Taman's accountqability/Comback log.

Page 3 of 22 First 12345 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee View Post
    Tony! I'm glad you were able to have figured out what was giving you issues! It's not an easy process coming back after extended time out, and cerainly not when your body has suffered such damage, I know. Doing a log is brave and putting yourself out there, so kudos on that. Any support and encouragement you need, you've got it! Stay Strong in Faith and just Do It, bud!

~Rosie~
    Thanks Rosie! You are a class act
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve

Recoverbro

2. Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    Just started stacking Alphaburn and Vanillean.
    That should be a very effective stack indeed.

Workouts are looking solid..
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    That should be a very effective stack indeed.

Workouts are looking solid..
    Thanks wasme. Just a quick update: No work outs the last two days due to ball games. My little guy got his first hit, a single on a line shot to left field. Very pleased for him as he struggled in adjusting from Pee Wee ball to Little League last year, had been intimidated by bigger kids pitching to him. Kept the diet pretty well tight, just a bit over 2000 cals Sunday, just a bit under 2000 yesterday. Will be lifting tonight!

Recoverbro

4. Awesome about your boy's first hit!

5. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Awesome about your boy's first hit!
    I remember that day... my daughter got hers the same day. One really big day I had .. a lttle background.. my daughters football team did not have enough players so I ased my son's coach if she could play for his team. We did not expect much of anything from her. The first gain it's 2nd and 8 or so. They thorw her the ball and she catches and runs for a first down. We were freaking out. She's like 9 and a girl playing with 11 and 12 year olds. The next year she was the QB but that's another story.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug
    •   

6. Awesome, when kids do the unexpected - I guess we should never underestimate them. That is great dreamweaver

7. 4/23/13 Chest and Quads 5:35-6:35

Inc BB Press (W\u with Bar, 135) 175x5, 185x5, 195x5 (Each rep touching the upper chest)

Flat DB Press 75's x 10/8

One set of Smith Machine squats just to loosen the hip flexors etc before ->
    Bench Squat 140x5, 160x5, 170x5 (+ a neg) I should be happy but it was briefly discouraging getting stuck on rep 6.
    Lost focus on where I am headed and started to think of what I had lost (400+ Squat) That lasted about 10 seconds before it just pissed me off and made me more determined. Also, I was actually able to hit the bench repeatedly at all weights this week.

Deep Hack Squat (Sled) 140x8/8

Cable Crunch 140x15/20

2421 cals. Going to get some AM cardio in tomorrow morning before work.

Recoverbro

8. Don't worry about the numbers now bro.

It won't help to dwell on where you used to be, all you can do now is move forward from where you are currently.

It may be easier to treat this like you're starting up for the first time, don't judge based on what you used to do and simply focus on how much more you can do now than you did last week!

9. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Don't worry about the numbers now bro.

It won't help to dwell on where you used to be, all you can do now is move forward from where you are currently.

It may be easier to treat this like you're starting up for the first time, don't judge based on what you used to do and simply focus on how much more you can do now than you did last week!
    I understand what you are saying Jim and I appreciate the input. I am just a stubborn SOB and like most stubborn SOB's the worst thing you can do if you want to beat me is "throw down the gauntlent" because it only serves to strengthen my resolve.

Recoverbro

10. Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post

I understand what you are saying Jim and I appreciate the input. I am just a stubborn SOB and like most stubborn SOB's the worst thing you can do if you want to beat me is "throw down the gauntlent" because it only serves to strengthen my resolve.
    I'm the same way.

Also, I'm considering buying a real gauntlet. I want to go to Britain and throw it at people and see how many accept my challenge (you're first Ben)

11. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Awesome, when kids do the unexpected - I guess we should never underestimate them. That is great dreamweaver
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

12. Did complete the AM cardio, 25 minutes, random hill profile. Due to a crisis intervention at work did not get to break fast till 4:00, 20 hr fast plus cardio should make for a good burn.

Recoverbro

13. Where have I been the past five pages?!
    EvoMuse

14. Nice job Taman... nothing strips the fat off quiet like hills. How did you find 20+ hours fasted???

15. Quote Originally Posted by domore View Post
    Where have I been the past five pages?!
    Welcome domore! Thanks for joining.

Recoverbro

16. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Nice job Taman... nothing strips the fat off quiet like hills. How did you find 20+ hours fasted???
    I was ready to rip into some chow at 2:00. This crisis started at 1:30, and this guy had ver loose associations and tended to ramble. There were a few times I had to remind myself that was part of his illness. Just gald I got the chance to eat before my 5:00 group!

Recoverbro

17. Liking the progress
    Chaos and Pain -Rep

Use Discount code: onlychevy620 for your 20% off

18. Quote Originally Posted by Onlychevy6 View Post
    Liking the progress
    Knew you were lurking . Thanks brotha!

I have opted to change my split a bit, Day 1 Chest, legs with quad emphasis, day 2 tris/bis, day 3 Rear chain/back/hammys and delts. Do core work about twice a week, don't typically log it.

