Flat BB Bench 190x5, 20x5, 250x4 +1 assisted rep

Inc DB Bench 80'sx10/6, 70'sx8

Decline BB Bench (Been a long time) 185x8/8

Nautilus Pec Deck (Drop set) 140x10/120x6/90x8/60x8

7/16/13 Quads and Triceps

Back Squat 145x5, 195x5, 235x5

Front Squat (Oly grip again) 145x5/5

Hack Squat Sled 140x8 (very deep)

Close Grp Bench (Went lighter with a focus on reps/form) 155x15, 165x12, 175x10

EZ Crushers 85x12/11

Underhand Straight Bar Cable Tri extension 110x14 (good buern)
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve

Recoverbro

4. Solid workouts bro... good to see you are still pluggin away!
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com

5. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Solid workouts bro... good to see you are still pluggin away!
    Good to see you are still here tagging along

7/19/13 Delts and Bi's

Note: Pulled a muscle (I think) in my neck, right side, base of my skull, limited ROM with pain turning my head to the right. Came racking the bar on last set of OH BB Presses, still had a fair amount of tension in my traps, turned my head to make sure I hit the power rack "arms", felt a little pop.

Standing OH BB Press (Full ROM) 135x5, 155x5, 165x5, 135x12 (burn down)

Seated OH DB Press 55'sx8/8

Cable Face Pull 100x15/15

DB Front Raise 15'sx15

Seated Alt DB Curl 40x10/10, 8/8

Wd Grip BB Curl 70x12/10

Hammer Curl 20'sx15, 25'sx12

Recoverbro

6. Road my bike outside today. Was harder than I had hoped, just over 11 minutes, but it's. start.

Recoverbro

7. Where are you sitting weight wise currently?

8. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Where are you sitting weight wise currently?
    Gotta be honest here, have yet to really get the diet in check. I will do great for 3 or 4 days and then blow it. Last weigh in was 305, that was 7/17/13. Need to get it done and get the scale moving back down.

Recoverbro

9. Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    Gotta be honest here, have yet to really get the diet in check. I will do great for 3 or 4 days and then blow it. Last weigh in was 305, that was 7/17/13. Need to get it done and get the scale moving back down.
    How are you feeling though? Stronger? A little more conditioned?

10. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    How are you feeling though? Stronger? A little more conditioned?
    The upper body strength is bouncing back pretty nicely, lower body workouts are grueling, deads more than squats. I can do 25 minutes before I get bored to death on stationary bike, this was my first real go at actual bicycle riding.

Recoverbro
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post

The upper body strength is bouncing back pretty nicely, lower body workouts are grueling, deads more than squats. I can do 25 minutes before I get bored to death on stationary bike, this was my first real go at actual bicycle riding.
    Lower body workouts are supposed to be grueling!

12. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

Lower body workouts are supposed to be grueling!
    Ok, more painful than they used to be.

Recoverbro

13. I have been advised to shut it down for a week due to the neck injury. However, as it is feeling much better, I think I am just going to skip Deads/Rear Chain Day and start this week off with chest/bench work and see how that goes, maybe hit the squat rack too. I completed the remainder of my delt and bi workout on Friday with out any real issues, so I think I should be ok.

Recoverbro

14. Get better, T! Nagging injuries are no fun.
    EvoMuse

15. Good luck with that... perhaps just go lighter to make sure there is no strain on your neck?
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com

16. Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    ok ball busting time. My Brother. We have had our fair share of ups and downs this past year or so. No more excuses sir. Lets get this crap under control and break the damn 300 lb mark.
    Chaos and Pain -Rep

Use Discount code: onlychevy620 for your 20% off

17. Quote Originally Posted by Onlychevy6 View Post
    ok ball busting time. My Brother. We have had our fair share of ups and downs this past year or so. No more excuses sir. Lets get this crap under control and break the damn 300 lb mark.
    That's what I need, thanks brother. Have been doing pretty well with it the last couple of days. This evening I decided not to go AMA and will not be lifting again till Saturday due to the neck strain needing to heal. So instead I came home and took the wee man for a bike ride, it was windy and pretty rough but I added another 5 minutes compared to last time. 16 minutes, 1.5 miles. This has really brought home to me how bad my cardio conditioning is at this time. Last summer I was hitting 7 mile bike rides in the heat of July and August. Well, gotta start where you are at, but at least I am started.

