Taman's accountqability/Comback log.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Greetings AM Community. It is good to be back. Long story short, I am returning from a roughly 6 month medical leave and am almost finished healing but now comes the rehab. My experience left me with what the Doctors say is neurological damage and compromised blood flow in my left leg. During this process I dropped from a solid 270 to a much weaker 243 while sitting in a hospital bed for 22 days. That was 27 pounds of time in the squat rack and dead lifts and rows.....you get the idea, this was not a weight loss strategy I favored. I kind of let the diet go to hell sitting around the house being bored and restricted on activity and shot back up around 290, so that is about a 47 pound swing of fat gain. Got cleared to return to work in early February, cleared to lift in late February with some small limitations. (Primarily can do any upper body work and lower is supposed to be limited to leg extensions and hammy curls which I have been doing more rehab type lifting for. I will not lie, now that my last little bit of wound healing is pretty much done, I have played some on the hack squat and leg press sleds.

So why am I making this a log. For 2 reasons: 1)The people of this community were an awesome support, encouragement and means of accountability as I dropped down from 322 to 260 starting in Early 2011 (I think). I need that accountability in getting my diet in check and making my training sessions. 2) If I can inspire just one person who also has challenges to overcome, then documenting this is all worth while.

At this time, I am doing a 3 day rotation of back/chest/back chest/back/chest with tri's bi's, delts and rehab work being the other part of these workouts. I am hoping to start small with cardio and rebuild that (I loved riding my bike and re-establishing the distances and terrains I once covered will be a slow process.)

Due to some diabetes induced kidney issues, I can no longer pound 280-350grams of protein like I used to, so I am going to shoot for about 2000cals/day, avoiding processed carbs and sugars as much as I can and not be as macro nutrient obsessed as I once was. I used to do IF in the past and will likely return to that, but have not made that jump as of yet.

Please do note as I start talking plates, weights and reps that I lost a lot being down for 6 months and when I do return to leg work, it will be touch and go with a focus primarily on form, depth and balance. Ultimately, I am only competing against myself.

Thanks to anyone who tags along. HERE WE GO!

(P.S. I just realized I mistyped accountability, no need to tell me :) )

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
4/8/13 Chest and Bi's: Five minute biking warm up pre lifting. Felt pretty good but my left foot hates the straps on the pedals! Was one of those nights when the muscle, the music and the metal (iron) all came together for to be really focused.

BB Bench: (Warm ups Barx10, 135x5) 185x5, 195x5, 205x5

Inc DB PRess (Focused on bringing the DB's all the way down till they touched my front delts) 60's x12/10

Standing Alt. DB Curls 30x12. 35x10 (Realized tonight that bicep work bores me)

Hammer Curl 25'sx12/12

Wide Grip Straight Bar curl 50x12

Rehab work on leg press sled, sled only (50#), focused on getting as deep as I could bring it down, 2 legs for 10 reps, left leg only 10 reps, right leg only 10 reps, both legs 10 reps. The disparity in strength between my left and right leg is obvious, what the left finds challenging, the right can easily blow through. Hoping this improves over time.

Did not track diet today, promise, I will tomorrow. However, I will not be lifting tomorrow as my youngest has a music performance. This weeks schedule will be Monday, Thursday, Friday.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sub'd, and first......good luck brother.. I am sure you will make a full recovery. We'll definitely support ya

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sub'd, bro!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All hail the great Taman

awesome to have you back around these parts.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed. T3's battle is evidence of his emotional strength. A lot of people could learn from him.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
In T. Subbed.

runnerschick

Awards
Greetings AM Community. It is good to be back. Long story short, I am returning from a roughly 6 month medical leave and am almost finished healing but now comes the rehab. My experience left me with what the Doctors say is neurological damage and compromised blood flow in my left leg. During this process I dropped from a solid 270 to a much weaker 243 while sitting in a hospital bed for 22 days. That was 27 pounds of time in the squat rack and dead lifts and rows.....you get the idea, this was not a weight loss strategy I favored. I kind of let the diet go to hell sitting around the house being bored and restricted on activity and shot back up around 290, so that is about a 47 pound swing of fat gain. Got cleared to return to work in early February, cleared to lift in late February with some small limitations. (Primarily can do any upper body work and lower is supposed to be limited to leg extensions and hammy curls which I have been doing more rehab type lifting for. I will not lie, now that my last little bit of wound healing is pretty much done, I have played some on the hack squat and leg press sleds.