So with that said: 4/25/13 Day 2 Arms

Close Grip Bench 145x12. 155x12, 165x9

EZ Bar Skull Crushers 85x9/8

Super Set
    2H OH DB Ext 70x7, 60x9
    EZ Bar Curl 75x10, 75x10

Standing Alt. DB Curl 35'sx10/10, 8/8 (l/r)

Cable Rope Hammer Curls 100x10/10

2430 cals on the day,

Recoverbro

19. Don't really know how I missed this gem. Just caught up on the whole thing. Excited for the rest of the ride Tony.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

PM me with any questions!

20. Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    Don't really know how I missed this gem. Just caught up on the whole thing. Excited for the rest of the ride Tony.
    Thanks Josh, good to have you on board.

4/26/13. Rear chain/Delts 3:15-4:30
    busted myself using my back too much and not dragging the bar on deads, gonna need to lower weight and re-work my groove.

D/L- 155x5. 205x3, 235x2 235x1, 135x6

wd grp pd 120x10/10/9

RDL 135x8/8

BO DB ROW 90x10/10, 9/9 (l/r)

standing OoH BB Press 135x6, 145x5, 150x2. (Balance got a bit tricky here, had to rack it)

DB Bilateral raise 15'sx12,12

Recoverbro

21. Nice workout Taman..

22. You know I have to look out for my bro. We all are in this together. To pick each other up and carry us when things get tough.
    Chaos and Pain -Rep

Use Discount code: onlychevy620 for your 20% off

23. iThe damn scale is still not moving but I have had a few people asking if I am losing weight again so something must be working. Have also noted that my upper chest and delts are looking bigger already, but my delts are usually the first thing to bounce back for me after a pro-longed break. That being said, this is probably the worst time for a cheat day, but I am doing it but in a controlled fashion, meaning not hitting the junk food and candy, just eating what we have around with out measuring, for example dinner was chicken breast with corn and pasta noodles. At plenty of chicken, a small helping of noodles and about a cup of corn.

Recoverbro

24. Seems best when you make more adjuistments as time goes on.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

25. Wife had a nasty visit to the dentist Monday, another ball game last night. Looks like we are lifting Thursday, Friday, Sunday this week.

Recoverbro

26. Back up and on it today! Despite the fact that my leg work weights/reps were a little less than last week, I was happier overall with how it went. Not a high volume day by any stretch, my overall iron moved was greater and I reached better depth and had no balance concerns.

5/2/13 Chest/Quads 5:15-6:10

Bench (w/u 135x10) 185x5, 205x5, 225x4 (Had no spotter), 185x9

Inc DB Press 70'sx9/8, 55'sx10

Bench Squat, bottom hit the bench every rep 135x10, 155x4 (let my butt settle in on the bench on rep five and could not move it.)

Hack Squat 150x5, 150x10 (Moved foot position higher up on the plate, went very deep)

Leg Press 230x10

Diet has been on point today for overall calls, needed to get back up on that too.

Recoverbro

27. Looks like a good day Taman....
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com

28. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Looks like a good day Taman....
    I was pleased with it, thanks

5/3/13 4:25-5:25 Bi's/Tri's

Close Grip Bench 135x10 (w/u) 165x10/9, 185x5

EZ Bar Crushers 90x3 (felt a lot heavier than I expected, must have fried them early with the close grips) 75x10/8

1 Hand OH DB Ext. (Drop set) 25x10, 15x12

Alt DB Curl Drop set 40x8, 25x10, 15x12, 40x6, 25x8, 15x12

Hammer Curl 25x10/10

Wide Grip Straight Bar Curl 50x10

Bench Crunch 2x25, Hanging Knee Raise 1x15

Finished off with 20 minutes of Random Hills, estimated burn of 90 cals.

Recoverbro

29. Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    iThe damn scale is still not moving but I have had a few people asking if I am losing weight again so something must be working. Have also noted that my upper chest and delts are looking bigger already, but my delts are usually the first thing to bounce back for me after a pro-longed break..
    If the scale re weight is not moving, but you look like you have "lost weight", then you are getting LEANER, which is a GOOD thing. Looks like you could be gaining a little muscle mass as well, from your observations and others' comments. KEEP going, Tony!

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

30. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee View Post
    If the scale re weight is not moving, but you look like you have "lost weight", then you are getting LEANER, which is a GOOD thing. Looks like you could be gaining a little muscle mass as well, from your observations and others' comments. KEEP going, Tony!

~Rosie~
    You know there ain't no quit in this kid

5/5/13 Rear chain/Delts 2:00-3:15

Notes: Started with a bit of biking then some stretching. I used 35#plates for the deads to make it a deficit and force me to drop my bottom, focus was on form and scraping the shins. Happy overall.

Deads: 115x10, 145x6, 185x5, 165x6 (Baby steps T!)

D Bar Pull Down: 145x8/8/6

Romanian DL: 135x8/8

BO DB Row (l/r): 90x 6/6, 6/6

Standing OH BB Press: 130x6, 140x4, 125x12 (Again, down to the clavicle, no push from the hips)

Standing Cable Upright Rows: 60x12, 70x12 (Just feeling out where I am with these)

Face Pull 15x12, 20x12 (Again, feeling this out, focus was on form)

Recoverbro
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 71
    Last Post: 07-16-2012, 11:26 PM
  2. Taman Lookin' for a Fixx (Joint Fixx that is) Sponsored Log
    By taman6886 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-09-2012, 10:47 PM
  3. TX's cycle log.
    By txwakeskater in forum Cycle Info