Recoverbro

18. Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    That's what I need, thanks brother. Have been doing pretty well with it the last couple of days. This evening I decided not to go AMA and will not be lifting again till Saturday due to the neck strain needing to heal. So instead I came home and took the wee man for a bike ride, it was windy and pretty rough but I added another 5 minutes compared to last time. 16 minutes, 1.5 miles. This has really brought home to me how bad my cardio conditioning is at this time. Last summer I was hitting 7 mile bike rides in the heat of July and August. Well, gotta start where you are at, but at least I am started.
    That's what I like to hear. Need to take care of your neck for sure. But as far as riding bikes or skateboarding etc etc. Anything we can do with our kids will include some sort of cardio. LOL... And it could actually be fun in the mean time. Not like running on a treadmill or stair master. etc etc
    Chaos and Pain -Rep

Use Discount code: onlychevy620 for your 20% off

19. Ok, was a day late on getting back at the iron, but got it started today. I was able to stand up and get a few revolutions standing on the stationary bike. This is exciting to me, as I have been unable to stand and push with the left leg on my bicycle and I view this as a major stride. Anyways, did 5 minute warm up then about 12 minutes post lifting while I was waiting on my oldest.

7/28/13 Chest and Bi's

Incline BB Press 135x12, 165x5, 195x5, 210x4

Rev. Pyramid Flat DB Presses 95'sx6, 85x8, 75'sx10

Standing Alt DB Curl 45x8/8, 7/7

Wide Grip BB Curl drop set 85x6, 65x6, 55x5, 35x10

Standing Cross Body Hammer Curl 20x12/12, 10/10.

Recoverbro

20. Work went to hell in a hand basket today, I opted to come home and hit the bike. Did 24 minutes, 2.84 miles. Was also able to get some full revolutions standing on the left foot to push, got a bit of road rash taking the last turn to get home with foot slipping off the pedal and causing a wipe. Many thanks to my loving wife who cleaned me up and bandaged my (mild) wounds. Anyways, took on a long, slow incline that I knew would be a challenge right off the bat, just to prove to myself I could do it. Did enjoy having gravity on my side on the way down. Also shaved nearly 2 minutes off of my pace from last ride to 1Mile/8.26 minutes. No Toure de France winner, but is an improvement and winning that race is not my goal anyways

Recoverbro

21. 7/30/13 Got in, hit it hard, got out. Started with a brief bike warm up.

Back Squat - 145x5, 195x5, 235x5, Bench Squat 155x10, but hit every rep, happy with that one most of all today.

Front Squat 135x6/6

Deep Hack Sled Squats 140x8

Figured I needed to start to do some calf work to fight the atrophy in the left leg.

Left Leg only seated calf raise 25x20

2 legged seated calf raise 90x12

Recoverbro

22. Started DCP 2.0 today now that I think I have finally gotten the proper mindset to do the diet right.

8/1/13 4:44-5:50

Standing OH BB Press (these may have been five pounds heavier then noted depending on who you believe on how much the bar weighs)
    140x5, 160x5, 170x5, 140x9 (Again, down to the collar bone, no momentum push from the hips.)

Seated (90Degree) OH DB Press 60x8/6+Partial

Seated DB Lateral Raise (Strict form) 20x8/7

Close Grip Bench (Dropped some weight to put the focus on keeping the elbows in) 155x15, 175x10, 185x6

Straight Bar Skull Crusher 70x12, 80x10

1H Cross body cable underhand tri extension 30x15/15, 40x10/10

Decline Sit Up 10, Cable Crunch 180x25.

Recoverbro

23. Get some!

24. 8/2/13 Rear Chain 4-5

Deads 135x5 (Warm up) 185x5, 235x5, Strapped on the belt and gave it a go 275x3

V Bar Pull Down 140x10/10/8

Back Hyperextension NWx15, 25x12

BO DB Row 85x8/8, 8/8

D Bar Cable Row 150x10/10

Recoverbro

25. Work till 3 today, then have to get brakes and oil change done. Weather permitting, going to get in some bike time today.

Recoverbro

26. Worked three hours in the sun on the car, between that and the wife's "supervision and commentary" accelerating my pulse, it was close enough to cardio. Diet was again fairly tight today (no sweets or junk) just over 1800 cals.

Recoverbro

27. ^^^What's up, brother!?! EDIT: Check it out, I just hit my 10K post in your accountability log!!!
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49

28. Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    Worked three hours in the sun on the car, between that and the wife's "supervision and commentary" accelerating my pulse, it was close enough to cardio. Diet was again fairly tight today (no sweets or junk) just over 1800 cals.
    My wife comments on my daily routines gets my pulse going a lot lol so I know where your coming from!

29. Good morning, friend!
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49

30. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    ^^^What's up, brother!?! EDIT: Check it out, I just hit my 10K post in your accountability log!!!
    Grats bro! Monday weigh in was a shameful 307.6 was 302.4 this am, got it moving in the right direction finally! Hoping to be close to 295 next week. Need to mow and (again) hope for a bike ride this afternoon.

Recoverbro

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 71
    Last Post: 07-16-2012, 11:26 PM
  2. Taman Lookin' for a Fixx (Joint Fixx that is) Sponsored Log
    By taman6886 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-09-2012, 10:47 PM
  3. TX's cycle log.
    By txwakeskater in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 46