So why am I making this a log. For 2 reasons: 1)The people of this community were an awesome support, encouragement and means of accountability as I dropped down from 322 to 260 starting in Early 2011 (I think). I need that accountability in getting my diet in check and making my training sessions. 2) If I can inspire just one person who also has challenges to overcome, then documenting this is all worth while.

At this time, I am doing a 3 day rotation of back/chest/back chest/back/chest with tri's bi's, delts and rehab work being the other part of these workouts. I am hoping to start small with cardio and rebuild that (I loved riding my bike and re-establishing the distances and terrains I once covered will be a slow process.)

Due to some diabetes induced kidney issues, I can no longer pound 280-350grams of protein like I used to, so I am going to shoot for about 2000cals/day, avoiding processed carbs and sugars as much as I can and not be as macro nutrient obsessed as I once was. I used to do IF in the past and will likely return to that, but have not made that jump as of yet.

Please do note as I start talking plates, weights and reps that I lost a lot being down for 6 months and when I do return to leg work, it will be touch and go with a focus primarily on form, depth and balance. Ultimately, I am only competing against myself.

Thanks to anyone who tags along. HERE WE GO!

(P.S. I just realized I mistyped accountability, no need to tell me :) )
Good for you, mate :) I'm in

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for newds.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
I remember following your last log so I guess umm follow this one too! Hope everything works out for you big guy!!

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tony said he'd rep me if I joined...

In 4 bruised scrotum!
The title is spelled wrong though buddy <3

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Support team has arrived friends!

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am in here brother
Had no doubts.

All hail the great Taman

awesome to have you back around these parts.
Awesome to be back, you make me blush.

Oh hai! :wave2:
Jimbo :)

Subbed. T3's battle is evidence of his emotional strength. A lot of people could learn from him.
You are too Kind Bennifer. Glad to have you. <3

In T. Subbed.
Hey runner, thanks for joining!

Good for you, mate :) I'm in
Pleasure to meet you Ma'am (just upbringing mind you, Ma'am that is)

In for newds.
The bro's have already had to much of that from me Timmah!

Tony said he'd rep me if I joined...

In 4 bruised scrotum!
The title is spelled wrong though buddy <3
Some how I just knew it would be you who told me exactly what I stated need not be told. Must be a rebellion thing. Fl3x, don't touch that., it's red hot! OUCH! LOL

Support team has arrived friends!
Welcome man.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I remember following your last log so I guess umm follow this one too! Hope everything works out for you big guy!!
Thanks man. Appreciate the well wishes. We'll get there, simply because there ain't no quit in this boy! ;)

Ok, basics for today: Did in fact fast till 12:00 cut it off around 8:30. 1940 cals total intake. Good first day trying to keep it tight. Tomorrow is my late night at work, so I may fast till 2:00 p.m. Once I get the full clear from wound care, I can start morning sessions as I will not need to worry about dressing changes after showers.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The 290 figure in post 1 was an estimate. Weighed in this morning at296.2. Will be giving weigh in reports each Wednesday, at least I know for sure where I am starting.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You got this brother. Just say no to the skin chub club......
aye :)

ok, late night working, no lifting till tomorrow. Fasted till 2:00, 2100 cals. Tomorrow back and delts, rehab leg work.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How are you finding the fasting?
I have done it before, it is not too hard to wait till noon. The main challenge is if my cals are too low for too long I sometimes wake up feeling ravenous in the middle of the night. I love being able to have a bigger meal for break fast. Yesterday it was 14 hotwings and a salad with ranch, totaled about 950 cals but like 12g carbs. "Lunch" was a bag of peanuts and some beef jerky, super was 1oz pretzel sticks and a PB Sandwich on wheat. I know some folks are grain avoidance disciples, but a bit is not too bad provided my daily carb intake is not too high.

Unfortunately, today's iron session has been postponed by illness, even called off work. Hopefully I will be back up on it tomorrow, go to work then the gym, hoping I can get in a Saturday or Sunday session to make up for it,

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hope you are feeling better, rest u and break that fast with soul food to get you over the hump!

