Taman's accountqability/Comback log.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok, today was good news and bad. The good: I am officially done with wound care. The bad? Maybe hit the delts a bit to soon after hitting them hard Friday and heavier Inc BB work Saturday, today's session was sub par, but you'll have days like that.

4/16/13 Back and Delts, rehab work. 1:50-2:00

V Bar Pull Down 145x8,866

BO DB Rows: 90x 10/10, 8/8 (l/r)

D Bar Cable Row 100x15, 15

Standing OH BB Press 140x2,3 (This is what I meant above), 115x8

Seated OH DB Press 50x8,6

Nautilus Lateral Raise - 100x15

Paramount Squat Press - -sled only, tried to emphasize the left, using right as an assist: 12 reps

10 Minutes biking.

2330 cals for today.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Still looks good bro.. you'll kill it tomorrow and just keep coming back stronger!

robinjohn12

robinjohn12

Awards
welcome back!
Hope you will sure recovery as per your goal. try to discover guidance of expert.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Weigh in today was not what I was hoping for, but at least we got it going in the right direction. 295.2, down 1 pound. Will go another week and if we don't see a bigger drop, going have to change some dietary things.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can you use a fatburner ?? ECA? Alphamine or Vanillean?
Yep, sure can. Just started stacking Alphaburn and Vanillean. Usually save them for when I am closer to my goal, but figured I may as well, not like I am ever going to be in contest prep mode.

4/19/13 Chest, Bi's, rehab work with emphasis on quads. 4:05-5:00
Today was a glorious day indeed!

Bench (warm up with bar, 135) 195x5, 205x5, 215x5

45Deg. Inc DB Press 65's x12/10 (10 more pounds and two more total reps than last time)

Seated Alternating DB Curl 35'sx 10/10, 8/8

Hammer Curl 30's x 10/10

Cable Curl Drop Set 100x10, 70x8, 40x10

Bench Squats - Bar/6, 135 for six. Did not quite get the depth I was looking for but I can actually see me regaining my balance and form for these.

Leg Press 230x12/10 (Varied foot position)

Nautilus Ab Machine 150x10, 80x20 (lower position for last set meant less leverage)

20 minute stationary bike ride - 105 cals

Dietary for today was 2465 (a wee bit high) feeding from 12-8. Estimated burn was 4400.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey welcome back..

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Given that yesterday went so well, I kind of got a burr up my bung and said "WTF, let's see how pulling /deadlifting goes. My left side is certainly weaker but I did not sense any issue with neuron recruitment, so hopefully it is just an atrophy issue, so that is good news! :)

Anyways, here is how it went:

4/20/13 Rear chain and triceps, 3:45-4:45 Started off with 5 minute bike warm up.

Deads 135x6, 185x5, 225x5 (Hey, it's a start)

DB SLDL 45'sx8/8

Underhand Straight Bar Cable row: 130x12/12, 145x11

Close Grip Bench 135x12/12, 145x10

EZ Bar Crushers 85x9/7

Cable Tri PD Drop set 130x10, 100x10, 60x12

Leg raises off of bench 10 with straight leg, 5 with bent knees.

Am very pleased with how this went. Considering a different split, gonna need to chew on that a bit.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Greetings AM Community. It is good to be back. Long story short, I am returning from a roughly 6 month medical leave and am almost finished healing but now comes the rehab. My experience left me with what the Doctors say is neurological damage and compromised blood flow in my left leg. During this process I dropped from a solid 270 to a much weaker 243 while sitting in a hospital bed for 22 days. That was 27 pounds of time in the squat rack and dead lifts and rows.....you get the idea, this was not a weight loss strategy I favored. I kind of let the diet go to hell sitting around the house being bored and restricted on activity and shot back up around 290, so that is about a 47 pound swing of fat gain. Got cleared to return to work in early February, cleared to lift in late February with some small limitations. (Primarily can do any upper body work and lower is supposed to be limited to leg extensions and hammy curls which I have been doing more rehab type lifting for. I will not lie, now that my last little bit of wound healing is pretty much done, I have played some on the hack squat and leg press sleds.

