....

  22. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    257 lbs this morning.... 2 weeks to go!

    After 2 weeks i am going to add 500 calories a day (every week) till i get back to maintenance and see how i look....
    Damn! Keep up the good work!
    Good to know that this is working for you so well.
    Keep us posted!

  23. What are you doing for HIIT! Great progress! Is it the battle ropes and tire flipping? How often a week! Most suggest sprinting for HIIT but obviously what your doing I'd working well!
    Lets Say you do everything that you are supposed to do. You check all the boxes. You Believe, you prepare, you work, you fight, and you know your why, and Life still catches you on your blindside..... Just remember Failure Is Never Final !!!!

  24. Havent read though whole thing but I personally, as a trainer, feel your beginning was no good at all. There are a lot of things that are taken into account but I personally would've had you start with a maintenance level of only clean foods just to see how your body responded to that alone with a 40/30/30 split (pfc). This way the possibility of metabolic damage down the line is reduced or nullified. At the beginning of a recomp my clients complain about being full all the time yet still lose weight consistently.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by burnstacp View Post
    Havent read though whole thing but I personally, as a trainer, feel your beginning was no good at all. There are a lot of things that are taken into account but I personally would've had you start with a maintenance level of only clean foods just to see how your body responded to that alone with a 40/30/30 split (pfc). This way the possibility of metabolic damage down the line is reduced or nullified. At the beginning of a recomp my clients complain about being full all the time yet still lose weight consistently.

    I was shooting for a quick 6 week trim down for the cellucore challenge... Once the six weeks are over we are going to add more calories (over time) in and go for a slower approach. i have about 3 weeks left...

    I watch all the biolayne vids, i would not continue this low for too long..
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Why is my bench press stuck at 195 lbs?!?!
    By Benzino in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-16-2009, 06:13 PM
  2. my quest for high school 1000 lb club! at 175 lbs.
    By 84bandit in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 05:49 PM
  3. M1T at low dose two week cycle
    By Warhead_321 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-27-2004, 06:28 PM
  4. seems i am at that limit.. or possibly stress
    By LakeMountD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-26-2003, 07:38 AM
Log in
Log in