Wings, salad nice! What is your daily carb limit?

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hope you are feeling better, rest u and break that fast with soul food to get you over the hump!

Wings, salad nice! What is your daily carb limit?
I try to keep it around 100 on off days, don't worry too much about it on lifting days. Since pounding 300+ g protein a day is ill advised for me, I have not been to strict on the macros, just more focused on keeping at a deficit.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Get to work, Tony!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh geeze, really sorry to hear that man. Well the road to recover will do you proud. Keep it up!

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh geeze, really sorry to hear that man. Well the road to recover will do you proud. Keep it up!
No big deal, it is like between stage 1 and 2, closer to stage 1, not like I am on dialysis, but thanks :)

Get to work, Tony!
Done did it boss.

4/12/13 Back and Delts +rehab work, 5 minute warm up on stationary bike. 4:30-5:35
Saw some nice jumps this today. Not back where I was by any stretch of the imagination, but at least seeing some fire in the kitchen so to speak.

Assisted Wide Grip Pull ups: -160x10, -155x8/8, -140x6

V Bar Cable Row-140x12, 160x10

BO DB Rows-85x10/10

Standing OH BB Press- (Do these with strict form, bar down to collarbone, no push from hips (Warm Up with bar/95)
135x5/5/5
(Some one decided to put the pullup bar on the inside of the heavy cage/power rack, this would have been a lot less exciting if I didn't hit that thing on 2/3 sets.)

Alt Front DB Raise 20x12/12 (both arms)

Smith Machine Squat, went as deep as I could (45 plate in each side) x8

Glute Ham Raise x12 (No cramping at all, very happy with this, did make me realize my hips/lower back is misaligned, will need to see the Chiro before we try to start pulling)

Seated Calf Raise - Left leg only. Could not get full range of motion, hoping to get more neuron recruitment as we keep working this. Sled only, then 25plate only 20/20.

In keeping with IF Protocol, I am bumping my lifting day cals up to 2400 or there abouts. Hit 2271 today, 2004 yesterday. Kind if getting excited for Wednesdays weigh in :)

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
How much protein can you take in safely?? 1g per lb bw?? .5g per lb Bw?

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How much protein can you take in safely?? 1g per lb bw?? .5g per lb Bw?
To be blunt, I really need to talk to my Dr. About the specfics but the Nephrologist nurse was talking around 80. I have been taking in about 160 and drinking lots of water. Need to get some Cranberry juice, because that actually lowered the number on the kidney function bloodwork (can't remember the name of it, but lower is better)

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
4/13/13 Chest/Tri's/Rehab leg work
12:50-2:00

Inc, BB Bench (Full ROM, no cheap ****) 165x5. 175x5, 185x6 and a forced rep.

Flat DB Press 75's x8/6

Nautilus Fly Machine 100x15

Close Grip Bench 160x6/4, 140x8 (Think my tri's were pre-fried by the chest work)

EZ Bar Crushers 75x10/8

Y Bar Cable Tri extension 145x10/6

Laying Hammy curl (I do both legs heavier and then left leg only forced negs, shoot for a 10 count)
70/40x10/5, 8/4

Finished up with some stretching for lower body.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nothing better than a good support system... and we all need it..

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just a quick update: kept the diet in check over the weekend. Not going to be able to lift tonight due to a crisis intervention that turned into a cluster F. Ce'est la vie. We'll hit it tomorrow.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just a quick update: kept the diet in check over the weekend. Not going to be able to lift tonight due to a crisis intervention that turned into a cluster F. Ce'est la vie. We'll hit it tomorrow.
Rest, sweet prince.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Apologies for the hostile tone in the last post.

I thought I was the only person who Blake called his prince. I guess I was wrong. I need to take it on the chin and move on like a real man.

Go f**k yourself. :D

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You took it all over the chin last night bb

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Brown bear

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rest, sweet prince.
:hug:

He took the weekend off training. He didn't die!
Actually, I did train on Saturday. Perhaps that is not considered part of the Weukeund in England? Not sure.

Apologies for the hostile tone in the last post.

I thought I was the only person who Blake called his prince. I guess I was wrong. I need to take it on the chin and move on like a real man.

Go f**k yourself. :D
Sorry, it won't bend that far around :(