So why am I making this a log. For 2 reasons: 1)The people of this community were an awesome support, encouragement and means of accountability as I dropped down from 322 to 260 starting in Early 2011 (I think). I need that accountability in getting my diet in check and making my training sessions. 2) If I can inspire just one person who also has challenges to overcome, then documenting this is all worth while.
Tony! I'm glad you were able to have figured out what was giving you issues! It's not an easy process coming back after extended time out, and cerainly not when your body has suffered such damage, I know. Doing a log is brave and putting yourself out there, so kudos on that. Any support and encouragement you need, you've got it! Stay Strong in Faith and just Do It, bud!

~Rosie~

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tony! I'm glad you were able to have figured out what was giving you issues! It's not an easy process coming back after extended time out, and cerainly not when your body has suffered such damage, I know. Doing a log is brave and putting yourself out there, so kudos on that. Any support and encouragement you need, you've got it! Stay Strong in Faith and just Do It, bud!

~Rosie~
Thanks Rosie! You are a class act :)

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That should be a very effective stack indeed.

Workouts are looking solid..
Thanks wasme. Just a quick update: No work outs the last two days due to ball games. My little guy got his first hit, a single on a line shot to left field. Very pleased for him as he struggled in adjusting from Pee Wee ball to Little League last year, had been intimidated by bigger kids pitching to him. Kept the diet pretty well tight, just a bit over 2000 cals Sunday, just a bit under 2000 yesterday. Will be lifting tonight!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome about your boy's first hit!
I remember that day... my daughter got hers the same day. One really big day I had .. a lttle background.. my daughters football team did not have enough players so I ased my son's coach if she could play for his team. We did not expect much of anything from her. The first gain it's 2nd and 8 or so. They thorw her the ball and she catches and runs for a first down. We were freaking out. She's like 9 and a girl playing with 11 and 12 year olds. The next year she was the QB but that's another story.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome, when kids do the unexpected - I guess we should never underestimate them. That is great dreamweaver

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
4/23/13 Chest and Quads 5:35-6:35

Inc BB Press (W\u with Bar, 135) 175x5, 185x5, 195x5 (Each rep touching the upper chest)

Flat DB Press 75's x 10/8

One set of Smith Machine squats just to loosen the hip flexors etc before ->
Bench Squat 140x5, 160x5, 170x5 (+ a neg) I should be happy but it was briefly discouraging getting stuck on rep 6.
Lost focus on where I am headed and started to think of what I had lost (400+ Squat) That lasted about 10 seconds before it just pissed me off and made me more determined. Also, I was actually able to hit the bench repeatedly at all weights this week.

Deep Hack Squat (Sled) 140x8/8

Cable Crunch 140x15/20

2421 cals. Going to get some AM cardio in tomorrow morning before work.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't worry about the numbers now bro.

It won't help to dwell on where you used to be, all you can do now is move forward from where you are currently.

It may be easier to treat this like you're starting up for the first time, don't judge based on what you used to do and simply focus on how much more you can do now than you did last week!

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't worry about the numbers now bro.

It won't help to dwell on where you used to be, all you can do now is move forward from where you are currently.

It may be easier to treat this like you're starting up for the first time, don't judge based on what you used to do and simply focus on how much more you can do now than you did last week!
I understand what you are saying Jim and I appreciate the input. I am just a stubborn SOB and like most stubborn SOB's the worst thing you can do if you want to beat me is "throw down the gauntlent" because it only serves to strengthen my resolve.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I understand what you are saying Jim and I appreciate the input. I am just a stubborn SOB and like most stubborn SOB's the worst thing you can do if you want to beat me is "throw down the gauntlent" because it only serves to strengthen my resolve.
I'm the same way.

Also, I'm considering buying a real gauntlet. I want to go to Britain and throw it at people and see how many accept my challenge (you're first Ben)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome, when kids do the unexpected - I guess we should never underestimate them. That is great dreamweaver
:thumbsup:

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did complete the AM cardio, 25 minutes, random hill profile. Due to a crisis intervention at work did not get to break fast till 4:00, 20 hr fast plus cardio should make for a good burn.

domore

Awards
Where have I been the past five pages?!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice job Taman... nothing strips the fat off quiet like hills. How did you find 20+ hours fasted???

