Time to get cut

Page 6 of 10 First ... 45678 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by halfhuman View Post

Niceee. This is how your macros should be. Good job.
    Yeah. I was eating too much dairy ( Greek yogurt, cottage cheese). I ate a couple pounds if fish yesterday and some whey for protein. It'll be fish and chicken today!

2. Quote Originally Posted by hubbabubba View Post

Yeah. I was eating too much dairy ( Greek yogurt, cottage cheese). I ate a couple pounds if fish yesterday and some whey for protein. It'll be fish and chicken today!
    Greek yogurt and cottage is actually good. If cutting I rather drop the cottage cheese and keep the Greek yogurt. Fish and chicken is the way to go. Keep it up
    Black Lion Representative
    I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by hubbabubba View Post
    I just got some of that greek yogurt a few weeks ago. I like it. Keep it up

4. Arms

3x15x75- ez bar standing curls

Incline dumbell curls-3x12x30

Arm Blaster curls3x10x70

One Arm Preacher- 3x10x30

Ez bar push downs- 25x50, 25x100, 15x150, 3x15x200

Laying 1 arm tricep extensions across body- 3x10x25

Overhead rope extension-3x15x90

30 min walk

5. 75-fat

93-carb

338-protein

Cals-2462

6. nice workout

7. Looking good! How's your mirror looking? Also, I would up the fat and lower the carbs to <50 for serious results. It's all mental, isn't it...

8. Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    Looking good! How's your mirror looking? Also, I would up the fat and lower the carbs to <50 for serious results. It's all mental, isn't it...
    I'm gonna stay between 75 and a 100 for carbs and keep my protein over 300. Calories will be 2300-2500. If I don't see results I will bite the Keto bullet. I feel good. I plan on posting pics in about a week but the mirror looks good. Veins are starting to pop in my arms. I figure I still have about 10 percent bf to lose before I will be comfortable at the pool.

9. Quote Originally Posted by hubbabubba View Post

I'm gonna stay between 75 and a 100 for carbs and keep my protein over 300. Calories will be 2300-2500. If I don't see results I will bite the Keto bullet. I feel good. I plan on posting pics in about a week but the mirror looks good. Veins are starting to pop in my arms. I figure I still have about 10 percent bf to lose before I will be comfortable at the pool.
    I personally don't feel keto is necessary. Maybe if you're insulin sensitive and your body loves to store fat...i don't know, I'm certainly no expert. I'm currently seeing great results taking in 1.5g/lb in protein, .5g/lb in fats and the rest in carbs to hit my calorie goal (which is about 300-500 below maintenance). I personally need the carbs to get through my workouts but I'm pretty depleted in time for some steady-state cardio. Just food for thought (see what I did there).
    Where it all started

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/35-older/217572-one-can-never.html

10. Quote Originally Posted by 1ifeblood View Post

I personally don't feel keto is necessary. Maybe if you're insulin sensitive and your body loves to store fat...i don't know, I'm certainly no expert. I'm currently seeing great results taking in 1.5g/lb in protein, .5g/lb in fats and the rest in carbs to hit my calorie goal (which is about 300-500 below maintenance). I personally need the carbs to get through my workouts but I'm pretty depleted in time for some steady-state cardio. Just food for thought (see what I did there).
    Yeah, I also don't think going Keto is sustainable for the amount of time I need to cut. It is something to consider as I progress but as I just lowered cals and I'm going to see what happens. I agree with energy. I feel like ass without carbs.
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by hubbabubba View Post

Yeah, I also don't think going Keto is sustainable for the amount of time I need to cut. It is something to consider as I progress but as I just lowered cals and I'm going to see what happens. I agree with energy. I feel like ass without carbs.
    There is a period of about 2 weeks where the body is becoming keto adapted. Energy levels do plummet in this window, there's documented studies to prove this. There's also a plethora of studies that show keto is bad, however, the lion's share of the studies terminated before keto adaptation.
    Carbohydrates are a nonessential macronutrient. Problem is the standard American diet is outrageously high in carbs, and eating keto feels like punishment because everyone else in America is getting fatter by maxing on carbs every time they eat/drink.

It's all mental. The body will do what the mind tells it to. You can do it if you want to. A victim mentality will just enable you to stay overweight.

Sorry to rant, but I have very strong feelings on this. I've been there and still struggle with my fatness. I teach high school kids and most can't go 20 minutes without juice/chips/candy. I can't deal with victim mentality.

Love, threeFs

12. Sorry, that was pretty cut throat

13. Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post

There is a period of about 2 weeks where the body is becoming keto adapted. Energy levels do plummet in this window, there's documented studies to prove this. There's also a plethora of studies that show keto is bad, however, the lion's share of the studies terminated before keto adaptation.
    Carbohydrates are a nonessential macronutrient. Problem is the standard American diet is outrageously high in carbs, and eating keto feels like punishment because everyone else in America is getting fatter by maxing on carbs every time they eat/drink.

It's all mental. The body will do what the mind tells it to. You can do it if you want to. A victim mentality will just enable you to stay overweight.

Sorry to rant, but I have very strong feelings on this. I've been there and still struggle with my fatness. I teach high school kids and most can't go 20 minutes without juice/chips/candy. I can't deal with victim mentality.