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice job Taman... nothing strips the fat off quiet like hills. How did you find 20+ hours fasted???
I was ready to rip into some chow at 2:00. This crisis started at 1:30, and this guy had ver loose associations and tended to ramble. There were a few times I had to remind myself that was part of his illness. Just gald I got the chance to eat before my 5:00 group!

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Liking the progress
Knew you were lurking :) . Thanks brotha!

I have opted to change my split a bit, Day 1 Chest, legs with quad emphasis, day 2 tris/bis, day 3 Rear chain/back/hammys and delts. Do core work about twice a week, don't typically log it.

So with that said: 4/25/13 Day 2 Arms

Close Grip Bench 145x12. 155x12, 165x9

EZ Bar Skull Crushers 85x9/8

Super Set
2H OH DB Ext 70x7, 60x9
EZ Bar Curl 75x10, 75x10

Standing Alt. DB Curl 35'sx10/10, 8/8 (l/r)

Cable Rope Hammer Curls 100x10/10

2430 cals on the day,

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't really know how I missed this gem. Just caught up on the whole thing. Excited for the rest of the ride Tony.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't really know how I missed this gem. Just caught up on the whole thing. Excited for the rest of the ride Tony.
Thanks Josh, good to have you on board.

4/26/13. Rear chain/Delts 3:15-4:30
busted myself using my back too much and not dragging the bar on deads, gonna need to lower weight and re-work my groove.

D/L- 155x5. 205x3, 235x2 235x1, 135x6

wd grp pd 120x10/10/9

RDL 135x8/8

BO DB ROW 90x10/10, 9/9 (l/r)

standing OoH BB Press 135x6, 145x5, 150x2. (Balance got a bit tricky here, had to rack it)

DB Bilateral raise 15'sx12,12

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You know I have to look out for my bro. We all are in this together. To pick each other up and carry us when things get tough.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
iThe damn scale is still not moving but I have had a few people asking if I am losing weight again so something must be working. Have also noted that my upper chest and delts are looking bigger already, but my delts are usually the first thing to bounce back for me after a pro-longed break. That being said, this is probably the worst time for a cheat day, but I am doing it but in a controlled fashion, meaning not hitting the junk food and candy, just eating what we have around with out measuring, for example dinner was chicken breast with corn and pasta noodles. At plenty of chicken, a small helping of noodles and about a cup of corn.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seems best when you make more adjuistments as time goes on.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wife had a nasty visit to the dentist Monday, another ball game last night. Looks like we are lifting Thursday, Friday, Sunday this week.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Back up and on it today! Despite the fact that my leg work weights/reps were a little less than last week, I was happier overall with how it went. Not a high volume day by any stretch, my overall iron moved was greater and I reached better depth and had no balance concerns.

5/2/13 Chest/Quads 5:15-6:10

Bench (w/u 135x10) 185x5, 205x5, 225x4 (Had no spotter), 185x9

Inc DB Press 70'sx9/8, 55'sx10

Bench Squat, bottom hit the bench every rep 135x10, 155x4 (let my butt settle in on the bench on rep five and could not move it.)

Hack Squat 150x5, 150x10 (Moved foot position higher up on the plate, went very deep)

Leg Press 230x10

Diet has been on point today for overall calls, needed to get back up on that too.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks like a good day Taman....
I was pleased with it, thanks :)

5/3/13 4:25-5:25 Bi's/Tri's

Close Grip Bench 135x10 (w/u) 165x10/9, 185x5

EZ Bar Crushers 90x3 (felt a lot heavier than I expected, must have fried them early with the close grips) 75x10/8

1 Hand OH DB Ext. (Drop set) 25x10, 15x12

Alt DB Curl Drop set 40x8, 25x10, 15x12, 40x6, 25x8, 15x12

Hammer Curl 25x10/10

Wide Grip Straight Bar Curl 50x10

Bench Crunch 2x25, Hanging Knee Raise 1x15

Finished off with 20 minutes of Random Hills, estimated burn of 90 cals.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
iThe damn scale is still not moving but I have had a few people asking if I am losing weight again so something must be working. Have also noted that my upper chest and delts are looking bigger already, but my delts are usually the first thing to bounce back for me after a pro-longed break..
If the scale re weight is not moving, but you look like you have "lost weight", then you are getting LEANER, which is a GOOD thing. Looks like you could be gaining a little muscle mass as well, from your observations and others' comments. KEEP going, Tony!