Love, threeFs
    I understand how it works, even did it for a couple months. It's a very obvious switch when your body goes keto. I specifically remember how bogged down I was getting and foggy-headed, then all of a sudden I woke up and was full of energy. What I don't like is that even though fat is a sustained energy source, if you push yourself to an activity level that requires more than your body can get from fat, it's starts pulling from protein...baaaaad lol. I think the real win is being able to find just how much carbs you need to efficiently do the work you're doing and keeping them complex so your body can use them more efficiently. Do this, eat the protein you need to maintain/repair/build, take in enough fats to provide sustained energy, provide hormone regulation, and brain function...and then simply increase or decrease calories based on what your goals are. I've recently dialed my diet in thanks to some pretty smart people on AM and can say I've never felt better overall!
    Where it all started

14. Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post

Love, threeFs
    3fs, you have found something that works for you and many people. I'm fine with your Keto passion but because I am not a Keto devotee doesn't mean I have a "victim mentality". I have been keeping my carbs below 200 on most days, which is far below the standard American diet. I feel strong and I think it's evident from my pics that I'm making progress. I value your support and I understand your perspective but there are many ways to get into shape. My future progress will be my proof.

Keep Killing it,

HubbaBubba

15. Off Day- Shoulders tomorrow and weigh in

Fat-114

Carbs-99

Protein-269

Calories-2525

16. Quote Originally Posted by hubbabubba View Post
    Off Day- Shoulders tomorrow and weigh in

Fat-114

Carbs-99

Protein-269

Calories-2525
    Love when u post these macros. Keep it up. Maybe drop carbs to about 50g when off next time. But good job

17. Well, more like lower carbs on off days. You will still lose fat at 100g but lower will happen faster. It's your world man, I just hate the fat guy I was and want to help. I think many people don't know why they're fat nor how to get un-fat. But you clearly grasp the concepts and practice well.
    Apologies for the rant. That's just the tip of how a formerly bullied fat kid feels.

18. Quote Originally Posted by halfhuman View Post

Love when u post these macros. Keep it up. Maybe drop carbs to about 50g when off next time. But good job
    Definitely drop carbs on off day and raise fat to maintain the same calories...maybe a little under. Then give yourself a refeed day where you keep everything the same except increase carbs to eat a surplus of 1000-1500 calories. Because you're so depleted by the end of your workout week most of those carbs will go towards replenishing glycogen and give you energy to burn the following week. My favorite day of the week!
    Where it all started

19. Quote Originally Posted by 1ifeblood View Post

Definitely drop carbs on off day and raise fat to maintain the same calories...maybe a little under. Then give yourself a refeed day where you keep everything the same except increase carbs to eat a surplus of 1000-1500 calories. Because you're so depleted by the end of your workout week most of those carbs will go towards replenishing glycogen and give you energy to burn the following week. My favorite day of the week!
    Yup. Perfectly said.

20. Quote Originally Posted by halfhuman View Post

Yup. Perfectly said.
    Wish I could take credit for it. This is just what I learned from the AM community. And I've never felt better than I do right now!
    Where it all started

21. Quote Originally Posted by 1ifeblood View Post

Wish I could take credit for it. This is just what I learned from the AM community. And I've never felt better than I do right now!
    Good job on paying attention.

22. Down two pounds-263

23. Quote Originally Posted by hubbabubba View Post
    Down two pounds-263
    P-R-O-G-R-E-S-S!!
    keep it up over the weekend. I know it's always more difficult for me to regulate my eating on the weekends since I'm home more-- and have to pass through the kitchen on the way to the bathroom. Who's idea was that layout? lol

24. Quote Originally Posted by hubbabubba View Post
    Down two pounds-263
    Thats good man, awesome keep it up

25. Quote Originally Posted by hubbabubba View Post
    Down two pounds-263
    That's perfect bud...2lbs a week is right where you want to be. Ensures you're burning the fat and not the muscle.
    Where it all started

26. Quote Originally Posted by 1ifeblood View Post

That's perfect bud...2lbs a week is right where you want to be. Ensures you're burning the fat and not the muscle.
    Yeah. My strength hasn't diminished and I'm losing weight. It's slow but its worth it.

27. Shoulders

Rotator cuff stuff ( too many heavy presses recently)

DB Presses- 55x15, 75x15, 100x2x10

Lateral Raises-3x12x30

Hammer Strength presses- 1 plate per sidex20, 2 plates per side x 12x3

Cable laterals (super strict)-30x12x3

Face Pulls-60x20, 90x10x2

Reverse flyes-30x10x3

30 minutes moderate cardio

Macros coming

28. Name:  image-3786848146.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  554.8 KB

40+ lbs of animal protein

Mahi mahi, sirloin, turkey burgers, ground turkey, chicken thighs, chicken breasts, flank steak

Set for a couple weeks!

29. Okay, I don't BS numbers because it ain't gonna help me get lean. My mom made cookies and it f-Ed up my macros, especially protein. Calories are about right.

Name:  image-1918672372.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  222.4 KB

It is what it is. Pissed at my weak self but that's okay. Cookies will always be around when you've got kids and grandmas.

30. Legs tomorrow!

I can't wait!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-23-2012, 02:11 AM
  2. first time trying to get cut
    By OSMBR in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-06-2009, 08:50 PM
  3. Best Supp to get CUT ~
    By memo007 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 55