~Rosie~

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If the scale re weight is not moving, but you look like you have "lost weight", then you are getting LEANER, which is a GOOD thing. Looks like you could be gaining a little muscle mass as well, from your observations and others' comments. KEEP going, Tony!

~Rosie~
You know there ain't no quit in this kid :)

5/5/13 Rear chain/Delts 2:00-3:15

Notes: Started with a bit of biking then some stretching. I used 35#plates for the deads to make it a deficit and force me to drop my bottom, focus was on form and scraping the shins. Happy overall.

Deads: 115x10, 145x6, 185x5, 165x6 (Baby steps T!)

D Bar Pull Down: 145x8/8/6

Romanian DL: 135x8/8

BO DB Row (l/r): 90x 6/6, 6/6

Standing OH BB Press: 130x6, 140x4, 125x12 (Again, down to the clavicle, no push from the hips)

Standing Cable Upright Rows: 60x12, 70x12 (Just feeling out where I am with these)

Face Pull 15x12, 20x12 (Again, feeling this out, focus was on form)

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Another damn crisis call, 4:30-9:50! No lifting due to that (5/6/13). Wee man has his 1st official game tonight, gonna have to play this week by ear.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry all for the absence, last week just got so crazy but we are back up on it today.

5/13/13 5:30-6:15 Chest and quads (tried to go with a higher rep chest workout tonight)

Incline BB Press 135x12, 155x12, 175x8, 145x8

Flat Bench DB Press 75'sx8, 65'sx10

Bench Squat - figured out tonight that if I try to take my former wide foot space stance, I am more prone to have balance issues because my left ankle wants to roll. First set was the one we figured that part out on
135x3 (Reset and started again with a narrower stance(, 135x8, 160x3

Leg Press Sled 250x12/12 (+20lbs and 2 reps more per set)

Hack Squat 140x5 (Very deep)

Next iron session will either be Wednesday morning or Thursday night.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
5/15/13 Tri's/bi's

Close Grip Bench 135x12, 145x12, 155x12, 165x8

EZ Crushers 85x10/10

Assisted Dip (-) 90x7, (-) 100x7

Seated Alt DB Curl 40'sx10/10/9 (Pleasantly surprised here, thought I would lose a few reps due to taking away nearly any chance of cheating)

Hammer Curl 30's x 12/10

EZ Curl Bar 85x10/6

Drop set of Straight bar cable curl - 115/80/60x 8/8/10

Ball crunches 25/20

Think tomorrow I am just gonna hit some post work cardio hit rear chain/delts on Friday.

Did try some hang cleans, was pretty weak but sensed I could probably start doing some light power cleans soon.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't know if you were following my contest prep but I kicked azz won Masters and Grand Masters...

24.jpg
41.jpg
46a.jpg

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
T3, please allow me to say how nice it is that you are getting proper workouts in there.

I remember when I was in the depths of illness, I would have given everything to be able to train again. As soon as you start training I started to forget how bad I felt before and instead was wishing I was back in full recovery mode.

I try and stay humble and never forget the hard moments, it is these that make us stronger.

You are an inspiration to many but even more so to me because I know how hard you have had to battle for this.

Much love.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
T3, please allow me to say how nice it is that you are getting proper workouts in there.

I remember when I was in the depths of illness, I would have given everything to be able to train again. As soon as you start training I started to forget how bad I felt before and instead was wishing I was back in full recovery mode.

I try and stay humble and never forget the hard moments, it is these that make us stronger.

You are an inspiration to many but even more so to me because I know how hard you have had to battle for this.

Much love.
Many thanks my Prince among men!

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established